Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: What gives you a sense of wonder?
on: September 23, 2006 08:53
Perfect, untouched, un-skied on fresh snow covering the landscape. It's breathtakingly amazing, so pristine and gorgeous.

Also the sky, how it changes from day to night... there is nothing like lying there in perfect silence, staring at the clouds going by or counting the stars. :heart:
elennilda
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2006 02:08
For me it's the sea, dangerous but beautiful. Thunderstorms are the same, especially in the mountains.

The mountains themselves, how such huge beauty can exist strucks me with awe.

The moon, or the stars without the moon. They give such a sense of peace to me. The first snow falling each year does that too: the whole world seeme to quiet down.

When my pet-rat started to wash my hand yesterday. That such a little animal can give you so much love and trust... I really forgot to breathe. (I hope you don't think I'm insane now)

Every wild animal I see, but especially big birds majestically floating on the winds. How they keep their balance with their tails...

And so many other things, just looking closely at something always fills me with awe. And not to forget: human nature, their emotions and abilities.
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2006 02:17
Mother Nature and the star laden heavens.
Lozadora
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 24, 2006 04:19
This is a lovely thread. :love:

For me it would be the sky, its like a work of art with so many beautiful colours and forms and its always changing, it amazes me to think that its never the same.

I also love mountains, and the way that the sea crashes against the cliffs, actually pretty much everything in nature amazes me really :heart:
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: September 24, 2006 02:55
A beautiful Autumn sunset and the trees in my area in Autumn time, the yellows and reds and orange gold such beauty takes my breath away. The first night I held my newborn baby girl and she just looked at me and I saw a knowing and a innocence in those eyes and a trust and we bonded. All the beauty in nature a hummingbird to a ocean scene. So many things you can see around you daily that should fill you with wonder. The beauty of Tolkien's LOTR book and movies fill me with wonder. Many more but I think what I have posted is enough.
Melianmaia
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2006 02:40
The smell of fresh flowers. The birth of my daughter and the sea, the smell the sight and the sound.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2006 05:52
Sunrise, sunset, a perfectly cloudless night sky. Wolves and forests and rivers, all of nature that is perfect, the sea, the lighting of the beacons scene in LotR, and so much more that this list would go on forever.
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: October 16, 2006 10:31
Some poetry, when it's REALLY good, will give me shivers up and down my spine.
Lighting of the Beacons
Gandalf lighting his staff to ward off the Nazgul
Houses of Healing
Nighttime when it's perfectly clear and all the stars can be seen.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: October 17, 2006 06:34
Standing on the property we will soon own and gazing at the aspen and spruce around. Then, even as noisy as we were, hearing an elk bugle and watching a red-tailed hawk soar above us. Ah... so peaceful and beautiful.
asleepingvision
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 19, 2006 04:35
Music that makes me want to cry for it's beauty and truth.

Stars. I live near NYC, and therefore see no stars unless I drive far far away. It takes my breath away when I see all the stars up there.

I know it sounds really corny, but when I see an elderly couple I tear up. Pathetic really.

The book by Shel Silverstein The Giving Tree.

The Grand Canyon is AMAZING!

The beach at night.

And the last thing... You know when you're surrounded by the people you love and you're all laughing and having a good time? Sometimes I don't realize that I'll always look back on that memory to help me get through tough times, but other times I see how lucky I am and I just sit back and let it sink in. I think that has to be the best feeling in the world.

[Edited on 10/25/2006 by asleepingvision]
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2006 11:05
I agree with everything that has been named so far and would like to add one more.

The joy de vive of children at play in mounds of leaves, heaps of beach sand or hills of snow. I was watching the little kids at the school where I teach tos leaves up into the air just to watch them swirl down again and land on them. They were so
ecstatic about it.

Children are a source of endless wonder. Everytime I watch a child I rediscover something I'm sure I once know but had long since forgotten. It's like a trip to Neverland to watch a child.

Brandywine
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2006 09:21
Yes, being a young teenager everyone around me is starting to lose that implicit trust and the joy you feel at something new

I haven't lost it yet, you should try being best friends with my best friend , but I wanted more of it around me so I started to work with a Brownie unit. It's like being young again, they accept you as one of their own straight away
LOTR_obsessed_loony
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2008 04:39
Okay, this thread appears to have died out two years ago, but I think it's great and wanted to revive it. So.
Seagulls! That's what gives me a sense of wonder. They're just unbelievable. They live in such dirty places (urban seagulls anyway) and manage to stay clean, they manage to survive no matter what, and the way they sound... :heart: They're fabulous. I used to watch them every lunchtime at school. I love 'em.
"...Though thereafter we may walk in the shadows, I will not go forth as a thief in the night." – Boromir, FotR, The Ring Goes South Image Image Image Image Image
Rhysenn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2008 03:08
I could list a bunch of things but above all for me, its the Milky Way.
Esmerelda~Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2008 05:54
Definately something that I saw the other night: the ocean under the moon. It's absolutely breath-taking to sit in the sand and look at the ocean with the sound of waves and the moon over your head.
Electra_Calen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2008 10:43
• My Lord, who loved me enough to die for me.
• Seeing my children grow into the women they will one day be
• The changing of the seasons
• Mountains
• Thunderstorms
• Snowy days
• Dewdrops on spiderwebs
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email