Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
SadisticYoda
Danger to Mankind
Send Message
Post Chatroom Roleplaying!
on: July 14, 2003 02:51
This thread is dedicated to roleplaying in the #councilRPG chatroom! It would be set up on the same night once a week, and would have a topic that YOU would help decide and vote on. But before we get started, I will need your feedback on how this may work:

1) Will you join us?
2) What day should we do this? (Friday nights, Saturday night, etc.)
3) What kind of RP would you like to see? (A topic/story and whether it’s Totally Tolkien or Tolkien Related.)

Please post all questions you have here in the thread. With a little bit of luck, and a lot of feedback, we could have this up and running as early as next week!
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
Post RE: Chatroom Roleplaying!
on: July 14, 2003 03:52
SY ~ As long as you aren't a danger to womankind...

1. Yes!
2. Any night, just tell me what time to be there!
3. Let me think about a topic/story but I really prefer TT, unless the majority goes for TR and then I will too.

For the first time last week I wrote *live* with another RPer (thank you very much, Abraon! :heart: ) and thought it was THE MOST AWESOME writing experience of my life, so far! (And I've had a lot of life and done a lot of writing!) To be able to hear the other characters' voice right away was great and to be able to react to that character with my character, well, it was the ultimate in my humble opinion! Please count me in!
Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
on: July 14, 2003 09:03
Brilliant, I was going to start a "meet up on the RPG chat" thread myself!

1) Certainly, if I can possibly make it!
2) Not Friday nights, if it can be avoided. The weekend is the best, because then hopefully people in different time zones won't be in school or work.
3) I'd say the topic depends on how much interest you get. If there's only a few who want to take part (I doubt this will be the case!) then you could try a quest, but a quest with thirty people is a bit of a joke. Maybe a big battle to strat with and see where it goes? I'd prefer TT as well, and it will make things easier because you won't have to spend ages at the beginning defining what is allowed and what isn't.

Hope this is helpful, because I really want his to go ahead! Now, which character to use....
Kiss
GreenEyedElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2003 01:33
I think it is a terrific idea! I would love to have a chatroom instead of posting all the time.:love:

1) Whenever i'm free, with out a doubt!
2)I agree with you Kiss, I would go for Saturday nights most definately.
3)I know there will be a lot of people wanting to participate, so yeah, a quest would be difficult. Mabey it could start as a banquet, that way lots of people could join in. I would definately like to see it TT, in my opinion.

If I think of more ideas I will let you know! I can't wait for this to get started!:heart:
GreenEyed

[Edited on 15/7/2003 by GreenEyedElf]
Naurmaethor
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2003 05:48
1.Yes if I'm not at a friends house or at church!
2. Whenever neccesary.
3. Totally Tolkien I wouldn't want anything real wierd or non-lotr. Well I'll do anything with a little battle or a big battle and with adventure. Not really anything romantic.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate: and though I oft have passed them by, a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2003 06:07
1) Will you join us?
2) What day should we do this? (Friday nights, Saturday night, etc.)
3) What kind of RP would you like to see? (A topic/story and whether it’s Totally Tolkien or Tolkien Related.)

1. Yes absolutely I would love to take part
2. I would say Saturday but depends for most people.
3. Well I like TT the best well most of the time though if most people go with TR then I will as well. It would be hard to do a quest qith man people but it depends. I will think of more ideas if I can.
Macilie~Undomiel
Númenor Obsessed
Send Message
on: July 15, 2003 06:08
Oh, this does sound like a lot of fun!

1)Yes, if I can be online at that time! (and if my comp will let me).
2)Not Friday nights...perhaps Saturdays
3)Hmmm...I agree that a battle would be fun, and maybe a tad bit of romance or something like that And I'd like TT the best
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: July 15, 2003 06:44
I'll come when I can- more to help out than to RP-
maeghin
RPG Moderator &
Harbinger of Laughter

Send Message
on: July 15, 2003 10:38
hm, sounds like an interesting idea SY. I shall try to help out in any way I can. As far as a time, it doesn't really matter. I would like to see it be TT. As far as a topic, I think we should find one that's fairly simple to begin with. Perhaps meeting in an inn of sorts. (*winks to PB*) I can't think of anything in particular just yet though. Good luck, hopefully this works, it should be entertaining if it does...
Also, would you have some rules you could post for everyone to read about how the roleplay would work? Roleplaying in a chat room is a lot different from the forums.
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2003 06:13
Hey, I definately think you guys should go for it; Rp in a chatroom is a really neat experience.

I'd love to do this, but I'm not sure I would be able to get to the computer; it would depend on what time you guys planned. Most people said Saturdays; that would work for me.
Nerwin_Artanis
Queen of the Night
Send Message
on: July 16, 2003 06:22
Well, you already knw I'm in mellonen, but I'd like to add that I think Saturday nights is a great idea, and of course, I go for Totally Tolkien.
If there aren't too many people, it might be rather fun to act out scenes from the book/movie, rather than making up our own stuff. Perhaps the first meeting ought to just be a discussion of rules and ideas. Just my two cents.
orlis_gal
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2003 07:46
1) Yeah sure!
2) Any weekend night would suit me but not this one and next one cos im on holiday... You will have to live without me!
3) I think we should have it as Tolkien Related, that way if the people who are good at totally tolkien can do there bit more towards totally tolkien and the people who are better at Tolkien Related could do that. That way we have a variety rather than singling people out!

What Nerwin_artanis said about acting scenes, that would be a great idea but how about we focus on the one scene but we see the obectives of the beginning and end of the scene and add our talent into it! So we see the film/book from another point of view in a way!
Saurid
-Yutaka-
··
Beloved\'s Fighter

Send Message
on: July 16, 2003 12:16
Ai, I am in as well At least from time to time I should appear, provided that SY will not set the time to morning for me

3) I think we should have it as Tolkien Related, that way if the people who are good at totally tolkien can do there bit more towards totally tolkien and the people who are better at Tolkien Related could do that. That way we have a variety rather than singling people out!

That, or we could perhaps try one week TT the other TR? All open for discussion, I guess, we can work it out nicely if we try. I personally am for TT
SadisticYoda
Danger to Mankind
Send Message
on: July 16, 2003 05:36
Exellent! I'm glad to see that so many of you are interested! This is what I'm seeing so far:

* 15-20 people are interested so far!
* Looks like Saturday is the day of choice, as for the times, I'll have to look into what may be the best choice. To my understanding, the majority of people here are from USA/Canada, yet there are many from Europe/Austrailia/ect. And I hope to find a time that can accommodate everybody.
* Although the majority prefers TT over TR, I don't think it would be a problem to alternate. As for the topics, I think it could be something to decide here in this thread. But for the first time, I think trying a Pub would be a nice idea. Unless there are any objections? I think we could be ready to roll this Saturday, I just have to decide on a time, I'll make sure to let you know before then.

If you want to join in, Make sure you post here first, I really don't want people wandering in.

mskylo
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2003 10:27
i'll join ya on saturday k well i guess that's all
Acheron
Realm of Tulkas Leader
Send Message
on: July 17, 2003 11:06
I would pleased to join this little gathiering and promise not to be bad....:evil:
elvish_angel015
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2003 04:55
Count me in! I'd love to join in if i can manage the time
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2003 01:10
Did you already have it on Saturday? (The 19th) Darn camping!!!!!! Hope I didn't miss much. I would love to join, if it's alright. I get so impatient just waiting for people to post in the regular RP... so just say what time and what we're doing and I'm in!
SadisticYoda
Danger to Mankind
Send Message
on: July 18, 2003 03:05
Sadly, We'll have to wait until next week until this can happen. I still must arrange a good time and figure out some other things and such, but for sure, next Saturday should be the day!
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2003 05:27
Dang. I just realized something- if we do it on Saturday, I would only be able to partcipate every other Saturday, because I go to my dad's every other weekend, this weekend being one of them. :cry: Not fair, darn it... I wish he would let me use the net.
Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
on: July 20, 2003 08:33
I won't be able to start until the end of August because I'm off on holiday. Just so's you know.
Kiss
ElvenBeauty321
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 25, 2003 04:47
Ai, looks like I'm coming in a little late on this. If you could spare room for one more person I'd love to try chatroom RPing. The day and everything is fine for me. But I think I saw someone say something about rules, do you think you could put those out? I've never done this before, though I'm sure I wouldn't do anything terribly wrong.
~EB~
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 25, 2003 03:40
I regret to say I shall not be able to join on SAturday because of this stupid last minute vacation but I weill be able to particitpate next Saturday. Sorry, I was really hoping to join but I await eagerly for next Saturday if I can still join in.
SadisticYoda
Danger to Mankind
Send Message
on: July 26, 2003 03:52
Sorry guys, I'm still working on a time to do all of this, I think next Saturday will be the day.. if I don't mess anything else up.

Sorry for not posting this earlier..
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2003 05:13
Okay, I'll join in if I can; would it help, Sadistic Yoda, if I pm'd you every weekend to tell you if I could be there or not? See, the trouble is I never know if I'll be on at a certain day/time.
Cloud
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2003 04:22
One...I'll join....
Two...I think it is in all of our best intrest to do this on a Saturday....
Three...I like the Tolkien-related idea....

I'll PM you....
Aruin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2003 06:06
SY
Aruin will be there

already called Legolas sorry ppl!

Legolas[Aruin]

[Edited on 29/7/2003 by aruin]
Faenauliel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: July 28, 2003 06:09
I'll try to be there....but as my Real Time RP skills suck....i'll probably just watch!
Valaöré
Servant of the Valar
Send Message
on: July 28, 2003 06:17
1) I'm coming!

2) Saturdays are always best

3) Totally Tolkien would be nice, perhaps straight from the books...
SadisticYoda
Danger to Mankind
Send Message
on: July 28, 2003 06:41
First off, please do not PM me! I don't want to be swamped with PMs every weekend. Just show up if you can, if not, no big deal, we'll figure something out

Next off, I was negotiating a time, this is what I came up with:
12:00 GMT
7:00 EST
4:00 PST

These are the best times that I could come up with, to accommodate everyone. Now, you can show up late if you'd like, if all goes well, we'll be playing for a while. In many cases, this may interfere with dinner times and such, if you have to show up late, do so. If you have to leave in the middle, be my guest. As I said, if all goes well, this will be going on early into the morning. If anyone has any direct objections with these times, please PM me, and I may be able to negotiate something

And, for this Saturday (Yes, we WILL finally have it this Saturday) the RP will be Totally Tolkien (TT) and it will be re-writing scenes from the book, to be specific, the fellowship. We'll start at Rivendel, and go from there. In this case, you will only be able to use characters from the books, but who says you can't mix things around a bit. (Wouldn’t it be great to see Figwit join the Fellowship!) But characters will be given on a first come, first serve basis. So if you want a specific character, you better be there to claim it! Finally, I think an easy way to show who we are, is to set up our character names like this:

Aragorn[SY]
Aragorn for the character name, and SY to abbreviate my name
If we could all do that, it would be easy to know who we are
Nerwin_Artanis
Queen of the Night
Send Message
on: July 28, 2003 08:15
You know I'll be there! Probably all night, too.

And of course you also know I already called Arwen (sorry girls) and perhaps Sam if we get that far...

And lastly...I do love your sig!
Cloud
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2003 10:01
I'd like to be.................................um..................Gimli...he is so cool! I love his attitude! OOH YEAH!
Gimli...[Cd] Cd is CLoud since it's one word....
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2003 10:20
Okay, well I'll try and make it! Um...can I take Pippin? Since he doesn't really do much until the Two Towers and by then I should have a schedule worked out.

So it would be Pippin[JS]
Cloud
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2003 03:24
Oh and 7:00 Eastern sounds good to me....
GreenEyedElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2003 05:20
Oh oh, 7:00pm Eastern is really good for me, and of course i'll probably be up all night. Can't wait to start this. I do have one question though. Could you put up some rules for chatroom rping? I've heard it's quite different that from posting and such. Oh and if you don't mind i'd like to be Legolas. Thanks!
Legolas[GEE]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email