Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First4344454647Last >>
Author Topic:
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass smiled at Harn's request, "Indeed I will tell you all you can stomach!" he said in answer. Following that Thurinlass told him of the awakening of the elves, and the chief tales of their journey to the sea, then he told of the sundering of the elves and his voyage over the ocean and the sights of Aman. "Ai," Thurinlass exclaimed, "you cannot imagine the beauty of it. Before there was a curtain of rain and silver glass obscuring it, it shone for league upon league. Brighter and fairer than sunlight, and softer and more peaceful than moonlight." As he finished his speech, Thurinlass and his mortal acquaintance all but came upon the healer's flet.
The sky is afire with wroth, and the rivers are red with blood.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel and Eleniel happily entered the dressmakers flet not knowing where to look first. Each maiden went to a different area of the shop. Eleniel went to the belts and tunics but Linriel caught a glimpse of some shimmering fabric and headed straight to the back of the flet.

This is perfect thought Linriel as she ran her hands over a soft purple gown. "Linriel, is that you?" Linriel turned to the voice and was surprised to see Sarwen, a dressmaker she knew many years ago. "Sarwen!" cried Linriel as she hugged the maiden. "How wonderful it is to see you again! I see you are finally putting your sewing skills to good use." Sarwen laughed, "Yes, I love working with the rich fabrics we have here and thought my skill with a needle would best be served making garments. The dress you are looking at is made of a new fabric called silk. It is good for traveling because it can be folded and will not wrinkle." Linriel answered, "Yes, it is quite beautiful and I will take it. I also need several pairs of leggings and tunics to match."

"Let us go and see if your friend is finding clothing she likes. I can show both of you some of my new designs." Sarwen told Linriel as she guided her to the leggings and tunics.

Eleniel had several garments in her arms in rich shades of blue and green. "Those are lovely," Linriel said to her. "Do not forget to look at belts."

Sarwen stayed to help Eleniel as Linriel wandered throughout the shop looking at the many lovely garments. She selected a deep purple leather vest and could not resist a cream coloured lace frock with matching leggings. "I think this will do," Linriel said aloud and turned to join Eleniel.

Bildarion climbed down the tree and ran to his horse. His pack was full and he was ready to leave. He jumped on his horse and spurred the animal towards Cuivienen.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel turned to the horses, she needed to find one for their journey. She walked along the stalls until a gentle pare of eyes met hers. A chestnut mare looked back at her with a gentle, sweet expression. She approached the mare slowly and stroked her neck and whispered in her ear, "I must travel to Cuivienen, but I am not strong like the others, will you help me?" The mare nodded to her and Adonnenniel felt she had made the right choice, this horse would be able to keep a smooth gait and carry her safely though she tired easily. She led the mare out of her stall and began brushing her.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Ilyea saw the maidens were busy. "Maybe she could be found in her chambers or a shop?" " Yes, I will check there," she told Írimë. Ilyea thought about what she had said. She did not do well with leaders. Last time she had went on a journey with a group, the leader only lead them into trouble and darkness. Ilyea looked around to find her friend. Ilyea reached the healing flet and still did not find her. She heard a name she recognized. Thurinlass. Ilyea looked up and saw a tall Elf talking with a human man. Ilyea approached him slowly. " Greetings. Would you be Thurinlass?" she asked him. She was cautious of him, as she was of all people in power.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel heard commotion outside and looked towards the door. She saw Meri and Beri getting their clothes brushed off before they could enter.

"Meri! Beri! It is good to see you! I am here with Eleniel getting some new garb for our journey. We should be leaving soon." Linriel smiled with affection at the two cousins she came to care so much about.

Merilwen and Beriadanwen entered the flet and began to look at traveling clothes.

Linriel looked at all three of her friends, happy to know them. Finding out Eleniel is Bildarion's daughter came as quite a surprise. I wonder what he is doing now.

She continued walking among the rows of garments while many miles away, Bildarion made his way to Cuivienen.

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beriadanwen stared mutinously at the ground while the dressmaker's helper brushed down her clothes. Why couldn't they just go in as they were? It wasn't as if they would brush past all the dresses and make them unclean! She looked up in surprise as Linriel came out of the flet. So their guess had been right.

"Linriel! It is good to see you too. We were looking for you, and also we need new travelling clothes," Beri said.

Linriel went back inside, and she stood there impatiently, fiddling with the hem of her tunic. Finally the elf woman stepped back, appraising them with a critical eye, and deemed them fit to enter. But as Beri stepped forwards, she was stopped, and the assistant produced a bowl of water and a cloth to dry her hand with.

After what seemed like hours, and feeling much more well-scrubbed than she would like, Beri entered the flet at the side door, with her cousin close behind her. She smiled at Eleniel, and inclined her head to Sarwen, the dressmaker. She passed rows of brightly colored silk dresses and made her way towards the more dull-coloured travelling clothes. There were greens, browns, and greys. She had always worn green and dark brown, but maybe it was time to wear grey. she had always avoided it because it made her think of Lothlorien, but perhaps it was time to acknowledge her birthplace.

Together in this as in everything else, both of the young elves picked grey. For Beri, dark grey leggings, a green-grey tunic with a dark brown belt, and a short, thick cloak of an ashen-grey colour. The dressmaker had tried to convince her to take a full-length cloak, but she had refused on the grounds that she might trip over the hem. In truth, it was her act of rebellion. She would take new clothes, in the colours of Lothlorien, but she would not make herself appear refined and graceful. And for Meri, light grey leggings, a blue-grey tunic with a black belt, and a thin, full-length cloak the colour of moonlight on stone.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Írimë watched Adonnenniel bond with her new horse. She nodded approvingly. They were perfect for each other. "Now to find a suitable mount for myself." She passed several more stalls, glancing at each horse before moving on. Roans, bays, chestnuts blacks...Neigh! Írimë stopped short and turned around. The horses all appeared to be absorbed in eating the oats in their feeding bins. She shrugged and started walking away when the sound came again. Írimë looked around again, but could not identify the source of the sound.

When this happened a third time, she tried a different strategy. She kept right on walking, apparently ignoring the horses, and quietly began whistling a tune to further enhance her appearance of indifference. The insistent Neigh! came again, but this time it was followed by more sounds - the rasp of a hinge and the clop of hooves on the hard packed floor of the stable. Something nudged Írimë's back and she turned around. Before her stood a tall stallion. His black coat was dusted with a million white flecks, like stars in the night sky. The mane and tail where a soft silver, and the hooves were nearly hidden by long hair of the same color.

The horse's dark eyes seemed to wink merrily with amusement and mischief. Írimë reached out a hand to touch the white crescent moon marking on his face. The stallion stood still and allowed her to gently stroke him as she moved to his flank. Gathering a handful of his silver mane, she pulled herself onto his back and walked him through the open stable door.

After walking around the stable for a few minutes, Írimë brought him to a halt and prepared to dismount. The horse saw his chance to play another trick on the unsuspecting elf. He waited until she was unbalanced, then took off at a gallop through the forest. Írimë gasped at the sudden movement, but determined to not let the horse have his way, she hung on. The horse was strong and well built, yet his movements were smooth and graceful. The horse let out a joyous neigh, and Írimë found herself laughing as the wind blew her dark hair out behind her. This was glorious!

All too soon the ride was over. The horse took Írimë back to the stable and stood still as she slid off his back. The ride had dispelled any doubt in either mind. The match was perfect.

[Edited on 01/05/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel looked carefully at the wool tunic she first picked up.

"The wear is good," someone said from behind her, and she turned. "The best you will find in Lothlorien."

"I see," said Eleniel. She knew that her clothes would sully themselves quickly, so she picked up another tunic of the same style,a deep burgundy.

"Do not forget to look at belts," Linriel called.

Eleniel nodded in agreement, and went over to a shelf of them. On the very bottom lay a thick, leather one, meant to be worn by a male. She picked it up. It would be heavy, but she had much to carry. Her medicinal pouch, her sword, her knives. She wrapped it around her waist experimentally.

Meri and Beri came into the shop, and Linriel continued to look at garments.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
The cousins were trying to barter with the clothes-maker. They did not have the coins for the price she asked, and she would not accept less. Instead, they offered other things.

"How about some of the finest arrows I have ever made," Meri offered.
"You are just a child. Whatever skill made those arrows is not one quarter the skill of most elves here, including myself," was the brusque reply.
"Our service to call upon whenever we are in Lothlorien, then."
"And will that be often?"
"No..."
"How about our flet for storage?" Beri chipped in. "As we have said, we are rarely here, and even when we are we prefer not to make use of it, so it sits empty. You may have it, for whatever use you deem it fit for."
"I'm listening. Tell me more. Where is this flet?"

Eventually they agreed. The dressmaker would take the flet, which was not too far away, and in return they would take the clothes, and in future would only pay half the worth of any other items they bought from her. They shook hands, and Meri offered to show her to the flet, but she declined, saying that she had lived her for many hundreds of years, and therefore an accurate description would do. The cousins bowed, gathered up their neat piles of clothes, and went over to where Linriel was inspecting some leggings.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass was stopped by yet another fair maid. "Yes indeed!" he said in cheery response to her inquiry, "It seems to be my fate this day to meet those whom the younger should meet!" Thurinlass laughed slightly at his remark. "But come now," He beckoned, "What is it you seek, surely your humble servant can be of the utmost assistance." He bowed low. In truth he knew not at all weather or not she was in a place of authority, but Thurinlass had learned long ago that simple bow and sweet word can lighten even a dark heart, so it became habit of his.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel finishes brushing her horse and gets a bridle for her, but when she tried to saddle her she, could not lift it. It didn't used to feel so heavy, I have done this many times before... She tried again, but she couldn't do it, and she was shaking from the effort. She sat down on a bale of hay, a single tear of frustration escaped from her eyes. Discouraging thoughts flooded her mind, like chains on her hands and feet, weighted and pulling her down. Trembling, she resisted as best she could, holding on to the knowledge that she was still wanted.

[Edited on 01/07/2015 by HuldahMaria]
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass seemed happy of heart and wise. He reminded her of, no, she must not compare him to that. " This needs to be a new experience, not like the others. Linriel would not lead me into misfortune," " You are the leader of the company headed to Cuivienen correct?" Thurinlass inclined his head. " I am a friend of Linriel's, I believe you know her. I have been on many an adventure and while I am young I have more experience than most. I can hunt and I can set up shelter. May I accompany you on your quest?"
While Thurinlass thought about her request Ilyea got more and more anxious. " What if he says no? What if I have to stay here? No, I can't. He is coming soon, I must leave. He can't find me. I will just leave, and go to Rivendell alone. Visit my kin," Ilyea's heart rate sped up thinking about what would happen is he found her.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel smiled at Meri and Beri. "I see you have made a bargain with Sarwen. Clever of you. Do you have all you need? I am taking an extra pair of leggings and I did get a new gown that I simply could not resist."

The trio wandered over to Eleniel who was trying on a very thick and heavy belt. "I think that belt will serve you for your purpose, Eleniel," remarked Linriel. She thought of her medicine pouch, old and worn but still serviceable. I would rather get another gown

Sarwen came to them. "Is there anything more I can help you with? There is talk that you are all going to embark on a great journey to Cuivienen." Linriel nodded. "Yes, we are leaving for Cuivienen. Thurinlass will be our guide. We have long desired to visit the place where our kin awoke. Since Thurinlass is Firstborn, traveling there with him will be an extraordinary experience."

"Ah, Thurinlass," replied Sarwen. "Galadriel seems to have animosity towards him." Linriel nodded. "I do not know what has caused the rift between them. They seem to barely tolerate each other."

Linirel cast a look around the garment shop. "Do we have everything we need as far as garb is concerned? Do we need to gather anything else before we leave?' The elf turned to Sarwen and gave the dressmaker a hug. "Thank you for everything my friend. I look forward to telling you of this journey when I return." Sarwen returned the hug. "Keep safe, Linriel."
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Írimë walked back into the stable, followed by her new horse. He would need a name, but that would require some thought. She spotted the shelves of grooming supplies on one wall. He would also need a good cleaning. May as well start with that. She began walking toward it when she noticed Adonnenniel sitting on a hay bale. Her eyes were sad and she looked defeated. Írimë was going to ask what was wrong, but she figured it out. A saddle sat in a heap on the floor at her feet.

Írimë picked up the saddle and put it on Adonnenniel's horse, being sure to properly fasten all the straps. Then she took a seat beside the slender elf. It was some time before she spoke, but when she did her voice was soft. "Adonnenniel. I have only known you this little while, but I can already see what a lovely person you are. There is something troubling you. But whatever this cloud is that hangs over you...it can not hold you captive forever.

One day you will be strong. Perhaps more strong than you were before this sorrow came upon you. And you will smile again. Not as a pretense to make those around you stop worrying...but with true joy." She paused a moment, then continued. "But in the meantime I want you to know that you are not alone. You have many friends who love you dearly," -this last bit was just an assumption, but she was fairly certain it was an accurate one- "And...I hope to soon be counted as one of them."

Now Írimë knew something. She knew she could not leave this maiden to fight her battles alone. If this company will have me I will go wherever they are headed. Adonnenniel needs someone who understands what she is feeling. With this thought in her mind, Írimë took the younger maid's hand. "Come Adonnenniel, we have a journey to prepare for!"
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
"Do you have all that you need?" Linriel asked.

"I think so," Meri replied, looking at her cousin for confirmation. Beri nodded, and they followed Linriel over to where Eleniel was standing. Sarwen and Linriel began discussing Thurinlass. They mentioned that Galadriel was in disagreement with him. Meri frowned. She had not noticed this when she had heard them talking before. It was at times like this when she felt how young she truly was. She did not care for barbed civilities and people who did not mean what they said. Politics and careful wording and polite threats were foreign to her, and often she could not grasp what people truly meant. She wished that speaking clearly was valued more than tactical exchanges and trying to gain information to use to some advantage while using long, fanciful terms to say absolutely nothing of worth.

Suddenly feeling weary, Meri sat down on a plain wooden bench against one wall, while Linriel bade Sarwen farewell and prepared to leave the dressmaker's flet.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel watched as Irime easily did what she could not do. She knew she felt sorry for her. Irime's words were comforting. Her fingertips, still a bit shaky, traced the edge of the cloak she wore.

As Irime took her hand, she met her eyes and nodded. She had to pull herself together, and quickly.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass smiled and chuckled merrily, "The answer I have for you is both yea, and nay." He waited a moment then said, "I am no leader of anyone. I am simply a guide to those whom I call to be my acquaintances. Therefore, nay, I am not the leader. In regards to your seconds question, I should be most glad to lead yet another young elf to the place where our kindred began! It would be lovely to have you." Thurinlass waved on, "Come with me, we are seeking to unite or company and set out." Thurinlass made for the dress maker's.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Ilyea nodded and followed Thurinlass. He seemed of a cheerful disposition and wise beyond measure. " I am sorry if I come off to you as a big, cold," Ilyea apologized. " It is not my intent to offend. I have just had a bad experience with people in positions of power and the leaders of the companies I have traveled with in the past,"
Ilyea wondered what this journey would be like. She wondered how many people were in the company, who they were and what they were like.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The four elf maidens left the dress maker's flet, each carrying a parcel of new belongings. Leggings, tunic, vest, gown..I think that is all I needed mused Linriel. Her thoughts turned to her mother and the package that was left for her. I will not open the box now. I will wait until I return from Cuivienen.

A warm breeze was moving branches and birds were singing. Linriel looked up and saw the sky. Cloudless and bright. She thought of the awakening of the elves at Cuivienen. Darkness greeted them save for the tiny points of light that were the stars as Varda placed them. How wonderous a sight that must have been to see the stars for the first time! I so long to hear the tale from Thurinlass.

The path leading to the stables narrowed and as the four maids rounded a bend, there stood Harn, Ilyea and Thurinlass. Linriel was delighted to see Ilyea and hoped her friend would be joining the company. Introductions were made, happy greetings were exchanged and the seven companions began to make their way to the stables.

Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel nodded in response. This was enough for Írimë. She helped the younger elf to her feet before releasing her hand. "You seem to be ahead of me in your preparations. I need to find and pack fresh clothes before we set out."

A very young elf appeared in the doorway. "Are you the one called Írimë?" he asked, looking at her.

"I am indeed," Írimë answered kindly.

The elfling grinned. "The lady Galadriel sent me to show you to your flet. It is not far."

"Just a moment." Írimë turned to Adonnenniel. "I have a few belongings to store away. I will not be gone long." She turned back to the youth. "Lead on!"

~*~*~*~

The young one pointed Írimë to her flet, then dashed away on some new adventure. She smiled as she watched him go. "Everything is new and exciting to the very young." Then Írimë began her ascent up the tree. It was different, climbing up a tree to reach your chambers rather than walking up stairs, as she had been accustomed to in Imladris. But the thought of living in a tree held a certain appeal for Írimë. She reached the top and looked around. The flet was furnished simply, but that fact seemed to bring out the natural beauty of the place. "I could easily grow used to living in such a place. I almost wish we were not leaving again quite so soon. It would have been nice to rest here for a little while. Ah well, perhaps when we return."

She crossed the room to put her extra bag in the wardrobe, and caught her reflection in the tall mirror that stood in the corner. "I look a sight!" she laughed. Her face and clothes were dirty from the road, and three leaves were stuck in her long, and more than slightly disheveled, tresses. "I will need to take care of that before we leave." Turning from the mirror, she went and opened the wardrobe. Her eyes grew wide when the door swung. "There must be some mistake!" The wardrobe was filled with some of the most beautiful clothes Írimë had ever seen. But wait, what was that piece of paper pinned to a dress sleeve? The elf removed it and scanned the words.

Dear Írimë,
Because I knew you would not have time to get new clothes for your journey, I have supplied some for you. I hope you will find these garments to your liking.
~ Galadriel

Írimë looked with wonder both at the note and the contents of the wardrobe. How Galadriel knew she had decided to take the trip to Cuiviénen was a mystery to her, for she had not told anyone of her plan. But the note said these clothes belonged to her, so she intended to put them to good use. There were grey dresses, cloaks, leggings, a sapphire velvet dress accented with silver, soft tunics in several colors...so many beautiful clothes! There were also belts and pairs of shoes in the bottom of the wardrobe. Írimë chose several garments and put them into her travel bag.

"What will I wear right now?" She soon settled on a long, deep blue tunic and dark grey leggings. Then a leather belt went around her waist and soft shoes on her feet. After combing her dark hair and adding two little braids near her ears, Írimë checked her appearance in the tall mirror. "Much better!" She threw on a dark brown cloak and grabbed her bag and weapons before hastily descending the tree. "I hope they haven't left without me!" Almost as soon as her feet touched the ground she was off and running toward the stable.

~*~*~*~
Írimë rounded a bend and quickly checked her pace. Four maidens were walking a little ahead of her on the way to the stable. One had black hair, one blonde, another brown, and the last one moonlight. Moonlight? It seemed significant for some reason, but Írimë couldn't think why. Oh, it was because she had never seen that color of hair before. The maidens soon met up with three others Írimë recognized...Thurinlass, Harn and the elf she had met in the stable. The group moved on toward the stable, and Írimë followed at a small distance.

wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Beriadanwen was only a few decades younger than her cousin, but the age difference was occasionally made noticeable. Not only was she a little shorter than Meri, which most people put down to an illusion given by her short cloak, but she had shorter limbs. She tired more easily because she had to run that bit faster to keep up, and she could carry less. She bent over slightly and hugged the bundle to her chest in an attempt to keep it from slipping. The material may have been fine, with a smooth feeling of coolness, but it would not stay in her arms. Perhaps it knew that she would rather have her normal worn, faded brown tunic, or perhaps it resented being handled by someone so grubby. Whatever the case, she was constantly trying to re-wrap it into a more solid package, and as this meant she was focusing on the bundle, she kept tripping over roots and stumbling on uneven patches of ground. Nevertheless, she continued to trot after the others towards the stables, hoping she would soon be able to put the clothes down.

On the path they met Thurinlass, Harn, and another elf she didn't know, but who she quickly gathered would be joining their company. Linriel introduced the cousins to her. Beri gave a hasty nod and a brief smile which could not pierce the worried expression on her face. Please, please let us move on soon, she silently begged her friends. They began to move off. Slow, far too slow! Please hurry, or I will drop these fine clothes, and knowing my luck it won't be on some dry earth I can easily brush off. She felt them slip again. They seemed to be taunting her. You are not worthy of these expensive garments. You should stay here in your grubby clothes. You are not worthy to go to Cuivienen. She desperately hoped that one of the others would notice her plight and come to her aid.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
As one of Beri's packages fell, Eleniel leaned over and grabbed it. "Careful," She said, tucking the package under her own arm. "I will carry this for you. When we go inside, you can place it inside one of my own saddlebags, if you do not have room enough in yours."

The group went inside of the stable. Eleniel went right to Castiel's stall and pet her mane. She put her clothes packages inside her bag, put pulled out her belt and tied it around her waist. I would have liked to see Maldor again before we go.

[Edited on 01/09/2015 by findemaxam48]
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Maldor looked at all the bottles and jars of healing remedies that he collected over the years. He enjoyed his work and was always seeking to learn new cures for the many ailments that continued to arise. So many different illnesses, so many new poisons, it is difficult to find cures for them all. He turned from the bottles and was about to open one of his many books when something on the floor caught his eye. It was a small pouch. He bent down to pick it up and suddenly realized it was not his. Eleniel! She must have dropped it. I must get this to her before she leaves! The kindly elf tucked the pouch inside his tunic and made his way quickly to the stables.

Linriel hurried to Meldir and glanced at the saddle she would be using. It does not have copper stars but will be suitable for the journey. She picked it up and put it across the noble steed's back. She whispered to him. "I am sorry my friend, but we need to use a saddle for this journey. I promise to take if from you as often as I can." Meldir snorted and stamped his blue hooves then gave Linriel a nudge with his nose. She put her arms around his neck. "We have been through many an adventure my loyal steed. You have saved my life more than once. I expect this undertaking to be peaceful but one never knows what perils may lie ahead." Linriel continued putting her things in the saddle bags when she noticed a familiar face. One she did not expect to see.

"Adonnenniel?"
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel heard Linriel's voice as she spoke to her horse. She stood quietly, not wanting to interrupt her. Linriel seemed surprised to see her. She looked at her friend, yes, it's me, what's left of me She approached Linriel slowly. They had been through so much together, and now she didn't know what to say. Linriel had helped her before, supported her through all the drama. She hated being so needy and hoped she would not be a burden to her friends.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel looked around the stable. Her whole days' mission was to be devoted to finding a saddle, but her preoccupation with traveling garb had pushed the saddle from her mind. She saw a shelf of them, lined up near the door, and approached it. There was one of black leather that perfectly matched Castiels' mane, and, Eleniel realized with a start, her own hair. How had she picked a horse- well, how had the horse picked her- with the exact same coloring?

She picked up that saddle and carried it over to Castiel. "Here," She said to the horse, sliding it over her back. Castiel stamped her feet impatiently as Eleniel fastened it and pulled herself up into the stirrup.

"I have no bridle for you," she said, "But i think you will be more comfortable without one." As if in agreement, Castiel whinnied. Eleniel reached into her bag and pulled out a small cake. Castiel chomped it down eagerly and tossed her head.

"No more. When we stop for the night, you will get another." Eleniel busied herself organizing her saddle bags. It seemed like everyone else was being idle, but then again, Eleniel was still somewhat used to traveling alone, on her own feet, with no companions.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Írimë quietly slipped into the stable. The people she had seen ahead on the road were all busy retrieving their mounts and packing up for the journey. They talked and laughed as they worked, so it was obvious most of them were old friends. Doubt began to worm its way into her mind. And what of me? Once again I am the stranger trying to fit in. Will I even be accepted?

Thurinlass could answer that. I must find a chance to speak with him. She glanced around, but he was already engaged in conversation with someone else. I can prepare my horse and speak with him afterwards. Írimë went to her horse's stall and led him out. It appeared someone had groomed him while she was away. Then I just need to fetch a saddle. My other one would not sit well on my new horse...he is much bigger than Sirdal.

Her eyes scanned the building, then lit on a rack near the door. It was filled with several different colors and styles of saddles. She went to it and selected a dark blue saddle in a style that would be good for riding long distances. It is plain, but I can easily remedy that. What else do I need? A bridle? Perhaps, but not one with a bit. Írimë smiled at the thought. He would never submit to that. A dark blue bridle hung right next to the saddle she had chosen. This will be just right!

She took these back to where her horse stood patiently waiting. "Do you mind?" she asked him quietly, showing him the items. His dark eyes sparkled and seemed to say, "No...as long as you are the one riding me." Írimë smiled, then put the saddle and saddlebags on the great back. Then she slipped the bridle over his nose and ears and stood back to look at him. "There! You look wonderful."
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
As the clothes began to slip again, Beri fumbled, but some came free and tumbled to the ground. As she watched them fall, Eleniel darted in grabbed them, sweeping them clear before so much as a sleeve could touch the ground.

"I will carry this for you," she said. "When we go inside, you can place it inside one of my own saddlebags, if you do not have room enough in yours."

Beri smiled gratefully, and stammered her thanks. She followed the elf into the stables. She was about to speak, but Eleniel had already turned to her horse, talking to her and busying herself with tack. She stood quietly in the shadows until it seemed that she was done. Then, when Eleniel was packing her saddlebags and glancing round at the others, she stepped forwards.

"Thank you for helping me back there," she started, then paused. She didn't want to sound as if she was asking Eleniel to carry her things for her. "Indeed, I have no horse nor saddlebags in which to carry them. My cousin prefers not to ride horses, and I would not leave her to go on foot alone. Do not worry, though, we should be able to keep up, if you will permit us a decently slow pace." She flashed a grin at Meri. "Do you know of somewhere I might procure a bag in which to carry them, a satchel or pack of some sort?"
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Harn stepped away as the party grew in number and ran inside the stables to fetch Ithil. He had just finished buckling the last straps on her saddle when the Elf who sang of Cuiviénen entered the stables. Curious, he kept an eye on her while he lead Ithil out of her stall, the horse's hooves clip clopping on the hard floor. Harn checked his saddlebags and Ithil nosed his pockets trying to find the sliced apple. He laughed and handed her one then took another for himself. Ithil's ears pricked forward the another horse was lead out of the stall and she whinnied a friendly hello.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
The whole company arrived at the stables as one and Thurinlass surveyed them all. They numbered nine in all. Each was set about doing their own task, therefore after a brief word with a stable boy, Thurinlass went to his dear friend, and mare, Ilma. Stroking her neck and patting it he checked her bags. A few fresh pairs of grey raiment identical to the current ensemble, and at the very bottom: one sparkling silver tunic with leggings to match, a pair of silver grey gloves, a golden sash, a pair of silver sandals, and lastly, a circlet of Mithril with a Noldorin gem of white light set in the brow. Closing that bag Thurinlass checked the others, a fair amount of food for the others as well as a sufficient amount for himself, water, leaves to make tea, a copious amount of wine, and as usual, an entire bag simply filled with apples for Ilma.

"Well!" Thurinlass exclaimed when he had finished his overview of the supplies he had packed, "Are not we a merry bunch!" He gave a merry laugh then smiling said, "But here we have tarried far too long. Make your final preparations, but do so in haste!" Thurinlass finished and with a graceful leap, mounted Ilma, whom he had let out of the stable moments earlier.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel held her head up and tried to put on a brave face. She was still wearing Thurinlass's cloak, her own was folded in her bags, though he did not seem to be in any hurry to get it back. She lead her horse outside the stable and over to a bench. She whispered to her horse, "please stand very still, I can't do this quite right." She stepped up on the bench first to make it easier to get on, grateful her horse accepted her and didn't mind.

As she sat in the saddle, she knew this was going to be hard. Memories of the last time she had been on a horse, when she had returned to Lorien after the loss of Iellwen assaulted her mind. She moved closer to Thurinlass and the others as they were gathering. She kept looking at them, trying not to stare, but seeing their faces helped her stay in the present.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
After Eleniel situated her things onto Castiel's back, she saw Beri standing in the shadows.

"Thank you for helping me back there," Beri started, then paused. "Indeed, I have no horse nor saddlebags in which to carry them. My cousin prefers not to ride horses, and I would not leave her to go on foot alone. Do not worry, though, we should be able to keep up, if you will permit us a decently slow pace.Do you know of somewhere I might procure a bag in which to carry them, a satchel or pack of some sort?"

Eleniel thought back, and realized that she could not recall Meri or Beri on the back of a horse at all during their travels. how would the cousins keep pace with them, especially with foul things about? "You can use this one," Eleniel said, pulling out something of her own from the bag where she put Beri's clothes. She offered it to the maid. "And, if you feel not like carrying it, I can drape it over my saddle horn with my others."

She was cut off by Thurinlass, who said, "Well!Are not we a merry bunch!" He gave a merry laugh then smiling said, "But here we have tarried far too long. Make your final preparations, but do so in haste!"

He then road out of the stable. Eleniel followed, and Meri and Beri shrank back from her to avoid being trampled.

She was the second one out of the stable. The air was clear and fine, and the wind was not unlike the bristles of a brush.

[Edited on 01/13/2015 by findemaxam48]
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
The conversation whirled around Írimë as she stood near her horse. Her eyes took in all the faces around her. Will I find a friend among them?

A few minutes later the preparations seemed to be nearly complete. The tall, golden haired elf leaped onto his horse and exited the stable. When can I speak with him? It must be soon.

The elf of the beautiful black hair mounted her horse and rode out of the stable, followed by Adonnenniel. Írimë took a deep breath. "Come along, Mellon. I will see if we will be accepted on this journey before I get on your back." Her horse snorted and clip-clopped behind her out of the stable door. Írimë felt Adonnenniel's eyes on her and met the gaze with what she hoped was an encouraging smile. But how can I encourage others when I feel in need of encouragement myself? Not wanting to puzzle this out at the present time, she set her mind on other matters.

A few more steps took her to the side of Thurinlass' lovely horse. She suddenly felt very smaller. "My lor- Thurinlass," a pause. "May I accompany your group on this journey?" I can not say why, but I feel as the though I will find the one I seek if I do. Her deep blue eyes met his silver ones. Silver eyes...what a beautiful color. I have never seen eyes such as those.

[Edited on 01/13/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Ilyea entered the stables and saw many new faces. Linriel was there, and so were the Elves who had she had met previously. They were all readying their horses. Ilyea went to the stall at the back to the stable. She passed her horse on the way but she was unable to ride her. She stroked her neck and said, " I wish I could take you. You are the fastest and smartest horse I know. But, you must stay here with your young one. He needs you more than I do," The horse pressed her forehead against Ilyea's. She smiled and kissed her brow.
She went to her other horse, one she had only recently acquired. His name was Henda. He was a proud black stallion with a white star on his brow. He was large and well built. " It is just you and me now Henda!" she said stroking his neck. She placed the saddle blanket on his back. It was a gift from her brother. He had spent days on it. It was a dark forest green with gold and silver threads making intricate patterns along the edges.
After Henda was all ready, she told Linriel she would be back. She ran through the woods and to her small dwelling. She quickly changed her outfit into a forest green tunic and soft but durable grey leggings. She laced up a leather vest. She quickly but neatly packed a red tunic, a grey tunic, and three more pairs of leggings. She also through in lots of the leather cords she used to tie back her hair. She went to her dresser and pulled out her favorite books and placed them on the top of her pack. She placed her hand on the necklace on the dresser. It was a gift to her from Lady Arwen of Rivendell. She had traveled there some time ago and had stayed for a few years. When she was departing Lady Arwen gave this to her and told her it would bring her good fortune on all of her adventures. She had worn it on every journey she had been on since.
She slipped it over her head. Ilyea swung her quiver over her back and laced her sword to her waist. Lacing her arm guards she grabbed her pack and hurried to the stable.

[Edited on 01/13/2015 by Legolas23]
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass sat atop his old friend and mount and surveyed the scene. Most of them were here and he could see Ilyea in the distance. She would be arriving shortly. Each of them seemed nearly done if not altogether finished with their preparations and they would all be underway soon.

Írimë came to him and, after catching herself almost calling him a lord, she asked if she may also come along. Thurinlass eyed her carefully and after some time he said, "But what of your..." He paused for a moment, "Quest I suppose would be the word for it." He said. "What of your seeking for this person? How long has her Ladyship Arwen given you leave to be away?" Thurinlass made these inqueries, but while he did so he was not idle. He inquired of her eyes and prayed them tell. He saw many things of her yet some were shrouded. A great doom is on her.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
As Linriel started to walk towards Adonnenniel, the maid turned to her horse and left the stable without a word. Linriel could not help but notice how pale and drawn Adonnenneil looked. I wonder if she is ill. Linriel shrugged and turned back to her horse. Meldir stamped his hooves, impatient to be leaving. "Steady, my friend. We have a long ride ahead of us." Linriel made sure the saddle was tight. I do not like using a saddle.

She checked her supplies. Clothing, weapons, food, drink. I think I have all I need. What more could I possibly need? Family? All remaining now is my father. My parents sailed to the West and my mother died there. That box! I must open the box my mother left for me. Suddenly, Linriel heard a voice in her head. It was Galadriel! My child, the box will keep. Go now. The journey to Cuivienen will be full of mystery. You have good traveling companions. May the Valar protect you. Namarie! Linriel smiled and thanked Galadriel with her thoughts.

The maiden led her horse out of the stable, anxious to start the journey.
<< First4344454647Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email