Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1011121314Last >>
Author Topic:
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Nothing happened that night -orse than a -rie- dri---e o- rain an ho-r -e-ore da-n. As soon as it -as ----- -ight the- started. A-read- the -og -as thinning. The- -ept as c-ose as the- co--d to the -estern side, and the- co--d see the di- shapes o- the -o- c-i--s rising e-er higher, shado-- -a--s -ith their -eet in the h-rr-ing ri-er. In the -id(-)-orning the c-o-ds dre- do-n -o-er, and it -egan to rain hea-i--.

POACHED STRING
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
L please
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
W, please.
tarcolan
Send Message
Nothing happened that night worse than a -rie- dri--le o- rain an ho-r -e-ore dawn. As soon as it was --ll- light the- started. Alread- the -og was thinning. The- -ept as close as the- co-ld to the western side, and the- co-ld see the di- shapes o- the low cli--s rising e-er higher, shadow- walls with their -eet in the h-rr-ing ri-er. In the -id(-)-orning the clo-ds drew down lower, and it -egan to rain hea-il-.

SPLOTCHING WADER
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I’ll solve: The Fellowship of the Ring, Book two, chapter IX “The Great River” third-to-last page:

Nothing happened that night worse than a brief drizzle of rain an hour before dawn. As soon as it was fully light they started. Already the fog was thinning. They kept as close as they could to the western side, and they could see the dim shapes of the low cliffs rising ever higher, shadowy walls with their feet in the hurrying river. In the mid-morning the clouds drew down lower, and it began to rain heavily.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Well done, Gando!

E please

"It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish, as my old gaffer used to say."
tarcolan
Send Message
Congrats Gando. Has anyone noticed how lazy I am? That passage was just before the last one.

B for Bolivia please
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I was close to asking for another letter, also out of laziness …

-- --- --e ---- -- --e ----- --e, ---e- --e ---- -- ---(-)-----, ----e- E----- -b--e -- --------, --- -e ----e-e- --e-e ---- E--e-, --- ---e- ---- -- ------ --- ---e- ---- ----- --- --e -----e-- -- -----e(-)e----, --- -e --e-e--e- ------- ---- ---e- -- -e- --e -e---- -- --- ---- --- bee- ----; --- --e ----e -- E----- --- - -e---e --- --e -e--- --- --e ----e--e-, --- - --e----- -- ---- -----e- --- ---e ---e.

B, E
tarcolan
Send Message
H for Hedgehog please
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
-- --- -he ---- -- -he -h--- --e, ---e- -he ---- -- ---(-)-----, ----e- E----- -b--e -- --------, --- he ---he-e- -he-e ---- E--e-, --- --he- ---- -- ------ --- ---e- ---- ----- --- -he -----e-- -- -----e(-)e---h, --- he --e-e--e- -h----h ---- ---e- -- -e- -he -e---- -- --- -h-- h-- bee- ----; --- -he h---e -- E----- --- - -e---e --- -he -e--- --- -he ----e--e-, --- - --e----- -- ---- -----e- --- ---e ---e.

B, E, H
tarcolan
Send Message
T for Tamarisk please
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
-- --- the ---- -- the Th--- --e, --te- the ---- -- ---(-)-----, ---te- E----- -b--e -- --------, --- he --the-e- the-e ---- E--e-, --- -the- ---- -- ------ --- ---e- ---- ----- --- the -----e-- -- -----e(-)e--th, --- he --e-e--e- th----h ---- ---e- -- -e- the -e---- -- --- th-t h-- bee- ----; --- the h---e -- E----- --- - -e---e --- the -e--- --- the ----e--e-, --- - t-e----- -- ---- -----e- --- ---e ---e.

B, E, H, T
tarcolan
Send Message
R for Ragwort please
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
-- --- the ---- -- the Th-r- --e, --ter the ---- -- ---(-)-----, ---ter E-r--- -b--e -- -----r--, --- he --there- there ---- E--e-, --- -ther ---- -- ------ --- ---er -r-- ----- --- the ----re-- -- -----e(-)e-rth, --- he -re-er-e- thr---h ---- ---e- -- -e- the -e--r- -- --- th-t h-- bee- ---r; --- the h---e -- E-r--- --- - re---e --r the -e-r- --- the ---re--e-, --- - tre---r- -- ---- -----e- --- ---e --re.

B, E, H, R, T
tarcolan
Send Message
N for Nightshade please
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
-n --- the ---- -- the Th-r- --e, --ter the ---- -- ---(-)-----, ---ter E-r-n- -b--e -n -----r--, -n- he --there- there --n- E--e-, -n- -ther ---- -- ------ -n- ---er -r-- ---n- --- the --n-re-- -- -----e(-)e-rth, -n- he -re-er-e- thr---h --n- ---e- -- -en the -e--r- -- --- th-t h-- been ---r; -n- the h---e -- E-r-n- --- - re---e --r the -e-r- -n- the ---re--e-, -n- - tre---r- -- ---- ---n-e- -n- ---e --re.

B, E, H, N, R, T
tarcolan
Send Message
F for Feverfew please.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
-n --- the ---- -f the Th-r- --e, -fter the f--- -f ---(-)-----, ---ter E-r-n- -b--e -n -----r--, -n- he --there- there --n- E--e-, -n- -ther f--- -f ------ -n- ---er fr-- ---n- --- the --n-re-- -f -----e(-)e-rth, -n- he -re-er-e- thr---h --n- ---e- -f -en the -e--r- -f --- th-t h-- been f--r; -n- the h---e -f E-r-n- --- - ref--e f-r the -e-r- -n- the ---re--e-, -n- - tre---r- -f ---- ---n-e- -n- ---e --re.

B, E, F, H, N, R, T
tarcolan
Send Message
A for Anemone please.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
-n a-- the -a-- -f the Th-r- A-e, after the fa-- -f ---(-)-a-a-, -a-ter E-r-n- ab--e -n ---a-r--, an- he -athere- there -an- E--e-, an- -ther f--- -f ------ an- ---er fr-- a--n- a-- the --n-re-- -f -----e(-)earth, an- he -re-er-e- thr---h -an- ---e- -f -en the -e--r- -f a-- that ha- been fa-r; an- the h---e -f E-r-n- -a- a ref--e f-r the -ear- an- the ---re--e-, an- a trea--r- -f ---- ---n-e- an- ---e --re.

A, B, E, F, H, N, R, T
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
U please
tarcolan
Send Message
In all the days of the Third Age, after the fall of Gil-galad, Master Elrond abode in Imladris, and he gathered there many Elves, and other folk of wisdom and power from among all the kindreds of Middle-earth, and he preserved through many lives of Men the memory of all that had been fair; and the house of Elrond was a refuge for the weary and the oppressed, and a treasury of good counsel and wise lore. - Of The Rings of Power and the Third Age

"--- ---- ---," ------- --- ------, "--- ------ ---- ---- -------- ---- ---------. --- ----- ---- -- ----- ---- ---- ------ --- ---- ---- -----, - ----. --- - ---- -- ---- -------- ---- --- -----!"
"-- ----- -- ---- ------," ---- ------; "--- - ---- ---- ---- --- ---- ----- -- ---- --- -- --- -----, -- --- ---- -----."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Bullseye, tarc!

E please
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Wow! That was quick, Tarc!

May I have an A, please?

"You cannot pass!"
tarcolan
Send Message
We're supposed to be getting it in three letters

"E-e ---- ---," -a--a-- -a- -a----, "--e ---e-- ---- ---- ---e--a- ---e ----e---e. --e ----- ---- -e --ee- ---- --a- ------ --- -a-- ---- -ea--, - ---e. -e- - ---- -e -e-e -a----e- ---- --e -----!"
"-- ----- -e -e-- ---ee-," -a-- E-----; "--- - -ea- --a- ---- --- ---e a---- -- ---- a-e -- --e -----, -- --- -a-- a--e-."

EA
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
S please
tarcolan
Send Message
"E-e ---- ---," -a--a-- -as sa----, "--e ---es- ---- ---- s--e--a- ---e ----es--e. --e ----- ---- -e --ee- ---- --a- ------ --- -a-- ---- -ea-s, - ---e. -e- - --s- -e -e-e -a--s-e- ---- --e -----!"
"-- ----- -e -e-- ---ee-," sa-- E-----; "--- - -ea- --a- ---- --- ---e a---- -- ---s a-e -- --e -----, -- --- -a-- a--e-."

SEA
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
R please
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
M as in Maedhros, please.

"You cannot pass!"
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I please
tarcolan
Send Message
"Ere ---- ---," -a--a-- -as sa-i--, "--e --res- -i-- -r-- s-me--a- m-re ----es-me. --e --r-- -i-- -e -ree- -r-m --a- --rr-r --r ma-- ---- -ears, I ---e. -e- I -is- -e -ere -a-is-e- -r-m --e --r--!"
"I- ----- -e -e-- i--ee-," sai- E-r---; "--- I -ear --a- -i-- --- --me a---- i- --is a-e -- --e --r--, -r --r ma-- a--er."

MARIES
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
L please
tarcolan
Send Message
"Ere l--- ---," -a--al- -as sa-i--, "--e --res- -ill -r-- s-me--a- m-re ---les-me. --e --r-- -ill -e -ree- -r-m --a- --rr-r --r ma-- l--- -ears, I ---e. -e- I -is- -e -ere -a-is-e- -r-m --e --rl-!"
"I- ---l- -e -ell i--ee-," sai- Elr---; "--- I -ear --a- -ill --- --me a---- i- --is a-e -- --e --rl-, -r --r ma-- a--er."

REALISM
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
N please
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
O please
<< First1011121314Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email