Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Elwethien
Council Member
Send Message
Post Mothers and Fathers out there?
on: May 15, 2003 11:38
Ok, I've been reading through nearly every topic in TPP to make sure this hasn't been asked before.
There are lots of kids on these boards, but how many moms and or dads are there? Do you have kids?

I'm a mom. I have a two-year-old son.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
Post RE: Mothers and Fathers out there?
on: May 16, 2003 01:31
Yep, I'm a Mom, I have three kids, two boys and a girl. My boys are 11 and 7, and my baby girl just turned 5. They are all big LOTR fans thanks to me. My daughter likes to play the memory game here on CoE, but she always plays the Legolas one!
Age 2 is a great age! They are still kind of babyish, but learning and trying so much! (You'll have to excuse me, I used to teach preschool, ages 2-4 so I get excited about that age)
Nice to meet another Mom!
highlandergirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2003 03:15
I have three kids..2 boys and a girl, ages 6, 5, 15 months
Jesalyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2003 04:40
Proud mom here - my son will be 2 in August. :love:
Tasarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2003 07:16
I am a mom and have one boy....27.
heiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2003 10:09
I'm a Mom too!!!! My sons are 6 and 4. The older one is always saying....are you readind "Herr der Ringe" (german) again!!!!
Yes I'm obsessed......also from good fanfiction!!!!
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2003 05:28
Yep Im a mum.I have two sons - one will be 20 in November and my baby is 17 today! Happy Birthday Dylan!
Sindarin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2003 04:43
I have a 6 yo son, 4 yo daughter, and 10 month old son. The older two are big LOTR fans, we finished reading "The Hobbit" with the oldest a few months ago.A lot of his outdoor play is based on FotR- which he mixes with other books/shows (Sam and Frodo and Chris and Martin (Kratt) and I are traveling across Africa to Salamand astron)
Reirosa
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2003 03:09
Im a mommy.... I have a 6 year old son..... he is such a sweety... he likes to sword fight hehehe....
Elwethien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2003 09:15

Age 2 is a great age! They are still kind of babyish, but learning and trying so much! (You'll have to excuse me, I used to teach preschool, ages 2-4 so I get excited about that age)
Nice to meet another Mom!

Yes two is a great age, but with all the learning and trying things a two-year-old can really drive you bonkers. I find myself sighing for the really early days when he couldn't possibly get himself into trouble in any way Great that there are other mommies out there. I know some people go absolutely nuts when you talk about your kids, and I try to avoid it as much as possible, but sometimes you just have to blab about all the wonderful things your kids do. This would be a good thread to do so, without bugging anyone else.
Tinu
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2003 12:40
I used to be somebody, now I'm somebody's mom.

I have four children, A stepdaughter in Tampa, FL, 22, who is expecting a baby in November and will technically make me a grandmother, a 22 year old son of my own who currently lives in Ohio, and a 13 year old and 9 year old who live at home.
Aniron_Valandil
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2003 01:45
I'm a mom. Two girls, 11 and 16, hardest most rewarding job there is! Never wanted to get married or have kids, had both within a year! I wouldn't change a thing.
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
on: May 27, 2003 04:28
I'm a mom too....I have a 16 year old daughter and a 15 year old stepson....their both learning how to drive...:cry: Heaven, help me!
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: May 27, 2003 11:44
Heh... Mom x 2. Daughter almost 20 (gads, am I really that old?) and a son 15 1/2. *sigh* Time goes so fast.:cry:
Aniron_Valandil
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2003 10:29
I don't mind my kids getting older but why the "heck" do they have to drag me along with them! lol My 16 yr old is more mature than me, I swear my mind is regressing...or I'm just getting senile lol

~I use to have a mind, then I had kids~
Elwethien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2003 10:49
Just to keep this thread at least a little active. What do your kids do to drive you nuts, intentionally, unintentionally or all they all just wonderful sweet children who never get into trouble?
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
on: May 30, 2003 08:16
Are you kidding... Elwethien, when my daughter was around 4 or 5 I told myself that someday she would grow up and it would be alot easier....Ha! She's 16 going on 30...Now, this young lady is extremely intelligent (All A's in school since kindergarten) but she know's how to push my buttons...:dizzy: Doesn't really get herself into trouble just pushes the limits...wants to grow up too fast and do everything now...its always "mommy" when she wants something, "mom" when her friends are around and "Mother" when I've done somthing she thinks is dumb which seems to be 99% of time nowdays...especially when LOTR is concerned...:blush: Someday I'll look back on this I'm sure and wish she still was that 5 year old with peanut butter all over her face and jelly all over the counters...:cry:
Erhithiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2003 02:49
Another mom checking in:

My daughter is 12yr, going through all the tween changes that happen at this time of being...
My son is 7 years....

Both kids are fun to take places, both like the same films, books, etc...LOTR, HP, Star Wars, Star Trek, plus their own individual likes/dislikes....being typical of boys and girls...

My daughter prefers to play act Aragorn but ever since watching Miranda Otto play Eowyn, she has learned that you can be a beautiful woman, yet powerful and intelligent....So she is a cross between Eowyn and Aragorn in her mind...with a bit of Padme tossed in for good measure.

My son loves Frodo, Pippin and Merry ...oh Hobbits. He likes Hobbits! and Harry Potter. He is a BIG HP fan...and Hot Wheels...Lately also Disney films...like the new one Finding Nemo...My son is very environmental. He does not eat meat by choice. He loves animals too much. Thank goodness for Peanut Butter.

I found that once I had my kids, I became much more flexible and adaptable...

Life truly is never the same, once you are a mom ...

Adding this on: Just saw the question about "things that drive you nuts"....

Probably my pet peeves....not telling the truth, knowing full on well I can read their minds (or at least the expression on their face or body language...
and...
how often kids get sick...and the variety of illnesses that are brought into the house. That one falls under the ones they don't mean to do, and I know no kid wants to be sick...but when my kids get sick, so do I and it can go on and on and on...until you wonder if you will ever be well again...

Those two are probably the most challenging for me so far....

[Edited on 31/5/2003 by Erhithiel]
Sony
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2003 04:07
I'm not a mom, I'm only fourteen, but I just wanted to let you know that you all are great! I love my parents to death even though they can make me a little crazy sometimes. they're strict with me, but in the end I'm really glad of it, because I know what they expect of me. and they're always so great, they explain themselves, and are just really wonderful in general. my mom keeps me sane [my dad and I are a LOT a like.... soo..] but just remember that even if your kids may not seem to like you for a time [ i don't always like my parents] they still love you and would go crazy without you!!! YAY for parents!!!! ok..... there you go my little pep talk:heart:
Elwethien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2003 09:08
Don't get me wrong Evenstar, I'm truly happy being a mom, but it certainly puts things in perspective for you. And sometimes kids do things that drive their parents nuts, just like parents can drive you nuts. I know my mom still gets on my nerves sometimes and I'm nearly 30! I guess it's not a matter of age.

My son is currently going through "the terrible two's" which means he thinks he knows everything and can do everything for himself, and he gets so frustrated when he discovers that isn't so. :cry:

I've read a few psychology books and I know he's supposed to act this way and try his boundaries but it doesn't really make it any less hard on his mom when he throws a tantrum, because of this that or the other thing. And two-year-olds are surprisingly strong and slippery so there's no holding him if he doesn't want to be held. But mostly he's a really sweet kid.
Lyrkalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2003 05:28
I'm a mom to a 4.5 yo son and a newly-2 girl.

My husband and I (more so I than he) have exposed the kids to LOTR and they really enjoy it. Our son can spew quotes with the best of them, and our "Ladybug" always has to kiss Frodo when he appears on the screen.

We have, however, put a moratorium on watching FOTR for a while, as our little guy has taken to talking about shooting people with his arrows and killing them with his sword a little too much lately.
SilverMoonLady
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2003 05:33
Greetings!!

I'm the mother of 2.5 year old twin boys and a 4 year old girl.. The "terrible twos" don't seem to end, just morph into "thrilling three" and "forceful fours"

My daughter is THE queen of sass, and more with her dad than me, but she is also the sweetest thing, my little elf princess! Her eyes just light up when I tell her fairy tales and (highly modified) stories of Middle Earth. Every time we pass through woods and natural landscapes she looks for "Bilbo's house" and fairy rings..

My boy's are just getting old enough to get into plenty of trouble, switching off their roles of "explorer" and "scholar" on almost a daily basis. Very hard to keep up with, but they're so close they barely need me sometimes...

There it is.. Proud momma got out her shloppy parent shtuff
Time to get back to drooling, theorizing and imagining among my fellow fans..
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: June 06, 2003 02:44
Might as well add to this thread.
I'm a dad with two sons - ages 28 and 26 - and three granddaugters aged 3 years ,10 months ( just starting to walk) and 7weeks
Roheryn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2003 05:46
I'm a mom with one daughter, 27, and one granddaughter, 21 months - who calls Frodo - Fodo. She also recognizes Gandalf, though I thinks she feels that he's just another Santa.
Sassafras
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2003 08:24
I'm the proud mother to two beautiful children. A 6-year-old son and a 3-year-old daughter. My husband and I are hoping to add one more to our family.

Thanks to me, my kids love LOTR (FOTR movie). Like their mommy, Legolas is their favorite character. My son also likes Pippin a lot, Gimli and Aragorn. My daughter also likes Arwen, Gandalf, Aragorn and Frodo. But Legolas is the coolest in their (and my) eyes.

Besides LOTR, my son loves Hot Wheels cars, Spider-Man, Star Wars, Bob the Builder, drag racing, NASCAR (Dale Earnhardt and Dale Earnhardt Jr), Playstation games (TTT, racing games, Tomb Raider, Tigger, Spider-Man) and action figures. He also loves to sing.

My daughter loves Barbies, mermaids (esp. The Little Mermaid), clothes, Barbie as Rapunzel, baby dolls, animals and music. She also enjoys playing with cars with her brother.

They both love to dance and sing with me.

Okay, I guess that's enough for now.
extremediva
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2003 06:10
Just to keep this thread at least a little active. What do your kids do to drive you nuts, intentionally, unintentionally or all they all just wonderful sweet children who never get into trouble?

Ha ha *falls off chair laughing* I'm a mom of a 6 yr old son and though I'd love to say he is just the sweetest most wonderful boy who never get's into trouble lol even I cant be that delusional. He is pretty good though most of the time.
What does he do to drive me nuts? Let's just say he's at the "what" stage. (Any moms or dads with older kids please,please,please tell me they out grow this. lol) Not only does just about everything I say earn a what but half the time he's saying what before I even have a chance to say anything.
for example..."Mom can we watch the ring movie today...what?" Yep he likes the lotr movies too...when we used to watch the fotr he'd complain that he didn't like the sound the troll makes when it dies in Moria,ugh. Now with TTT
he's laughing and saying "Hey it's the guy that talks to himself"
we both get a real kick out of Gollum. Oook turning off chatterbox mode and I'm out of here.
Arvedui
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2003 09:04
I'm a father of three. My oldest is 24 and a father himself, so yes, I'm 'Grappa' . I have a 14 year old son and a 13 year old daughter :dizzy: . The last two incessently bicker over the least of things. I understand the sibling rivalry bit, but my wife, being basicly a single child, never had those issues.
Ivorwen_
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2003 05:07
I'm not a parent, yet and never will be a dad. But I think parents are cool people. SO HI ALL YOU ALL PARENT'S!
Pierced
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2003 05:01
I'll be a daddy in about 4 and 1/2 months.
RiverWoman
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2003 03:35
I have three 13 (boy) -9 (boy) 6 (gorl) and a beautiful 22 year old stepdaughter getting married in June- The are the source of so much joy.
DaisyBaggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2003 06:53
I'm a the mother of a nineteen year old boy who just started college, and a sixteen year old girl. They both like the Lord of the Rings books and movies.
legolaslover2002
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2003 08:33
I'm fifteen so not having kids yet. It is wonderful to see so that so many parents are addicted to LOTR. I love my parents very much and it is great to read that you are also wonderful parents. Love ya all. :heart::heart:
Galadriel_The_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2003 11:15
Ah... I'm a mother, only in my head... I have lots of kids and random people who happen to be younger (yet taller) than me who call me mum, or mom.. or whatever... But hey, not yet... But I've always really wanted a kid. I guess i'm one of those people who are made to be a parent. Everyone says i'd be a good mum, cause i'm good at looking after people, and i'm good at entertaining toddlers(or getting them to do what there told!). But, while i'm only 14... I'll have to wait.

One other problem with the whole 'I want a baby' thing, is i'm terrified to freakin death of childbirth. X.X
pippinsscarf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2003 05:28
lol giu!!

I am the oppisite of you I like taking care of kids its just that i dont want to have any because i hate having to change diapers and what not! So many people say taht i will be a good mom but i dont think so. All my kids will be running around with precioussssss on there neck!
Elfhild
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2003 04:51
Hey room for another mother? I have to kids, a daughter 18 years old who just got her drivers-lisence and a car *shakes a little in horror of scary traffic* and a son 13 years old who loves to read and drive very fast on his electric rollerblade-thingy *gasps in fear* You never stop worrying doo you? well I wouldn´t miss being a mom :love: :heart:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email