Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
pippinsscarf
Council Member
Send Message
Post Are you an Only Child?¿
on: April 18, 2003 11:39
Hey i was thinking how many people out there are only children. I am one and i just want to know if you are one too if you like it or you want a sibling? I like being the only one more presents and stuff. Well let me know. Even for those who have siblings do you want to be an only child?

[Edited on 19/4/2003 by pippinsscarf]
Yes
41% (3)
No
47% (3)
I wish
13% (1)
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
Post RE: Are you an Only Child?¿
on: April 18, 2003 12:30
LOL no im about as far away from only child as you can get.

i have a twin and a younger brother and younger sister! i cant imagine what its like to be an only child... but then i suppose only children cant imagine what its like to have siblings
Rudhwethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2003 01:16
K I have a twin too! I think you're the only other person that I've encountered here with another half! Can't say that I wish I was an only child, my sister and I don't always get along but I can't imagine life without her . . . be like day without night, sea without shore, all that poetic sappy stuff I also have an older brother who I am not quite so close too, but I wouldn't trade him for anything either. Though I can definitely see the benefits of being an only child
ashe
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2003 02:43
Im an only child. However, my best friend is around so much she's pratically like my sister. lol. I love being an only child. Just like Pippinsscarf said more presents and stuff.
Alaghelediel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2003 02:55
I'm an only child. I think it's kind of nice, since I love my privacy, but then again there are times I wish I had an older brother who was one of the nicer kinds, not one of those that'll push you around and stuff. But really I think I'd prefer to be an only child.
ShyHobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2003 03:50
I felt like an only child for a while. My sister, the oldest of us got married, my brother moved out, and then my other brother was a daddy by age 18 and he moved out with his wife.

I was the only kid in the house for a while, till my brother (the second one with the baby) had his marriage go sour and after years of custody messes, my parents ended up with his kid. My nephew is more like having a younger brother around, which to be honest is quite annoying. I kinda miss being the only child

but I'm 19, guess I should just be thankful they still let me live here
Dawn-maiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2003 06:14
I have a sister, two and a half years younger, but sometimes I feel like we were twins because the connection is very strong. I am definitely glad that I have her, and I sometimes wish I had a brother as well.
We also have a stepsister, from our father's first marriage, but we didn't meet her until we were teenagers so we are not that close to her.
Sony
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2003 06:58
I'm not an only child. I've got an older brother [who, btw, is the greatest in the world!], but most of my friends from school think I'm either an only child or an oldest.... I'm not really sure why, but whatever floats their canary...
Galadriel_The_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2003 01:03
I.Wish.I.Was. O_O Ok, i have one personality-challenged brother. He's older than me so what he says goes. -_- I wouldn't mind having a sister.. Or a younger brother/sister... But this brother... Is for sale, any offers!?

and I sometimes wish I had a brother as well.

Take mine, pleease take mine! ... But you wouldn't want him. He's a 15 year old cave troll...
Velian-Elgal
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2003 09:14
Oh yes... I wish... Me, being the oldest in the family is always BORING... I have to take on responsibilites for my younger siblings... and I have to be a role model for them to follow. Really really tough work though... At the same time, my yonger sister, who is like 4 years younger than I am, bond together easily. Let's say, cause we face almost the same problems every day. I want her to be my twin though...
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: April 20, 2003 06:42
Nope
Galadriel_The_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2003 07:29
*sniff* Just to proove how evil my brother is HE PORED COKE OVER ME! A full glass of it. -_-
KitKat
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2003 07:41
I'm the eldest and I have a younger brother.
Sometimes I just wish to be the only child.
Whenever my brother does something wrong I get the blame. Its really unfair. :cry:
But we have fun though. Arguing just to irritate my mom or just for fun! :evil:
But if he were not around wouldn't the house be like super quiet? Don't want that!
Hehe! :blush:
Deladrieng
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2003 01:45
im glad im not an only child.... i have two older brothers, one that im close to and one that im growing close to... im not quite sure what i would do without them
Kionurin
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2003 12:20
I'm not the only child in our family. I have a younger brother (15 yr.) and I love him very much. Of course sometimes he makes me crazy, but I'm happy that he is.
Chrissy_Lee
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2003 05:35
I'm the oldest of 4. I don't get along with my 8 yr old sis...but w/ my 1 yr old brother......I sometimes wish I was an only Child..but then I wouldn't want to lose my siblings!!! And I wish more than anything I had a twin!!!!!!
Lorien_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2003 05:44
I was pretty much an only child. My brother is 10 years older than me, so as I was growing up, I didn't see him much.
I am, however, the only granddaughter! Woohoo! That made for lots of spoiling! :love:
Meldon_Pereldar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2003 02:42
I am an only cild, but I should have had two sisters.
They died before I was born, so I don't miss them to much.
It's sad anyway

And on the top of it all, I got two EVIL stephsisters!:evil:
Poor me!
Mithrodwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2003 09:03
I'm the only child in my WHOLE family and I'm 18!
But in my flat things are never as they seem, because my mother is normaly the naughty child and I'm telling her off! lol...

I guess if you want a better image it's Absolutely Fabulous on a lower budget and I'm not as up tight as Staffie!
Firstbourne
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2003 11:20
I wish I were. -.-"
hope
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2003 05:03
I thought I was gonna be an only child. My only sibling is my little brother who was born when I was 12! So for 12 years I was an only child and none of us were expecting another! But I wouldn't trade him for anything. I can't imagine not having him. Though, when I found out mom was pregnant I really wanted a sister... oh, well. I love my brother. :heart:
Eowyn_Touched-By-Frost
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 28, 2003 12:10
I'm about as close to an only child as you CAN get without actually being one. My {much} older bother has left home, married, fixing to start a family; all that good stuff.
I'm left to sit home and dream about... well, what ever I want.
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
on: June 28, 2003 01:57
I never noticed this topic before, but yes, I am an only child....:blush:
ElvenBeauty321
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2003 02:28
I wish I was! I have a 2 year old sister, 8 year old brother, and 21 year old brother. BTW, I'm 14, the middle child!!!(look! It's DR. Ohno! Lol) That's about as bad as it can get though. It sucks being in the middle(Howie!)
~EB~
Eloise
Giver of Smores
Send Message
on: June 28, 2003 09:19
I have a little brother who hogges the computer. grrr. those of you who are only children have it easy. You don't have to fight to feed you CoE addiction!
Nevthónîel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 28, 2003 09:50
Yes, Eloise, it's sometimes great to be an only child. I've got an own computer, for example, so I don't need to fight to get into CoE!
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2003 10:01
Sometimes, I wish I was an only child but then I'd have no one to blame things on or even to talk to when I'm bored at like 3 in the morning!!
iarfalaswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2003 10:07
*raises hand*, yeah another only child here.
although sometimes its hard (Well for me at least) because i have to live upto my parents expectations, and there is no-one that can do that. For example, everytime i say i did a test, they ask me what the average is - is it necessary to know the average? i think not. Sometimes i just want a riot-hungry little brother/sister who can distract them... anyone want me to take one off their hands for a while?
ElvenBeauty321
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2003 08:33
Hey iar, how about I ship you my little brother?:evil:
Lady~of~the~Shield~Arm
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2003 09:28
I'm the only child.. And sometimes I Hate It :cry:
I wanna have a little brother or sister!!!
eowynshue
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 14, 2003 03:12
wow i never answered this one, wierd...

yes i am an only child, which i´m usually kinda happy about, except maybe when i´m on holiday with my parents (like i am at the moment) because i´m left with no one to talk to. v boring

ah well at least i still have my CofE :love:
merry2
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 18, 2003 03:00
I'm an only child yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
Ivorwen_
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2003 09:55
I'm definately not an only child. I have 3 brothers, 1 older two younger. I love them VERY MUCH! and I have an older sister I have never met
pippinsscarf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2003 07:56
OH man sometimes being an only child is great because i can be online all the tiem and i can listen to whatever music i want to. I also have a fake bro and a fake sis. My fake bro i see almost every day because we go to the same school and he actually watches over me like a brother would. But sadly he is going away to college this year and i wont see him that much. I talk to my fake sis online alot i still have yet to meet her! lol
Rodwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2003 03:30
I am definitely NOT an only child! I have five younger sisters and one younger brother. :love:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email