Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1112131415Last >>
Author Topic:
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

School starts tomorrow, and Father still hasn’t made plans for my younger brothers while Maglor and myself are at school. Nor has he done much else save hole up in the workshop. Maglor, Celegorm, and I held an emergency meeting on what to do. Celegorm was included because he will be the eldest and in charge while we were away, but he gave more interest to what he was whittling than the problem at hand, his main contribution to the discussion being “whatever.” (He and all the younger boys are not well pleased about my continued efforts to get them to do the household chores.) Perhaps I should have asked Curufin to attend, as he has a way of getting the others to do things. Of course he would have disagreed with everything I said, so it’s just as well. Anyway, of course we asked Grandfather Finwë if he could babysit, and he said he’d be delighted to, but only for the first day. After that he has to go to Taniquetil for a conference. If it comes to it, I’ll ask Father’s brothers, but the last time we stayed over at their place Orodreth and Curufin got black eyes, Finrod locked himself in the closet and didn’t come out until after we left, and there was a dreadful row about some model ships that got burnt.

We went into town to get school supplies. I got a lot of snacks so my brothers can feed themselves while Maglor and I are at school without burning the house down. Maglor got some top notch sea food from a Teleri family who were asking for a song they had never before heard in payment. His performance attracted quite a crowd. I ended up having to buy a lot of smith tools for Mettalurgy class that I know I already have but was unable to find, Curufin having borrowed them without leave. I was throroughly fed up with shopping by the time we were done. The twins kept whining for treats. Apparently Caranthir had scammed them of their allowance and was hoarding all the candy he bought with it. And Celegorm tried to talk me into paying for a bunch of puppy stuff.

The boys were all smiles about going to Grandfather’s tomorrow. They informed me that they wouldn’t have to do any chores at his house. Honestly, I would quite enjoy being at school for a change if I didn’t have to come home to whatever disaster they have manufactured during the day.

-Maedhros
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Arrived home to find Fëanáro locked in his workshop and the Ambarussa covered in flour as the result of a lack of supervision. Confronted my husband who replied: "I left Maedhros in charge."

When I pointed out that the older boys were back at school; and that it is his job, not his eldest son's to supervise the boys when I'm away, he just shrugged and disappeared into the workshop again.

Honestly, he makes me so mad I could spit!

Nerdanel
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

well, alright, these seven (perfect) globes are neat, in a boring sort of way. But somehow, with seven, I made too many of them. And some of them are way too big. And hardly any of my sons (hmmm - also seven - does this mean anything? Lawks!) showed the slightest interest in them. Three, yes, better number from gut feeling. And not (perfectly) round ... some flat planes all over the surface ... looks kinda nice, makes these things glitter; what shall I call them? Oh §$%&߀@# no, might have to ask the family about this, but Nerdanel currently seems to be very much not amused, and the kids also seem a bit annoyed for unfathomable reasons ...

Curufinwë
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Father has created some round things that we can use to communicate with each other. He was clearly miffed by I and my brothers' reactions to them. I mean they look fine but they're not particularly portable. If he had made them pocket sized, they would be great, but that's father for you: bigger is always better.

He's having a sulk right now which is annoying mother no end. I think I'll go out for dinner this evening.

Maedhros

""Do not meddle in the affairs of Moderators, for they hold power over you beyond imagination."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Seven Stones; Seven Sons; but what the *bleep* was Fëanor thinking of when he created the big Palantiri, like the monster we have placed in Osgiliath? Tulkas might have been able to "handle" it, but anyone else? Seems Fëanor missed the odd reality check, no wonder things went haywire!

Concerned Elendil.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Word has drifted back to me that my beautiful Seeing Stones have ended up in some place called Middle-earth. Apparently, some idiot called Elendil took them there and some of them have been lost. Honestly, does nobody have any respect for the things I create? It's so depressing.

Fëanor

"See, lads, next time this young varmint sets foot on my land, you can eat him. Now see him off!"
"The grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise." ~ R.I.P. Lindarielwen
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Dear diary,

I seem to have found myself running around with this young human, Estel. why am I doing this?

_legolas

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

If he tattles to Lord Elrond about my so-called "bad behaviour" again, I'm going to stab him with one of his knives, and send him back to Mirkwood in a pine box. I did not "meddle" with his precious bow and arrows.

Estel

"See, lads, next time this young varmint sets foot on my land, you can eat him. Now see him off!"
"The grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise." ~ R.I.P. Lindarielwen
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,
I have noticed that recently my bow will not shoot right anymore. I am trying to figure out why."
Legolas

Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

The hobbits do seem to have minds of their own. Frodo and Sam snuck off to Mordor, and Merry and Pippin have been captured by Orcs while trying to help Boromir. Not much I can do to help the former, so I'll go after the latter. Hopefully, Legolas and Gimli will agree to come with me.

Namastë Boromir, my brother, we will meet again on the other side.

Aragorn

flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Dear diary,

I have decided to go with Aragorn after Merry and Pippin. hope the annoying dwarf get's left behind

Legolas

Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Ha! The laddie wi' the pointy ears thought I was nae going after the wee ones. I near split my sides when he kenned I was nae stayin' behind.

Gimli

"Huan chases Tevildo up trees just for the fun of it."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

well, those three oddballs are heading for the ashes of the bonfire we made of the Orcs on the eaves of that frightening forest. Now that Elf was certainly blurringly fast in arming his bow, but I also have this uncomfortable feeling that my kneecaps were in severe danger from the short guy. And the tall guy's sword - I hope they show up at Edoras soon, because I feel that I need some serious explanations.

Sorely puzzled Éomer.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Well, Legolas, Gimli and I certainly got a fright today after speaking with Éomer. However, careful study of the area around the pyre, showed that the Merry and Pippin actually made there escape. For that, we were happy; for the fact they went into Fangorn Forest, not so much.

We've decided to camp just outside the border of the forest and wait until first light, although Legolas can't see what difference it'll make.

Aragorn

""Huan chases Tevildo up trees just for the fun of it."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

OK, so Lothlórien was far better than I had expected (still can't figure out Boromir's issues with it), but this Fangorn or whatever forest is a whole lot more untidy at its borders, for sure. But pointy-ears is quick with his bow, and seems to know his way around such surroundings (my dad Glóin told me a bit about his adventure with Bilbo). The dratted Orcs have been destroyed by those riders, and we came here to rescue the wee ones, so into the forest is the only way for us to go, it seems.

Pensive Gimli.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

I'm so exhausted from running and not sleeping, this will be a quick entry.

I'm not looking forward to entering Fangorn in the morning, but needs must. Hopefully, we will find the hobbits in good health, and get them out of there before we run into any Ents.

Aragorn
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

I was in the middle of sleeping when I was awoken by a knock on my cabin door. I quickly got dressed and opened the door to discover by my amazement a Human woman standing with a huge smile on her face. Before I even asked who she was she said hello Earendil how is Vingilot sailing tonight. I politely asked for her name and how in Arda did she know me or to the point how did she get onto my ship. The Woman smiled wider and explained that her name was Lindarielwen or Linda for short and that the reason she knows me is because I am in a book called the Silmarillion. Infact the whole of Arda is in this magical book. Well how fascinating is that this stranger came from another world where this other Human named JRR Tolkien created us and the whole of Arda. I told her that I didn’t know how to send her back to her world but would welcome her to stay a board Vingilot to sail the sky for eternity.

Earendil
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

I have to admit that I'm feeling a bit lonely these days. Galadriel has gone to Imladris to see Elrond and the grandchildren, and left me 'in charge'. In charge of what I'm not sure. This place runs well without any input (interference, per Haldir) from me.

I should think about getting a hobby.

Celeborn

"Blunt the knives, bend the forks, smash the bottles and burn the corks!"
"That's what Bilbo Baggins hates!"
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

I'm sick of people comparing me to Lord Gothmog, infact saying that I am way weaker is an insult, fair enough we both died but I died killing another Maia, Gothmog died because an Elf. An Elf! pushed him into a litle garden fountain ( alright it wasn't little). But still. Lord Morgoth kept laughing about it up until Gothmog screamed look out sir a spider.

Former Balrog of Moria
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

That idiot Gothmog played another one of his stupid pranks on me by yelling: "Spider!" causing me to whip around to see if Ungoliant, or one of her spawn, was trying to sneak up on me. Naturally, he found my reaction hilarious. Stupid Balog!

I think I'll invite him over to take a dip in my new pool.

Melkor, (don't call me Morgoth),
King Of All He Surveys

“Very odd you are, indeed. Root and twig, very odd!"
"But in that time also he made this scroll"
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

I've heard rumors that my former master Melkor had some issues with some stupid, if oversized, arachnid about the Silmarils shortly after he left Valinor. Unbelievable as it seems to me now in retrospect, the rumors have it that the exoskeletal engorger actually wanted to swallow a (or nuttily even all???) Silmaril. Why the Angband didn't he just let her? I mean, the chitin making up the exoskeleton of an arachnid bursts into flames like little else! One minute max, and the critter would have been a pile of ashes, if a large one. I mean, I know how a Silmaril burns, probably even better than Melkor. What was he thinking then (or ... was the bit about thinking the issue?)?

Mystified Carcharoth
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Quit complaining you foolish wolf! Biting off Beren's hand, and swallowing the Silmaril in it was not part of my instructions. If you had obeyed me instead of improvising, I would still be in possession of it.

Between the cat using my serenity garden as a litter box, and the wolf swallowing the Silmaril ..... I'm surrounded by fools!

Melkor, the Mighty (ticked off)

“Very odd you are, indeed. Root and twig, very odd!"
"But in that time also he made this scroll"
"Hope and memory shall live still in some hidden valley where the grass is green."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

oh right, the "Mighty" one succumbs to that half-Maia, half-Elf chick's unnerving skills just like I did, I think I even felt the earthquake when he hit the ground in my deep stupor (Angband must have been quite well-built once to survive that ruckus - but in the end all I have to say is: Ancalagon!). But while the whole of Angband was still droning with his seismic snores, at least I had recovered, was up and about and was able to strike a blow - OK, bite - in our cause. Am I to blame that Mr. Paranoia never told me that swallowing a Silmaril gives you the worst indigestion in Arda, or for that matter how to recognize one of these fiendish objects when (partially) disguised? I need Alka-Seltzer when I just think about it!

Alka-Seltzer-chugging Carcharoth
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

The healers have done a magnificent job with my dog wolf bite. At least it hasn't become infected. Mind you, Lúthien has been hovering and getting in the way so I suggested that she see her father and find out whether or not the loss of one hand is payment enough for me to ask for her hand in marriage. *snickers*

Must go. Further treatment awaits me.

Beren

"Hope and memory shall live still in some hidden valley where the grass is green."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Námo has given me a glimpse, or so he claims, of how my finger issue involving Isildur at the end of the Second age will survive, in a sense, as a misunderstood tradition to far later ages. Something about Easterlings, very far in the east on an island, some of whom (considered evil even among themselves?) will develop a tradition of finger mutilation as some kind of rite, and they will do this to themselves! And occasionally more than once! But they will no longer have the foggiest notion of the origin of this "tradition".

Am I supposed to be glad about this "surviving tradition" in some way??? I was NOT AMUSED about losing my finger - and never mind the "triviality" of My Ring!!! Misunderstood is a serious understatement! Even worse, sounds like they are going to lump Isildur (wielding the cutting tool) and my royal self into a single "person". Boy, how dumb and ignorant are Men going to become in the future???

Very upset and annoyed Sauron.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

I can't believe I haven't killed Sauron yet. And, yes I know you can't actually kill an assortment of atoms randomly floating around the ether, just humour me!

He's done nothing but moan and groan ever since he arrived here. Whining about losing his 'homes', as if either Barad-dûr, or the Black Tower in Mordor, were in any way worthy of the definition. Perfectly dreadful places both of them, unlike the grandeur and comfort of my own Orthanc.

And, if he's not moaning about the accommodations, he's complaining about how he was 'betrayed' by a handful of creatures he scarcely knew existed. Betrayed he calls it!!! I'll tell you who was betrayed - me, that's who! Betrayed by my own apprentice lackey, Gríma Wormtongue. I should have killed him when I had the chance.

Time for supper. I must run.

Saruman
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

if it weren't such a sad fate for such once-upon-a-time lordly among the Maiar, Sauron and Saruman's pathetic nagging at each other could be considered satirical. I mean, they both went up in what can be described as puffs of smoke. Especially for Saruman, I have this odd jingle running around my head: "Smoke on The Water." Very strange, I think I'll have to consult Námo about this, I can't make head or tail of this obscure phrase.

Puzzled Olórin.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." Image
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

What kind of nonsense is this? I was supposed to be sent to the Halls upon completing my job in Middle-earth but I find myself in the Void, of all places, amongst all of the common riffraff. Not that I would refer to Lord Melkor, or Morgoth, or whatever he's calling himself this week.

I can't possibly be lumped among this group. My actions, while not exactly pure in intention, can hardly be compared to those of Lords Melkor/Morgoth and Sauron.

Saruman the disgruntled
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Curuno is really getting on my nerves with his griping! Manwë implemented a strict no-smoke policy in Valinor after the destruction of Númenor, so what was Curuno thinking about when he wafted into here like the emanation of a campfire using wet logs? By Angband! My very short stint as The White was not enough to cure me of my centuries-old affection for pipe-weed when I was The Grey, so every time I want a pipe, I have to step out into the void and thus get an earful of the pathetic yammering of the doofuses who didn't pay enough attention the The Music way back when! ... The Music ... now I know where that strange "Smoke on The Water" theme comes from!

Annoyed Olórin.

[Edited on 01/08/2017 by Gandolorin]
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

I do wish that nosy-Parker Olórin would mind his own business. Here I was enjoying my pipe when Manwë came sailing in, pointed to the No Smoking sign, shook his finger at me, and bade me go out "outside" if I wished to continue. Outside??? How much further "outside" can you get than being stuck in the black hole? I just gave him my finger and settled back and continued smoking.

Curumo, the defiant

"There was not ever any dragon, not even Ancalagon the Black, who could have harmed the One Ring, the Ruling Ring, for that was made by Sauron himself."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

it has been surprisingly quiet in the void lately when I have stepped out for a puff. And the unidentifiable smell of - what is it, like burnt rope? - is decidedly odd, not to mention decidedly befuddling when I stay a bit longer. Asked Yavanna about this, as the smell does have some similarity to pipe-weed, especially the sort to be found in Bree, so of course a plant. Yavanna frowned and asked me about more details, which I was only able to supply to a limited degree. After a long search of her memory she stated that it might be a very minor, almost unimportant plant that might be called hemp, though she could not say by which folk of Middle-earth.

Slightly woozy Olórin.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

I had the most peculiar conversation with Olórin today. He was acting rather strangely, and seemed concerned about some weed that I had planted way back when ... I wonder ... no it couldn't be ... could it? No. It couldn't. He then began complaining about being hungry which I found equally strange because he had polished off a large portion of dinner not long before I encountered him coming back in from the Void.

Puzzled Yavanna
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Yavanna and Olórin just visited me, and Olórin reported on some puzzling smell and, more surprising, some very strange behavior of the inhabitants of The Void. I mean, Melkor with a fit of the giggles that he appeared not to be able to suppress? And the rest of that misfit bunch not even giving the slightest impression of trying to suppress the giggles? Very, very odd. But ... is this entirely bad for that crowd?

Pondering Manwë.
<< First1112131415Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email