Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
XxX_nikki4legolas_XxX
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Most Memorable image of ROTK
on: December 13, 2004 11:02
O where do i start??? The whole film is bloody memorable!!! :love: I love every minute of it!

- Well the first image was of Gollum with that raw fish EWWWWW that image gave me nightmares!! Nah not literally, just freaked me out for a sec
- Another one, Sam and Frodo at Mount Doom; I mean, come on, they're talking about strawberries when a volcano is about to erupt!!! It's such a sad scene to watch *someone pass me a tissue!* :cry:
- I guess it's just every scene with Sam and Frodo! I hate the fact that Gollum is so sneaky and cruel to poor ickle Sam *hugz Sam* We love you! *shakes fist at Gollum*
- My god, the scene with Farimir when Denethor says he'd rather Farimir had died, than Boromir. The look on Farimir's face; tear-jerker!
- Can't quite think of any wonderful moments, but the ending, so sad! :cry: Sam crying on Frodos shoulder, and the look on Frodo's face when he hears Sams sobs! All the ickle hobbits are crying, and seeing Sam with his family, I love it!!!
- And did I fail to mention the scene with Legolas? As far as I can recall noone has mentioned Legolas's glorious turn in slow motion, with his hair sweeping in the wind :heart: when the ring is destroyed. :evil: T

That's all for now! You may think I'm a sucker for tear- jerkers, but I'm proud of it!! Keep smiling LOTR isn't gone forever!!!

x Nikki x
IntotheWest23
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2004 12:34
i have lots but from ROTK i have 2 say when Frodo is climbing up Mount Doom and when he collapses, and Sam holds him :heart::heart::heart::love::love::love:
Void
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2004 06:50
The look of utter and unconditional joy on Gollum's face as he clutches the ring, falling into the lava in Mount Doom.

That image has been burnt into my mind...

Almost as good as the moment when Frodo decides to take the ring to Mordor in FOTR. The close up of Gandalf's reaction was perfect and made me "sniffle".

Sniffle being the "manly" term for not crying, but feeling emotion in a masculine way. And getting something in your eye at the exact same moment.

Honest.
Prophet
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 12:04
I have lots, too many to say but ill do a few.
-Merry and pippin dancing on the table at Rohan.
-What i call "the strawberry speech" when sam is asking Fodo if he remembres the shire, and Frodo says no and sam carrys him to the top.
-Frodo saying "the ring is mine", then after Sam saying 'dont you let go!" that whole part.
-Frodo and Sam after the ring was destroyd sitting on a rock in the middle of the lava and Frodo remembering the shire, I cry every time i see it.
-Frodo looking at sam, after he wakes up, and laughing with gandalf.
-gandalf putting the crown on aragorns head and saying; "may they be blessed"
-Everyone bowing before the hobbits.
-The whole grey havens part, especialy frodos smile.
those were the ones i remember most, and if i put all of them id take up alot of room so ill stop now.
gnome
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 02:22
When Gandalf talked about death not being the end, I almost cried. Wait, I think I DID cry!
Anyways, that really was the best part of the movie and it resembles what I think Tolkien was really like.
~*Loved Éowyn's big moment w/ the Witchking
~*Sam's line-something like "I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!"
~*Pippin's song for Denethor
~*and the shout of "Death" by the Rohirrim just before going into battle in the Fields
~*Seeing Gimli sit in Denethor's chair after the Steward died ~ a true Dwarf!

[Edited on 29/12/2004 by gnome]
wavecaller
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 07:00
I just had so many, but here's a few of my favorites:
~ Aragorn slowly accepting his the responsibility of his kingship as he draws the Anduril, the reforged blade of his ancestors
~ The agony on the face of Legolas as he tries to save Aragorn during the final battle
~ The joy and hope on Gandalf's face at the final battle as he sees the moth that signals the coming of the eagles
~ The last Elvish ship sailing into the sunset at the harbor
~ The look on Aragorn's face when he sees Arwen at the coronation
~ Gimli and Legolas confirming their frienship at the final battle
~ The look on Arwen's face when she realizes that she could have a son
~ The way Aragorn accepts the weight and responsibilities of the crown before he turns around
~ Sam carrying Frodo up the mountain
I loved the whole movie, but I'll stop now.
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 07:11
I've got lots too, but here are my faves...

~Frodo's face when he turns around and smiles at the hobbits at the Grey Havens... :love: :cry:
~Galadriel looks really pretty in all her short scenes in the movie (Shelob's Lair, the Grey Havens) cause her smile there looks beautiful.
~Frodo trapped in the web at Shelob's Lair, unable to move. Really, really scary.
~Sam crying after Frodo says, "No Sam. It's you." :cry: :cry: :cry:
~Merry and Pip dancing on the tabletop, tipsy and drunk.
~And Merry and Pip at Isengard at the beginning of the movie, again tipsy and drunk. "The salted pork is especially nice..." Lol!
~Legolas's taking down of the Mumakil. I mean, wow.
~And when the orc at Pelennor Fields turns around and he's only got one eye, the other is just a socket.

I think that's just about it...
bowser1918
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 07:13
My favorite sceen is Pippin's song. It's totally AWSOME(except wen i sing along. it messes up the moment, lol) Oh, and i liked the houses of healing in the EE. And Aragorn's coronation. And Eowyn and the Witch King. And..... *names every sceen* ^_^
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2004 08:55
My favorite sceen is Pippin's song. It's totally AWSOME(except wen i sing along. it messes up the moment, lol)

Haha! Yeah, me too.

Umm...my fav. scene is when Frodo smiles at Sam, Merry, and Pippin just before he leaves on the boat that sails to the Grey Havens.
_Mouth_of_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2004 09:22
The Battle of Pelennor Fields is one of the most fantastic scenes in Rotk. Also, I love the scene where Frodo, Sam, and Gollum are climbing the stairs near Minus Morgul. I love the way the sound implodes right as the Witch-king deploys his troops.
bookwormbethm
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2004 08:04
In the EE, I love the scene where Eomer sees Eowyn. Here he is, the new king who's just won a battle, but his only concern is his sister. *sniff*

I also love the beacon-lighting scene - goosebumps every time!
Eruantalincë
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 31, 2004 09:36
Just want to add a few more scenes:
* the whole added Faramir-Denethor stuff
* when Éomer finds Éowyn on the battle field and when Éomer looks at Aragorn in the Houses of Healing (both kings, but hie is despairing and all his hopes lie in that king, still clothed as ranger)
* Gandalf's look on his face when he is told by MoS that Frodo is dead (of course we know he is not, but they do not, not at that point)
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2005 03:45
Well lets see??

Gandalf sitting in on the side one of the roads of Minas Tirith looking totally hopeless and tired, like he can't do anything.

Sam and Frodo hugging each other at the end Frodo: "I'm glad your here with me Sam, at the end of all things."

The look on that hobbits face when they all come back in their fancy outfits!!!!

Pippins song of course!

Frodo kissing Sam on the head! I'm glad they put that in!

And the shot of the Witch King on his beast.

HerenyeofRohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2005 02:02
Well, since I have the EE (:heart I'll add some more scenes
Pip and Faramir talking- I love this part! It's nice to see more of their 'friendship'
The Mouth of Sauron. I nearly applauded when Aragorn finally killed him. (His teeth make a lasting impression too )
Merry offering his sword to Theoden. His face when it is accepted...
Elvish4ever97
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2005 04:01
sorry, the one I said was from FOTR. I didn't know this was just for ROTK. In that case any thing from the look on sam and frodo's faces when they see eachother in the houses of healing to the very end hugging hobbits scene.
MrsTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2005 05:01
hmmm some of mine were:

-the scene where pippin and gandalf were talking and pippin says: "I didn't think it would end this way.." You all know the rest

--Theodens death.

-Everyone bowing to the hobbits.

-And at sam and rosies wedding when pippin catches the flowers and raises his eyebrows and the girl beside him....oh how I wish to be that hobbit....haha

-Sauron's tower falling to the ground.

-oh yeah, and Pip's song

-Pip leaving with gandalf.:cry:

From the EE:

-Pip and Faramir talking.

-Merry and Aragorn talking after Pippin and Gandalf leave.

-Eowyn and Faramir
~elvenflower~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2005 03:53
mine would probably be:

when frodo is hanging off the edge of mount doom and sam says "don't you let go" and the expression on frodo's face is so real,everytime i watch it i find myself holding my breath even though i know wat happens.

and when eowyn says to merry "courage merry, courage for our friends" or something along those lines:love:
Reichiru
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2005 09:30
-Pippin's song
-When Rohan finally showed up to Minas Tirith. I love it when they come up over the hill.
-Eowyn whipping off that awful helmet and saying "I am no man." You gotta love stuff like that!
-Pippin and Merry being separated :cry:
-The scene between Frodo and Sam up on Mount Doom... :cry:
-When Aragorn says "For Frodo" and Merry and Pippin are the first to run out after him to the gate
-Seeing the ship sail off at the end
-The ending credits with the pictures and "Into the West" playing... man... I tear up everytime I hear that song... and I have it on a CD in my car. Prolly not the best place to have an emotional breakdown.
hobbitnamedeliza
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2005 06:40
Let's see...I'll pick

1. Pippin's song
2. Gandalf's description of the undying lands to comfort Pippin
3. Theoden's death scene with Eowyn
4. Sam cradling Frodo on Mt. Doom "Do you remember the taste of Strawberries..."
5. "Don't you let go.... Don't let go..."
6. Aragorn kneeling to the hobbits
7. Frodo embracing his dear cousins and Sam as he took his leave from Middle Earth.

[Edited on 6/1/2005 by hobbitnamedeliza]
ElendilOfGondor
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2005 05:53
I have many but the most memorable has to be the Charge of the Rohirrim. LOTR (all the trilogy) is the only film(s) that has ever made me cry in my life. But it was a manly cry. The kind where you get all misty eyed and watery-eyed, but dont actually cry.:cry:.......anyway........Just yknow, the host of rohan charging onto the pelennor through a cloud of black arrows, shouting death (they should have had one singular cry of death as they charged like in the book, then I seriously would have cried). Sniffle.
Steorra
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2005 06:55
(most of these will be quotes since I gotta go soon)

~Well, of course, the part with Pippin singing while Faramir and his men ride to Osgiliath. I think that was one of the most powerful scenes I've ever seen, great job PJ.

~The part where the men are riding down the streets of Minas Tirith and the women are throwing flowers down before their feet.

~"For Frodo". That was awesome. ^_^

~"I am no man."

~"I'm glad I'm with you, Samwise Gamgee. Here at the end of all things."

~"Become who you were born to be."

~When Gandalf says "So passes Denethor son of Echthelion". Sorry if I didn't spell it right. ^^;;
Josephine_jfh
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2005 01:24
House of Healing--when Faramir saw Eowyn for the first sight, at the same time, the song just sang, "..I wish I could hold you...closer..."
It just shows his feeling. What a perfect match!!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email