Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Elves in Space--3000 years in the future..
on: September 17, 2003 07:02
Calma frowned inwardly as Captain Archer annouced that they would be without a navigator for the time being. Calma had been on ships before where there was no navigator, and it always turned out for the worst. She schooled her face into an impassive mask, but she couldn't quite push down the little tremor of fear that rose in her belly.
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 03:00
As the Elves' Dagger prepared to dock with Magnup Moon Base, Carielf asked a channel to be opened.
" Callin Magnup Moon Base.. This is Sarantha Archer of the Pirate Frigate Maltese Eagle. Request permission to dock.."
She waited a moment, then repeated the message.

Illiana watched her board, and then told the captain they had a response. " Put it on screen."
On the screen there was a man, who looked about 30, with wavy brown hair, and a dazzling smile.
" Sarantha, you old pirate! what brings you out this way? Never mind, we'll talk later. Permission granted to dock Maltese Eagle. See ya, Sarantha."
Carielf blushed slightly, but then ordered the crew to prepare to dock at the station.

[Edited on 18/9/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 09:29
Iliana spoke briefly with station control and sent the docking information to the Navigator's station. As Carielf brought the ship down, Iliana took a deep breath and risked a question.

"Captain, that man...why did he know you?" she asked, hoping not to be reprimanded for being overly curious.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 09:52
(((you called and I came, glad to be here Indie....I'll post Cara's profile later, if you want)))

Cara walked into Spacefleet, more curios then anything. A notice caught her eye:
"Come join me, Captain Carielf Archer, on my space ship. I am searching for a crew to undertake an undercover mission to infiltrate and destroy a group of space pirates.
If you feel you are up to it, come see me. Hanger 12. My ship is the ' Elves Dagger'."

"Hanger twelve huh?' she headed towards the ship in question and knocked on the door, things seemed abit filled up

"Uhh...'scuse me, still need hands?" she stepped in.
Mon coeur est genre, mais je suis un monster. (My heart is kind, but I am a monster.)
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 10:08
((oopsie! On behalf of the crew, thanks for coming! I am Iliana, in communications. Please let it be noted that we're actually not in hangar twelve anymore! Just FYI! ))
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 03:19
((I realized this just as it finished posting :blush: uhhhh....how about she stepped in just before they took off, but in all the hustle, no one noticed her (sound familar indianna, LOL) and you can come across her and lets see what come of that...am sorry....))
Mon coeur est genre, mais je suis un monster. (My heart is kind, but I am a monster.)
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2003 01:44
As they were preparing to dock, Carielf noticed that her sensors were giving her a funny readout.. It said that there was an extra person on board.
Hmm. she thought.. I wonder who would stow away on my ship?
She got up from her console and went to where the computer had indicated an extra life-form.
When she got there, she reset her sidearm to stun, and then went in.
When she entered, she saw a woman sitting on the bunk, stapped in, and looking like the captian was expected..
" Who are you?" Carielf demanded?Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland

[Edited on 20/9/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2003 05:07
*she unstrapped and stood up to greet th captian
" I came to apply for a postion and you took off upon my just entering the ship, so I sat down and starpped up, not wanting to be knocked about." she stopped and looked around.
"Pretty nice ride you got going here. Nubular isonic proton engine? or is she running on the ol' plasmatic electron engine? an oldie but a goodie. I'm Cara by the way, how dya do?"
she held out her hand

Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2003 12:47
Iliana quietly pulled up the screen that Carielf had glanced at before exiting the bridge. It said that there were...wait...Iliana glanced at the readouts again. They showed an extra lifeform on the ship. She shook her head and closed the screen.

"It would appear," she said casually to Calma, "That our captain has gone to detain a stowaway in one of the bunk rooms."
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2003 03:31
Calma's finely penciled eyebrows lifted in surprise as she walked to Iliana's console. She bent over the other woman and read the readouts quickly. "It appears that you are correct, Iliana." Calma's voice was...not exactly emotionless but rather flat. "I do not think our Captian needs help at the moment, however...though if she is not back in a few moments I will go looking for her." That said, Calma walked back to her seat and continued her routine checks and balances.

[Edited on 23/9/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2003 04:06
Carielf looked at the woman on the bunk. " Actually, the engines are a new design that I came up with, with a little help from another enginneer. They are dilithium-fusion engines, Faster than anything in the galaxy. By the way, if you were applying for an engineering postion, you can head down there and check the engines out. Or, if you can navigate, we are short a navigator. So, how about it?"
Carielf turned, and motioning her to follow, she led the way back to the bridge.
" Ah Illiiana, to answer your're question, yes I do know him. That's my older brother."
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2003 09:29
"I will do whichever you need the most. I am fully cabale of doing both, however, I have spent more time as an engineer and am most interested in your new prototype."

(((sorry this is short, have homework ick......)))
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2003 07:55
( ooc sorry it had taken me soo long to get back to this thread))
Carielf said" I need a navigator more at the moment, but if you want to help out with engineering at times, I can't object.
Now, come with me to the bridge and we'll see about getting a decent cabin, and get you introduced to the nagivagtion system."
Going back up to the bridge, Carielf showed Cara gthe navigatior's seat, and asked her to bring them in for the landing on the moon.
Once teh ship was safely landed, Carielf told the crew to report to room 3909, and they would get new identities for the mission. After that, they were free to roam the moon until the end of the week, when they would report back to the ship for the mission.
After seeing the crew safely off the ship, Carielf went to her brother's room, and asked him for lunch.
(( ooc if someone wants to play Carielf's brother, it's ok by me))
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2003 08:01
3903...3909....3909...Oh, here it is. Iliana stopped at the door of room 3909 and hesitated for a moment before knocking. When the door opened and she was let in, it took her a moment to get oriented. The room was very dark, except for a lighted desk in the corner.

"Um...Excuse me, I was sent here by my captain..."
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2003 08:20
Calma stayed in the ship to oversee the shut-down process. Once everything was at rest, she let herself off the ship and headed for the room Captain Archer had told her to report to. When she got there, she saw that Iliana was already there...she cleared her throat slightly. "Excuse me, I was sent here by my captian..." she waited for any sound to come from the person at the lighted desk.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2003 11:00
*Cara was now the new navigator and unofficial engineer gofer (((OOC: go fer this, go fer that etc.))) the seat was comfy and it also helped that the navigation system was similar to one that she had worked with before. After having landed the ship, th captian mentened something about new identities. "Cool" she thought, she was used to things like this and this was probably going to be one of the least illegal or unsafe jobs she had ever taken. Normally she was hired as spy or assassin. She enjoyed the prspect of not being shot at. She opened the door to the room that the captian had appointed
she opened the door to romm 3909 and stepped in....

[Edited on 10/10/2003 by CarolP]
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2003 10:29
"Ah, ladies, I've been expecting you!" A scrawny man stepped forward and shook the women's hands. Iliana wrinkled her nose; the man smelled like he hadn't bathed in days. "You may call me Grecko, and please don't introduce yourselves, I prefer not to know my client's names." He stood back and looked at them for a long time.

"Sir...what are you doing?" Iliana asked finally.

"Ah, just naming you. He pulled out a small image capture device and snapped quick headshots of the three of them. "You, missie, will be Misae Korand," he said, bowing to Iliana. "Come back in two hours and I'll have all your ID and papers." Iliana shrugged and backed out of the room. She shut the door behind her and waited for her two shipmates.

"That man was extremely creepy." she muttered.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2003 10:29
*She stepped in the room, two other members of the crew were already there In addition to a scrawny weasely looking man named Grecko. He looked very familiar, but the man that she knew wasn't named Grecko....
she grinned thinly; of course given the last circumstances he wouldn't have given her his real name and she doubted that Grecko was also his real name. She had met him last time was assigned to a job. He had given her the guise of Niedra Garthos. Iliana left the room after being renamed Misae Korand. Cara was next.
The man named Grecko looked slightly surprised to see her.
"Hmmm....I honestly didn't think to see you alive after your last, how to put it delicetly, case."

"Nice to see you too, though last time I met you, you weren't Grecko."
"Shall we stick with Niedra Garthos? or give you a new name?"
"That should be up to the captian.."
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2003 05:42
After both Iliana and the newest crewmate had gotten appraised by the unsavory-smelling man, it was Calma's turn. She lifted her chin a bit and looked squarely into the man's eyes, ignoring his smell and looks. After a few moments, the man nodded and said, "You'll be Alma Nestand. Your papers will be ready within two hours."

With that, Calma was dismissed. She walked, back straight, out of the small office to where Iliana stood, looking a bit weirded out. Calma smiled a bit at the younger woman and rested a hand on her shoulder. "You'll be fine...Misae Korand."
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2003 04:35
*He appraised her moment longer
"Yes..lets stick with Niedra Garthos. You still have the papers then?"
"Yes"
"Good" she left leaving the third member in the room..
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2003 08:32
"Who are you?" Iliana asked. Calma smiled.

"I am Alma Nestand." Iliana smiled at her crewmate.

"I am pleased to meet you, Alma."

[Edited on 14/10/2003 by CarolP]
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2003 09:48
*She passed by the other crew members on her way to her room. She opened her duffel and rumaged around for her papers. She found them in a small safe box at the very bottom of her bag, opening it, the papers were right on top...............
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 30, 2003 09:11
Captian Archer watched from around the corner as her crew got new identities. Finally, as the last one walked out, she herself went into the room. " Grekko, I need papers, and I want the name to Sarantha Archer. Also, I need a new ship id, and id numbers. Send them to hanger 45 in two hours."
Grekko nodded, and Cari turned and walked out.

((( OOC Sorry i haven't been posting... my com has a bug, and i can only get on every so often...)))Image

[Edited on 31/10/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
TinuvielHobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 31, 2003 05:48
(ooc: Would it be ok if I hopped into this role play? We're on a moon....somewhere...right?)
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2003 11:36
*After she shoved her papers into her pocket, she flopped down onto her bed, just thinking, after about half an hour or so, she got up and decided to try to meet some of the crew members......*

(((sorry this is short and really stupid, but I have writers block and tons of HW)))
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2004 06:45
((( sorry it has been forever since i posted on here. Sorry to all my rpers.)))

After the new ship id had been delivered, Sarantha went up to the control room of the moon and asked to see Gilad Moonraker. The officer on watch told her that he was in his cabin, level 14, room 14589. Nodding courteously, she made her way down to his room.
When she got there, she knocked on his door. When he opened it, she simply said " surprise"
___
Gilad invited her in, offered her some refreshments, and then bluntly asked" Why are you on my moon?"
____
Sarantha paused for a moment, and then quietly told him her mission.
When she got to the point of a missing navigator, she said " I was kinnda hoping that you would come along. "
Gilad thought for a moment, and then said " Hey, give me some time to think about it and I'll let you know in about 5 hours."
Sarantha nodded and said" My ship, Maltese Falcon is in bay 45.
Come by and tell me." She stood, gave him a hug, and then walked out.

When she got back to the ship, Sarantha called a meeting of all the crew and officers to take place in three hours.

Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2004 02:00
The newly renamed Alma (I just realized how close that is to Calma) went back to the ship soon after she was named and stretched out on her bunk wearily. She opened one eye as she heard the announcement, then closed both eyes and rolled over onto her side after setting the alarm to go off in three hours.

[Edited on 19/2/2004 by CarolP]
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2004 05:22
When everyone had gathered in the conference room, Sarantha stood up. She slowly walked around the room, looking at each person. " I called you all here for a purpose. Starting now, you will being to call one another by your new names. You will forget that your old identity existed. From now on, you have no past, no family, no history beyond this ship. Where we are going, one slip of the tounge, and everyone dies. Does everyone understand?" She paused for a moment to let that sink in. " If anyone wants to back out now, go ahead and leave. You can take a shuttle from teh moon base just about anywhere." Sarantha paused again, waiting to see if anyone would leave. None did. " Very good. Now, I need everyone to return to thier posts except the navigator and comm officers." When the rest had left, Sarantha turned to them and asked" What do you know about the Outer Whorl of space? That is where we will be going. I strongly sugest that you keep the location secret. Navigator, begin plotting a course that will bring us around the backside, that is the side away from the galaxy core. Let me know when the couse is plotted." Turning to the comm officer, she said" I need you to reconfigure the comm array to brodcast only to a certain location. Here are the coordinates and the message. It tells my contact a time and place to meet for entry into the pirate organization."
She looked at both of them and they nodded. " Dissmissed".
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2004 06:09
Alma listened seriously to Sarantha's speech. Taking the coordinates and the message, she saluted smartly and headed for her station. Settling into her seat, Alma kicked her foot, moving herself in front of her computer. Fingers moving as fast as lightning, the blonde elf set the coordinates and inputted the message.

With nothing else to do, Alma flicked through files on the Outer Whorl, educating herself about it.
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 03:23
Sarantha strolled around the bridge, wondering how she was going to get her crew used to piracy.All of a sudden, the long-range sensors indicated a merchant vessel headed their way. The signiture was Dorian, a wealthy planet with a huge instellar shipping fleet. Perfect she thought.. Just what I need to train my crew.
" All hands to battle stations. Prepare to attack that vessel. Target only engines ,weapons, and life support. Leave them dead in the water, only don't aim for the cargo holds."
She stepped back to sit in her chair.I hope thier ready for this. she thought."
" Boarding stations. Prepare to launch attack fighters and boarding shuttles. Arm yourselves. When we have disabled the ship, call me in my ready room."
Sarantha left the bridge and went to the ready room. Slowly she strapped on her deadly arsenal of weapons, both energy and old-fashioned steel. Here goes the first step in our adventure she thought as she stood before the mirror.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 07:44
Alma looked up from her studies at the captain's orders. Jumping to her feet, she ran for her quarters and grabbed her weapons, ranging from an old fashioned sword passed to her from her grandmother, to a small blaster pistol that tucked neatly into her sleeve.

Tucking everything into the proper pockets and strapping her sword about her waist, Alma headed for the gun tower closest to her cabin. Settling herself in the seat, Alma ran the fastest of diagnostic tests, trying to familiarize herself with the system in the short time she had. 'Lucky I've always been good with computers,' she thought ruefully.

Spinning the gun with her seat, Alma aimed carefully. "Who's in the other gun tower?" she asked into her comlink. The first thing Alma had ensured, when new crew members came, was that their comlinks were syncronized to each other. Therefore, her question was heard by all.
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2004 05:51
The Captian overode the coms and broadcast an announcement. " Launch fighter shuttles! Target only the engins, weapons and life support. Remember we take no prisoners."
Sarantha sighed. This isn't going to be easy she thought. Reeling in her emotions, she walked over to the navigations board. Suddenly, it began beeping insistenly. There was another ship approaching! Quickly, Sarantha ordered the fighters to return to the ship. Using the com system, she ordered the gunners in the turrets to target the merchant vessel, sparing only the cargo holds.
As the guns blasted the merchant ship, Sarantha used a tractor beam to latch on what was left of the cargo compartment. After the compartment was taken into the ship, she ordered the crew to surround it, in case anyone was hiding inside, in which case that person would be killed.
Then, turning to Gil at the navigation board, she said " Get us out of here. I think there is an uninhabited star system a ways back, take us there and hide. "
Without waiting to see if her orders would be obeyed, she whirled around and swiflty walked to the cargo bay where they had stored the compartment, anxious to see what was inside.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email