Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ILoveMrBloom
Council Member
Send Message
Post Elijah Wood movies....
on: August 15, 2003 05:22
hey therre... ok well my friends are totally obsessed with elijah wood and they are on a misson to watch every movie he has been in,,,, ne who ... has ne one see the movie *the ice storm* bc that movie is great.... yea so u should go see that....
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Elijah Wood movies....
on: August 18, 2003 05:07
Hello my fellow Bloom-fancier, I am not really big into Elijah Wood *hides behing Eloise's tree from angry 'Lij fans* but I do really love :love: "Deep Impact" - great film and Dougray Scott is in it. (Weird non? *In Thierry Henri accent*)
So they're on a mission well here's a few 'Lij films off the top of my head:
Lord of the Rings (obviously)
The Faculty (also with Josh Hartnett mmmmm...:drool
The Good Son (also starring Macaulay Culkin)
The War
The Ice Storm (as you already mentioned)
The Bumblebee Flies Away (strange name great film)
Radio Flyer
Flipper (well, d'uh!)
Forever Young (also with Mel Gibson)
Deep Impact (again obviously)
The Adventures of Huck Finn
North
Black and White (with Allan Houston)
Paradise (with Melanie Griffith)
Avalon
Oliver Twist (classic)
The Adventures of Tom Thumb and Thumbelina (bet you've not seen that before)
Well, that's just my two cents hope I've been of some help. I'll post back if I think of some more.

[Edited on 18/8/2003 by AEvenstar]
Rider_of_the_Riddermark
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2003 01:29
Hmmmmm!:cry:I've only got to see LOTR and The Faculty! No fair! Elijah :drool:
Ithiahir
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2003 02:49
hehehe.......i've seen a lot of those (*not gonna list em all that i've seen*) but i just got flipper this week from the library. hey, i was 8 when it came out and saw part of it at the drive in (*i fell asleep*) and i remember seeing bits and pieces on tv. i saw it there and was like, hey, i'll get that one!. hehe...i'm pathetic. but he does have GORGEOUS EYES!!! :drool: uhhh...................yea, he's hott.
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: August 19, 2003 02:53
I own Forever Young on DVD. What a great movie! Elijah was certainly already showing his talent. He also sings and screams a lot.

Oh, and here's a bit of EW trivia for you: In Back to the Future 2, there's a scene in which Michael J. Fox goes into a store where some kids are playing video games, and Elijah is one of them.
Nazgul7
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2003 12:28
chain of fools.
he is so funny (not to mention cute) in it. it is also a really good movie although he isnt a main character. well he is sorta.
Ithiahir
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2003 01:43
I own Forever Young on DVD. What a great movie! Elijah was certainly already showing his talent. He also sings and screams a lot.

Oh, and here's a bit of EW trivia for you: In Back to the Future 2, there's a scene in which Michael J. Fox goes into a store where some kids are playing video games, and Elijah is one of them.

so that's who he was!!!! i knew he had some very small role in it but didn't know where. yea, one of my goals is to watch most, if not all, of the movies that 2 actors have been in. one's elijah and the other is johnny depp.

[Edited on 20/8/2003 by Ithiahir]
Moogan1689
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2003 04:40
My friends and i had an Elijah Wood Movie night and we rented a bunch of his movies.:heart: the faculty is such a good movie! we watched flipper twice, but we didn't get a chance to watch the ice storm.Elijah is one of my fave actors, those big blue eyes are to die for!:drool:
lizziekin44
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2003 06:08
the ice storm is my fav elijah wood flick. it's directed by the subtle ang lee. (known best for crouching tiger, hidden dragon) all the cast puts out great performances. it has a very sad ending. i really am fond of the scenes outside after the ice storm alot reminded me of how maine looked a few years ago, during our ice storm.
Ithiahir
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2003 03:28
Elijah is one of my fave actors, those big blue eyes are to die for!:drool:

O YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hobbithole_dweller
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2003 04:56
hehehe I"ve made it my personal goal to see all the movies EW has ever made. I've seen most of the ones my library has (but they're missing alot )

My favourite one so far (besides lotr OF COURSE) is The Bumblebee Flies Anyway. He has a really..uh, emotional... kissing scene with Racheal Cook. I definately had to watch it quite a few times

:drool: He so such a great actor to watch, isn't he?
Keisha2335
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2003 09:48
I've seen this movies he is starring in.
[/b]Lord of the Rings
[b]
Forever Young
[/b] Oliver Twist
and the ending of [b]
The Faculty.:love:

Soon I'm going to see [b][/b] Enternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.:blush:
LegolasMorkwood10
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2003 12:38
I have not seen that much of the movies he played in but the ones I did see where good
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: September 08, 2003 12:22
Oh I HATE Josh Harnett!!!! He got Elijah hooked on smoking! Doesn't he realize that that's a major turnoff! Even still Elijah is soo adorable.

I haven't seem alot of his movies just these oneseep Impact, LOTR, Flipper, and some of Bumblebee flies Away.
hobbithole_dweller
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2003 08:34
oh my gosh, I thought I was the only one who hated him! I totally despise Harnett for getting Elijah hooked on such a nasty life threatening habit. I wish Elijah would realise how much his fans want him to quit and just QUIT!
Becki
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 09, 2003 08:44
I saw him in Back to the Future II last night. Has anyone else seen that?

I think it's the 1st movie he was in. I've worked out he was about 8 or 9 at the time! He's soooooo cute!!!!!

Okay, is this creepy or what. About 6 or 7 months ago, we were watching this video, then when it finished I turned BBC 1 on and 'Deep Inpact' on was. I heard he was in, so I kept on watching. Then the first scene I saw him in, he was holding out a ring! The only other film I had seen him in was LotR, and that spooked me out!

~Becki
~Ascarantwen_the_Elf~
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2003 09:58
Don't forget:

All I want - with Mandy Moore
Ash Wednesday
Chain of Fools
Thumbsucker - not sure if it was released yet...

Upcoming...

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Nydamwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2003 04:47
You're forgetting Spy Kids 3D. (please don't mock me! it was a wet day and nothing else was on...honest...)

Elijah plays 'The Guy' who lasts about 5 minutes before getting blown up. Sorry.
save_me_batboy
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2003 09:03
I'm totally waiting for "Thumbsucker." I read the book and loved it. I saw "Try Seventeen" (I refuse to call it "all I Want" it sounds too cheesy, plus, "try seventeen" is a funny quote from the movie) really liked it. I've also seen Deep Impact, The Faculty (evil Josh Hartnett), Radio Flyer, LOTR (duh!) and Huck Finn. When I was eight, Flipper came out, but I thought it looked too cheesy.
I now regret not seeing it and will have to rent it at some point.
SeKoNdBrEaKfAsT
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2004 12:39
yeah E.W. was really good in the faculty. i never imagined him as a nerd... but oh well!!
Nazgul7
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2004 02:06
heehee, i saw forever young last night! elijah was tiny, he was like a pocket frodo! :love:
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: January 05, 2004 01:46
Hey did you know he's starring in the movie 'Hooligans'?
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: January 17, 2004 02:57
so i just watched the faculty on television... a fun little film but i wouldnt class it as horror elijah certainly got a lot of practise falling over, obviously prepared him well for his role as frodo
QueenPirate25
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2004 11:12
Did anyone know that when he was little he played in Back to the Future 2 with Michael J. Fox. He played one of the little kids in the cafe playing the game he was the one with the lime green visor. Just thought you might like to know.
luvlijah
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2004 01:17
Let's see.... Elijah films of the past, present, & future:

*Thumbsucker
*Happy Feet
*Spy Kids 3-D
*Flipper
*Back To the Future 2
*LOTR
*The Faculty
*Ash Wednesday
*Hooligans
*Forever Young
*Try 17/All I Want
*Radio Flyer
*Huckleberry Finn
*Eternal Sunshine of Spotless Mind
*Chain of Fools
*The Bumblebee Flies Away
*Deep Impact
*Oliver Twist
*The Ice Storm
*The Good Son
*The War
*North
*Black and White
*Paradise
*Avalon
*Tom Thumb and Thumbelina (yeah I saw that one!)

He's been in way more I'm positive but those are all the ones that I've seen! My fave, apart from LOTR of course, was The Ice Storm! I have decided in seeing every single one of Lij's movie! He's incredibly hott:drool:...I just wish he'd quit smoking though!!!
Nevthónîel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 07:24
I watched Forever Young yesterday, and god, Lij is adorable in it, those eyes! I've never been an Elijah fan, but that movie was great, and Lij was wonderful, and sooo cute!

I also saw All I want last week, but I didn't like it really. It was a little bit too strange for me..

I'll take a look at The faculty next week, looking forward to it..
samandfrodoforever
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 11:55
I just saw Try 17/All I Want and I have to say it was the WORST movie I have ever seen! The acting is bad, the script, the directing... I just can't believe someone could write such a bad screenplay. I got nothing out of the film, no laughs, no joy, no contentment, thrills... nothing. Well I got to see Lij in his boxers and his kissing technique, but aside from that I can't believe I actually sat through it! I HATE Frank Potente! Urgh... she makes me so angry. I can't believe Elijah would ever considered dating her. She seems like a royal b****... and besides is way too old and manish for him. They looked ridiculous together. Sadly Mandy Moore gives the best performance in Try 17... so if you are thinking about renting it ponder that one for a while. This film is only for die hard Elijah Wood fans.

Good Lij flicks:
(besides LOTR trilogy!)
The Ice Storm (pretty good, but crap ending)
The Good Son
Huck Finn (well I liked it when I was a kid)
The Bumblebee Flies Anyway (okay, better than some of the other monstrosities he's been in)
The Faculty (bad in a good way)
Black & White (really, really, really BAD, but enjoyable)
The War (ah, I love this one... and I think he is so yummy in it, even though he's like 13)

All the others are pretty mediocre... except for some of his earlier ones when he was like 10.

Oh don't think I hate Elijah, on the contrary, I love him! He's an amazing actor and I am head over heels for him... but honestly most of the movies he's been in are dismal. He has amazing talent and hopefully he'll be more wise with his role choices in the future. He deserves to be in more good films. xx-Amanda

p.s. Am I the only one who loves that he smokes? Maybe because I smoke... Well I bet you don't know what brand his smokes! I only know because I was in a drug store with him *sigh*. Marlboro Lights. That's not so bad guys, at least he doesn't smoke Cloves anymore. I smoke Camel Filters, none of that wussy light stuff for me.

[Edited on 3/2/2004 by samandfrodoforever]
luvlijah
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 05:09
Whoa holdup! I just realized...the movie is titled The Bumblebee Flies Anyway, not Away...hehe I sorta messed that up. And I only realized I had the title wrong until I read the book yesterday:blush:
FallenAngel26
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 02:23
Elijah's no longer going to be in Thumbsucker. He was replaced by Keanu Reeves...eeew.
Ithiahir
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 03:18
Elijah's no longer going to be in Thumbsucker. He was replaced by Keanu Reeves...eeew.

eww........i don't like him. that makes me mad....i was kinda lookin forward to it........:cry: (*just cause lijah's in it....:blush:*)
Llahinir
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 03:35
I've seen Elijah in the LOTR's trilogy (obviously), Huck Finn, North, Fiddler on the Roof, I saw him on Back to the Future 2 (but he played a 10 second part in it & he was very young), Deep Inpact....hmmm, can't think of any more! But he's a great actor and I agree with everyone about his eyes-they are gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!

I hope he keeps making more great movies and makes it big!

Legolasfan1113
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2004 10:19
I've seen a few of Elijah's movie, I've grown up watching them.
- I remember seeing a little of "The Good Son" when I was little wishing Elijah would hurt Mickuly.
- I love his movie "The War" it makes me cry:cry: when he gets angry at his dad dying. Good stuff! I think he's really underrated as an actor.
- "LOTR" of course! He's really cute in FOTR, scary in TTT, and depressed in ROTK. My mom says he has the same look for just about every emotion, but you have to look at his eyes to get what he's feeling.
- I've also seen "the Ice storm" He scared me in that one. His character just seemed bored and wanted to make out and do "other stuff" with Christina I was like "thank you very much for that visual, not!"
- "Forever young" was really cute I thought, and having Mel Gibson in there was really cool, as I got to look at two pairs of beautiful blue eyes. He's soo cute when he sings "You are my sunshine"!
-I've seen part of "Huckleberry Finn". I remember wanting Huck's father to just STOP hitting him!
All in all, I think Elijah is very talented (more than people will give him credit for).
Did anyone see Elijah on SNL? If so what did you think?
Roheryn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2004 07:11
I've seen quite a few of Elijah's films and I have enjoyed him in all of them.

One of my favorites is The Good Son, and I thought he was just so cute in Forever Young. I absolutely loved him as my beloved Frodo.

It's been nice to watch him grow on screen as an actor and I think he will have a great career for many more years. I am looking forward to The Yank and am very curious about how the heck they are going to make Everything is Illuminated into a cohesive movie - that is just one bizarre book. That said he does fit the discription of his character, Jonathan.

I think he is a very very good actor - and those eyes!
luv_aragorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 01:39
I LUV Lijah in Flipper...he's soooo cute and besides I would luv Flipper anyway just because I luv dolphins

Oh I hate Deep Impact...it is sooo cheesy and predictable not to mention that I just loathe all movies of that genre(end of the world things)

Huck Finn is so great b/c he's so cute and young so that makes it a good movie even though Huck Finn is the worst book of all time (that's prolly just b/c I had to read it in English class...BAD memories)
Isafjordur
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 01:27
Hmm...most of the movies I have seen with him in them I realize only now he was in them. He has an amazing tendency to be in the kind of movies I want to see.

Let's see, I have seen "Avalon," "Forever Young," "Deep Impact", "The Faculty," "Radio Flyer", "FotR," "TTT", "RotK",
"Spy Kids 3", "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind"

Oh, he also was a character voice in "King of the Hill" one of the college protestors taking the protest of barbecue grills a bit too far. (The character animated looked like him, too!) Nice Texas accent, too.

His looks are not what I go for (though he is a dead ringer- no pun intended - for an ex-boyfriend of mine who is still a good friend and has been for the last 15 years)

I like his acting very much- he really puts his heart into it, and he chooses interesting films. He also proves you do not have to be over six feet tall and look like a fashion model action hero to make it in acting. And he manages to keep himself out of the tabloids. He does have interesting eyes, but his acting is what wins me over.

He suceeds because he does what he does well. It will be interesting to see what he does in the future. It does not bother me he smokes. I get the impression a lot of actors do. At least he can afford it- I am amazed by how much people wind up spending on cigarettes.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email