Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
eowadia
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: favorite scary movie
on: February 01, 2004 03:06
For me It must be The Ring. AArg When I have to tell the story too somebody it still gives my the greeps. I hate that movie but It is a very good movie as for the the story.

Silence of the Lambs was also very scary.

The Haunting was a scary movie but it did not fright me.

Friday on the television they played What lies beneath. I recorded it and going to see it tonight:evil:.
witchking
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 09:59
ooo! what lies beneath. i was kinda young when i watched that... geez that one time when she was in the bath tub... *shudders* that creeped me out.
luvlijah
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 05:06
Any Stephen King movie can really really freak me out!! The ones I found the freakiest were:
The Stand
It
Carrie

Especially The Stand *shiver*. I was scared to get wiped out by some freaky disease for weeks
lego-luva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2004 10:41
I personally am not a huge fan of scary movies. I try to watch them & it never really works. But I think the scariesst movie I've "seen" is Interview with the Vampire. I love that movie & just fast forward through the bloody part.:blush:
Wulf_Sternhammer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 07:50
I'm a huge fan of the horror genre though I find that most "so called Horror films"leave a lot to be desired. Most are about as scary as Monsters Inc. without as many laughs, or "hack and Slash" films made by people that believe gore equals fear. For me, films that challenge your perceptions of the world make the best horror films, and this can be different things for different people. I am a Clive Barker fan from way back (see my thread on him for more) and I really enjoy the Hellraiser films (the first and third were the best), as well as The Nightbreed. Both had a good balance of Pychological thrills, and blood delivered in a way I found challenged the possibilities of reality. Mingled with that was a feeling of darkness and dread that kept me enthralled to the very end.
I also enjoyed The Sixth Sense as my wife and I were fortunate enough to see an advanced screening where the air conditioning was manipulated so that in the film when the temperature dropped because a dead person was around it got very cold in the cinema. A very good effect.
SephirothVII
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2004 07:41
The scariest movie I ever saw, and i mean this, is Barney and The Grand Adventure. My littlwe sister was sick and I had to sit through the entire movie. What this movies teaches the children of our age is sickening. Logs cannot fly with imagination, eggs do not fall from the sky, and Purple dinasaurs do not run around hlping 10 year old children when they are sad. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
Shieldmaiden1981
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2004 09:44
I can't really say that any horror film has kept me awake at night, although The Ring freaked me out the first time I saw it.

The Final Destination movies were excellent as well, since they had equal amounts of blood and psychological terror. The philosophical part of the movies (does Death actually have a design for us?) really made me think.
RivendellMaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2004 11:27
I like scary moives to. I think my fave is Hellraiser 1&2 I'm afraid if I have a puzzle box around it will open and Pinhead and cenobites will appear (JK) I watched House on Haunted hill by myself and was like I need somebody to watch this with me. I normally don't get that scared watching scary movies. I like The Evil Dead and Army of Darkness now they are scary funny!! I LMAO all the way through Army of Darkness.

Elbereth339
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2004 06:06
I need you all's help. My friend and I are having a scary movie night at some point, and I want to get good movies, unlike my last scary movie night which had lame movies. Okay, I need a total of 4 movies. I already have 2. They are Scream and Fear Dot Com. I have seen Scream, and it is my favorite scary movie that i've seen. Fear Dot Com I haven't seen. So the kind of movies I like are Scream, Nightmare on Elm St., Jeepers Creepers, and Final Destination. I enjoy movies with things that can actually happen, but as you can see from my choices I like others too. If you could help me with this I will be extremely grateful.
~One_of_the_Dunedain~
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2004 03:14
I absolutely looove horror flicks!!! The scariest one I've ever seen though, is 'The Shining' I saw it when I was 11 (I know, I was an 11 year old kid and shouldn't have been watching that kind of thing, but hey, its almost immunized me to getting scared by movies! lol)
It scared the freaking crap out of me. Scared the ever-loving daylights out of me. It was the newer one, not the one w/jack nickleson, it was on tv. But, oh my lord...we had to stay in room 217 of a hotel last year on vacation. Didn't get to sleep. The first time I watched it, I didn't sleep for a week. And so my parents didn't let me watch horrors or scary movies until now. Last week I saw the ring, and whats weird, is it didn't scare me! haha, but seriously though, didn't scare me one bit. But it was a good movie, and one of my favorites.
I think now I'm going to go watch signs, maybe I'll be scared to death again! haha.
Peace and Pretzels
Mar
Gimli_and_Gollum
Superdwarf
Send Message
on: July 22, 2004 04:02
I think The Ring is really scary. I saw it just cus of the title(lotr, the ring... heh..) but then it freaked me out. Another one that is kinda scary is Joy Ride.. i think that's what it's called. Theres these people and this guy is chasing them and threatening them over a radio thing(like a walkie talkie). Candycane... *shiver*
Elbereth339
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2004 04:53
Am I the only one who wasn't scared by The Ring? I thought it was just silly. It didn't scare me because it would never happen. After I've seen a movie once or twice, I start to look for little things the directors add in. Like in Scream there are so many references to Nightmare on Elm Street and such. It's exterminally amusing.
SadisticYoda
Danger to Mankind
Send Message
on: July 23, 2004 05:12
Apocalypse Now - Horror that goes beyond mindless killing, truly disturbing and VERY well done. Not only one of the scariest films ever made, but one of the best films around.

Psyco - The original horror film. One of Hitchcock's best, the shower scene will remain in my mind for the rest of my life.
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 23, 2004 05:31
The Excorist scared me and it still does and The Ring but only at the end. But throughout the whole movie was a mystery and I wanted more scary scenes.
2ndbreakfast
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2004 05:56
The Ring was terrible. I don't like horror movies that I know the end to from the beginning. I also don't scare too easily, so I prefer the ones that make you think a looong time afterwards.
In which case, I looooove The Others with Nicole Kidman. It was twisted. I also love M. Night Shyamalan. He writes them, and directs them, and they're always good. The Sixth Sense and Signs aren't so scary, but they stick with you forever. And I can't wait for The Village.
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 23, 2004 03:08
I agree. The Village is already in the movie theaters here in New York but I haven't had the time to go see it.

Those kind of movies are great! I love twisted endings :love:
hobbitgrrl
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2004 01:13
Well, I've seen a limited amount of horror movies, but what I'd have to say is Children of the Corn. The original from the 1980's. That freaked me out, especially the pentacle cut into his chest...that made me flinch! >_<;;
kiraIfalmalinnar
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2004 05:19
The “Evil Dead” trilogy are my faves because they are funny and really frightening at the same time. Alien was also darn good.

Horror is fun because you know it’s make believe (one hopes).

The only thing that REALLY frightens me is the apparent death of critical thinking among much of the public these days.
StormyBaggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2004 10:32
I agree. The Village is already in the movie theaters here in New York but I haven't had the time to go see it.

Those kind of movies are great! I love twisted endings :love:

I saw "The Village." I loved it! It was very good. I had been waiting for it for a while, and I was not disappointed. Very well done.
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 31, 2004 05:09
That's great! I still haven't been able to see it!

There's going to be a new scary movie on August 20th here in New York. Called Excorist The Beginning.

I can't wait to watch it! But I'm so scared.
MirkwoodElfCiarrai
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2004 03:19
I havent seen many scary movies
but i liked "Signs"
and Alfred Hichcocks "Birds"
birds was not scary but the first time i saw
signs!
SCARY! Sorta!
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 02, 2004 04:34
Yes it was for the first time especially it had suspense. But towards the end that thing that happened just ruined it. It shouldn't have shown too much at the end it should have stayed mysterious.
Tinwetari
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2004 04:57
I'm not too big on horror movies, but I'd have to say that the Ring is the scariest one I've seen. I would say that the Exorcist was too, but to me it was more creepy than scary.
Illuin
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2004 08:56
ok the ring scared me so bad! the movie was over at 10 and I was watching it with my parents-I stayed talking to them and watching tv for the next two hours until I finally mustered enough courage to go to bed! Thats how freaked out I was-I'm never that freaked out ok!
Signs, Sixth Sense-both scared me senseless at parts! And I have to say the Village! I swear that M. Night Shymalan got into my head and put one of my worst nightmares in that story! Majorly Freaky!
The Haunting was a good horror movie
Secret Window was awesome!
Any of the halloween movies! Last year during Halloween and when I was sick they were having a marathon of them during the day and I decided to watch them--bad idea! I was home alone because my mom went to the store-not a good idea to watch Michael Myers when you are home alone lol.
luthienkenobi
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2004 05:46
I liked Child's Play...that was good! I also like the Haunting. Secret Widow was the best...if you could call that a scary movie.
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2004 03:38
Does Scary Movie three count? Hehe just kidding!

The scariest movies would be, in this order:

1)IT
2)Ghost Ship
and
3)Secret Window

Those are the only scary movies I've seen cause I'm not overly found of horror films.
Cailyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2004 08:32
They just don't make scary films like they used to. I like The Ring and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original). I like The Others and The Sixth Sense mostly for their endings. If I had to pick an ultimate favorite, it would be Night of the Living Dead (original). That's a real classic!
ShieldMaiden777
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2005 06:11
My favorite scary movies would be
1.The Sixth Sense
2.Signs
3.The Village

All three have a bunch of scenes that make me jump--and they all frighten me in the most effective way, cause in my opinion, things are scariest when you can't really see them. Like in the Sixth Sense--you know the ghosts are there just lurking around the corner, but you can't see them and it gets all tense and freaky waiting for them to appear
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 13, 2005 03:06
I love horror films.

My fave would be The Sixth Sense,because of the ending and it is great at the sudden scares and stuff. When you find out the twist at the end, you see the whole movie from a different perspective, and scenes that didn't make sense before make sense then. And there's the classic bit, where the kid, Cole, get's out of bed one night, and then when he's going back to bed he sees that dead kid, when the back f his head all bloody. *shiver* I love that movie!
I saw Secret Window, but that wasn't really scary...

My favorite scary movies would be
1.The Sixth Sense
2.Signs
3.The Village

They're all from the same director, M. Night Shyamalan.
ShieldMaiden777
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2005 03:23
I agree, The Sixth Sense had the *best* twist! M. Night Shyamalan is probably my favorite director, I love the stories he writes and his directing style. I can't wait for his new movie (it's in the works--called "Lady in the Water" I think).

[Edited on 14/7/2005 by ShieldMaiden777]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email