Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First4243444546Last >>
Author Topic:
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beri sighed, exasperated. She knew that Meri had a kind heart, and that was well and good, but surely she didn't have to abandon what she was doing so suddenly! She gathered up the glasses, noticing as she did so that water dripping down their sides had smudged some ink. Why did Meri put them down on these papers, when there were plenty of empty shelves? Indeed, she could have put them back on the table they had been using. She would have to apologise for that later, as she doubted her cousin would remember to do so.

She walked down to the stream, passing Meri, who was talking quietly to the elf woman, and also passing the stables, from which came a loud whinny. She smiled to herself, and knelt down on the bank of the stream. She plunged her hand into the water and, once she had found the fastest-flowing and therefore cleanest part, began to wash the glasses using a small piece of moss.

Meri jumped slightly as Adonnenniel took her hand. "Stay with me. I don't want to be alone." She heard the pleading in her voice, and was moved to great pity.

"Of course. Of course I'll stay."

She could guess at the cause of Adonnenniel's distress. She tried not to think of Iellwen too much, but often found herself wondering how she fared, or if she fared at all. Had Adien ever found her? Adonnenniel had lost so much already, finding a niece and then losing her again was too much for her. Meri had lost people, but she had always had Beri to get her through. She couldn't imagine ever losing her.

[Edited on 12/23/2014 by wolfbladequeen]
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Ilyea laughed and answered, " I am always looking for an adventure Linriel! I have been wanting to see the world again for many years, but for some reason I lingered here," Ilyea stood quietly while Linriel and Eleneil spoke. " You say you have been on a quest with linriel. What sort of quest?" Ilyea laughed again. " Well, it was a while ago. I was traveling to see a cousin in Rivendell and I decided to stop along the way to greet some friends. You see, I love to travel. I love to see new things, to meet new people, and make long lasting friendships. I met Linriel there. We traveled together back to her home in Arthedain,"

[Edited on 12/25/2014 by Legolas23]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel entered Meldir's stall and the mighty stallion pushed her with his nose. "Ah, Meldir, I am sorry for neglecting you. We will take a gallop tomorrow through the woods. Without a saddle." Linriel smiled but then her eyes caught the shine of copper...brilliant copper stars on the saddle Aragil arranged to be made for her. She walked over to the beautifully crafted leather and ran her hands over the stars. Maybe I will keep it. Never have I seen such a saddle and most likely will never see another. Plus it has been specially made for Meldir. I will give it more thought.

Linriel noticed a stable elf nearby and bade her to take good care of Meldir. She hugged her horse and left the stall and noticed Ilyea talking to Eleniel. She walked over to them.

"Is Ilyea telling you of one of her many adventures?" Linriel asked Eleniel with a grin. "She and I traveled together many a year ago and perhaps we will share another adventure soon. Thurinlass and Harn should not be gone much longer and then we can finally begin our journey to Cuivienen."

As soon as Linriel mentioned Cuivienen, a strong gust of wind slammed the stable doors shut. The three maids jumped and started to laugh.

Someone listened to the maidens laughing. High above the ground the lordly elf perched on a branch. I think it is time to make my presence known. I do wish, at least, to talk to my daughter before they begin the long journey to Cuivienen. He heard the gentle laughter of the one he loved. Linriel! The smile quickly turned into a frown. She should be my wife by now. She knew I had to leave. She should have undetstood. She should have waited for me. Darkness crossed Bildarion's face.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel felt a sense of relief when Meri said she would stay with her. She kept holding onto her hand, gazing at their fingers wrapped around each other, as if there was some great mystery in two people connecting through a simple touch.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
As Thurinlass waited for the reply from young Harn he was nearly brought to his knees by something. A feeling had washed over him and flooded his mind, as well as touched his heart. Without sparing even a moment he turned to the Lord. "My Lord," he began, "I must beg your apologies however--" Celeborn raised his hand to silence the messenger, "I have felt it as well friend. Go to your company and see that all is well, my people can handle this task given them." Thurinlass bowed low. "Hantanyel, forever thankful." He said then turned to Harn, "Come with me." He commanded as he took off at a trot towards the healer's flet.

As he ran Thurinlass hear a voice in his mind. A maid, but broken and destitute, as well as familiar. Come and get me. Thurinlass heard it over and over. After some time he reached the flet and entered walking now slowly, and standing above all he looked hither and thither. Then, night at hand was a maid, broken, without hope, and a dear, dear friend. "You beckoned my Lady." Thurinlass said softly to her as he looked down with compassion and pity.
The sky is afire with wroth, and the rivers are red with blood.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel heard another familiar voice, a voice that made her feel safe. She looked up at him slowly, almost hesitant to believe it was real. "Thurinlass" she spoke almost in a whisper, her eyes wide. Then she stood and embraced him as if she might never have another chance. She began to weep, not only from her grief, but also because she felt ashamed of what had become of her. Here was one who had seen far more, and far worse than she had, and yet he survived while she had grown weak. She looked him in the eyes for just a moment, then looked down, but in that one moment, her eyes had said everything.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel laughed as the doors to the stable slammed shut, but even as laughter fell from her lips, she knew that it would be a long time- if it happened at all- before she began to trust Ilyea.

"We should be getting back," she said, opening to stall to let out Castiel. "I will have to find a saddle for you soon," she said to the horse. "But now, we must go with Linriel to get traveling clothes for our journey." She realized that she was talking to her horse when she was saying words that her friends would benefit from more, and felt a twinge of embarrassment. "Apologies," she said to them.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
"Galadriel is expecting you." The guard said. "Follow that path to the heart of Lothlórien."

Írimë set off in the direction indicated by the guard. Her gray mare followed along behind, looking longingly at the soft grass on either side of the path. "It will not be long until you can eat and rest, Mellon." Írimë turned back to the road, then looked up, awed. Enormous trees towered high above her head, seeming to touch the sky. "Caras Galadhon! It is even more majestic than the stories said!"

Her deep blue eyes searched the flets in the mighty Mallorn trees for a glimpse of the one called the White Lady. As she looked up and up, the hood of her travel stained green cloak fell back to reveal dark brown hair with a reddish tint. After some moments she turned to search the lower levels of the forest, and her eyes opened in wonder. The moon had come down from the sky and was resting beside a clear stream!

The moon rose and approached, and Írimë now saw that it was not the moon. It was a beautiful woman clothed in white.

"Welcome to Lorién, Írimë." Galadriel said with a smile. "We have much to discuss, but that will wait until a later time. Go to the stables. You will find provender and shelter for your horse. Someone there will show you to the flet that has been prepared for you." She pointed a slender finger at another path. "Take that road." Then stepping close, she kissed Írimë gently on the forehead. "May you find what your heart seeks."

~*~*~*~

Being in this place awoke something in Írimë. Something timeless and enduring. A memory, of her father singing as he rocked her to sleep. It was a song taught to him by his father. The words flowed through Írimë's mind like the stream beside the path. She began to sing in a clear and beautiful voice.

"I dream of seas and ships,
Of waves breaking on the shore
In the Twilight of the world

Ah, Cuiviénen!

Well do we remember,
We who woke upon your shores,
The clear and brilliant starlight
In the Twilight of the world

Oh, would we could return
To that once blissful state,
When the world was filled with love
Instead of filled with hate

To the place of our beginnings
In the Twilight of the world.

Ah, Cuiviénen!

To your waters of awakening
Can there be no return?
Is it lost forever to the ones who wander here?

No.
I will see it once more
'ere the Twilight fades to night,
And all will be at peace
In the star's light."

[Edited on 12/28/2014 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass was at first caught off guard by the spontaneous gesture, but after a moment of hesitation he returns the embrace. There he held her in a grandfatherly embrace until she had ceased her weeping and looked up at him. Separating himself from her he looked her over thoroughly then said, "Adonenniel," He spoke her name firmly, "You who have know sorrow unlooked for and undeserved. Who has left grief and despair ravage her from the heart to her being." He stopped and his gaze grew soft and warm, like summer's first warm breeze betwixt two ancient oaks, and his tone was soft and full of fondness, "Stand now and be healed. Let the shackles of grief fall from you, let the shadow clear from your mind! Look about and see you are in Lorien, a place without time, or sorrow, or sadness, or pain! Breath and behold that the air is good! The birds praise Eru, the eagles go hither and thither gathering word for Manwë, good yet endures, and joy thrives in the hearts of those that will receive it! The world is not so dark as your loss would have you believe! Nor are you so frail!" Thurinlass exclaimed the last throwing his cloak off revealing naught but a dark blue tunic. He threw his cloak about her and it wrapped around her. It sat on her like she were some ancient queen robed in her own power and dignity, a loving, beloved lady of the Elves, "It is grief that deceives you, that makes you weak! Cast it aside like a garment and let not sorrow rule you." Thurinlass finished and after a brief moment spoke again, though now quieter. "Make ready," he said to her, "I am leading us to Cuiviennen. It is my wish that you come, and there begin life anew. Ponder this, yet not overmuch for we must away soon. I will go to the stables and seek for my horse. Bless you child, with joy and laughter." Thurinlass bowed and, leaving his cloak with Adonneniel, he set off down the path to the stables.

As he walked he pondered the journey. He had returned to Cuiviennen only once since he had awoken and he was anxious about the prospect. It had been so many thousands of years and yet there the pool waited, unchanged, unaffected by the world around it. All these mighty kings and kingdoms, nations and armies, all fell yet that collection of water lasted ever on and on. Snatches of a song came to his ear. No.
I will see it once more
'ere the Twilight fades to night,
And all will be at peace
In the star's light.

So moving was the song and so sad was Thurinlass to hear its end that he, as he neared the stable, took it up himself.

Ar Edalië sí hlar i nyárëHo atar ar atar nó
Mal mis sí hanya yana ya hyaryalvë mi i órë.
Ai Calaquenya o cuiviennen.
And Elves now hear the tale, From Father and Father before, but less now know that which we have in our minds. Alas Calaquenya of Cuiviennen.

As his last not fell silent he reached the stables. There before him was a maid, a fair maid indeed, yet there was something signifigant about her. Thurinlass was drawn to her somehow, like he knew her, or perhaps an ancestor? "Vande omentaina." Well met. He said absently.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Írimë had just finished her song when another voice, much deeper than her own, sang a verse she did not know. She listened in wonder to the song, realizing it was sung in the language of her birth. The same language her father had sung it in.

The singer of this song came into view as the last notes slipped away. His long golden hair fairly glowed in the shafts of sunlight that pierced the foliage. "I have seen the moon, this must be the sun!" She thought. As he grew closer, Írimë knew she had seen him before. He was the messenger that often brought tidings to Lord Elrond.

"Vande omentaina." Well met. He said, though he seemed preoccupied with some thought.

"Aiya Herunya!" Hail my lord! Írimë replied with a smile. "It seems each of our errands has brought us to the same place! If indeed you are going to the stables, which I think you are."
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
As Thurinlass embraced her, Adonnenniel could feel herself begin to relax. It seemed like a lifetime ago that she had last experienced this kind of love and care from another and she realized he did not hold her weakness against her.

When he spoke, she met his eyes and did not look away. His words sunk deep into her spirit for he spoke truth, calling her back, calling her to live. And she believed him. He put his own cloak on her and she gazed down at it for a moment. She said nothing as he finished speaking and departed.

His words turned over in her mind. "Stand now and be healed. Let the shackles of grief fall from you, let the shadow clear from your mind! She looked down at the cloak again and she felt honored, honored to stand wearing something belonging to one such as he. Simply knowing she mattered so much to someone else changed her outlook completely. She looked around her, "I will come." she answered, though he had already left to prepare.

She made her way back to her own flet, slowly, but yet when she reached it, she found herself tired, but not to the point of exhaustion. She packed a small bag for herself and made her way to the stables as well. She walked slowly and stopped to rest more than once and she still wore Thurinlass's cloak, but she cared not what anyone thought of her, she was determined to get herself there. At last she arrived at the stables and paused just inside the door, seeing who else was there.

[Edited on 12/27/2014 by HuldahMaria]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Slightly confused Harn followed Thurinlass to the Healing flet and watched awkwardly as the two seemingly friends embraced. His thoughts turned to his one-time villages. They would be harvesting, fall was fading and winter would soon come. The gardens would be stripped empty and it's contents rolled into the huts. Then the Filling Feast, everyone would stay up late, drinking, eating, and dancing. That would be happening if they were still there. A sudden picture of fire and smoke flashed before him and he shook his head trying to clear the picture from his mind. Startled he looked up to discover he was alone. A sudden feeling of loneliness swept over him and when he spotted Thurinlass' disappearing figure he ran after it. Surely the great elf would know where Liriel and Eleniel were. Something sweet yet sad drifted in the air, a song, a song of remembrance and longing. A song that Harn could not understand fully, but it understood him. He stumbled into a small clearing where Thurinlass and an Elf maid stood talking, the last bits of the song hovering above.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass bowed to Írimë and chuckled some, "It ought to be known to you that I am no Lord." He said to her cheerfully. He nodded when she mentioned the stables, "Yes I have a mare that needs preparation." He paused and looked at her searchingly. After a moment he spoke again, "What is it that could bring you, so far from Imladris? Does the Lady Arwen no longer require a mistress?" Indeed that was how Thurinlass knew this one. She was a handmaid to Lady Arwen and had often taken messages to her for Thurinlass, as all the handmaidens did.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Írimë paused before answering the tall elf. "I am searching for someone. The lady Arwen gave me leave from my post for this task." "She knows what this means to me." Írimë looked away and blinked back the moisture that had unexpectedly filled her eyes.

Sirdal neighed and gently nudged Írimë's back. Írimë turned around to stroke the mare's soft nose. "I have not forgotten you, Mellon." She said with a smile. Then turning back to the golden haired elf, "Would you care to walk with me? And you are welcome to join us as well!" This last part was directed with smiling eyes to the young boy who had burst into the clearing a few moments prior.

Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Ilyea started as the doors to the stable slammed shut. Realizing it was only a gust of wind that had frightened her so, she laughed. She could tell by Eleniel expression and body language that she did not trust Ilyea. But, she understood. Ilyea was not a very trusting person herself. She only trusted a handful of people with her friendship, and fewer still with her life.

" Oh!" Ilyea exclaimed as she had an idea. " Linriel, I must leave for a few moments. Then, I will come find you. But before I take my leave, I must ask you. May I venture with you and your companions wherever you may go? You may give me your answer when I return, I must go now before it is too late!" Ilyea sped off through the forest hoping to catch her brother before the company left on their journey. She sped through he forest and came to a a large bunch of twisted and knotted trees.
This was her brothers favorite spot for reading and he was always there this time of day.

" Hyden! Hyden!" she called. She stopped by his side. " I apologize for this short notice, but my friend Linriel is here with her companions. They are ready to leave on a journey, and I wish to accompany them. My horse gave birth to her first baby, as I told you, but I need someone to take care of them while I am away. Would you mind?" Hyden put his book down and stood. " No, sister. I would not mind at all. I am saddened, though, to here of your departure. I miss you dearly when you are away," " Then come with me! I can ask someone else to care for them," Hyden looked past her, thinking.

"No, not this time. I will accompany you on another journey," Ilyea nodded and thanked him. Hyden embraced her. " Be safe, please. I don't want this to be like, like last time," Ilyea did not pull away and said," I promise. I will be safe. I will be with others this time, and they all would be trustworthy, or else Linriel would not be with them. I must go now. I love you," Ilyea pulled away and ran back to the stable.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel could not help but smile as Ilyea ran off. "She has always been so energetic, so full of life. I think she will make a good traveling companion," Linriel said to Eleniel. "But, for now, we have some decisions to make. You need a saddle for Castiel and I am not certain if the one Aragil left for me is the one I will use." Linriel's finger traced the copper stars that adorned the beautiful saddle.

Linriel looked down at her clothes. "I could use new leggings and tunics and I would love a new gown. What do you plan on getting, Eleniel? Let us go to the seamstress posthaste." The two maidens left the stables and took the narrow path to the garment maker.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel remembered Aragil, even though they had been together only briefly. "Do you miss him?" She asked Linriel as they walked down the pathway. "Where do you think he went?"

the forest was still alive, and gleamed like emeralds. So many forests that Eleniel had been in, and yet, Lothlorien was one of her favorite places.

"I do need new traveling clothes," Eleniel admitted. "Mine are torn and damaged, but most of my things are." Her hand brushed against her belt, where her knife and new pouch of plants rested. "And i need a stronger belt, if we are to be traveling in the wilderness. I do not want to lose what I have gained. And, of course, a saddle. That is of the highest importance, as well."
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
With a bow Thurinlass said, "In truth my lady, I have urgent business that needs tending too, myself and a company of others meant to set out and have been delayed quite enough. However," Thurinlass paused and searched her momentarily, "if you seek some one perhaps I may be of assistance if only you will accompany me in the gathering of my companions." He suggested. He indeed wished to know what brought a handmaid so far from home but time enough had been lost. Thurinlass knew the beauty of Lorien was it's danger, if one did not give conscience effort one would never leave. This was the precise reason that everyone need to be gathered and made ready. "Come Harn," He called, "We must gather the rest of the company." He turned back to Írimë and awaited a reply.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel looked at all the beautiful horses in the stable. A few she recognized, but most she did not. As she looked at the large, beautiful animals, she felt small, and a bit intimidated by the idea of riding off on a journey so soon. Thoughts started swimming in her head,I am not so weak...but it is so far...I feel a bit better...still so tired, how shall I rest...he wants me to come...what if I can't make it?... The bag seemed to grow heavy on her shoulder as she stood there, trying to find the resolve, trying to convince herself she could do this.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
"In truth my lady, I have urgent business that needs tending too, myself and a company of others meant to set out and have been delayed quite enough. However, if you seek some one perhaps I may be of assistance if only you will accompany me in the gathering of my companions." Thurinlass said.

Írimë gave some thought then answered, "I will join you as soon as I tend to my horse."

She turned back to the path and lead her horse the few remaining paces to the stables. The doors where open, so she stepped inside and looked around. The stalls lining the walls were filled with all manner of beautiful horses. The air smelled of fresh hay and horse manure. It brought back memories of Days spent in the stables at Imladris. Shafts of sunlight flooded in from the tall windows. One such shaft fell across a frail figure who was wrapped in a beautiful cloak. The elf seemed lost and alone. It was a feeling Írimë knew well. "Do you need help?" Írimë hesitantly laid a hand on the She-Elf's trembling shoulder.

[Edited on 12/30/2014 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel turned and looked at the elf who had touched her. She didn't know her, but her gesture was kind and reassuring. "I am..." she began, but then hesitated, what am I doing? he thought for a moment. "I am traveling with my friends." there, I said it "Thurinlass said he was going to the stables and that we are leaving soon, so I got my things and came here." She looked at Irime's horse. "Is this one yours?"
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
 The elf turned, and Írimë could now see her face. It was fair, but bore the signs of great sorrow. Grief can make even the youngest appear old, she thought.

"Thurinlass said he was going to the stables and that we are leaving soon, so I got my things and came here." The elf looked at Irime's horse. "Is this one yours?"

"Yes. Sirdal was my only companion on my journey from Imladris. She is more weary than I am I think...her days grow long." Írimë patted her horse's neck fondly, remembering the many years they had shared. Perhaps it was time to let her faithful friend live out her days in peace with her kin. A sense of sadness filled Írimë's heart at the thought, but she knew it was right thing to do.

She led her horse to a stall and removed the lightweight saddle and bags from her back. Gently she rubbed the mare down, then gave her food and water. "Rest now, Mellon. You deserve it." The horse looked up at Írimë with liquid brown eyes and gave a whinny of understanding and gratitude. Her mistress would always love her, and that was enough.

Írimë turned back to the other elf and smiled. "It seems we are both in need of mounts. Would you care to look with me?" She laughed lightly. "But here I am rambling on without even introducing myself first!" She exclaimed, then extended her hand. "I am Írimë."

[Edited on 12/30/2014 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel followed Irime as she care for her horse. "I am Adonnenniel" she answered. "I would love to look for a horse with you, I'm afraid I will need some help."

She felt terribly embarrassed having to seek help when she had only just met this lovely person. She did not want to be needy and burdensome to the people around her, but at the moment, there wasn't really a way around it.

There were so many lovely horses here. She had been a fairly good rider, but now she was afraid she would not have the strength for it. Any number of things might happen between here and their destination. But she did not want to be left, so she tried to hide her fears, tried to act like she was fine. She knew Irime would see through it though. She was still too weak to hide it.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"Do you miss him?", asked Eleniel. Linriel turned to her friend at these words. Her turquoise eyes glistened with tears but she would not let them fall.

"Aragil was my friend, even though it was only for a short while. I do not know where he might have gone. Your father disappeared one night and I searched 50 years for him only to find out he was fine the entire time. Time that I spent worrying and wandering. Missing someone does no good." It was then that Linriel decided not to take the saddle and she would also leave the beautiful pipe Aragil carved for her behind. I will leave the pipe along with the box from my mother in my flet

"I am tired of this grey garb," Linriel said to Bildarion's daughter. "I also do not want brown or green so I hope to find something I like. What are you looking for?" Linriel finished.

The two maids laughed and talked happily as they made their way to the seamstress. High in the trees, Bildarion watched as his daughter and Linriel went on their way. I will not talk to either of them now. I will begin to make my way to Cuivienen.

[Edited on 12/30/2014 by Lindarielwen]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Where are we going?" Harn asked. I know, Cuivienen, but what or who is it?"
The trees overhead formed a sort of leafy roofed hall, but to where it led he couldn't guess. Evening was drawing near and a cool fall breeze whispered among the leaves. The sun turned a deep red and the sky arrayed her in cloud garments of crimson, gold, sapphire, emerald, and rose. The sky, invisible to those inside the forest, slowly started to fade.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beriadanwen had finished washing the glasses, and had also paused to splash her face with the cool water, so she returned to the healer's flet at a leisurely pace. As she approached it, she saw two elves, one of whom she thought for a moment might be Thurinlass, but then she dismissed the idea. He was away on some quest with Harn and Lord Celeborn. What reason would he have to return early?

Merilwen looked up as her cousin entered the flet and placed the glasses on a high shelf. She was sitting at the table in Adonnenniel's recently vacated seat. The last minute or so seemed to have gone in a blur. She had been standing there with Adonnenniel holding onto here hand, and then suddenly Thurinlass had whirled through the door, given a strong and uplifting speech, and whirled out again, without seeming to notice either her or Maldor. And Adonnenniel, a slight smile on her face, had rushed out after him. Meri had been left standing there, feeling confused and strangely lonely.

Then she had sunk into the chair, feeling slightly awkward sitting there with only Maldor for company. When Beri came in, she stood up, pushing back the chair with a low grinding noise, and drew her into her arms, quietly telling her of all that had transpired since she had left. She felt Beri tense slightly when she revealed that it was Adonnenniel who had been in such a ragged state, then relax again when she mentioned Thurinlass.

"They both left quite suddenly, and I do not know where to," she said anxiously.

Beri drew back out of the embrace, then took her hand and pulled her towards the door, with a quick glance at Maldor, who smiled at her.

"Then I suggest we go and find them."
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel's eyes glistened. "Aragil was my friend, even though it was only for a short while. I do not know where he might have gone. Your father disappeared one night and I searched 50 years for him only to find out he was fine the entire time. Time that I spent worrying and wandering. Missing someone does no good,"She said.

"I am sorry that he vanished so," Eleniel said. "He did the same to my brother and I, hundreds of years ago." When the talk turned to clothes, Eleniel said, "Red for me. Green or darkened blue as well."
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
After hearing Írimë's reply Thurinlass turned to go back with Harn. After Harn's inquisition Thurinlass smiled, "Ai yes. I forget sometimes that not all are elven." He began, "Cuiviennen is a lake far to the North, and East. It lies nestled just beyond that which men call the Mountains of the East. It was there, many tens of thousands of years ago, that the fathers of the Elves awoke. There we rose from slumber for the first time and there we saw that which lied about. This ancient place is where I intend to lead our merry little band. I wish to show you all the ancient and tell you many tales. The road now is lost, however I know it, for I have walked it before." Thurinlass paused and looked at Harn, "You will be the first mortal to have gazed upon it." He said to him as they walked.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"They used to say in my village that beyond the Far Eastern Mountains is enchanted." Harn said, "but they also said that this Wood was dangerous and that a witch lived here and now I know that it was not true. Can you tell me more about your kin? The stories in our villages did not go far into those beginning years."
The first mortal, he thought, an honor that I am not worthy of. But I would not pass it to someone else. Harn shivered as the wind crept through the trees, "There will be a chance of supper before we go?"
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Ilyea walked back to the stable. She did not feel like running. She had hoped her brother would come. " That one problem about you, Ilyea," she told herself. " You get your hopes up much to quickly," She kicked a stone and watched it fly through the air. It hit a near by tree with a dull thump.
Ilyea made it back to the stable and opened the door. "Linriel, I...," but Linriel was not there. Just two Elf maidens, two she had never seen before. " Greetings, friends," she said to them.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Ilyea walked back to the stable. She did not feel like running. She had hoped her brother would come. " That one problem about you, Ilyea," she told herself. " You get your hopes up much to quickly," She kicked a stone and watched it fly through the air. It hit a near by tree with a dull thump.
Ilyea made it back to the stable and opened the door. "Linriel, I...," but Linriel was not there. Just two Elf maidens, two she had never seen before. " Greetings, friends," she said to them.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Laughing, Meri let her cousin drag her outside. They ran through the woods for a few minutes, attempting to locate their friends. Where would they be? Perhaps they were at their flets. Or perhaps... They hadn't been at the armoury, getting gear, but maybe they were preparing another way. She raised her eyebrows at Beri.
"To the dressmakers?" she asked.
"Race you."

They were not familiar with the location of the seamstress, never having had interests in fancy dresses before, so they lost their way and had to ask twice for directions. Then they found a flet with the seamstresses' symbol carved above the doorway, and brushed some dust off their clothes before entering. It did little to improve their appearances, however, and a young elf maiden, presumably assisting the seamstress, told them to wait outside while she fetched a clothes brush. Standing out there, wincing as she none-too-gently brushed the worst of the dirt out of their tunics, Meri silently pleaded for the others to come out of the flet, or to hasten towards them if it was indeed their destination but they had not reached it yet.

"You cannot enter in such a state," the assistant reprimanded. "And when you do go in, you must not touch anything."
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel turned to see who had entered; it was an elf maid she did not know, though she seemed quite friendly. Did she just say Linriel?

"Greetings." She said, much more quietly than had Ilyea. She bowed slightly, but did not approach her. She felt rather self conscious in the presence of someone she had never met before.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
She was greeted quietly by the first maiden. She could tell she was, like Eleniel, cautious of new people. Ilyea approached them and asked, " Have you seen Linriel? I am looking for her. I was going to tell her that I would like to accompany her on her adventures, if the company will have me,"
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
"I am Adonnenniel. I would love to look for a horse with you, I'm afraid I will need some help."

She is weary, Írimë thought. Weary from grief and trying to hide her pain. Just like me. A shadow darkened her eyes, but she did not let Adonnenniel see it. They had walked a few more steps in silence when the door to the stable door opened. A female elf stood framed in the light, looking around the interior. Apparently not finding the one whom she had come for, the elf turned to Írimë and Adonnenniel. "Greetings, friends!" she said brightly.

Adonnenniel gave a reserved greeting in return, and by the time Írimë opened her mouth to do the same, the new elf was speaking again. "Have you seen Linriel? I am looking for her. I was going to tell her that I would like to accompany her on her adventures, if the company will have me."

Írimë spoke up now. "My name is Írimë. I do not know the person you are looking for, being only recently arrived in these parts. I spoke with another however, one I assume to be the leader of your quest. His name is Thurinlass, and he said he was going to gather the rest of your group. Perhaps your friend is making last minute preparations? Maybe she could be found in her chambers or a shop." Írimë wished she could do more to help, but this was all she could think of at the moment.

[Edited on 01/05/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
<< First4243444546Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email