Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First910111213
Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
By special request, here are some pics of Khaleesi taken very recently. Enjoy, Gando.

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
She's such a beauty! They are so amazing. My old Miss Kitty is getting terribly frail. I'm not sure how much longer for this world she is and I will miss her. Trying to give her all the love and attention she needs right now, no matter how annoying she can be at times. Heh...
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Cute pictures of the wee girl, Lindarielwen! She's still looks like a kitten and apparently still acts like one.

I took some pictures of Seamus and Conor today. I will try to get some of Finn.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Ah, I just noticed she still has the pink nose tip. I thought it might be something that kittens have but grow (darken) out of.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Belle, I hope Miss Kitty is doing well. It is sad to see them disappear before your eyes.

It seems to me that the lighter the fur, the lighter the nose. My dark kitties all have dark noses and the orange ones and Khaleesi have pink. But Khaleesi is such a girly kitty so the pink really suits her.

Khaleesi says "Meow" to all of you. ^..^
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
BelleBayard
Send Message
Thanks, hon. It what it is... they get old and fade away, but I'm honored to have had her in my life these 16 years. Yes, my orange cat has a pink nose. The fun ones are the calico and torties, which can have a mix of pink and dark.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I am happy to have my furkids in my life for as long as I can. They have all been a joy.

Today is Khaleesi's Home Coming Day. A year has gone by since this little sweetie has been in my life. This is her first picture and that is Drago welcoming her.

BelleBayard
Send Message
Miss Kitty looks a lot like Drago! Wow... They grow up so fast. What a cutie pie!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
This was on Facebook and I wanted to share.

[Edited on 10/28/2015 by Lindarielwen]
BelleBayard
Send Message
Concur 100%.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
I saw this on Facebook and decided everyone could use an early Halloween "treat" .....

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
You know, I am still laughing over that one. Love it to pieces. If that was a dog, I don't think it would be so funny.
BelleBayard
Send Message
Cats don't suffer dress up quite as well as dogs do for the most part. Hehehe...
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Cat experts correct me if I'm wrong, but I have the impression that cat is giving its litter-box cleaner a look meaning "yer gonna PAY for this, bubba!!!"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I laugh every time I see Yoda Cat....too too funny. Oh, there will be payback, perhaps a little *deposit* on someone's shoes.

If I can get Khaleesi to be still for just a minute, I will try and take a picture of her wearing her faery wings.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Here is an old pic of my sweet Mickey Meows. He always let me dress him up. I miss him.

BelleBayard
Send Message
What a sweetie and he has that partial pink, partial dark nose so many calicoes have. He looks like he was dear. Understand how much you miss him. I have several critters I miss dearly. All I can do is remember they will be waiting for me when I pass into the Summerlands.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
He was just laying on the counter at the vets in that pic. I never had such a good natured cat.

I tried to take a picture of Khaleesi in her faery wings but she pulled them off right away and started to chew on them and then knocked them on the floor. That one is just, well, just Khaleesi.

You always say such comforting things, Belle. Thank you. ^..^
BelleBayard
Send Message
They have such individual personalities, Lindarielwen. The closer I get to crossing the veil, the more I believe that our loved ones await us on the other side. I've also seen, working as a nurse, things that no one can explain. People, dying, who look at someone that no one else can see and call their name. Usually it's the name of someone who died a long time ago (or not) such as a husband, wife, brother, sister, mother, etc. Most just pooh-pooh it, saying they aren't in their right mind. I don't believe that. I think their loved ones have come for them. If souls retrieve a person, why not those beloved creatures we have shared our lives with?
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I think Mickey Meows is coming for his sister, Cassiopeia. She has been on steroids for a long time, most of her life, for breathing issues and the vet said she had maybe 10 years. Well, it has been 9 years and she took a bad turn a few days ago. I think she is already gone, her eyes are vacant. She is peaceful and lays in my arms.

I don't know how I can go through this 11 more times
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I feel a bit stupid posting this, but I'll risk it.

It comes with the territory, Linda. At least cats can often reach their teens, occasionally top 20 years. Think of the Bull-mastiffs that E~S posted about, or even larger dogs. They often have trouble reaching double digits. Then there would be the people who have rodents as pets, 5 years often makes them a Methuselah. On the other side, have the right type of parrot or turtle as a pet, and if you got them as a pet when you were a child, they might outlive you.

Granted, many of the potential pets I've mentioned will not lead to the kind of bonding which we may achieve with cats and dogs.

Alternative situation: can you imagine your home without a single cat? I would guess not. So ...
It comes with the territory.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
My vet told me long ago that when we take a pet into our life, chances are we will see it die so yeah, Gando, I know it comes with the territory. But that does not make any less painful or heartbreaking. I consider my cats to be my children and spend more time with them than I do with any human. They are the ones who sit at my side when I am happy and they are the ones who rub against me when I cry.

My Cassiopeia died in my arms this afternoon.

I guess the same thing can be said for you. You are married. One day, one of you will die. It comes with the territory.
Estelanor Of The Shire
Council Member
Send Message
So sorry to hear about your loss, Lindarielwen. Cassiopeia will be waiting for you across the rainbow bridge.

My family had a cat live to 19. She was older than me, so it was funny that my older sister had known Josie the cat longer than she had known me.

I currently have a one year old dilute blue tortoiseshell cat named Celewen. I bet you elvish speakers can figure out what her name means. Celewen is an absolute joy. She is fiesty and hyperactive and mildly unhinged She loves playing with my 50 lb dog, Jessie. The sight of a tiny cat romping with a dog many times her size is adorable.
May it be when darkness falls, your heart will be true..
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Lindarielwen said: I guess the same thing can be said for you. You are married. One day, one of you will die. It comes with the territory.
With all due respect, I know you're hurting at the moment, but losing a spouse is nothing like losing a pet.

I know she had been deteriorating over the past couple of days, and I'm glad she was able to remain in her home until the very end. I've not been so lucky with mine.

[Edited on 11/20/2015 by Evil~Shieldmaiden]
BelleBayard
Send Message
Any loss of someone who has shared your life is painful. Usually a spouse is with you for many years, growing old with each other. Animals do not live as long as we do unless we have parrots or tortoises or turtles so when we share with them, they will go long before us. I'm glad she had you in her life, Lindarielwen. It's actually good that you have other cats to help soothe you. Not so easy with a human life partner. Never easy to have that loved person or creature leaves before us. Many virtual hugs to you. Have a feeling my old kitty will be moving on in the future as well.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, I am so sorry for your loss.Image
Belle, sending hugs to you too. Image

[Edited on 11/20/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Human or furkid a loss is still a loss. I do not know about losing a spouse but I know what it is like to lose parents and a best friend.

Do not presume to tell me that losing a spouse is nothing like losing a pet. I knew married people who had a blast when a spouse died. Oh boy, did they have a good time with that insurance money. Yeah, losing a spouse is nothing like losing a pet. I will not get 10's of thousands of dollars for my loss. Only 10's of thousands of tears.

It is love that makes the difference. My furkids give me unconditional love and I give it back to them. There are those people who stay married for the sake of kids or for status .....some great love there.

And did I say anything untrue in response to Gando's post? He himself admitted that he felt stupid posting it but did it anyway. When you love someone, you face the risk of loss. It comes with the territory.

Estelanor, get some pics of Celewen posted. She sounds beautiful.

Thank you all for your kind wishes, once again.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen said:... Do not presume to tell me that losing a spouse is nothing like losing a pet. I knew married people who had a blast when a spouse died. Oh boy, did they have a good time with that insurance money. Yeah, losing a spouse is nothing like losing a pet. I will not get 10's of thousands of dollars for my loss. Only 10's of thousands of tears.

"My Cassiopeia died in my arms this afternoon."

My condolences for you for your loss of Cassiopeia, Linda.

You described the loss of a loved one, and not the first time in this thread since I've been a member of CoE. E~S also describes the loss of a loved one, and quite a different class of loved one.

What you describe is sadly true, but not the norm with us humans (at least I hope so, or we are in much more trouble than I can cynically imagine!). Our ability to love and our ability to hate and be destructive is unfortunately enormously beyond the abilities of any other creature we know of. What you describe above about the people you mention is definitely NOT the loss of a loved one.

And beyond the insurance money issue that appears to be a very US American theme, there are also people (statistically, and for several reasons, women) who have stayed with their partners for reasons you mentioned above and perhaps also other reasons. But the death of the b*****d is definitely a relief for them, anything but a loss, with few or no financial gains to be had. At least not as excessive as American life insurance occasionally appears to us Europeans.

But you seem to have expected that something might happen to Cassiopeia. Unfortunately for me, that was also the case for both of my parents, who had different slow deteriorations towards death. The deterioration was what caused me the most anguish, the death was (almost) a feeling that their respective suffering was over.

Can any of us even vaguely imagine the horror the families and friends of the about 130 people who were murdered in Paris recently felt and feel? My parents (lived during WW II) and grandparents (lived during WW I AND WW II) may have suffered something alike. I'm incompetent on such a subject, and thus refrain from any comment (something politicians are chronically unable to do, they just never seem to notice a good opportunity to SHUT UP!)
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Khaleesi in her faery wings.

Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
OMG ..... too cute! She doesn't mind wearing them? My boys would rip them off Image
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
She had a fit so my friend held her and rocked her to sleep. Then I took the pic.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
She is so darling in those wings!
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I just love this. What a great idea.

Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
How large would that "cat balcony" have to be to accommodate all of your cats, Linda??? The one above makes me immediately think of sardine can when thinking about your "pride" of "house lions!"
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
I'm afraid in Linda's case, it would have to go completely around the house.
<< First910111213
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email