Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First4445464748Last >>
Author Topic:
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel gave Beri a bag to keep her clothes in, then she rode out of the stables with the others, so the cousins stepped back against the wall so that they were not in the way. Meri put her new garments in the bag too, and they had a whispered argument about who would carry the bag. Eventually Meri, feeling that it due to her that they did not have a horse and therefore saddlebags, won the debate and shouldered the bag. They walked out of the stables to join the others, and found that yet another unknown elf was talking to Thurinlass.

Is she going to join us too? Meri wondered. So many new people... Despite her best efforts, she couldn't help but wish they had remained a smaller group. Even when there had only been a few of them, the only one she felt she had known (apart from her cousin) was Linriel. It took her a long time to feel comfortable around others, and it seemed that members of their company came and went so quickly she never got to know any of them. She also felt that, since they were generally the youngest two, she and Beri often faded into the background. They could not cook meals, nor were they much help in battle. When the time came for decisions to be made, they were never the ones making them, but simply going along with what the others said. Mostly she didn't mind this, as the others were more experienced and more skilled, but occasionally she did feel that she didn't belong.

Everyone else had their quests and targets, something they were searching for, or running from. But they were here simply because they had nothing else to do. They had no talents to hone and pursue, no skills to make money from. But sometimes Meri thought that perhaps they should find a place to make their home, and leave this group of strangers. There was nothing they could do to aid the others in completing their goals, and, especially with all the newcomers, it felt difficult to call them her friends. Perhaps they should stay in Lorien. Then Meri looked around at them all on their horses, and at the bag slung over her shoulder. Perhaps after they had been to Cuivienen.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
"But what of your..." Thurinlass paused for a moment, "Quest I suppose would be the word for it. What of your seeking for this person? How long has her Ladyship Arwen given you leave to be away?"

Írimë felt his eyes searching hers. No, not her eyes...her soul. Does he see things I do not? The thought unnerved her.

"I feel this journey may be the answer to my quest," she said simply.

Instead of answering his second question in the same forthright manner, she recalled a memory.

Arwen stands in an open room, dressed in beautiful lavender robes. Her eyes are kind, but sadness lies within them. "Írimë, I know your heart is not in Imladris. You came from afar, and abroad you must go again. Seek the one you speak of; my full blessing is with you. If, someday, you wish to return, you are always welcome."

The memory faded, and was replaced by another. This one was from only a short time ago.

The sun slants into the stable, illuminating the dust suspended in the air. Adonnenniel sits on a bale of hay. I cannot leave this maiden to fight her battles alone. If this company will have me I will go wherever they are headed. Adonnenniel needs someone who understands what she is feeling.

Then Írimë was back in the present, still gazing into those ancient silver eyes. In reality only a few seconds had passed, but it felt like an eternity.

[Edited on 01/16/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel quietly watched the others as they readied to set off on their trip. Her mind slowly began to calm down as she made a conscious effort to set aside the old memories. There were new people here, people she didn't yet know very well. She hadn't spoken to Linriel, she wasn't really sure why, she just couldn't think what to say to her.

She looked up at the trees, she didn't know when she would be back here. She fingered the edges of the cloak she was wearing. wanted
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel led Meldir from the stable and noticed Meri and Beri standing off to the side. She quickly went to the young cousins. "Merilwen! Beriadanwen! It gives me such great joy to see you! I take it that you are going with us to Cuivienen." Linriel looked around. "But have you no horse?" She smiled at Meri. "Ah, of course you do not have a horse. Here give me your pack. Meldir can carry it and I will walk with you for a while."

It was a delightful day. Above, the sky was the colour of pale sapphires. The golden fronds of the Mallorn trees stirred in the slight breeze that drifted amongst the branches. Everywhere birds were singing and the scent of jasmine wafted through the air.

Linriel observed the group of companions. Some old friends are here and some are new. We are a much different group than we were over a year ago.

"The three of us have had many adventures together. Do you remember the orc battle when the sweet mice brought tiny twigs of flame up the trees so we could set fire to pine cones?" asked Linriel. She looked at the two cousins. So young and so innocent but they can be counted on to help when danger lurks. "Come, let us join the others."
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Ilyea examined the faces of her new companions. Linriel and Thurinlass she had talked to, but aside from hellos she had never really spoken to anyone here. Ilyea saw the Elf maiden who was in the stable previously. Adonnenniel she believed was her name. She was alone and quiet. They caught each others eye and Ilyea smiled.
It looked as through the company was almost ready to leave. Ilyea secured her things onto her saddle and waited for the others to leave.
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
A soft warm smile crossed Thurinlass' face. He has seen the scenes which the theater of her mind had recalled and all but performed. He nodded slowly several times then said, "Come now, ride with us to Cuivienen. There is much wisdom to be found there and on the road set before us. I have faith you will find your answer."

Thurinlass turned Ilma to face the others and surveyed them. It seemed that everyone was prepared. "Very good!" He called to obtain their attention, "Then lets us be off, on a journey of forty days and five, to the place where the children of Iluvatar first awoke and saw what had been made!" He paused and a caring eye fell on the two cousins, "Furthermore, let us be wary. Our dear cousins are not overfond of horses and will be going on foot. Whilst I have seen firsthand their love of games in the mud, I doubt they would enjoy it with the weight of a beast on them. Therefore be yea not errant in your leading of your horse." With this finished he gave a large smile. After a few moments he added "Come, lets us forge bonds that will endure all things." Then he turned and started forward at an easy pace.
The sky is afire with wroth, and the rivers are red with blood.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel had not moved from her mount since they left the stable. As Thurinlass started off, Eleniel gathered Castiel's mane in her hands and gave her a soft kick.

She wondered what they would find within Cuivienen. She had never been there herself, but a few of Thranduil's court had, though they rarely spoke of it. Was there danger there? Part of her assumed that there never would, or could be, although she also understood that evil was everywhere in the world. That was why so many were sailing. Eleniel could not imagine leaving Middle Earth.

Suddenly, someone stepped across their path. Eleniel stopped, and was surprised to see the healer there. "Maldor!" She cried in surprise. "What is it?"

"Eleniel," Maldor said quickly. "I am glad that I caught you before your departure." He extended something in his hand out to her. Eleniel strained to see it. "Your medicinal pouch." He stepped closer to her to place it in her hand. The leather stays tickled against her palm.

"Thank you," Eleniel said, placing it safely on her belt. She thought she had it with her, but now saw that the pouch she had mistakenly attached before was a small bag of tools. "It would have been a grave error on my part to leave without it."
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
"Come now, ride with us to Cuiviénen. There is much wisdom to be found there and on the road set before us. I have faith you will find your answer."

Írimë released the breath she did not know she had been holding. A smile lit her face as she led her horse out of the way. "Did you hear that, Mellon? We are going to Cuiviénen!" The big stallion snorted in response and shook his mane, eager to be off. "My sentiments are the same as yours, handsome One."

She checked her belongings one last time, making sure her swords were securely fastened at the front of the saddle. Satisfied that everything was in order, she swung lightly into the saddle as Thurinlass spoke again.

"Very good! Then let us be off, on a journey of forty days and five, to the place where the children of Iluvatar first awoke and saw what had been made!" After giving further instruction to those on horseback to be wary of trampling the two cousins underfoot, he turned his horse and started off. Írimë gave her horse a slight nudge and followed the others.

A song she had learned from Bilbo the Hobbit came to her mind, and she began to sing it softly to herself.

"The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began..."
Her song trailed off when the black haired maiden stopped to speak with another Elf. Not wishing to intrude or block the path, Írimë led her horse around them and continued up the path.

"Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say."

"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri smiled sadly as Linriel approached them. Then a true smile briefly lit her face as they recalled past adventures. But when the others turned away, the sombre expression returned. Thurinlass said a few words in his usual exuberant tone, then they set off. The cousins walked briskly behind and off to one side, in an attempt not to be sprayed by the mud from the horses' hooves. They slowly increased their pace so as not to strain themselves when they ran. Eleniel stopped to talk with Maldor, and one of the unfamiliar elves, she wasn't sure which, began to murmur a song, but Meri was too focused on her own thoughts to be particularly aware of this.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel realized the cousins were lost in thought. The sweet dears. I will let no harm come to them.

Suddenly Maldor stood before her. "Linriel, here is a small bag of poppy pods. You know how deadly they can be so use them with great care." Linriel looked at the small pouch and nodded. "Maldor, I shall miss you as I go on this great adventure. I will return, perhaps, with some new plants for you." She hugged her friend. "Be watchful, Linriel." Maldor held her hand for a moment before he turned away.

Linriel slowed her pace and let the others move on ahead. Where is Ilyea? She best be here soon. She watched as Eleniel stroked her horse's mane. This journey will give Eleniel and me a good chance to get to know each other better. That is something I look forward to.

Far, far ahead, Bildarion urged his horse forward. His mithril earring glistened in the sun.

[Edited on 01/22/2015 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel slowed, and, anticipating danger, Eleniel did the same. "What is it?" she asked her friend as Castiel tossed her mane. "Is there anything wrong?"

Eleniel watched as Maldor left, fading into the trees. Part of her wanted to turn and follow after him, lose herself in plants of all colors, shapes and sizes. She asked Linriel, "What did he give you?"

She touched her own medicinal pouch. Thank the Valar I didn't leave it here.

The wind sang in the tree tops. It was a cool wind, but not malicious in it's bite. During their traveling, she had lost track of which season it was, but in Lorien, all seemed temperate. Eleniel recalled how perilous winter travel was, especially with danger on the breeze. Would they see and taste snow? Become stuck, or worse, lost?

There was still one missing, the one with the foal. Eleniel wondered where she could be.

[Edited on 01/22/2015 by findemaxam48]
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Ilyea returned to the stable and checked her bag to make sure everything was there. She stood by her horse and waited for everyone to depart. She suddenly felt like an outside, like she didn't belong here. Many of these people has known each other for a while now, and she had only talked to one at great length. She wondered if this was a good idea. If she should go alone. But then she told herself no. That she really needed to go. " I need to get away from here. He won't be able to find me if I am not here," she said, worrying again.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
The stables soon filled with the company as they took their horses and prepared for the journey. Harn hung back slightly overwhelmed by the sudden rush. He had meant to find Linriel or Eleniel but they had disappeared with the others. Soon the stable was empty and he exited Ithil's stall where he had retreated.
"Well girl we are off again," Harn chatted with his horse, "off beyond the Far Eastern Mountains to this Elven land."
It was then that he saw an Elf maid with her horse.
"Hello," he said, "are you part of the company?"
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel tucked her medicine pouch into a saddle bag and answered Eleniel. "Maldor gave me some poppy pods. The pods contain a white liquid that can be deadly if used improperly. It is mostly used if someone suffers a severe injury and needs relief from pain." I pray I will not have to use it

The two maids rode side by side in silence for a while. Linriel slowed her horse and Eleniel did the same. Even though the day was warm, Linriel felt a chill. She turned to her friend. "Something does not feel right to me. I know this journey will be filled with wonder. We will see and learn new things. Perhaps we will even meet new friends along the way." Linriel looked up at the sky. She spoke again, mostly to herself. "But what is troubling me? What is this sense of dread I feel?"

As they continued on, words from the song Irime was singing drifted back to them. And whither then? I cannot say.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel followed the others. She was quiet, with so many new people she felt like she wasn't really part of this group yet. Her old friends were here, she didn't know the others yet. As she rode she looked around at the scenery. It might be among time before she saw these trees again and she wanted to remember. She wanted to hold on to the beauty, to forget the many memories that haunted her. Getting through this day would require more strength than she thought she had. She had already done more today than she had done in days. But how far could her will take her?
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass rode ahead, the group not far behind, and some even about him. Ere long they all passed out of sight of the city and drew near the edge of the wood. He was merry as ever. His wisdom told him that the journey would, of course, not be a perfect one; however this did not trouble the old Elf for he hand learned that indeed nothing was perfect and it true joy that finds the good in the imperfect things.

Most of the company were walking in the fields of their minds. Írimë was singing in a low voice, but it was a sweet sound, pleasant to hear. Harn, who was at the rearguard, was chatting easily with his horse, a habit Thurinlass had also developed. Eleniel had just received something from Maldor, a bit of medicine no doubt. The entire company seemed silent for a while. Of course after a moment or two the talking began, Linriel was discussing an herb she had received, her voice brought a smile to Thurinlass' face, and harn was inquiring of a newcomer, most likely Ilyea or Adonnenniel seeing as how Harn and Írimë had already met. All accounted for the journey began most pleasantly indeed.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Írimë turned in her saddle and saw that the others were now proceeding again. She turned back to the path and overheard some bits of the conversation going on behind her. Ah, so that other Elf must have been a healer.

Though her soft singing continued, Írimë was lost in thought. I have not yet introduced myself to the others of the company. The one I seek must be among them, or I would not have felt the necessity of taking this journey. So many unanswered riddles. Just like the riddle of her past. The untouched item in the bottom of her bag burned at the back of her thoughts.

The city of Galadriel was now some distance behind them. Írimë looked up at the treetops swaying above. Every now and then a patch of sky would show though, creating a dappled pattern on the ground below. The gentle breeze and soft movement of everything about her soon had Írimë dozing in the saddle. It had been long since she had any real rest...either for her body or her mind.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Ilyea looked up at the boy. She had seen him earlier, with Thurinlass, but had paid him no mind. " Yes, I am, but only as of today," Ilyea did not say much else. She was starting to get an uneasy feeling about her, like something was wrong. " Just don't think about it. Keep moving. He will never find you here. By the time he reaches Lorien you will be long gone. He can't track you. And no one will tell. Stop worrying," she thought to herself.

She always talked to herself, either out loud or in her mind. It helped to calm her and to keep her from going insane.
It had happened almost 10 years ago, but he had never stopped hunting her. She always told everyone she had been in Lorien for 40 years, but it wasn't the truth. Only her brother knew where she had been. He had made excuses for her. Why she couldn't accept an invitation to an outing or couldn't attend an event. He knew who was coming.

Ilyea recalled the conversation she had had with her brother a week ago. " You should leave Lorien," he told her. " I know, I just, I just don't know where to go. Where could I go where he could not find me?" " I don't know," he replied. " But I do know this, you are vulnerable here. He knows you would come here, to be with me. I am the only family you have left," " You need to go then as well. He could kill you as revenge, or torture you into telling him my whereabouts," " I wouldn't tell him if it cost me my life," " I know. I will leave soon. I promise. But you must leave shortly after. But not at the same time, he would know. Somehow, he would know,"Ilyea said with a note of finality in her voice. He nodded and embraced her. She shivered, even though she was not cold.

Ilyea shook the memory from her head and tried to concentrate on the present.

[Edited on 01/27/2015 by Legolas23]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel nodded to Linriel's description of the poppy plant, but it's healing properties were not what intrigued her. Poison? How is it that something that can heal can also destroy?

Her thoughts were broken into by Linriel. "Something does not feel right to me," She said. "I know this journey will be filled with wonder. We will see and learn new things. Perhaps we will even meet new friends along the way."

Now Linriel looked upwards, and then whispered, "But what is troubling me? What is this sense of dread I feel?"

Irime's song faded into the wood. Eleniel looked all around her, up at the clouds and down the the soil. "Its the trees," She said finally. When Linriel didn't speak, Eleniel added, "Trees breathe in air and light and secrets. They hold things that the bodies or minds of men nor Elves can fathom. If you feel unsettled, look to the trees. They hold secrets, yes, but they are willing to divulge them."
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Hello all, this is my first post and I've just joined, so be kind to me! Hopefully I'll improve soon!

=======================

Itarildë looked at the company as they began to leave, and was trying to decide whether it was time for her to once again wander off on an adventure. She knew none of the others, and was worried they would be wary of her, especially as they all seemed so friendly and familiar with one another. Despite her well-known lineage, many found Itarildë a difficult companion at first, due to her usual silent and distant nature.

Silmë, her father's gift to her, nudged her gently with his nose, huffing impatiently, worried they would leave without them.

"I know, Silmë, I know..." she sighed, looking longingly at the group. "I want to join them too, but if they are already too big a number...?"

She turned away, worrying with her circlet and hair. If only her grandfather could she her now. Not to mention her father. Elrohir wouldn't stand for such indecisiveness. Itarildë made as if to walk towards the gathered elves, but stopped once more to stroke Silmë's shining mane as one turned back to look at her questioningly.

In that moment, it was decided.

"Now or never, Ildë."

No matter what, Itarildë was going to make this journey to Cuivienen. She owed herself and her curiosity that much. She also couldn't face turning back and telling Lord Elrond, her dear grandfather, she had changed her mind because of nerves, and worry she would be disliked.

"This is it Silmë, no daughter of Elrohir is going to turn down a journey on horseback. And think of all we can see and experience!"

With that, she took hold of Silmë's reins, jumped into the saddle and rode to catch up to the quickly disappearing group, her head held high. With her bow and quiver upon her back, and the treasured silver beads laced into her dark hair, Itarildë was ready for anything. Her grandfather's parting words in her mind:

"Go well, Ildë-nîn. And promise me I will see your smile again soon."

[Edited on 01/28/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel jumped, making Castiel start. She turned in her saddle, and saw someone riding toward them, quickly. Translucent beads bounced in her hair as she headed for their group.

"Linriel," Eleniel said in a low voice. "Harn!" She reached for her sword at her belt, knowing full well that knives may have been a better fighting choice. How ironic that she had just been thinking about poison. Deadly seeds didn't just come from poppy plants or flowers, they came from each and every being. Some mild, some potent, but all present.

Eleniel closed her hand on her sword as she pulled Castiel to a stop, then swug around to cut off the newcomers' path. "Who are you?" She demanded.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Itarildë almost, almost turned Silmë straight around again when she came closer to the group. They were on edge and wary, just as she had feared. Hands were held above weapons, alert and ready.

"Who are you?" asked the one who had turned to look at her approaching.

Silmë despite sensing Itarildë's caution trotted forwards defiantly, snuffing.

"I am Itarildë, from the House of Lord Elrond, daughter to Elrohir. I mean no harm..."She paused, faltering in speech as they had now all stopped to look at this latecomer. "I wished to join you upon your journey to Cuivienen. I held back at Lorien..."

Why? Why had she held back? But of course she knew exactly why. She was scared they would reject her companionship. And the fear was crawling up her throat once more, causing her to avert her eyes.

She knew she should have gone to see the Lady Galadriel. The group were still looking at her expectantly. She coughed quietly and began once more.

"I held back at Lorien, as my dear Silmë had tired from our journey from Imladris. I wanted to be sure he would be able to keep up."

It was a useless white lie, but she could think of nothing else to say that they would not laugh at. Silmë grunted disapprovingly.

[Edited on 01/28/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Írimë had been dozing in the saddle, scattered dreams floating through her head. There were people talking together some distance off in her dream, and at first she could not tell what they were saying. Then the words became clear. "I am Itarildë, from the House of Lord Elrond, daughter to Elrohir. I mean no harm... "I wished to join you upon your journey..." The words temporarily faded out. Írimë sat up in her saddle, now fully awake. The words were not coming from her dream, but from somewhere behind her. "...my dear Silmë had tired from our journey from Imladris. I wanted to be sure he would be able to keep up."

Can it be? Though Írimë was officially a handmaiden to the Lady Arwen, she had always been regarded more as a ward, if not adopted daughter, of Lord Elrond. Thus she had been closely connected with his family since her coming to Imladris. Itarildë, if indeed it was her voice Írimë had heard, was no exception. Írimë turned her horse around and rode back up the path to the spot where a group had gathered. "Ildë!" Írimë called, riding up to the circle of horses and riders. "What fate brings us here at the same time?" Her blue eyes shone a greeting to the newcomer. So I am not entirely amongst strangers after all.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Linriel turned Meldir quickly and trotted to the newcomer. Eleniel blocked the path and that action caused Linriel to think...At least Eleneil can be counted on if things go awry.

"Greetings to you, Itarilde. I am Linriel and I see you have met Eleniel. The boy is Harn." Linriel looked back at the company, too far away to introduce. "You seek to join us on our quest to Cuivienen? We were in Lorien for quite some time, it would have been good to have met you there to acquaint you with our group. Most of us have traveled together in the past, save for a few." Linriel paused as a large flock of ravens flew overhead.

Meldir stamped his blue hooves and gave a snort, impatient to be on the way. Linriel smiled at her dear friend and ran her hands through his mane. "Meldir be polite, we have a new companion who is joining us."

Linriel gave a brief nod to Eleniel then said to Itarilde, "Come, let us join the others, we have delayed this journey long enough."

Irime suddenly rode up and spoke to the new companion. Ah, they know each other. That is good. thought Linriel and she smiled. "It seems you and I have not yet spoken," she said to Irime. "I think this journey will bring us many new adventures and also new friendships. Let us go."

Harn started back to the group while the four maids rode together. Eleniel and Linriel, already friends, and the two others, Irime and Itarilde also seemingly friends. Yes, this journey will take us on a great adventure. thought Linriel. But something still stirred her mind. The trees. Eleniel said to look to the trees

[Edited on 01/29/2015 by Lindarielwen]
Mr.Panda39
Council Member
Send Message
Thurinlass stopped when the newcomer caused the fuss. Eleniel seemed rather hostile and this elf was proud. She introduced herself as the daughter of Elrohir. Ah, the first snag. Thurinlass thought to himself. It was no secret that the House of Elrond held no great love for Thurinlass. All though there was bad History he was not altogether worried. He turned around to see all the welcomes and noted that this also gave Harn a chance to catch up, which was good in his Thurinlass' eyes.

Thurinlass rode up to Itarildë, whom Írimë apparently knew, and gave a small bow. "Welcome, and well met, Daughter of Elrohir. I am Thurinlass, then humble guide of this merry company." He paused and searched her face, "I hope our numbers do not daunt you, I assure you will not be met with rejection. We would be glad to have you." He spoke this last part without asking the others, simply for the fact that he knew this to be an accepting band of friends. " Thurinlass, prompted by Linriel's words, rode along side the maidens as he spoke these things. "I hope you find friends, though it seems you already have one." Thurinlass gave her one more good gaze then smiled merrily, "T'was wise of you," He said, "To let your horse take some rest ere joining us." Then, with a twinkle of his silver eyes he trotted up a short distance ahead, giving a nod to the cousins, and resumed his thoughts.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message

Eleniel found herself glowering at Ilde. The name was familiar to her, somehow. It reminded her of her home in Mirkwood, of her King and her Captain and her brother and...her father.

Eruantien was over one thousand and fifty years older than her. Eleniel knew that their mother had left them nearly immediately after giving birth to her, but did not know the details of her parting or if she was even still alive. Because of Bildarion's common...absense, Eruantien took to caring for Eleniel when he was gone. They were close, and as Eruantien aged, he was taken more and more into Thranduil's confidence. It was how Eleniel had become playmates with Legolas and Tauriel.

And then Eruantien left. Eleniel was terrified, scared that he was beginning to mimic their father's practices. In a way, he was, but he always returned to Mirkwood. For her, she assumed. But his absenses grew more and more drawn out. It made her anxious.

When her brother died in battle,Eleniel thought she would fade from the grief. But Thranduil, and then Legolas, forbade it from happening. They kept her busy in the court, running errands. In Bildarion's absense,Thranduil let Eleniel sit in court in his stead. Then, on her one thousand th birthday, she left Mirkwood and took to traveling. Thranduil had always welcomed her back. And seeing Legolas months earlier had given her comfort in the woods. She knew she would always be welcomed home.

Eleniel started, realizing she was not only still glaring, but still gripping her sword. She relaxed her grip but could not quell her stare. More newcomers. She trusted four members of their group: Linriel, Harn, Castiel, and herself.

Why does Ilde remind me so much of Eruantien? She thought, motioning Castiel forward.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Adonnenniel watched as a new elf maid, one she had never met, joined the group. She felt shy and remained where she was, letting the leaders of the group speak with her. She would get to know her later, when they stopped for rest. She rode closer to Thurinlass. She was not sure what Eleniel meant about the trees, and she did not trust her abilities to sense such things accurately at the present time. Her mind too cluttered, her heart still too sore. Thurinlass made her feel safe, so for now she decided to stick close to him.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Another female elf who looked much less defensive rode towards Itarildë, her hair like moonlight.

"Greetings to you, Itarildë. I am Linriel and I see you have met Eleniel. The boy is Harn. You seek to join us on our quest to Cuivienen? We were in Lorien for quite some time, it would have been good to have met you there to acquaint you with our group. Most of us have traveled together in the past, save for a few." The new elf spoke. Her friend's grip upon her sword was still taught and ready.

"I understand, and my apologies. It was not until I arrived in Lorien that I heard of your group. My grandfather doesn't like me being away for too long, and was quite reluctant to let me leave." Itarildë replied, hoping it was a plausible, and yet truthful, excuse as to why she had been held up.

Linriel's horse seemed just as impatient as Silmë, if not more so, and was eager to be on the move. The elf soothed him while Silmë snorted and shook his head in agreement, while Itarildë noticed movement up ahead.

"Come, let us join the others, we have delayed this journey long enough." Linriel began to move on.

Suddenly, from nowhere, her aunt's handmaiden, Írimë, appeared. She seemed relieved.

"Ildë! What fate brings us here at the same time?" She asked, smiling openly.

"Írimë, mellon nîn! It seems I can never escape the House of Elrond for too long. Did my grandfather send you ahead to keep watch of me?" Itarildë smiled, in jest. She then shuffled uncomfortably on Silmë, not wanting to go into too much detail here. She could confide in Írimë later, when the others were unlikely to overhear her.

As the two smiled together, another elf, the apparent leader appeared. He had long golden hair, and sad eyes, but Itarildë did not doubt he was strong-willed.

"Welcome, and well met, Daughter of Elrohir. I am Thurinlass, the humble guide of this merry company. I hope our numbers do not daunt you, I assure you will not be met with rejection. We would be glad to have you." He had begun to ride alongside them all. She didn't feel entirely comfortable yet, but she was sure in time she would settle into the group. Thankfully Írimë would help with that.

Thurinlass began again, "I hope you find friends, though it seems you already have one. T'was wise of you to let your horse take some rest ere joining us." Silmë snorted abruptly, denying that he had ever been tired. Thurinlass smiled almost knowingly, then turned his horse back ahead.

There were others in the group who had stayed back at her introduction, which was fine with Itarildë. She wasn't brilliant at introducing herself, especially in an openly friendly way. Blunt and very much to the point was much more in her nature.

[Edited on 01/29/2015 by ItarildeSirfalas]
Image Image
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Meri heard hoofbeats, and soon another elven voice rang out. Another traveller seeking to join them on their journey. How many more? She slumped against a tree and closed her eyes. She barely heard the elf, but a few words did manage to penetrate the shield of silence that seemed to surround her. Elrohir... the name rang a bell, as if she should really know who that was, but she couldn't quite place it. She shook her head to clear away the fuzziness, and attempted to focus on what the elf maiden was saying. One of the other elves appeared to know her. She wasn't really following the conversation, but it seemed that they would indeed be gaining another member.

Meri felt that the group was falling apart. They were no longer a company, just many strangers. Some of them knew each other a little, but that only made them draw away from those they didn't know. And perhaps they would leave the group again before she even had a chance to feel comfortable around them... But if she had wished to join a company, she would have wanted to be made welcome, so she smiled and went to introduce herself.

"Well met, Itarildë. My name is Merilwen, though I prefer to be called Meri. My cousin Beriadanwen, or Beri, is over there. It's... nice to have another new member... many of us do not know each other well, so please don't feel like you're intruding. It will be nice to get to know all of you on the journey to Cuivienen."

She knew she was talking to much, and at the same time saying hardly anything. She wanted to simply incline her head and back away, but Thurinlass had been trying so hard to make them feel at ease and keep their spirits high, so she just lowered her gaze and waited for a reply.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
They had moved on slightly further since Itarildë had joined the group, when another member came towards her. Once more Itarildë felt like she was an intruder. But why should she? She had as much right as the next elf to journey to Cuivienen, and not only that, everyone seemed friendly enough, which was new. Except the first elf she'd spoken to. That reaction was one she was much more used to.

"Well met, Itarildë. My name is Merilwen, though I prefer to be called Meri. My cousin Beriadanwen, or Beri, is over there. It's... nice to have another new member... many of us do not know each other well, so please don't feel like you're intruding. It will be nice to get to know all of you on the journey to Cuivienen." Said the approaching elf.

"Well met, Meri. Thank you for accepting me." Itarildë tried to not make too much of that last point, but couldn't help shooting a quick glare at Eleniel. "I hope when we have come to rest we can become better acquainted."

Itarildë respectfully bowed her head, and looked at Írimë to see if her behaviour was appropriate. It was plain to see Itarildë had taken after her father in this way, and was unsure how others so unused to her manner would react.
Image Image
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Well if you decide to stay with us I hear it is a lovely place. It was a legend in my village."
Harn turned to the maid but she was deep in thought. Her eyes were haunted, and...mysterious looking. He started when he heard Eleniel call his name and urged Ithil forward. When he reached the front of the group a new elf had joined them. Everyone, except Eleniel, was easing off their weapons, Linriel introduced him.
"Greetings." he called up politely.
Harn pulled back beside Eleniel, who had relaxed somewhate. Somehow he felt safer amoung those he had traveled with.
"What do you think of the quest of our journey? Our new companions?" he asked Eleniel.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Írimë heard names being spoken as she rode up. Linriel, Eleniel, and the boy she had already met, Harn.
"Írimë, mellon nîn! It seems I can never escape the House of Elrond for too long. Did my grandfather send you ahead to keep watch of me?" Itarildë returned Írimë's greeting.

Írimë smiled at her friend's small jest. "It seems I cannot escape the House of Elrond either, which I am not entirely upset about." Noting Itarildë's uncomfortable shifting, Írimë thought, There is something she is not telling me. We will speak of it later.

The Elf of the Moonlight Tresses, as Írimë had come to think of her, turned to Írimë after greeting the new Elf. "It seems you and I have not yet spoken. I think this journey will bring us many new adventures and also new friendships. Let us go."

"I believe you are right!" Írimë responded as the four turned their horses and started up the road again.

There was a flurry of introductions as other members of the company came to greet the newcomer.
I received no such grand welcome at my arrival, but that is only because I slipped in without making myself known. Do people greet a shadow? No, only the person to whom it belongs. Such am I, and that is my lot. A pleasant smile remained on her face, yet these thoughts, and many others besides, burned within her heart.

Her mind was turned to other matters when yet another Elf, one of the two cousins, came over to introduce herself to Itarildë. The greetings were exchanged, and Írimë learned that the youthful-looking Elf's name was Meri. Itarildë glanced at Írimë with a question in her eyes as to whether she had behaved appropriately. Írimë gave a smile, answering with her eyes, You are doing well. But all that glaring at the Raven Haired One, is that really necessary? Many habits you have learned from your Grandfather, not all of them good.

[Edited on 01/30/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Eleniel looked to Harn. "Our quest?" She asked, "Noble. Our journey? Seamless, at least thus far. And our companions...?"

She looked behind her and saw Ilde and Irime speaking quietly. She could have sworn that she felt Irime's eyes on her, but continued the glance. Finally,she turned back to Harn.

"Harn,I speak no falsehood. I did not trust you when we first met,and I thought you to be a traitor to my homeland. Now,much has changed. I trust you with my life on this journey. And a life is a precious thing for an Elf to offer,in means of defense or friendship. On this new journey, you and Linriel are the only ones I can trust. And there are other things, other notions calling to. I feel that there are things I do not know, but things that I must discover. Perhaps I will find them on our journey. Perhaps you can help me discover them, because..." She smiled. "Because as far as mortals go, you are among the most pure hearted of them."
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Ilyea lay her hand on her knife. She saw a stranger fast approaching the group. She watched in silence for a moment to see what would happen. The stranger seemed to know some people in the group. So Ilyea relaxed.
Harn had moved away from her and was now talking to one of the Elves. Ilyea would just ride alone for now.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
"Why, thank you," Harn said surprised at Eleniel's sudden revelation, "I will do my best. Perhaps you will come to trust the others, as you have me, I'm sure they have much purer pasts than I have. But I know that I would trust my back to no one but you and Linriel right now, because I know you."
The company was now exiting the Golden Wood, the sun, now high in the sky, seemed to bless the journey with her outstretched beams of warmth.
<< First4445464748Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email