Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First4041424344Last >>
Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
To her surprise, the the horse did not protest. Eleniel clenched its sides with her legs, terrified of falling off, but the animal was as gentle as one she had ever seen. "Good girl," Eleniel said faintly, looking to Harn.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Use your legs to stay on Eleniel," Harn suggested.
They rode out of the stalls, slowly at first for Eleniel's sake but faster as they passed glimmering tree after glimmering tree. After attaining the sentries permission, they cantered to the Lady's flet.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
After some time the four of them reached a stable. The very Stable that the Elves had taken Ilma too. Thurinlass mounted her, and fetched a horse for Linriel. He sent Meri before him and instructed Linriel to do the same with Beri. Then they started for the city at a good clip. As they road Thurinlass listened. All the birds seemed about, crying to one another of the strange tidings and the odd feel in the air. Thurinlass' mind turned once again to his talk with the Lady, this all was happening in correlation with what they had spoken of. Thurinlass was silent and still as he thought.
The sky is afire with wroth, and the rivers are red with blood.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel loved riding Meldir. He had been her friend for many a great adventure and had saved her life more than once.

"Just hold tightly to his mane, Beri." Linriel whispered to the young maiden. She pulled herself to the strong horse's back and together the two Elves followed Thurinlass and Meri to Galadriel.

Linriel's thoughts troubled her. What is going on in these woods? Orcs never venture here, they have never broken the bastion of the Golden Wood.

As birds called out to one another, the small group raced between the trees.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Galadriel was quietly speaking to another Elf. Eleniel didn't know how to interrupt, even in a time of peril, so she spoke lightly, voice tense, "My Lady?"

Galadriel turned, and so did the one who she spoke to. Eleniel gasped. It was Tumion.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri tried hard not to show her fear of the horse, but all she could think of was how easy it would be to fall. Beri was also frightened, but took Linriel's advice and was comforted by it. She clung onto Meldir's mane, trying to keep her balance but also not to harm the horse.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel's thoughts of peace flew away as she hurried up the steps to the next level of the threat. "Tumion?" She cried. "How is it that you have come here? And in such times? What if you have brought the Orcs to this place!?"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel noticed how tense Beri became as they rode and she whispered to the maiden. "You may hold onto Meldir as tightly as you like. He will not notice. Try to breath easy dear one. Let yourself feel his rhythm. Relax your legs and sense how he moves. Horse and rider become one." Onward they rode.

Both Galadriel and Tumion turned in surprise at Eleniel's words. "Child, do not fear. Tumion is here with tidings of Mirkwood and no Orcs have followed him. The evil creatures will be dealt with. You and Harn have cause for concern and have done the correct action by coming to me." spoke Galadriel quietly.

Tumion could not take his eyes from Eleniel's face. He did not expect to see the fair maid. Even though her words to him were harsh, he spoke kindly to her. "Eleniel, all is in order. I have only just arrived, with tidings of Mirkwood and of your father. I am not certain but I believe your father is not far from these woods." He continued. "Perhaps when all is in order, you and I can speak and have a meal together."

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Child, do not fear," Galadriel said softly, turning away from Tumion. Her skirts turned with her as she added, "Tumion is here with tidings of Mirkwood and no Orcs have followed him. The evil creatures will be dealt with. You and Harn have cause for concern and have done the correct action by coming to me."

Eleniel felt like tossing her head and hair, but fought the action. "I know that many ride to the Orcs now," she said. "But I know not the course of action that they will take."

She turned then to Tumion. "I will speak with you, if Galadriel grants that you bring to ill favor to me nor my companions. You say my father is in these woods? Good. He will have much to explain to his friends, which I have no taken as my own."
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass took note of Meri's anxiety and smiled saying, "Do not fear little one, Ilma would not let you fall were she galloping from all the orcs that were ever spawned." He hoped this truth would comfort the small Elf.

After some time they came to Caras Galadhon. Thurinlass dismounted and turned to the others, "I have need to speak with the Lady Galadriel and there I hope to find Harn and Eleniel. Come with me and if they are not there seek for them. I should at least wish to take Harn whiter he will or not, but I will go and scout the mountains with the Galadhrim that are chosen. The rest of you, if you wish, would do me a great comfort if you remained here. If you will have me the Lady has bidden me to lead you on a great journey, the likes of which are not made any more and preparations must be made." Thurinlass finished and, without waiting for a reply, or the opportunity to ramble, he turned and sped into the city that gave always a cold welcome to him.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel slid from Meldir's back and helped Beri get to the ground. Beri reached up and gave Meldir a gentle pat on his nose.

Thurinlass turned and told them he will go seek the Lady and he spoke of a great journey. Thoughts of Orcs left Linriel's mind for just a moment as she reflected back on her days traveling with Thurinlass. It would be wonderful to roam the lands once again. After this Orc pursuit is finished, I best tend to my flet. Linriel thought of the package left from her mother. There is no hurry to discover its contents.

The three Elves watched Thruinlass speed away as they began to walk to Galadriel's flet.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel was awaiting Tumion's response when Thurinlass burst into the flet. Leaves hung from his hair, and she realized that he must have run the whole way to reach them in the time that he did.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri listened to Thurinlass' words, but even her trust of the noble elf could not overcome her fear. Thurinlass then departed, and though the others offered to help her down, she declined their offers of help and resolved herself to dismounting on her own. She had jumped down from tree branches much higher up than this horse, so why should this be any harder than that? This she told herself repeatedly, but still she hesitated.

Linriel helped Beri down from Meldir, and the young elf patted the horse's nose timidly. Thank you, she said silently, not knowing whether the creature would understand words any better than this and not wishing to break the silence.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The day promised to be sunny and the leaves danced along the path as a gentle breeze stirred them into motion. Linriel loved these woods and it was difficult for her to even imagine anything being a threat here.

Thurinlass sped off, leaving the three Elves alone to continue on towards the city. Linriel looked at Meri and Beri, quite aware they were a bit frightened but she would let no harm come to the two cousins. They are so young, so innocent. I will let no evil touch them.

Linriel knew Meri and Beri would help if fighting occured. She smiled to herself as she remembered the little mice bringing flaming pinecones in a battle they fought when the company was bigger.

"Meri, Beri, where are the mice? It has been much too long since last I have seen them." Linriel said in an effort to distract the two from any unpleasant thoughts.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass burst into the flet and saw a conversation taking place between Eleniel and another. He did not see Harn, then again he did not look very hard. The Lady Galadriel was there but she did not seem to be a part of the speech transpiring so Thurinlass walked to her. "I wish--" Galadriel cut him off, "I know what you wish Messenger." She said with a chilled voice. There was a short moment of envoloping silence then she spoke again, "Will you take the man?" Galadriel asked Thurinlasss. He nodded as though he had only just convinced himself then said, "Yes, I mean to take him so he may learn." She nodded and the two stepped onto a balcony to further discuss the rather pressing matter.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel watched as Thurinlass and Galadriel stepped away to speak of what may come. As they left, Eleniel looked again to Tumion, trying not to twist her face into a mask of disgust. "You say that my father is in this wood?" She asked pointedly. "I hope that, then, you and I reach Linriel before he does."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn stepped into the shadows feeling unneeded. He watched Tumion, the Elf that had prevented Harn from killing himself, and Eleniel confersing in low tones. He was surprised when Thurinlass and Galadriel spoke of him.
"Me?" he asked in disbelief.
But he went unheeded so he slipped out of the room.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel saw Harn turn and leave the room. She completely abandoned her conversation with Tumion and followed her friend out of the flet. "Harn!" She called, running to catch up with the man, one of the few who have ever come into the forests of Lothlorien. When she reached him, she said, "Be honored that the White Lady has spoken of you. I know not what she and Thurinlass speak of, but be confident that it is something that will better Middle Earth, and us as well. You need not be afraid."

As she was speaking, Eleniel's horse trotted ovedr to her. The Elf reached out her arm and allowed the animal to nuzzle her. "I still have not found a name for you," she said to it, "And I am sorry." she looked to Harn. "Do you have any ideas? I know not what to call another living thing, and if we give her no title, she shall surely be Horse for the rest of her life."

She sighed and added, speaking to Harn but looking at Horse, "I do not know what to call Tumion, either. Traitor? Friend? I know he saved you, once, but for me, where I hear his name, danger follows. We are alike in that sense."
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"She is gentle," Harn replied comferted by Eleniel's words, "as well as loyal. Do not worry about the fact that she has no name. It took me some time to name Ithil."
He stared uneasily at the ground when Eleniel mentioned Tumion.
"He did save me but I do not know if I can trust him. What sort of danger Eleniel? Do you feel what I feel? A sort of uneasiness?"
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass emerged from his meeting after some time. His first thought was to speak to Harn, but he was stayed when he saw that Harn and Eleniel were conversing. His thoughts turned instead to the journey to Cuiviennen. None of them knew that he wished to take them that way, but he was confident that no one would decline. He turned to the edge of the Tallon and looked out into the vastness of this ocean of trees. Galadriel too was disquieted by the Orcs, but not so much as Thurinlass. Gladriel had built, and lived in the fastness of Lothlorien for many years and, regardless of if she knew it or no, had of late grown almost arrogant. Thurinlass however could sense the growing evil and these orcs now truly disquieted him. He studied the plain where the orcs came from.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel looked at the two cousins, worry on her face. A chill wind seemed to stir the air as leaves fell to the ground.

"Come. Come, dear ones. We must make for the city." Linriel took Meldir's reins and started to continue along the path. She put her hand on the hilt of her sword. My sword has not seen battle in some time.

High above, hidden in the trees, a glint of silver went unnoticed.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Yes, she is gentle indeed," Eleniel said, stoking her horses' mane. "I suppose that the correct name will come in time."

"He did save me but I do not know if I can trust him. What sort of danger Eleniel? Do you feel what I feel? A sort of uneasiness?"Harn asked.

"I share your sentiment about Tumion," Eleniel replied. "I assumed that he was a friend, because he was close to Linriel. But I do feel uneasiness, and a strong one at that."

Thurinlass approached them, but then seemed to hold back when he saw them speaking. As he turned to look out into the fields, Eleniel said, "Thurinlass, come. We were speaking of names, among other things, as we wait for Linriel."
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beriadanwen followed close behind Linriel as they walked swiftly towards Caras Galadhon. Merilwen was unsure if she would have to lead Thurinlass' horse, but she need not have worried; Ilma followed behind them.Smart horse, she thought. They hurried on towards the city, fallen leaves crackling beneath their feet, tree branches shivering in the breeze. Meri disliked the sound of the leaves, and the air whistling past her ears. She preferred to be quiet and the air to be still so that she might listen to the sounds of the forest. Somehow, the crunch of dead leaves and the heedless wind made the forest seem silent and empty, as if they had chased away everything living and she was walking alone through the ashes of something beautiful.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel began to walk a bit faster, hoping the young Elves could keep up with her. There was a chill wind in the air, blowing the leaves, shaking the branches. Leaves were falling and the three Elves hurried along the path.

Suddenly Linriel stopped and looked up. She thought she heard something, but what? A sound. A sound coming somewhere from above. The maiden searched the trees, listening, but all she heard was the wind. She felt troubled now, an uneasy feeling stirred within.

"Come," she said to Meri and Beri. "Come, we must hurry to the city. Thurinlass surely has spoken to Galadriel by now and he will know what to do."

Linriel looked about her one last time before the small group continued towards Caras Galadhon.

A frown now joined the silver glint in the trees. Thurinlass!
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel could now see Linriel, as well as the two cousins, Meri and Beri. She smiled at the two of them and said, "It brings my heart joy to have the two of you here with us again!"

Linriel looked troubled, and glanced over her shoulder to see the trees. As she did so, her hair would fall clumsily to the side before the wind guided it back into place.

Others were entering into Caras Galadhon, now, avoiding the Orcs or searching for answers or both.

"Linriel?" Eleniel asked as her friend came closer. Harn shifted from foot to foot. "Is there something troubling you?" Eleniel lifted her own gaze up to the trees.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn rubbed the horse's nose, her gentle, liquid-brown eyes stared up at him. Gentle...there was a name that tugged at the back of his mind. Then an unbidden scene flashed before him. A stable, filled with the homely scent of hay and horse manure, his father showing him a newborn foal. What was the name, the name...Castiel!
"Eleniel perhaps you could name her Castiel, it means gentle."
Linriel approached looking troubled and uneasy. The cousins followed, neither of them looked at ease.
"Linriel?" Eleniel asked as her friend came closer."Is there something troubling you?"
Harn glanced up, everything was green and quiet except for a slight breeze dancing in and out of the trees. But something glimmered just for a moment. He frowned and glanced back at Linriel.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass dre himself closer to them now and, having overheard the discussion about nameing the horse said, "Perhaps Ùessë," he paused, "In the high speach of the Eldar it means Nameless." He looked at the small group of friends, then his bright eyes fell on Harn and rested there a while. Thurinlass' keen eyes searched Harn for some length of time ere he spoke again. "Harn." He called, "The Lady and I have decided that you should accompany me on the group sent to learn as much as they may of what drives the Orcs so close to Lorien." He waited to see what Harn would say, and as he did a glint of silver failed to escape his faze, however he kept it to himself, knowing well what it entailed.

[Edited on 11/17/2014 by Mr.Panda39]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Even though Linriel was overjoyed that the small company was together, she could not help but feel unease. She sensed something overhead, something in the trees. She looked at Thurinlass and knew he was aware of this as well.

Thurinlass spoke of taking Harn on a mission and she thought it would do the boy much good to go with the Firstborn Elf. But that would mean two of the small party would be gone. Linriel had no doubt that she could protect the cousins and she also knew Eleniel was a brave warrior who would help defend Lorien against any invasion. She knew the Galadhrim was well prepared but what was this in the trees that kept her looking up?

Linriel does not know I am here, but Thurinlass does. He will leave with that boy, it is then that I will make myself known to Linriel. And what of Eleniel, my daughter? I missed so much of her life. Would she ever want to know me as her father? The mithril earring, once again, shimmered in the light.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message

[Edited on 11/17/2014 by Lindarielwen]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"Castiel," Eleniel repeated after Harn. "The name sounds perfect. I thank you, mellon."

She rubbed her horses'- Castiel's- nose. "Sulaid, mellon," she said quietly. "I apologize if I had frightened you."

Thurinlass joined in their conversation."Perhaps Ùessë," He suggested.

Eleniel nodded. "I cherish both of the names. I will name her Castiel Ùessë, Gentle Nameless. I have found times when I, myself, wish I have no name."

Harn and Thurinlass spoke of travel. Eleniel was torn between wanting to join them and wanting to stay in Lorien. Her restlessness never permitted her to be in one place for very long, but she so loved the wood, and the streams and stars above and below.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Castiel," Eleniel repeated after Harn. "The name sounds perfect. I thank you, mellon."

Harn frowned slightly trying to understand Eleniel's Elvish. He had picked up some but her last word was strange to him. He listened, slightly shocked, as Thurinlass talked. He wanted to ask Why me? but stared confused at the ground for a second after Thurinlass finished. The trees whispered among themselves, speaking a language unknown to the mortal's, or even the immortal's, ears. They knew and saw what others might not and they kept their secrets among their own kind. He turned back to Thurinlass.
"Sir it is an honor," he faltered, "I think I would learn much."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel pondered Thurinlass' proposal herself. It is a good journey, she decided. Harn would be unwise not to reap the benefits it has to offer.

Her thoughts turned to her home, Mirkwood. Oh, how she missed it! She could be there for centuries and still despise it's walls, but the moment she stepped off of it's threshold, her heart sang in it's memory.

Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass nodded slowly, "It is not only an honor to be chosen by the lady for such a mission." He said slowly and at some length, "But it is also a peril. Such tasks are of secrecy and must be treated as such." He added. He waited a moment, then as though he spoke more to the tree tops he said, "One must not be spotted even by a single one of those they try to evade." He looked back at the small group again, then just Harn, "Make yourself ready we must be off soon. This will not be our last journey." Thurinlass tightened his quiver.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel noticed the glance Thurinlass cast at the treetops and it added to her unease. He senses something. But he is leaving and taking Harn with him. Linriel grasped the hilt of her sword. We are protected in these woods but evil has a way of finding its way in.

She walked to Eleniel and gave the newly named horse a pat on her sleek neck. "She is a fine horse, Eleniel. A beauty. The two of you will share many adventures. Meldir and I have been through a lot together, he is my most trusted friend and the bond between us is strong. I think you and Castiel will become good friends."

The maiden saw concern on Harn's face and she smiled at him. "Harn, you will learn much from Thurinlass. Make yourself ready."

Linriel caught Thurinlass' eye. Be safe, my friend. I will see you when you return.
She turned away, not wanting him to read her other thoughts.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel watched as Linriel, obstinately, put a hand to the hilt of her sword. Eleniel's own blade had not seen much battle itself- yet no traveler dared to move without one- but Linriel's stance suggested that not only was she willing to go to battle, she was ready.

Linriel walked to Eleniel and gave the newly named horse a pat on her sleek neck. "She is a fine horse, Eleniel. A beauty. The two of you will share many adventures. Meldir and I have been through a lot together, he is my most trusted friend and the bond between us is strong. I think you and Castiel will become good friends."

"Thank you," Eleniel replied. "I hope that we do."

She could not imagine Linriel's plight. Thurinlass had only just returned, and now he was leaving again. She could not guess at their history but knew that they were dear to each other.
<< First4041424344Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email