Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First7891011Last >>
Author Topic:
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
My best guess right now is the Bengal cat.
They said something about asian leopard, may have forgotten to say cat at the end.
I might have overheard them saying it.
But on such topics I usually pay very sharp attention to fine differences.
Marking seems to indicate Bengal, and he does not have the big Serval ears.
We shall see. He's a cute rascal and a powerful jumper, at any rate.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, the Bengal sound more likely to me too! He sounds adorable!
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
This is my new kitty in the wicker buggy I use for all my new babies. That is Drago with her. She now has a name. Her name breaks the *Bella* tradition. She is Khaleesi.

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Aw, she is adorable! Please give her a cuddle from me!
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
She is adorable, Lindarielwen! Khaleesi sounds familiar...Game of Thrones, maybe?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Love the picture! Nice name, too!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
She is definitely a princess and her name is perfect.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I thank all of you for your sweet comments about my Khaleesi. Seems we have some Game of Thrones viewers here.. Daenerys Targaryen is my favourite character on that show along with those 3 dragons of hers plus I like the sound of *Khaleesi* and the meaning of it. A perfect name for my new kitty.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Your Khaleesi is precious! I do not watch Game of Thrones, so could you tell me what it means?
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13, NIV I'm a fanfiction writer and appreciate reviews! Check me out at https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6434280/BlueberryMuffins76
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Rather than try to explain Game of Thrones, I will suggest that you look it up online. I can tell you that it is a fantasy drama involving 7 Houses trying to gain control of the Iron Throne. It has adult content.

Thank you for your comment on my kitty. My Khaleesi is making herself right at home with her new brothers and sisters. She is so tiny and barely weighs a pound. I take her everywhere I go and today she went with me to vote.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Today is has been one year since my beautiful Grizabella crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. I feel the loss today as strongly as I did a year ago.

I will always have you in my heart, Grizabella

BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Aw! Grizzabella was a beauty! I am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a pet. I miss all the cats I have lost too; I think we always will.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I read the A Song of Ice and Fire book series. I will not view the show.

All of your cats are beautiful, Lindarielwen. I shall hope to see them for myself one day.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
She's a beauty, Lindarielwen. I know you never forget any of them when they leave you. Although they are no longer physically with you, mentally and emotionally they remain where they've always been: firmly in your heart.

Princess Khaleesi will, undoubtedly, give you many hours of pleasure and affection.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you everyone for your sweet words. I will tell you though, I have seen a fleeting white shadow running across the room more than once.

Khaleesi is such a joy. She is learning to climb the cat tree and she loves chasing the other cats all over the house. They are tolerating her quite well.

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I, too, am deeply sorry for you loss, Lindarielwen. Grizabella is so beautiful.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
<3 I am sorry Lindarielwen! She was a great kitty!
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Does anyone else have a moochy cat? Caspian always wants to check out whatever I have to eat or drink. Most of the time he turns away with obvious disdain. As I ate lunch today, I let him sniff my cinnamon bread, thinking he would hate it due to the cinnamon. He surprised me when he took a bite & then begged for more! He's so silly. I try not to let him have that much people food, but it is so hard to resist that sweet little face!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
My Tinker Belle loved green olives. I understand most cats do. None of mine eat people food. I have never really offered it to them. They sniff at the dishes, but do not even try to eat it.

All of my mother's cats ate people food. They would gather in a circle around her as she ate....waiting for a morsel.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Interesting! I had no idea cats like green olives! Caspy is picky about his people food but wants to sniff everything just to make sure. He surprised me one day when he took a piece from my butterscotch cookie!
That's cute! Caspian likes to stare too. And Nicki (he's the resident cat where I work)will sometimes stare but usually just ignores people, unless they have yogurt.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
They will roll the olive around before they eat it. Seems like Caspian has a sweet tooth!

This is Khaleesi *helping* unwrap Christmas decorations

[Edited on 12/08/2014 by Lindarielwen]
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, I think Caspy probably takes after his owners, who love sugar lol He will eat ice cream too and loves chocolate, but I try not to give it to him. He's even eaten potato chips before, probably BBQ flavor.
How adorable! Khaleesi has grown! She sure is a beauty. Have you seen the picture and video about big cats liking boxes too? It features lions, tigers, and other wild large cats (I think there's even a bobcat and a lynx) playing with various sized boxes. Your picture reminded me of that, and that cats just love to be in whatever you do, whether you want them there or not!
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
A bit of Christmas humour ....

Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
I love your kitty, Lindarielwen! So cute!
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Blue, I have seen that video and just love it.

Thank you, Mel. Khaleesi had a wonderful Christmas. She helped pick out the tree and wrap presents. Her favourite gift is a white furry bird with a long feather for a tail.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
My Mickey Meows has been gone a year this day. Such a joy he was....he never left my side...he followed me everywhere in the house and he was so good natured. He never minded when I put his bandana on him and he did like getting stuff piled on him.

I miss you, my Mousey

BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
How adorable! I'm so sorry for your loss, Lindarielwen.
I still miss my Gandalf; he was always the most affectionate cat, and so was Gimli. My Gandalf would run up to me, so I'd squat down and he jump in my lap, then onto my shoulder like a parrot.
Gimli loved to sit in my lap. Both kittens would purr like crazy. They've both been gone I think about 4 years as well (my life has been busy so I haven't kept very good track of the time!).
Caspy pretty much never sits in my lap, even if he's probably the funniest kitty in the world. I still love him to pieces lol
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
What a lovely, boy, Lindarielwen. My Seamus came to live with me in January 1998 and is still with me. The kittens will be 6 months old on the 5th and are providing me with a lot of laughter and joy.

Happy New Year to all cat lovers!
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Lost Max one day when he escaped the house and never returned back around 1991. My first cat that was totally mine I called Fiend, pure white with a bend at the very end of his tail. Passed away many, many years ago (got him in 1974). Rosie (after Rosie Cotton) went missing about 3 years ago on Halloween night. Dalton wasted away and then went out, never to return. It's the nature of cats and dogs to not live as long as us, so we only share our lives with them for a brief, but bright and wonderful time. Miss Kitty, my calico, has got to be at least 16 if not older. Sunshine is about 4 years old as of about April of next year. I know this because just before my son joined the Navy in May 2011 the kitten showed up on our doorstep and became part of our family.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, it is so sad that animals don't live as long as humans (well, for the most part!). I'm sorry for everyone's losses!
And congratulations on the kittens! They are always so much fun, although when my family had the six kittens it was a lot of work too! However, it was worth every second.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Well, chalk up another loss. The tortoise shell kitty died out in the grass today. Came home to her cold, stiff body all curled up like she just fell asleep in the sun. I'm afraid her kidneys and/or liver probably were shot after nearly starving to death. Truly surprised she lived as long as she did. At least we gave her shelter, food, water, and affection before she moved on to the Summerlands. RIP, little one.
BlueberryMuffins76
Council Member
Send Message
I'm so sorry, Belle! It's never easy to lose a pet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, Belle, I am so sorry. You gave her what she needed though and love most of all. It is good you found her instead of her just disappearing and never coming back. She was happy with you.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Belle, that is so sad! I am so sorry for your loss.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
So sorry to hear about the loss of your cat, Belle.
<< First7891011Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email