Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First56789
Author Topic:
EstelwenJesusFreak
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: You know you've read/saw too much LotR stuff when...
on: October 29, 2007 03:40
3) Your paint/wallpaper is no longer visible because of all of your posters of LotR - yeah, a lot.. lol

9) When you read other books, you make comparisons of all the main characters to LOTR characters

15) Whenever you see birds flying overhead, you have the urge to yell "Fly you fools!"

17) You call all your items "my preciousss"

1 Every time someone offers you a drink, you ask, "Does it come in pints?" - HECK YEAH!! and once, i ate a PINT of icecream!! It was AWESOME!!

22) When you randomly shout out, "MUSHROOMS!!!" in public.

23) When you and your friends are shopping for clothes, you go straight to the scarves. - not quite, but me and two of my bffs took a knitting class and made eath colored scarfs so we could dress like hobbites
24) When you fit LOTR quotes into everyday life. - HECK YEAH!!

27) You would happily defend your favourite, fictional, character to your death - YEAH!! My dad told me elves aren't real... it was sad, i definitely said they were lol

39) It's your birthday, instead of (example) your 14th bday, it'd be your 14thieth - u mean there are ppl who dont do that? ill be 16thieth next month!!

46) Your teacher asks you for the thousandth time not to write your name in Elvish. - well, they havent asked me not to yet...

47) Whenever the dreaded In-laws come over, you say
"A shadow and a threat has been growing in my mind. Somthing draws near......I can feel it." - i dont have inlaws but when my dads mom and stepdad come over, yeah i say that..

4 Your friends cannot pronounce your name in Elvish. - not true, a lot of my friends speak Elvish.. some dont even like lotr though... :cry:

54) You shamelessly quote LOTR at any given oppurtuntity.

57) Your screen name, e-mail address, etc, has something to do with LOTR. - well duh

6 Your parents are a little afraid of your obsession.
69) Sometimes you do little things just to add to their fears. (Random lines of Elvish, quotes, Gollum impersonations...)

73) You own the soundtrack to both, FotR and TTT.
74) You've listened to them too many times to count.
75) You are scared to realize the fact that you can hum every song on each album.
76) You write lists like these.
77) You enjoy them v. muchly.
7 You can relate almost too-well to them.
79) You can relate almost too-well to them, even when some are far-fetched and are made for parodies.
80) Your family is not back from an errand when you expected them. When they do arrive, you open the door, cross your arms and say "You're late", with the accent and everything.
81) You find yourself using a scottish accent when you live in Florida.
83) You save a document called "Mushrooms" on your computer, so that you can make a shortcut on your desktop called "Shortcut to Mushrooms".- id never thought of that!! thats AMAZING!!
90) Your parents tell guests at your house, " Do Not, we repeat DO NOT talk about LotR or you'll be hearing about it all night."
100) When you suddenly start talking like Pippin and can't stop.
106) Start laughing at something in real life that reminds you of something Lotr related and people have given up asking what you find so funny.
this is a post where u guys can make list of wut u guys think makes up a total and complete LotR:love: fan.Have fun!:heart:

(Edit from Witch Queen:
Here is an almost complete list of what you members have so far written down )

You know you've read/seen/own too much LOTR stuff when:

1) When you start writing LotR quotes in your English essays. eg. the world is changing.
2) You accidently answer a question in French in Sindarian or Quenya
3) Your paint/wallpaper is no longer visible because of all of your posters of LotR.
4) You parents talk to you about a picture of (insert object of desire) here they found on your floor while "clearing away"
5) You lock yourself away in your room gibbering about LotR like Gollum!
6) You turn a paper in to your teacher that's in Agerthas instead of normal english.
7) you have elvish runes painted in silver on your walls.
When someone says a word you know you repeat it back to them in elvish
9) When you read other books, you make comparisons of all the main characters to LOTR characters
10) You wear cloaks around everywhere, just because you can.
11) You can't even see your mirror, all of your LOTR stuff on the dresser is blocking it.
12) For your social studys project, when you have to make a food from another culture, you make Lembas.
13) Your pet is named after a smaller character from the books, like Denethor.
14) When someone ask you where your form, you reply Gondor. Then when they ask you your name, you give them your RPG character name.
15) Whenever you see birds flying overhead, you have the urge to yell "Fly you fools!"
16) Every time you close a door you say "They have a cave troll!"
1 Every time someone offers you a drink, you ask, "Does it come in pints?"
19) When you spend all your free time on CoE.
20) When your friends are talking about history class, and you refer the last Civil War battle you studied to the Battle of Helm's Deep or Lurtz's Last Battle, etc.
21) When your sisters or brothers are knocking on your bedroom door, you cry, "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!"
22) When you randomly shout out, "MUSHROOMS!!!" in public.
23) When you and your friends are shopping for clothes, you go straight to the scarves.
24) When you fit LOTR quotes into everyday life.
25) When you see a flock of birds you cry out "Crebain for Dunland" then you hide.
26) when you see ppl riding horse you yell "The Nine, the Nine! You shall have neither the Ring nor me!"
27) You would happily defend your favourite, fictional, character to your death
2 You scream "CREBAIN FROM DUNLAND! HIIIIIDE!" and hide under a hedge every time you see a bird
29) You baptise people (in your local pool) in the name of Peter Jackson, Peter Jackson and Peter Jackson
30) You have a shrine to your favourite cast member
31) You go about singing "Elves forever! Chuck 'em in the river! dance about! make 'em shout! HOBBITS ARE BETTER!"
32) You make a perty symbol out of your favourite cast member's name and have it perminently writen on your hand
33) You name places of your house after ME places
34) You salute every time you see/hear the name Peter Jackson, or see a picture of him, or hear him talking.
35) You'r frozen bread brakes up so it's untoastable - The first thing you do is name it Anduril and plan to reforge it later
36) You refer to all your mates as lotr characters, even the non-fans
37) You cut all your food into mushroom shapes
3 You reffer to "square" cerial bares as lembas and wrap them up in foil leaf shapes you've cut out
39) It's your birthday, instead of (example) your 14th bday, it'd be your 14thieth
40) You make an 8 foot long banner saying "Happy 14thieth birthday", suspend it from your bed and make glitery fireworks to stick onto it
41) Your so disapointed that the toy shops in your area don't do plastic swords that you make one out of cardboard and pretend to kill Boromir
42) Your absolutly petrified to go neer your window cause your convinsed strider was outside it one night (grrr, no one believes me. He was there, it was strider and he had his sword! and it was so scary!)
43) You really want to get that "hobbit feel" so you sleep on your bedroom floor instead of on your bed
44) You have a Cloak, suposidly made by the elves of that you never leave home without
45) You make paper eyebrows, a beard and a hat and go around saying "FOOL OF A TOOK!"
46) Your teacher asks you for the thousandth time not to write your name in Elvish.
47) Whenever the dreaded In-laws come over, you say
"A shadow and a threat has been growing in my mind. Somthing draws near......I can feel it."
4 Your friends cannot pronounce your name in Elvish.
49) When people ask where your from, you say Rivindell or the Shire, or Rohan , or.............
50) When your friends tell you their crush, you say " Sam will kill you if you try anything."
51) You scribble elvish, quotes, names, etc on your hand, arm, etc.
52) Your teacher gives you a very strange look when they glance at your 'creation'.
53) You smile. And maybe laugh.
55) You shamelessly quote VSD's, and are v. happy when given strange looks.
56) You're not alone, don't forget that!
57) Your screen name, e-mail address, etc, has something to do with LOTR.
5 Your friends have no idea what any of it means.
59) You often don't get e-mail because "they couldn't spell it".
60) In replies to "A/s/l"'s or whatnot, you give a random Middle-Earth location.
61) And crack up hysterically at the responses.
62) You have a one ring.
63) You immediately spout off a Gollum impression the minute someone asks to see it.
64) Or, if someone asks to put it on, you say, "Never put it on, for the agents of the Dark Lord are drawn to its' power..."
65) You've seen the Animated LOTR.
66) You own it.
67) You made your friends see it.
69) Sometimes you do little things just to add to their fears. (Random lines of Elvish, quotes, Gollum impersonations...)
70) You can't stop refreshing lotr.net, just to hear the different greetings.
71) You've been refreshing for hours.
72) Days.
75) You are scared to realize the fact that you can hum every song on each album.
76) You write lists like these.
79) You can relate almost too-well to them, even when some are far-fetched and are made for parodies.
80) Your family is not back from an errand when you expected them. When they do arrive, you open the door, cross your arms and say "You're late", with the accent and everything.
81) You find yourself using a scottish accent when you live in Florida.
82) You see Harry Potter related media and automatically think "Grr, it's the competition!"
83) You save a document called "Mushrooms" on your computer, so that you can make a shortcut on your desktop called "Shortcut to Mushrooms".
84) When you have about 600 or more LOTR related pics saved on your computer.
85) When your computer starts up, instead of the usual "Windows" music that plays, it says: "Hello this is Orlando Bloom, welcome to Lord of the Rings .net".
86) are teaching your dogs to sit in Elvish.
87) One of your dog's name is Arwen!
8 You are constantly doing eyebrow exersices in hope that they will someday be like Elrond's.
89) Non-LotR schoolmates are always asking what your elvish name means and they cannot remember it worth beans.
90) Your parents tell guests at your house, " Do Not, we repeat DO NOT talk about LotR or you'll be hearing about it all night."
91) Your eyebrow exercises seem to be working ( to you at least )
92) When you have your own sword and pretend to kill orcs that are not there.
93) When you now have a British accent and your friends and family look at you weirdly.
94) When your sister comes to visit, you and her go out to practice with the bow and arrow.
95) You stand outside during a blizzard saying you can hear a fell voice on the air.
96) You start believing that you CAN hear a fell voice on the air.
97) You start cursing when to try to walk on top of 6 inches of snow and fail.
9 You decide that maybe you're more hobbit-like than elf-like and stat walking barefoot in the snow to see what it was like for the hobbits.
99) You only stop when you realise your feet are going blue and you can't feel them.
101) When you greet people with "Mae Govannen".
102) You (and a similarly obcessed friend) can carry on a conversation comprised of only movie, book or Fanfic quotes for several minutes without "normal people" catching on.
103) You dressed up to see the movies.
104) You read the Bagender where Boromir posesses the fridge and start talking to your refridgerator.
105) You start seriously considering remodleing your room to look like Rivendell but decide against it because then you couldn't see any of your posters
106) Start laughing at something in real life that reminds you of something Lotr related and people have given up asking what you find so funny.
107) Your friends check to make sure the movies they rent do not have anyone in them who was in lotr even that guy who played "Dead Orc #6"
10 When people are surprised at your having bows, arrows, knives, etc. you say "The women of this country learned long ago that those without swords could still die upon them. I fear niether death nor pain."
109) When you get scared or worried or something you find yourself saying "Elbereth Githoniel" over and over.
110) You go around trying to talk to trees.
111) You've looked in your birdbath to try and see something.
112) You're conviced you did see something.
113) You make your own costumes that look like something from LotR's.
114) You have a one ring on your keychain.
115) You glue fake hair to your feet
116) You read a article entitled 'Why didn't the ring just go down the drain' and aren't sure whether to laugh or write an angry letter.
117) You spend weeks obsessing over getting a lotr's poster from the sunday newpaper.
11 You buy a magazine just because it has an article on members of the cast

(More to come (we hope! )
(there are quite a bit more, but it just started to get to be too much to add all of them! Good job!)

[Edited on 3/3/2003 by ~Witch_Queen_of_Angmar~]

[Edited on 5/20/2003 by BelleBayard]

[Edited on 3/8/2003 by Elvenstar]
JaimeLouise
CoE Volunteer & Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: October 29, 2007 06:00
Here are the ones that I can releate to.

7) you have elvish runes painted in silver on your walls. Not my walls, but other things.

13) Your pet is named after a smaller character from the books, like Denethor. [I have had a fish for every character...[/b]

16) Every time you close a door you say "They have a cave troll!"

1 Every time someone offers you a drink, you ask, "Does it come in pints?"

21) When your sisters or brothers are knocking on your bedroom door, you cry, "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!" Ooo....I will now!

22) When you randomly shout out, "MUSHROOMS!!!" in public. If I see them, yes.

24) When you fit LOTR quotes into everyday life.

25) When you see a flock of birds you cry out "Crebain for Dunland" then you hide.

37) You cut all your food into mushroom shapes No, I just put real mushrooms into every dish that I can...

3 You refer to "square" cereal bars as lembas and wrap them up in foil leaf shapes you've cut out I actually made Lembas...

4 Your friends cannot pronounce your name in Elvish.

49) When people ask where your from, you say Rivindell or the Shire, or Rohan , or.............

57) Your screen name, e-mail address, etc, has something to do with LOTR.
5 Your friends have no idea what any of it means. My parents don't...

62) You have a one ring.
63) You immediately spout off a Gollum impression the minute someone asks to see it. Not Gollum, but Frodo.

65) You've seen the Animated LOTR.
66) You own it. I own the animated version of The Hobbit...

70) You can't stop refreshing lotr.net, just to hear the different greetings.

73) You own the soundtrack to both, FotR and TTT. And RotK!
75) You are scared to realize the fact that you can hum every song on each album. Scared? No. :nono:

76) You write lists like these. I don't write, but I read.

81) You find yourself using a scottish accent when you live in Florida. Not Florida, but still....

82) You see Harry Potter related media and automatically think "Grr, it's the competition!"

83) You save a document called "Mushrooms" on your computer, so that you can make a shortcut on your desktop called "Shortcut to Mushrooms". Image LOL! That's great!

84) When you have about 600 or more LOTR related pics saved on your computer.

86) are teaching your dogs to sit in Elvish. I might now....

101) When you greet people with "Mae Govannen".

106) Start laughing at something in real life that reminds you of something Lotr related and people have given up asking what you find so funny. Roast chicken?....

117) You spend weeks obsessing over getting a lotr's poster from the sunday newpaper. Does an article count? I never found a poster...

Visit my website & Etsy shop! ~ Ephesians 4:29 ~
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: November 03, 2007 09:26
wow most of these are me...... my parents and friends stay away from me because ill just do everything on the list...
LOTR_obsessed_loony
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2008 10:15
When you see mushrooms on special offer in a shop and think of the scene in FOTR, "A Shortcut to Mushrooms"... :dizzy: Or when you see potatoes on special offer and think of that bit in TTT with Gollum and Sam where Gollum doesn't know what taters are... double :dizzy: .
"...Though thereafter we may walk in the shadows, I will not go forth as a thief in the night." – Boromir, FotR, The Ring Goes South Image Image Image Image Image
Gumawerian
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2008 10:25
35) You'r frozen bread brakes up so it's untoastable - The first thing you do is name it Anduril and plan to reforge it later

This one made me laugh so hard! I would do this, but I don't have a toaster to reforge it in.
TheStriderRider
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2008 03:17
Oh god, this is sad because a majority of them I can TOTALLY imagine myself doing >.<

But here are a few, and if they're already mentioned I apologize:

Strider's If you know whens:
1. You try to compare a hot guy to one of the LOTR characters to your non-LOTR fan friend and get them completely lost.
2. You can pop out an entire dialogue of Smeagol and Gollum going at it (In my case: You're a liar and a thief
no
MUUUUURDERRRRRRERRR)
3. In every commercial for a new movie, you see lord of the rings actors that aren't there.
4. You morn the fact that Elijah Wood went from "Lord of the Rings" to...."Happy Feet"...
5. You learn how to play "May It Be" on guitar
6. You want to make a short film of Frodo and Company's adventure into the Old Forest, just so you can see what Tom Bombadil might look like with his cute yellow boots and twinkling eyes.
7. You wish you had a friend as loyal as Sam.

There's more but I'll stop there.

Love :love:
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2008 04:11
Wow. I frequently speak like Smeagol.
I call everything my precious.
I love anything that looks Elven and keep my hair long for the Elven look.
Everything can be compared to LotR!!!
Elana
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2008 04:28
When I'm bored at school, I write LotR quotes (in Elvish if possible) in my notebooks. All but silivra think I'm very weird.
I guess that's how I know I've read and watched too much LotR.
silivra
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 24, 2008 07:38
Elana is NOT weird (yeah you have been right, I am the exception, lol).
LOTR_obsessed_loony
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2008 11:00
In my opinion, it is perfectly logical to write LOTR quotes in your notebooks. So there's two exceptions. (I'd write LOTR quotes in mine too but the teacher would kill me.)
"...Though thereafter we may walk in the shadows, I will not go forth as a thief in the night." – Boromir, FotR, The Ring Goes South Image Image Image Image Image
EstelwenJesusFreak
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2008 09:59
im an exception too!! I wrote quotes in my notes ALL THE TIME!! im surprised none of my teachers have talked to me about this actually.. in history i have to turn my notes in, they have drawings of Anduril, quotes, legolas' bow... everything
Estelwen
Imahobbitgirl2
Realm Leader of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: March 18, 2008 02:34
Let's see...

9. When you read other books you make comparisons of all the characters to LOTR characters. (Mostly Harry Potter lately, it being my other obsession. Sirius is Aragorn, Kreacher is Gollum, Hagrid is a very tall Gimli, etc.)

13. Your pet is named after a character from the books. (Not really, but I want to get 4 frogs and name them Frodo, Sam Merry, and Pippin )

17. You call your items "My Preciousssss". (Yep! I first did it with Harry Potter, Book 7, which was really scary! )

19. You spend all your free time in CoE. ( )

24. You fit LOTR quotes into everyday life. (Shouldn't we all? )

25. When you see a flock of birds you call out "Crebain from Dunland" then you hide. (You gotta admit those zillion birds perched on telephone poles are pretty creepy-looking. )

27. You would happily defend your favorite, fictonal character to the death. (Nobody had better call MY PIPPIN stupid! :angry: )

30. You have a shrine to your favorite cast member. (No. I'm afraid I'll get over him. )

31. You go around singing "Elves forever! Chuck 'em in the river! Dance about! Make 'em shout HOBBITS ARE BETTER!" (LOL. Hobbits Rule! No offence, Elf-Fans! )

33. You name places of your house afer ME places. (Well, sort of. My apartment complex is the Shire, my apartment is Bag End, my favorite burger joint is the Green Dragon.)

38. You refer to square cereal bars as Lembas and wrap them up in foil leaf shapes you've cut out. (No way! It's Pop-Tarts that are Lembas! )

39. It's your birthday, instead of (example) your 14th birthday, it'd be your 14thieth. (No, but I will be celebrating my "coming of age" at 33, which is a lot closer than I care to admit )

40. You make an 8-foot long banner saying "Happy 14thieth Birthday", suspend it from your bed, and make glittery fireworks to stick onto it. (Hmm, not a bad idea.)

43. You really want to get the "hobbit feel" so you sleep on your bedroom floor instead of on your bed. (Hobbits like comfort. Bed for me.)

54. You shamelessly quote LOTR at any given opportunity. (Well yeah. Why not? )

55. You shamelessly quote VSDs and are v. happy when given strange looks. (Hee, hee, Pointy Hat Trick!)

56. You're not alone, done forget that! (Thanks :love: I'll try not to!)

62. You have a One Ring. (Sadly, no. Do they still make them?)

65. You've seen the Animated LOTR. (Sigh. Yes.)

66. You own it. (All 3. It's LOTR, I have to.)

67. You made your friends see it. (LOL. I'm not that cruel! )

70. You can't stop refreshing LOTR.net just to hear the different greetings (It's fun, isn't it? )

71. You could do it for hours. (Yep!)

72. Days. (That, too!)

73. You own the soundtrack to both FOTR and TTT. (And ROTK. Got them the same day.)

74. You've listened to them too many times to count. (Working on that.)

75. You are scared to realize the fact that you can hum every song on each album. ( Working on that, too. I can do the Shire, the Fellowship, Gondor, Into the West, Gollum's Song -- in Gollum's voice , and of course Pippin's Song! )

76. You write lists like these. (I'm not that creative!)

77. You like them v. muchly. (I does, precious, I does! )

78. You can relate almost too well to them. (I'm beginning to notice that!)

79. You can relate almost too well to them even when some are far fetched and made for parodies. (Not far-fetched enough!)

81. You find yourself using a Scottish accent. (And proud of it! )

82. You see Harry Potter-related media and automatically think "Grr, it's the competition". (Actually, I'm embarrassed to admit when the LOTR movies first came out I was such a Harry Potter fan I actually though that about LOTR! :nono: )

93. You have a British accent and family and friends look at you weirdly. (Scottish, actually, for my Pippin. )

97. You start cursing when you try to walk on top of 6 inches of snow and fail. (I wished I could do that this past winter!)

100. You suddenly start talking like Pippin and can't stop. (Of course. Pippin has the BEST lines! )

106. You start laughing at something in real life that reminds you of something LOTR related and people have given up asking you what you find so funny. (Did that just today. I passed a street sign that said Wood Ave. and I immediately tacked on "Elijah" and chortled. I was on a bus full of people. :blush: )

107. Your friends check to make sure the movies they rent do not have anyone in them who was in LOTR. (I even watched Rudy the other day. I hate football and I couldn't understand the plot but I wanted to run out and buy the DVD because SEAN ASTIN WAS IN IT! Same thing with Dominic Monaghan and the Lost episodes.)

109. When you get scared or worried you find yourself saying "Elbereth Githoniel". (Can't pronounce it. I need to learn Elvish.)

110. You go around trying to talk to trees. (They're not trees, they're Ents! )

116. You read an article entitled "Why didn't the ring just go down the drain?" and aren't sure whetner to laugh or write an angry letter. (Angry letter, definitely. They didn't even capitalize the Ring. Some people just don't understand. :angry: )

118. You buy a magazine just because it has an article on members of the cast. (Or even a photo. Or even mentions them.)

I guess it's official. I'm an obsessed LOTR addict. (And proud of it! ) And all this has occured within ONE YEAR of the beginning of my obsession -- some within the last month. See what this site has done to me?
LOTR_obsessed_loony
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2008 10:13
An addition to the already-really-massive list:
When you see a DVD of Sharpe with Sean Bean's picture on the cover, and greet it by saying "Hello Boromir." (Did it in HMV today. I guess it is possible to go a wee bit too obsessed. No, wait, did I say that? You can never be too obsessed with LOTR. Never!)
Imahobbitgirl2
Realm Leader of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: April 14, 2008 12:38
You can do that with any character from any movie, Lol. I watched Goonies last night (a movie I've seen a zillion times since I was a little kid, mind you) and all of a sudden I realized I was calling Mikey "Little Sam". And that was before I'd even put the DVD in when I was looking for him on the cover! (Insanely obsessed! :rolling: )
ôldôr
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2008 10:57
Wow

9) When you read other books, you make comparisons of all the main characters to LOTR characters - I like comparing charaters

24) When you fit LOTR quotes into everyday life. Sometimes

36) You refer to all your mates as lotr characters, even the non-fans I'll do that more often...

51) You scribble elvish, quotes, names, etc on your hand, arm, etc. (Well not on my body).

54) You shamelessly quote LOTR at any given oppurtuntity. Of course

57) Your screen name, e-mail address, etc, has something to do with LOTR. My screen name is always a LOTR quote!

5 Your friends have no idea what any of it means. They always ask - one friend asked if 'Lasto beth nin..' was Spanish!

65) You've seen the Animated LOTR. Yup, it's funny!

75) You are scared to realize the fact that you can hum every song on each album. - Well only some (da da da, da da daa)

7 You can relate almost too-well to them. Only now do I see that

8 You are constantly doing eyebrow exersices in hope that they will someday be like Elrond's. I also try to flare my nostrils like Figwit! But I end up raising my eyebrows too.

11 You buy a magazine just because it has an article on members of the cast - OK, I wouldn't buy one but I'd look in them.

Woah there's like 15 OMG I should try some MORE!!!

[Edited on 17/4/2008 by ôldôr]
<< First56789
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email