Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
Post Winter Vaccation
on: September 14, 2003 07:39
Alright, just to let you guys know, I don't want any inapropriate stuff in this RPG or Sudden deaths but otherwise, join and be creative and just have fun! Here's how: Everyone has to chose a specific character that they want to be and act him/her out. Try not to say other peoples lines unless you really need to. Oh, and you can be other fictional people that are not in TLOTR like LuLu from FFX and so forth. I'm going to be Legolas and the person that guides people through this thing.

Winter arrived and the Fellowship of the Ring decides to invite everyone to go on a vaccation to the Misty Mountains where Elrond built a (rather large) cabin. Legolas finds himself driving through a snowstorm and hopes that everyone who was invited are not have trouble getting to the cabins.

Suddenly, he sees the cabin in a clearing and finds threes other cars there. He wonders who they are?...

[Edited on 22/4/2004 by gabriel_legolas]
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Winter Vaccation
on: September 14, 2003 01:47
Ramanth jumped out of his Highlander and squinted his eyes to see Legolas driving toward him. He quickly walked to the cabin door, where he waited for his host to come.
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2003 02:09
Legolas sighed... of all people, it had to be him, the murderer, or whatever he does. not that he wasn't liked or anything, but you can't really sleep soundly knowing that this guy killed his own brother. Still... I really hope whoever drives the other cars aren't evil minions to the dark lord, thought Legolas.

Walking up to Ramanth, he smiled and said, "Good to see you, Ramanth. You haven't changed from the last time i saw you."

[Edited on 15/9/2003 by Happy_Hobbit]
Selphius
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2003 02:03
(OOC: Cars? ... OKAY! Forgive me if Haldir seems really out of character but... I always thought he was a bit snotty.)

Not to far from the cabin, the Marchwarden of Lothlorien stumbled through the heaps of never ending snow. It only on rare occasions that is actually snowed in Lothlorien, so of course Haldir wasn't too experienced with it.

After countless times of tripping and cursing at the snow, the noble Elf found that Legolas had already arrived to the... rather large... cabin get-away. But he saw also a person he had never seen before with the prince, busy introducing himself.

A few more steps in the shallowing sea of snow brought Haldir to the entrance of the house. "Well," he said, announcing his present to the two, "Seems we're a bit early..." Haldir looked the stranger over briefly and grinned haughtily. "I don't believe we've met, I am Haldir, Captain of the Border Guardians of Lothlorien." He stressed the word 'captain', making his point clear to the stranger that he was in charge of what he did.

[Edited on 17/9/2003 by Selphius]
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2003 03:45
"Hello, Haldir. I'm surprised you made it (*wink). By the way, this is Ramanth." said Legolas. "he's a little strange and it's best not to bump into him at night." his voice was light and joking, but it held an undertone of darkness. (see Ramanth's character description on 'RPG characters')

going into the kitchen, they found 20 bags of Chex Mix scattered on the table.Image

[Edited on 17/9/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 03:09
The other car belonged to the twins, Elladan and Elrohir. Elladan was nowhere to be seen at the moment, but Elrohir greeted Legolas with a smile and a high-five.
"Legolas!" he cried, rushing towards his friend. "It is nice to see you. Ada built this large cabin for us, but he's still down in Rivendell. I don't know where Elladan is, but he said something about waiting for more to arrive. Do you know who's coming?"
His dark hair and grey eyes stood in contrast to both Legolas and Haldir. ((I am assuming that they look the same that they do in the movies, but correct me if I am mistaken about this.)) He shivered slightly at the icy glare of one of the newcomers, the only one that he and his brother didn't know.
Taking Legolas aside, his tone of voice changed to sound much like Elrond's. "What is troubling you, mellon-nin?" he asked in a whisper so that none but that which it was directed to could hear it.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 08:12
Elladan ran out of the cabin, his fair face wreathed in smiles as he saw his old friend Legolas. "Hey Legolas! Welcome to the little house in the woods! What took you so long?" He grinned teasingly as he gave Legolas a quick high-five. He then turned to Haldir, his whole demenor changing. "Welcome, Marchwarden of Lorien."
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 10:00
"My brothere," muttered Elrohir under his breath. Nonetheless, he smiled at his identical twin and greeted him. "I didn't know where you were," he said, raising an eyebrow just as Elrond taught him to do.
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 12:55
(yes, all the LOTR characters look like the people in the movie)

Legolas spoke to Elrohir while everyone else conversed at the table.

"My friend, I am not sure who else is coming since everyone has such tight plans. And I wish those who are coming can make their way here safely, with all this snow. Oh well, im sure they're alright. How's Arwen? Is she still with Aragorn? I haven't talked to her in a while." Then, nodding towards Ramanth, Legolas introduced them. "Elrohir, Elladan, this is Ramanth, he's a little quiet around strangers but he'll warm up once you get to know him. Oh, by the way, who bought all these Chex Mix?"
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 03:41
Elladan heard Elrohir's whisper and rolled his eyes at his twin. Nonetheless, he managed to sound polite as he said, answering the unspoken question "I was in the back, readying the ski lift and the sleds for later."

Elladan turned to Ramanth and bowed slightly. "I am Elladan, eldest of Lord Elrond of Rivendell. It is my honor to welcome you to this little cabin."
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2003 09:30
Elrohir shot his brother a glare. "Little?" he said. "Oh, the chex mix...Ada left them for us. Yeah, he won't be here, but he wants us to give them to you." Elrohir followed his brother's example and bowed. "I am Elrohir, son of Elrond Peredhil of Imladris." He put an emphasis on the last word. "Yes, Arwen is still with Aragorn, but I haven't heard anything from either of them in a while." Turning to Haldir, he whispered "How's Lothlorien?"

[Edited on 19/9/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2003 05:04
Elladan cuffed his brother lightly on the back of the neck. "Come off it, would you? It is vacation time. Stop the formalities!" Rolling his eyes, Elladan turned to the others, who looked rather shell-shocked by the show of 'brotherly-love'. "The ski lift is up and running," he announced, "and the snow is perfect for skiing, so, instead of sitting here watching the snow melt, what say we go ski a bit?"

Without waiting for an answer, Elladan grabbed Legolas with one hand and Elrohir by the other and dragged them toward the ski lift.

(C'mon guys! It's just getting good! Don't bail out now!)
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2003 05:11
"Being formal is a permanent part of me," Elrohir muttered under his breath as his brother dragged him by the arm outside, into the snow. He had always enjoyed the snow, but had always had a rivaly with Elladan to see who could hit the others with more snow balls. He picked up a handful of snow and aimed at his brother, missing widely. He had never had that good of an aim, which is why he had always preferred drawing and fine arts to sports and that sort of stuff.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2003 06:52
Elladan saw the snowball curve around him and spun, dropping Legolas' wrist. "Oh ho, little brother!" he said, his grey eyes twinkling. "You've asked for it now!" This said, he bent and grabbed some snow in his bare hand and flung it at his brother fastball-style. It caught Elrohir squarely on the side of the head as he tried to dodge away.
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2003 03:36
"Hey," said Elrohir. "Before we fight with each other, let's get them!" He pointed over to where Legolas and Haldir were standing, his left eyebrow raised like it often was. He picked up some snow and aimed at Legolas, hitting him in the stomach. "I'm glad Ada built this cabin," he laughed, seeing Legolas' expression. "Aren't you?"

[Edited on 26/9/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2003 07:13
Elladan grinned his lopsided grin, the left side of his mouth stretched higher than the right side of his mouth. He bent and grabbed up a handful of snow and flung it at Haldir, catching the proud Marchwarden in the leg as the older elf tried to jump away.

'Aye, I am quite glad Ada built this cabin," Elladan laughed in reply.
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2003 09:55
Elrohir and his brother agreed about their opinions on the cabin, but neither knew what the others thought. ((Don't leave us now, everyone!!!)) "It's so much fun!" exclaimed Elrohir as he started building a small snow fort, motioning for Elladan to come closer. Being a twin was so much fun at times, but at other times, he hated it. He would always have someone there for him, even when he didn't want his brother around. He and Elladan made plans to have an all-out snow war with the Marchwarden and the other bland Elf after they finished.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2003 12:24
Elladan crept over by his brother and helped him construct the best snow fort Elladan had ever seen. Once that was done, and cold fingers were brought back to life, the twin elves began packing more snow into snowballs, planning to get Haldir, Legolas and the other guest once they came back out from warming up.

Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2003 12:44
Elrohir finished the last few finishing touches on their snow fort. Time to get the Prince back! he thought to himself as his fingers defrosted. It was cold, but he didn't mind. Having fun with his brother and their friends beat the cold any day, especially for him. ((Hey, Vana, where is everyone! Did they just ditch us?? ))
Selphius
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2003 02:15
(No! I didn't ditch ya! I've been far too busy to be playing on the RPs lately, soorry!!)

Haldir dodged to on coming snow balls that the Twin Terrors where hattaling at him. Being bummled by snowballs was not exactly the best way to start a vacation, and Haldir didn't plan on letting it happen again. He'd get his revange.

Carefully, after being hit by several other clumps of snow, Haldir ducked into a large enough hill of snow to hide in. Gradually he made a a few snow ball, plus and extra large one for the grandfanale. Quickly, he sprang up and tossed a few of the frozen spheres at the twins, nearly hitting Elladan in the eye.

"You foul Orcs! If you weren't the children of Lord Elrond, I would slay you where you stand!" He cried, taking cover back behind the large snow hill, guestering for Legolas to join him in the snowy shelter.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2003 05:06
"Oh ho!" cried Elladan, wiping the snow from his face and blinking away the bits that had gotten into his eyes. "You've asked for it now, Haldir!" Ducking behind the magnificent snow castle, Elladan grabbed handfuls of snow and pelted them at Haldir's retreating form. Once Haldir was secure behind his fortress with Legolas, the twins put their heads together and began to plan.

It was decided that Elrohir would distract the hiding prince and marchwarden while Elladan snuck up on them and got them from behind.

[Edited on 1/10/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2003 03:32
"Good idea, Elladan, but why do I always have to be the one with the difficult job?" asked Elrohir, somewhat playfully. Elladan knew he was just joking around. Elrohir whispered something in his brother's ear. "I'm glad we're here and that Haldir and Legolas are, too," he said. He ducked even more behind their snow castle as a snowball nearly hit him in the head.

"The Marchwarden! Let's get him and the Prince!" he exclaimed to his brother. "Revenge time!" His grey eyes glistened in the sunlight, and harbored mischievious looks.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2003 09:07
"Because you're the one with the lousy shot. We need acuracy to properly pay those orc-spawn back." Elladan was also teasing, and Elrohir knew it. One thing about being twins...they always knew what the other was thinking.

Elladan chuckled softly at Elrohir's whispered comment, then began pelting snowballs at the other fort with shouts in both common and Elvish.
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2003 09:36
Elrohir pretended to scowl at his brother, but started laughing instead. Rolling his eyes, he picked up some snow and handed it to his brother. ((Twin Terrors, indeed! We'll see about that!))

"Alright," he said after pretending to think about it for a moment. "I'll distract them, but you'd better not miss! Or else!"
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2003 09:06
Elladan nodded his agreement and took a deep breath. As Elrohir began pelting the Prince's and Marchwarden's hiding place...and receiving the return volleys...Elladan crept out of the fort with all the care he had learned tracking the white deer in Mirkwood.

Climbing a tree and passing from limb to limb like a squirrel, Elladan was very soon behind the other elves' fort. He climbed out of the tree silently and gathered a bagful of snow, then climbed back into the tree. Legolas seemed to hear some half-heard sound, but attributed it to Elrohir's shouts.

Reaching a good vantage point, Elladan reached into the bag and made a good sized snowball from the snow he pulled out. Carefully, he aimed the wad of snow at the back of Legolas' head...and fired. The snowball flew true and splattered all over Legolas' light hair. As theelf spun with a shout, Elladan fired again and hit Legolas square in the mouth. Haldir turned to help his teammate but was also hit by several volleys

As the snow-covered elves advanced on Elladan's position, the dark-haired elf climbed higher swiftly calling, "Elrohir! Come on!"
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2003 09:49
Elrohir retreated up the tree after his brother, laughing and grinning up at the identical face above him. Looking down at the marchwarden and Legolas, he saw them forming more snowballs.

"Uh, oh, Elladan!" he said when he had caught up to his brother in the tree. "I think they're gonna get us!"
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2003 03:51
(no, didn't ditch you guys, i've been busy with school. im so sorry!)

Legolas swiped the snow and crushed it with his cold hands, forming a rather large snowball. he threw it as hard as he could muster at the twins after getting hit in the face ( how humiliating! at least Gimli wasn't there.) Elrohir ducked in time but the snowball bombed Elladan squarely on the forehead knocking him back.

"HA HA! Take that, fell twins of the snow!" whooped Legolas triumphantly," come on Haldir!"

Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2003 05:34
((Yeah, I'm, like, always online. It's okay. This may be a stupid point, but why is Legolas the only one from the fellowship? Am just curious. This sounds like it would be a lot of fun...too bad it doesn't snow here!))

"We are the Twin Terrors!" said Elrohir, laughing so hard he turned pink. "Come on, El! Let's show them!" El was the nickname that he had given to his brother when they were just learning to talk. Elrohir's nickname from Elladan was Ro. He grabbed some snow and hurled it at Legolas, missing him, but hitting Haldir in the leg. After recieving a menancing glare, he ducked just before a snow ball hit him.

[Edited on 4/10/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2003 04:33
Legolas had to laugh after seeing the look on Haldir's face. Just as he was about to toss a snowball at Elrohir, a blizzard of whirling snow interupted their game. Dark was the sky above them and the air had dropped down to another few degrees.

"Friends, I surrender, you two truly are twin terrors!" he laughed,"but let us go in for I am much weary. Say, who wants to help me in the kitchen? And what do you guys want to eat?"
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2003 03:48
"Come on, El! You heard what the prince said!" Elrohir jumped down from the tree, landing fairly gracefully on his feet. He had to laugh at Legolas, but he hoped that his brother would follow them inside. "We could make some hot cocoa to drink. Ada sent some up with us when we came." He followed Legolas inside.

[Edited on 5/10/2003 by Gilraen]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2003 03:07
Elladan whooped as Legolas and Haldir surrendered to the "Twin Terrors". He sumersaulted out of the tree and landed deftly on his feet. He had only just caught his balance when Haldir threw another snowball at him, just missing his legs. Elladan wiggled his eyebrows wickedly and dove at the Marchwarden, bringing him down into a snowdrift. They rolled about in there until at last Elladan managed to pin the unfortunate elf down and push snow into his face. Upon hearing Haldir surrender (again), the dark-haired elf got off him and headed for the cabin at a dead run.
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2003 03:24
Meanwhile, Elrohir and Legolas were inside making hot chocolate for the others when they came in. To be honest, Elrohir wasn't exactly sure when, or even if, his brother and Haldir would ever come in. Elladan had always enjoyed the snow more than him.

"You're doing it all wrong!" said Legolas, showing Elrohir how to properly mix the hot chocolate.

"Sorry." Elrohir muttered. He tried to mix it the way the prince showed him, but managed to fail miserably. "We don't have hot chocolate in Rivendell that much, and when we do, Glorfy or Erestor makes it."
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2003 11:09
Elladan dodged another snowball as he ducked into the cabin door and shut it tight. Shedding his gloves and boots (Elrohir was rather picky about snow on the rug), Elladan slipped into the kitchen, where he smelled hot chocolate. Haldir came in moments later and shed his wet stuff.

Elladan reached around Legolas and grabbed a ready cup. "Thanks, guys." he said with a cheerful smile as he sipped the hot brew.
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2003 01:37
"Welcome," replied Legolas,"hey, I think that's all the cocoa we need for now and thanks for the help, Elrohir. Brighten up Haldir and join us. Who wants to play cards or something before we retire for bed?"

Legolas opened a closet and in it was filled with many varieties of board games, cards, etc. stacked together neatly.

"Of course, I'm open to other suggestions", he added "we could also watch a movie.

[Edited on 7/10/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2003 09:35
"Ada sent us with too many movies to count. How about Star Wars?" said Elrohir, pulling one of the movies out from under the tv. "Glorfy and Erestor don't like it, so El and I never get to watch it at home." He didn't bother saying that Elrond had deemed it too much of a boy's movie for their sister, but Elladan knew. ((Is it time for bed already???))
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email