Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
TheRealSlugger
Council Member
Send Message
Post Most Memorable image of ROTK
on: December 18, 2003 06:58
What was your most memorable moment from ROTK? The image that stayed in your mind long after the credits...I have three:

The shot of Frodo and Sam walking after they have taken off the orc gear...they have no food or protection whatsoever and it is so obvious they have lost hope.

The shot of Frodo caught in the web, his feet not even touching the ground. Simply terrorized me.

Aragorn, whispering "for Frodo..."...brilliant.
eowynshue
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Most Memorable image of ROTK
on: December 18, 2003 08:50
i've had the image of the ship sailing out from the grey havens in my head all day. its a beautiful scene
elvenqueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2003 09:19
A few of them for me...
~Sam carrying Frodo up Mt. Doom
~Sam saying goodbye to Frodo as he gets on the ship for the Havens
~Aragorn seeing Arwen right after he's crowned - I love that!

There's sooo much..it just keeps running in my head.
Mirfaen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2003 10:02
All the main characters' expressions before the final confrontation outside the Black Gates.
Not to mention Legolas trying to fight his way through the crowd to reach Aragorn - the look on his face! Was a good inclusion to show how even Legolas (usually Mr Calm and Collected) is despairing by the end of the battle.
And the hobbits' faces when the whole of Gondor bows down to them!
... each image starts off another! Hehe. But those are the main ones.

[Edited on 18/12/2003 by Mirfaen]
Glîrwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2003 11:10
Definately when Arwen comes from behind the banner during Aragorn's coronation. I gasped and held my breath for about 2 minutes! The kiss was perfect too.....:heart:
Linithiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2003 11:53
Frodo and Sam lying on Mount Doom after throwing the Ring in. So sad and dramatic :cry:
~Aranel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2003 12:25
Mine would definately have to be when Sam carried Frodo up Mount Doom.
"I can't carry the Ring for you Mr. Frodo....but I can carry you." I thought that was just wonderful. It just shows what Sam would do to help rid his Master of this burden. I admit that I had a tear in my eye at that point, just simply perfect.
neowyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2003 01:24
To me, the greatest ones are

- Pippin singing whila Famamir goes to his death, and Denethor eats liked he didn't care about anything

- Pippin and Merry being the first ones to run to battle after Aragorn says, "for Frodo"

- The Rohirrim running towards death at the Pelennor fields

_ Everyone bowing to the hobbits

- Sam carrying Frodo

- Eowyn taking her helmet off at the battle field, facing the Witch King
TheSuperhobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2003 02:07
- Frodo's face when he says 'The Ring is mine', and then Sam's face in reaction to it. Even though I knew what was going to happen, it tore me up inside emotionally, like a lot of the film did.

- Ewoyn and Merry taking on the Witch King, probably in particular the image of her falling down to her knees after driving the sword into his face.

- Shelob crawling above Frodo after he thinks he's escaped, the second Torech Ungol section. I could feel the audience wanting to scream at him to look up, it was excruciating. My heart was racing then, it was absolutely terrifying.

- Legolas on the Oliphaunt. Not so sure if it was *too* acrobatic and silly, but I loved it at the time, and Gimli's line at the end was great. It was certainly memorable anyway.

- The ship sailing off at the end, obviously, but also Sam at the very end, with his family.

I don't think I'll get to the cinema to see it a second time, so the wait for the DVD will be excruciating. I want to see all this stuff again. No waiting for the EE this time, I'll have rent the theatrical earlier on...
iLikeLOTRaLittle2much
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2003 04:24
~Frodo's face when he's being carried off by the Eagle. I've been running that shot over and over in my head ever since I saw it.

~When everyone bowed down to the Hobbits. Absolutely wonderful.

~"Not if I stick you first!"

~"I am no man!"

~Sam talking to Frodo about the Shire followed by Sam carrying Frodo. My favorite part!

~The Grey Havens. Everything about it. Wow.
elven_angel22
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2003 04:43
I have quite a few of them.

-Arwen and Aragorn's meeting:heart:

-Mount Doom:cry:

-Pippin's Song-so beautiful!

-Eowyn and the Witch King's scene

-The lighting of the Beacons

-The Grey Havens:cry:
Roheryn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2003 07:12
Frodo's face when:

- He sees Galadriel in the vision
- He says 'The Ring is Mine'
- He realizes Sam was right and that Gollum has betrayed him
- Sam is holding him in his arms and he can't remember the Shire, the taste of food, the sound of water
- he is looking up at Sam after he fell over the ledge and he is wanting to just let go
- he turns to look at the other hobbits as he's boarding the ship (I couldn't believe how truly beautiful he looked)

fearful, confused, evil, shattered, and at peace; perfection and beauty all wonderfully done by the charming Mr. Wood

The sounds that sticks with me are Billy's voice singing while the men of Gondor ride to their deaths, 'Grond' repeated over and over and over by the Mordor host; the last song 'Into the West'
iLikeLOTRaLittle2much
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2003 07:24
- he turns to look at the other hobbits as he's boarding the ship (I couldn't believe how truly beautiful he looked)

Oh, I know! That smile just KILLED ME! It could not have been any more perfect!
Cate
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2003 09:48
Here's mine :

- The lighting of the beakons.
- Frodo's smile to the other hobbits when he's on the ship to the GH.
- Eowyn pulling off her helmet in front of the Witch-King.
- Those heads being flung into MT at the start of the BOPF (eew)
- Arwen appearing at Aragorn's coronation.
- Everyone bowing to the hobbits.
- The Mount Doom scene.

These have stuck after only seeing it once...well, first to come to mind anyway, or things I won't forget (ep. #4, eww, and so sad! For the people who lost their heads and the ones being hit by them)

[Edited on 19/12/2003 by Cate]
Eruantalincë
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 05:24
The total movie.

* Merry's face when Pippin's taking off with Gandalf
* Faramir's face just before he's leaving to Osgilliath for a hopeless fight:cry: and Denethor, eating like a pig:angry:
* Théoden's face when he sees that the Witch King was slain by Éowyn
* Sam saying "I can't carry the Ring for you, but I can carry you"
* Aragorn's face when he sees Arwen at the coronation:love:
* Sam when he finally desides to talk to Rosie:love:

Erm, did I mention 'the total movie'?
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 06:23
Probably the look on Faramir's face when Denethor acknowledges that he would have preferred that Boromir live and Faramir die, and Pippin's reaction as he is witnessing the two of them.
mallow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 10:55
the one image that sticks in my mind is when as farmir is of to his death and denthor is eating and the cherry bursts and it looks like blood spurting everywhere as he has sent his son to death, i felt disgusted.
Also smeagol eating the raw fish equally disgusting.
Smeagol falling into mnt doom and smeagols evil grin at sam when frodo trusts smeagol more than sam.
RangerAragorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 11:21
-the rohirrim charge at the feilds
-the grey havens
-the rings destruction
-faramirs charge
juhsstin
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 12:29
i love the look on aragorn's face as they are all riding to the gates of mordor for the final battle. he's got his sideburns tied back and that facial expression... can't describe it. but it captures the moment so well for me
ShyHobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 01:41
I've only seen it once, and the image that will not leave me is that of Frodo and Sam lying on that boulder in Mordor post-Ring destruction. The music during that scene... wow. So powerful and hopeless and sad :cry:
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 02:03
Lol during the coronation when Faramir and Eowyn smile at each other!!!
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: December 20, 2003 09:32
God, so many...

- Merry running after Pippin, watching him leave
- Pippin singing to Denethor
- Faramir crying in front of his father
- Faramir being dragged back into the citadel by his horse
- Gandalf awaiting battle inside the city, just sitting there
- Sam crying when he's being left behind
- Shelob re-appearing
- the fellbeast up-close (amazingly cute)
- the Witch-King flying over his troops, shrieking
- Éowyn crying 'Death!'
- Sam carrying Frodo to Mount Doom
- the appearance of the Eagles after the Ring was destroyed
- the look on Aragorn's face just after he's crowned
- the entire audience of the coronation bowing to the Hobbits
- Frodo smiling when he's entered the ship to the West
Legolas{Greenleaf}
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2003 09:38
*Spoilers obviously*

Mount Doom in a whole was a wonderful scene. But what touched me most is when Frodo and Gollum both fell over the edge. I gasped and clutched my arm rests. I held my breath as Gollum and the Ring finally came to an end. Sam struggled to the ledge and we see that Frodo had clung to the side with his blood covered hand. He looks up and he just wants to let go and be free of all the torment. The next line brought tears to my eyes.

"Don't you let go!" Sean Astin did a wonderful job delivering that line. :cry:

Peace~

[Edited on 20/12/2003 by Legolas{Greenleaf}]
Aragorn_Of_Gondor
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2003 03:26
-the part where Arwen shows up after Aragorn's crowning. plus the kiss... :blush:
-when Aragorn, arwen and the ppl of Gondor bow before the hobbits.
-the whole Grey Havens scene.
-the image of Arwen and Aragorn's son... wow...

I was just...whoa man...and then it all came out... ROTK is the best of the Trilogy!
FallenAngel26
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 20, 2003 05:40
All of my favorites have already been posted, but one of the most amazing shots was when Gandalf used his staff to scare off the Wraiths. And the music that went with it!!!!!
Pippin12
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2003 05:51
The Scenes that i can't stop thinking about are..

~When Arwen see's her Son with Aragorn.
~When Merry is chasing after Pippin when he leaves with Gandalf....the music was so said, made me cry.
~The retreat from Osgiliath with Gandalf riding towards them with his staff and it shines that white light....awesome!
~Pippin's Song when Faramir and others are riding towards death.
~The whole battle scene at Minas Tirith.
~The look on Theoden's face when he see's the Witch-King on the Nazgul...how it's in slow motion.
~When Sam is crying when Frodo told him to go home.
~When Pippin and Merry charge towards Mordor before Aragorn says 'For Frodo'.
~When Arwen and Aragorn meet again when he is made king.
~The whole scene with the Grey Havens.

The movie was wonderful...period. Every scene i loved!!

~Pippin~
Plantagenet
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2003 12:41
mine are:

- Gandalf crying first of happiness, when he relises Frodo has done it, and then when he thinks Frodo and sam die

- Pipin's song

- Gollum falling

- and last but not least: teh crowd bowing for the 4 Hobits
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: December 22, 2003 09:42
*Arwen envisions her son with Aragorn--the look on the boy's face so plaintive as she realizes that if she chooses to go, he will never have life

* Elrond delivers The Flame of the West to Aragorn

*The death of Theoden, as he tells Eowyn he is no longer ashamed to appear before his fathers ::sniff sniff::

*Gandalf talks to Pippin about what death really is--even more poignant because of the huge, flourishing potted geranium in the background, a symbol of life in the midst of almost inescapable doom

*Aragorn enters the Paths of the Dead--"I do not fear death!"

*Aragorn identifies himself as King of Gondor before the Army of the Dead, and presses them into service

*The look on Lord Elrond's face as Aragorn and Arwen are reunited--he is genuinely moved by their happiness, but almost overcome with grief as he realizes he must relinquish her forever

*Bilbo asks to see the Ring again

*Frodo hands over the Red Book to Sam at the GH and Sam realizes Frodo is leaving with the Elves

"Well, I'm back."

Oh, and I mustn't forget Annie Lennox singing "Into the West" during the credits!
iLikeLOTRaLittle2much
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2003 12:02
Each time I see it, a new image gets stuck in my head. The first time (well... second time I saw it, first time I got a scene stuck in my head) it was Frodo as the Eagles are carrying him off, but now it's Gandalf sitting and pondering in the streets of Gondor after Pippin sings his song.
Skye
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2003 06:47
All of my most memorable parts have already been said except this one, unless I overlooked it...

After the Ring has been destroyed, Frodo and Sam run out of Mt. Doom onto the island of rock and lava is pouring past them... Frodo is himself again, and Sam cries saying Rosie "would've" been the girl he'd have married; it's so sad because they think they're going to die! When they kind of hug and lean their heads together, that image is stuck in my head. :cry:
we_wantsss_Aragorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2003 09:14
The kiss, especially the look in Aragorn's eyes after: the "finally, you're here with me, how I love you"look If anyone has a picture of that, please pm me a link! Merry and Pippin yelling "Frodo", Arwen's vision, Gandalf beating the crap out of Denethor, Denethor falling from Minas Tirith, burning are some memorable ones for mee, too.
drunken_elf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 26, 2003 01:33
I have to agree with most of you...the whole movie is one memorable image for me though! So here's my list at first viewing:
Pippin's song - enough said!
Pippin's face after Gandalf tells him about death and he says "Well that doesn't sound too bad..."
Merry and Pippin run towards Mordor after Aragorn's "For Frodo" - one of the (many) most beautiful moments of the film. I love the way PJ has portrayed the overwhelming love the hobbits have for each other.
Grey Havens - each of the hobbits hugging Frodo...*sniff*
The coronation audience bowing to the four hobbits - the look on their faces says it all!
and much much more....but you can see most of them revolved around the hobbits
Naurlas
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 26, 2003 02:24
So many...but these are the ones I keep seeing.

The moment when Sam thinks Frodo is dead and says "Don't go where I can't follow" - it slayed me!

The incredible look of hurt and pain on Faramir's face as he stands in front of Denethor when he says that he wishes he was dead instead of Boromir.

Elrond leaning down to whisper in Arwen's ear at the coronation. The combined look of happiness and pain was perfect!

And catching various members of the movie crew in costume..most excellent!

Tinuvien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2003 05:10
I had so many...

*When Sam let Frodo eat the food, and not him.
aww..*sniffs*
*The Arwen and her beautiful-little-boy scene. Gosh, was he cute or what :love::heart::drool:blush:. It made me tear up, but it was a beautiful scene.
*The lighting of the beacons. It was really breathtaking to me:love:.
*When Frodo tells Sam to go home:cry::blush::cry::blush:! That tore me up.
*I loved this one, just b/c it was not expected by me: when Eowyn and Theoden are talking, how he says he wants to see her smile again and then pulls her head towrds his.:love:Very emotional.(And I'm not really a Eowyn or Theoden fan).:blush:
*When Merry and Pip leave eachother *sniffs*
*At the end, when Aragorn turns around so very slowly, and I didn't expect it, and says "For Frodo". :blush::love::cry: And he was teary , too.
*When Sam and Frodo are together at the end: all those end parts. Too much for me . :cry: Especially when he says:"Don't go where I can't follow,Mr. Frodo,"I thought I would burst with emotions.
*When all of the Fellowship is finally joined again, and that gorgeous music plays. WOW. :blush:
*At the end, when Frodo looks like he knows he's leaving the whole time, and how Sam holds on to him soo soo long. I am almost tearing up hearing and thinking about it b/c I love Sam and Frodo. Then Sam kisses him. :cry::love::love::cry:
Those are ine for now. The most beautiful ones. But I loved it. Go PJ.

[Edited on 27/12/2003 by Tinuvien]
dark_lord
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2003 07:14
hmmm....
- Arwen's vision of Aragorn and her son
- When Frodo says "The ring its mine"
- Eowyn cutting off the fell beast's head
- Pippin singing
- When Frodo tells Sam to go home
- When Denethor says that it'll be better if Boromir lived and Faramir had died :cry: very sad
well, I guess this is enough, or I'll continue forever
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email