Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First89101112Last >>
Author Topic:
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
Oh Belle how sad but you gave her a good home and love and so she had a good life when she came to you. Hugs to you.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
So sorry to hear about both of your losses...I know one can never completely get over the loss of a pet and friend. Hugs for both of you.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
For your daily dose of adorableness, I finally got to work today (we've had a rather long Christmas break). The cat there, Nicki, was thrilled to finally have company again (he lives with the caretaker next door & is an indoor/outdoor cat). He sat on my lap for several minutes like about 4 times & purred & kept me warm. I think he missed me! And of course, he begged for treats from everyone. He's truly a sweetheart, although he gets rather upset if you don't give him treats when he commands it. I should take a picture of him...Oh, & he actually was a stray; he appeared there around 6-7 years ago & was probably about 6 months old then, give or take. Since then, he's become a very personable creature, although he doesn't like children.
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
How nice that Nicki has so many people watching over him. Post a picture of him.

Here is a pic of Khaleesi in her basket. She is such a joy and all my other cats tolerate her quite well.

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Khaleesi is so beautiful, Lindarielwen! I am sure she loves her basket of sparkling things.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks, Maxie! Even kittens need things that sparkle! ^..^
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Khaleesi is getting bigger!
I have completely forgotten to confiscate the camera & take a picture of Nicki! Hopefully I will remember that the next time I work. And believe me, he soaks up the attention like crazy! He has certain people, like me, wrapped around his little finger & is a bit chubby from all the treats we give him. He was really funny the other day; I unfortunately was busy with something & it was too inconvenient for him to sit on my lap. So he was upset with me for that, & he had several people give him treats on many occasions, but he was completely unsatisfied & kept batting at ours legs so we would give him more! He never really hurts when he does that; it's just an expression of his adorable anger. So he's very spoiled! Thankfully my Caspian hasn't quite gotten to that point yet lol
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, Khaleesi is such a beautiful darling! I just want to come and pet that pretty little kitty.

Blue, Nicki sounds like such a cute rascal!
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Khaleesi is such a gorgeous baby girl, Lindarielwen! I'm so glad the other kitties get along with her.

Nicki sounds so adorable, Blue!

Our cats seem to be getting fatter and fatter every time I go outside! This is partially due to their winter coats, but I believe they all enjoy their food a little too much. Though I am sure they would disagree.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
I finally got some pictures of Nicki! ~in sarcastic tone~ he's very photogenic
He wanted to be petted instead of having a strange contraption stuck in his face, so this first pic is a side view, but hey you can see his lovely pattern!

I'll try to post another pic later but photobucket is bring annoying & won't let me edit it, so it might be a while. But that one's actually better, even though I couldn't look while I took it!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Nicki is adorable, Blue!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Nice picture! I must try and get a couple of new ones of my boys. They don't stay still very long.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
E~S, I would love to see how they have grown.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks! Here's another picture of him so you can see his sweet little face! You might notice my hand on his back & my knee where I had to pet him to keep him still for a second. (I'm wearing fingerless gloves I made in case anyone wonders; that's the furry colorfulness that looks like Sully in Monsters Inc.) Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
His markings are so unique and what great eyes he has! How nice that he has people to look after him. ^..^

BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Yes! He eats it up lol He came as a stray & was adopted by the caretaker, & now he comes & pretty much everyone gives him at least a bit of love.
Just don't tell Caspian I posted his pictures on here! He'd be very jealous of Nicki. But the weird thing is, he doesn't seem to mind when I come home & have his fur all over me where's he's been sitting (& shedding!) on my lap. I guess he realizes that cat doesn't live anywhere near us so Caspian is safe. Then again, Nicki doesn't mind Caspy's smell either. I wonder if that's normal...lol
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
So, Caspian has been acting really weird lately. He totally loves my bathrobe & will knead it in this funny scrunched up position, moving all over the thing, while purring like crazy. He does this for a good 20 minutes at a time, usually, and now he's added something new. If I'm around, he will just randomly look at me and meow. He doesn't want to be petted so I just meow back at him. He sounds almost perturbed when he does it and I can't figure out what he wants! Anyone else had this experience?
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Frequently. I'm not well-versed in cat, but I think you are right that they want something (food? out?) and are frustrated with their humans that we can't figure it out. I have meowing sessions with both my kitties, sometimes for that amount of time as well. Sometimes it seems they just like that. I've read somewhere a long time ago that cats don't do that with each other as adults, but that kittens communicate with their mother that way. So, if that's true, we are their surrogate parents. The kneading behavior, from what I understand, marks us as their (or whatever they're doing it on) as is rubbing against us. LOL
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Khaleesi is growing up, This is her version of playing peek-a-boo.

Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
H E L L O? Khaleesi sure has some huge ears! The only wild cat that comes to my memory with such large ears compared to the head is the African serval cat.
Her hearing must be awesome!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
So many people talk to me when I take Khaleesi out and most of them tell me she looks Egyptian. Her past is unknown except she was found in a field with 2 siblings and she was the only solid white of the litter.

Her ears are big and her legs are long and she will be 8 months old soon.

As you can see, she loves to climb as high as she can get.

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
My Grizzabella would have been 18 years old today.

I took this picture with a filter that only lets the blue show through. I wish I thought to use a yellow filter, then only her eyes would have come out. Too late now.

Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
How sweet! Image

But that must have been a wide-angle lens, her paws are too small and her head too large. Her ears were smaller than Khaleesi's, I would guess?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Aww, how sweet!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Gando, I have no clue what caused the pic to come out like that. I just have my little Canon. Grizabella was sitting on the table and I just took the shot. I didn't do anything different from how I take all my pics. I have one of Khaleesi that sort of turned out the same way. And yeah, Grizabella's ears were smaller than Khaleesi's.

Thanks, Gando and Maxie, Grizabella was really sweet.

Oh, and by filter I mean there is a little thing on the menu I push for the colour. It can take only green, or blue or yellow but I can't make it do it anymore. Forgot how.
BelleBayard
Send Message
I think it's perspective most likely. The camera was probably tilted slightly down to get all of her and thus the closest object (her head) looks larger than than the furthest (her paws). It's so hard when they move on without us. She was a lovely cat. I'm sure she's waiting for you, Lindarielwen. I know my animals are there in the Summerlands, playing with each other and patiently waiting for the day when I finally set sail.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, I agree Belle, perspective is the key.

Thank you for your kind words, Belle. You always say things that mean so much to me ^..^
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
This is Khaleesi from above. I like the one of Grizabella though, it is more interesting. Khaleesi is 3 months old here, she is now almost 9 months old...where has the time gone?

[Edited on 06/10/2015 by Lindarielwen]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Khaleesi is a year old today. According to my vet, she was born in a field across the street from his office. There were 2 other female kitties in the litter. Mommy cat and the other 2 are also now in forever homes.

Happy Birthday, my beautiful little girl. You are a joy in my life. (and no, she did not eat all that cake)

Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Image ..... what a beautiful girl!
BelleBayard
Send Message
Heh... I had a white cat many years ago. Named him Fiend. People couldn't understand why. I told them they would have to be there at 2 a.m. when he raced around my apartment and over my head repeatedly! LOL... She's a beauty, Lindarielwen!
Elweth
Council Member
Send Message
Such beautiful cats! I have two cats - Ghost and Plato. Ghost found his way into the garage about 2 years ago and has lived there ever since. He's very cute. Plato is an inside cat...he was found in the bottom of a boat in the middle of nowhere, apparently abandoned. He was a scrawny little fellow when I "rescued" him a year and a half ago. Smart little bugger, hence his name. He's very clingy/doesn't like to be left alone, especially when he was a kitten. He hid my keys during his first few days with me to keep me from leaving. He's since grown into a beautiful specimen of a cat, and still as cunning as ever. I would love to share some photos of them, but Ghost will never stay still and Plato doesn't like having his picture taken.
Member of the blessed realm of Ulmo, Lord of the Waters
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Khaleesi sends a meowy "thank you" to all.

Elweth, take some pictures of Ghost and Plato while they are sleeping. We would all love to see them.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Mickey Meows came to live in my house 10 years ago. It is hard to believe he is gone. He was such a gentle, loving sweet kitty.

<< First89101112Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email