Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First56789Last >>
Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
And so the cat sleeps on... Cute picture, tarcolan.

Enjoy your new kitty, EthelynnGreenleaf.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I went to Rome recently, and there were lots of cats everywhere, amongst all of the ruins... they kept coming up to us trying to steal our sandwiches... they were so adorable!
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
My beautiful, beautiful Grizabella died in my arms this morning. I held her close as we sat by an open window so she could feel the gentle breeze and hear the soft sound of wind chimes. I sang to her and told her stories about her life with me. Our journey together began 16 years ago when I was in a pet store and saw this little ball of white fluff dancing around. I knew she would be mine the instant I saw her, or maybe it was the other way around, I was hers.

Be at peace now, my Princess, my Baby, my Love.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
So sorry, Lindarielwen. I hope she went without pain. I still miss all the kitties, doggies, and horses I have had in my life that have passed into the Summerlands. I know they are playing with each other and await my coming in the future. So hard to lose them in the here and now.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you for your kind words, BelleBayard. Grizabella was very peaceful in my arms. She gave a soft mew and then I felt her head get heavy on my shoulder and I knew she was gone.

I have never heard of "Summerlands". I like the sound of it. I believe our beloved pets are all happy and healthy and are waiting for us to join them. Oh, there will be so many waiting for me!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I'm so sorry, Lindarielwen! *hugs* Yes, it is always so hard to lose pets.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you for your kindness, dear Mareth_Ravenlock. All my cats are more than four legs and tails to me, they are my children.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
And no one would ever wish for that to change... and when you all meet again, they will be able to voice their joy, and the love that I know they must return... I'm so sorry.

[Edited on 11/06/2013 by wolfbladequeen]
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
You say such nice things, wolfbladequeen. Thank you ever so much.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
I'm so sorry to hear about your Grizabella. My heart goes out to you, and I'm glad you have other companions to be at your side at this difficult time.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you so much, Evil~Shieldmaiden. Your kind words mean a lot to me. She will be cremated soon and it is very heart warming to watch the others taking turns keeping vigil with her. And then they come and sit on my lap. No one will ever convince me that they do not know what is going on.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
That is so sweet.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The first day of the New Year has brought me great sorrow. I found my wonderful Mickey Meows laying under the Christmas tree barely breathing. I picked him up and he felt cold. His eyes were blank and he could not hold his head up. I wrapped him in a quilt and before I had a chance to think what to do, he shivered and was gone.

I am so not believing this happened. He was at the vet on Monday and his diabetes was under control. He was wearing his harness and had his Santa hat on and his jingle bell collar. Everyone in the waiting room talked to him. He sat quietly at my feet and seemed to think the panting dogs were so silly. His doctor had the tech take pictures of him with Mickey Meows. And now my little boy is gone. Blink of an eye. I am glad I had a chance to hold him before he died.

Goodbye, my Mousie. I will miss you until the end of my days. Then we will be together again.

[Edited on 01/02/2014 by Lindarielwen]
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I know words don't feel like they help much, but for what it's worth, I'm very sorry. Rest in peace, Mickey Meows. *hugs Lindarielwen*
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you dear Mareth_Ravenlock. I have lost many of my fur kids but not like this. He was fine.
BelleBayard
Send Message
Oh, Lindarielwen! How very sad for you! It must have just been his time, painful as it was for you. At least he was still a bit there to say goodbye. I've lost so many animals over the years and it really never gets any easier. Miss Kitty, my little calico, is getting pretty old. She seems healthy, but so did my Tomasina before she got sick and I had to have her put to sleep. Hard to say what happened. Diabetes is such a hard disease to deal with in humans and cats. May you find him waiting for you in the Summerlands when it's your time as will all your other fur babies. They never leave there, waiting for their humans to come be with them. As Mareth said, virtual hugs to you with this loss.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you for your kind words, BelleBayard. If he was wobbly or something, but he just...was gone. I have to go through this 11 more times. And to think I have been considering getting a kitten. I have changed my mind.

wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I am so sorry for you. But know that now he is safe and can never be hurt again. It is hardest for those left behind... And do not be afraid to be sad, do not hide your tears... You gave him the sort of life that is denied to many, and you can be glad of that... I know you will have done everything you could to have made sure he was happy.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, dear Wolfie, you always say such sweet things. Thank you so much. He was always at my side, he knew I was his Mommy.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
My heartfelt condolences, Lindarielwen. The second time within just two months …

I still carry a bit of a scar from the death of our female Boxer, Bessie, in 1972(!) in the US.
She was only a bit over 2 years old, had been at the vet’s for a few days. When we went to pick her up on the appointed day they said no, she has to stay another day. She was so happy to see us, lively, that I didn’t understand why. Next day, my mother picked her up, she was drowsy and listless (as my mother told me). She then went over to my room and lay down on my bed (she was almost always welcome to wake me up and cuddle up to me in the morning). That’s where my mother found her dead. Rushed off to the vet’s again, but nothing to be done. My last memory of her is the day before at the vet’s

To this day I have the angry suspicion that they messed it up at the vet’s, she WAS supposed to come home on the day before, they got things mixed up and she ended up getting a wrong shot, deadly for her. This was 80 pounds of joyful muscle with a bit of a stomach problem, and seemed utterly fine on the day appointed for her release from the vet’s.

Neither my parents nor I have had a pet since then (though I was a cat-sitter twice for a few days each). Mostly because we did not consider ourselves to be able to provide a home for a pet in the way we would consider the minimum standards (various illnesses in the family), but possibly (in my case anyway) because the fear of loss of what would very definitely be a family member felt too hard to bear. And that loss, as you yourself have said, is pretty much inevitable considering their, compared to us, short life spans. I love animals, and do a lot of feeding of the birds, squirrels and rabbits which show up on the meadow below our balcony.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I am so sorry about your Bessie, Gandolorin. Time does not always heal all wounds.

I feed the birds in several feeders I have around my yard and the ducks get bread every morning. So I feed the ducks and have to scrape one from the road every once in a while because the cars just do not stop. There are times when I wish I did not love the creatures so much, less pain that way. But that is not the way I am.

Thank you for your kind thoughts regarding my dear Mickey Meows. I will not get over losing him for a very long time, if ever.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I think that what matters most, is not getting over it, or learning from it, but remembering. I can't really explain this, but I think memory is the most important. People say that you live on through memory, but I think there is more than that. If loss and death did not hurt us, perhaps we would kill more readily. If we did not care for those who are gone, it would show that we did not care about them when they were alive.
BelleBayard
Send Message
Sharing your life with animals will always bring the pain of loss, given their shorter lifespans. Still, the richness of their presence seems to outweigh the grief when they move on to the next plane of existence. The Summerlands are the Wiccan/Druid version of Heaven and are eternal summer with warm days, plenty of space to run and play and be joyful. I fully expect my two horses, two ferrets, numerous cats and dogs await me there when it is my time to pass over the veil and into the West. Don't give up on a kitten, yet. We lost our beloved Rosie a couple of years ago at Halloween. She was outside that evening and then never came back. Our former tom, Dalton, wasted away before our eyes with kidney disease, then asked to go out to die alone (he was an outdoor kitty). However, he shared his last few days with us, curling up beside us and even the other cats seemed to know he was making his farewells. No hisses, no growls, just understanding nosing. Now we have a young cat we got as a kitten, Sunshine, a longhair yellow and white kitten I think may be a relation to the former tom (who was quite prolific). He is a joy and I do not regret taking him into our home. Painful as it is to lose them as they age and their bodies fail, opening our hearts and our hearths to them is rewarding and good for the soul. Be at peace, my dear and know that when a critter comes along meant for you, you will know and will open your arms to them.

[Edited on 01/03/2014 by BelleBayard]
Flying Elf
Council Member
Send Message
My sadness and wishes with you, Lindarielwen, to lose two in such a short space of time would be heartbreaking.
Home is behind, the world ahead...
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
wolfbladequeen, BelleBayard, and Flying Elf, thank you so much for making me feel better.

Since I moved to Florida in 2007, I have lost Squeaky, Tinker Belle and Jumping Jack Flash (a month apart), Peek-a-Boo, Grizabella and now my Mickey Meows. All but Mickey Meows were older than 14 years. Before I moved to Florida, I lost Happy(my doggie), Magik, Kit Kat, Vanessa, Sabrina, Cracker Jack, Morris, Angel, and Bella Donna. I have lots of little cedar boxes in my home. And there will be more to come.

Thank you, BelleBayard, for telling me of the Summerlands. It makes me happy to think of all the happy healthy fur babies waiting for their Two Legs to join them.

I thought to go and look for another kitten but I have changed my mind. I am certain one will cross my path when I least expect it. And I will happily bring it inside...

A heartfelt *Thank You* to everyone for all your comforting words.

[Edited on 01/09/2014 by Lindarielwen]
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Here's the newest addition to the family:

We haven't named him get.
BelleBayard
Send Message
What a beauty! The right name will come to you. We named ours "Sunshine" because that's what he brought into our lives. Just let it come naturally.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks! That's a great name. He's actually a stray, but he doesn't seem to have any intentions of leaving.
BelleBayard
Send Message
Heh... He's adopted you. We had one like that. A big short hair yellow tom that is probably related to Sunshine (grandfather? father?). He was neutered by someone, then released. He stayed in our backyard, for the most part, but would always greet us. Terror for the mourning doves though. LOL... He was around for a number of years. Even if he would wander, he knew which side his bread was buttered on. We fed him and in inclement weather he would sleep in our garage, in a kitty bed. I miss the old guy and my Rosie. Outdoor kitties usually don't last as long as indoor ones because of the potential for accidents and injuries. Still, I was honored to have them consider me their family.
Aerena100
Council Member
Send Message
I haven't been on in quite a while, and I thought I'd pop in and share a picture of the newest feline addition to the family. This is Eowyn, our inside/outside kitten.

~ Golden eye, fiery scale, a drake of flame guards your mountain, and spells your doom ~ ~ Heirs of Durin, reclaim your throne. Send the beast to his watery tomb ~
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Aw, she's so pretty! Hi Eowyn!

By the way, we decided on Louis (pronounced Lu-ie) due to his "goatee" and the fact that we thought a French name would be good. His full name is Louis Pierre Perron.
Aerena100
Council Member
Send Message
That's so adorable!!! :3
~ Golden eye, fiery scale, a drake of flame guards your mountain, and spells your doom ~ ~ Heirs of Durin, reclaim your throne. Send the beast to his watery tomb ~
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
You have been missed and you have a coveted moving avatar!

Oh, such a wonderful picture. She so reminds me of my dear Mickey Meows. She is a very beautiful kitty. Thank you for sharing her picture with us.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
In a story I'm writing, one of the characters is loosely based on Lindarielwen (I hope that's alright) so she has some cats, and I need to name one... anyone got ideas? It needs to be a really sweet name.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh and she will be a small grey kitten. I would really appreciate some ideas.
<< First56789Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email