Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First910111213Last >>
Author Topic:
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Sam seems awfully preoccupied with the fate of the pony that he turned loose before we entered the mines of Moria.

I hadn't realized that he had formed such an attachment to it. For my part, I was delighted to see the last of those critters. My own two feet can carry me wherever I want to go, thank you very much.

Merry
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

just a short note - riding on ponies very definitely beats being carried around by Orcs (I think I'm going to be sick ...)

Repentant Merry
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Had to stop twice to let the Halflings barf. Fragile little things but plump enough to be tasty.

Grishnákh
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

I actually never believed that Orcs were once Elves until I saw an Orc who distinctly has the same nose as Legolas.

Pippin
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

We're in dire straits and all Pip can do is crack stupid jokes. I despair of him ever growing up. Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out how to escape.

Merry

"We only wish to catch a fish, so juicy-sweet!"
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary

I know that we are in dire straits but if the Orcs really wanted us dead we would be. Merry just worries to much, especially about me. Perhaps this Saruman fellow won't kill us when he discovers we don't have the ring and just let us go on our own way.

Pippin
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Them two little 'uns keep whisperin' about somethin' but I can't hear what. Think we'll stop for a while and see what's up. 'sides, the boys are hungry.

Grishnákh

"We only wish to catch a fish, so juicy-sweet!"
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

these big guys definitely give us the creeps! I mean, they just keep running after the sun (*gag*) has risen, without any sun-blocker, even! I feel at least as sick as those runt's the big guys are carrying!

Orc #19.

[Edited on 02/10/2016 by Gandolorin]
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

We've been carted over half of Arda, and Pip has just noticed that he's lost his elven brooch. Like we'll have a snowball's chance in hell of ever finding it.

Merry

"What's a burrahobbit got to do with my pocket, anyways?"
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

can't tell Merry exactly what I did with the brooch right now. But things do not seem to be getting better, I definitely hear a thundering sound, so we might be carried through a thunderstorm soon - oh fun!

Despondent Pippin.

PS - something is very wrong here, there are no clouds to be seen anywhere, so how come the thunder? Things sure are different from the Shire!

Puzzled Pippin.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Quelle suprise! We were attacked in the dark and managed to escape, only to get lost in some great forest. Hopefully, we won't encounter any wild animals, or strange creatures, while we're trying to find our way out of the gloom.

Merry

Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Merry mentioned that he hoped "we won't encounter any strange creatures ..." because he - not unreasonably - thought this would not be good. Well, I'm going to bet that even he did not really dream about a "strange creature" like Fangorn. Things are certainly extremely much odder than in the Shire, but this kind-of-tree Fangorn seems to be quite nice (because wise).

Relaxed Pippin.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Pip seems quite taken with this Ent fellow who has been carting us around for the past day and a half.

Apparently, he's called an "entmoot" to talk over the events at Isengard. I just hope the other Ents are a lot speedier than this one, or the War could be over by the time the meeting takes place.

Meanwhile, I stuck up in this tree Ent's branches.

Merry

Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Merry seemed to be a bit worried about "the War being over before" whatever earlier, like it would be good idea for us to get back into the "thick of the action". Well, seems that we are headed for some serious action now, as the Ents seem to have decided to attack Isengard, and are taking us along! Now I have this odd feeling that these ancient, experienced and seemingly gentle creatures, while they are not "hasty", as Treebeard stated, could be appallingly dangerous to an enemy who had managed to get them mad at him. So whatever happens, Merry and I should try to keep as far away from the "thick of the action" as is at all possible.

Uneasy Pippin.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

What a day yesterday was! The Ents attacked Isengard and flooded it completely. We were still stuck in Treebeard's branches and got a bird's eye view of it all.

Now we're stuck on a rampart waiting for Aragorn and company to arrive. Plenty of food floating about, and Pip found an unopened crate of Old Toby which we're putting to good use.

Merry

"I go crazy without HHS babbling to do."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

I should have known that globe was much too large to be a marble! Now I have a headache you just cannot imagine! Gandalf has now taken me into his special care, if I understand what is happening currently correctly. I have my doubts, though. I would say Gandalf and I are sitting atop the statue of a horse, and the surrounding world is whizzing by us at a fantastic speed. Wish my headache would subside so I could sort out what is - as I very vaguely believe it is - wrong with that concept.

Pippin-with-a-serious-migraine.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

I've told those two (Merry and Pippin) that smoking too much Old Toby, or Longbottom Leaf, has serious consequences, but they haven't paid any attention.

Pippin has found out the hard way, I'm afraid. He stumbled across the Isengard palantír, and looked into it whilst under the the influence of one of them. I now have a semi-conscious Hobbit to take to Minas Tirith.

Shadowfax was none too pleased to be carrying him, but I managed to coax him with the promise of additional oats and hay.

Gandalf

"Wizards are the most annoying participants in the HHS thread!"
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

I just hope Gandalf was right when he said that tiny runt he took with him on our ride will be alright. I don't like some of the sounds that he seems to be making. I mean no one has ever been sick when I've taken them along for a ride - never, ever. If he doesn't hold up until we reach Minas Tirith, this will be the most embarrassing ride of my life - ever!

Worried Shadowfax.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Didn't know where I was when I woke up this morning. Totally unfamiliar room, with people in uniforms to'ing and fro'ing. Waited on me hand and foot, despite my protestations that I do for myself. Turns out they were servants!

Gandalf finally showed up and told me we are in the palace in Minas Tirith! Apparently, he brought me here on Shadowfax. Everything is such a blur, and I have an awful headache.

Forgot to ask Gandalf where Merry is.

Pippin
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

though I have my doubts about Denethor, Pippin has gone so far off the deep end recently that maybe a little discipline as, say, a Guard of the Citadel might clear his head. Now how to get Denethor to appoint him to one of the Guard companies?

Gandalf.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

That crazy wizard has approached me about placing his wee, and I do mean wee, friend in the Palace Guards. Oh what a brilliant idea! If I'm attacked, he can stab the attackers in the kneecaps!

Denethor

"I'll catch you one of these days, Gando, when you're not paying attention."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

sometimes Denethor exhibits wisdom without realizing it. Attack a big enemy at about knee-height ... but will it be Pippin?

Gandalf.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Well I've been sent to the Palace Guards, but I'm having a right old time trying to find a uniform to fit me. That nice fellow, Faramir, says he may be able to help me out. So I'm off to see him in his chambers.

Pippin
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Dear Diary

What on earth does Faramir want with his old uniform? It took me ages to dig it out, wash it, iron it and redo the emblem. I told him it wouldn't fit him now but he just smiled. He's lost his marbles if you ask me.

Keeper of the Royal Wardrobe
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

The Royal Wardrobe Keeper made quite the fuss when I asked him to retrieve my childhood palace guard uniform.

But it was worth listening to him grumble to see the look of astonishment on his face when I brought Pippin in to try it on.

Faramir
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

well, that - what was it, Halfling? - fit into Prince Faramir's childhood palace guard uniform, sort of. The belt is on its last outer hole, so it may have to be replaced at some time. But what was totally useless for the Halfling were the boots. Needs to go to the grownup section if he wants to find anything fitting, but apparently theses Halflings go without any footwear at almost all times. Oh, well.

Keeper of the Royal Wardrobe.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Well, the introductions went well. Pippin and the RWK were singularly unimpressed with each other.

Faramir

Note to self: try to find Pippin a new belt.

"I am a Shieldmaiden and my hand is ungentle, my intentions inscrutable."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

well, Faramir's childhood palace guard uniform does not cause me discomfort, but the Gondorians could certainly take some pointers from Shire tailors as far as truly comfortable garments go. And they certainly need a steep learning curve regarding belts appropriate to the rest of the garments! Need to talk to someone about where I can get a belt that is not so totally at its outer limits as this dinky little thing!

Ambivalent Pippin.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Lord Faramir asked me to find a belt suitable for the uniform I tailored for the hobbit creature. I found a number that were absolutely perfect, but he disliked all of them, and said he would find his own belt.

Lord knows what it will look like. I shudder to think. I've advised Lord Faramir that I'm washing my hands of the entire thing, and he seemed fine with it.

Royal(ly) (miffed) Wardrobe Keeper

"I am a Shieldmaiden and my hand is ungentle, my intentions inscrutable."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

Gandalf still seems a bit grumpy about something. Told me I currently do not need to worry about getting a longer belt for my gear. He's starting to sound just like Strider at the beginning of our sojourn from Bree! Why do these Big Folk always seem to change the subject when I start talking about really important matters?

Annoyed Pippin.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

I wonder how Pip's making out in Gondor. I haven't heard from him in ages. Things are going pretty well here in Rohan. Éowyn is so nice. She had a green shield specially made for me. She's also been helping me with my sword play.

Merry

"And your snores would waken a stone dragon."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Dear Diary,

so uncle wants me to go with our people to Dunharrow blah blah blah. Not going to happen, I still have that armor he had made for me as a present a few years ago to humor me (and stop me from chewing his ear off about it, more likely). And that Holbytla Meriadoc, has gotten pretty good with a - well OK, long dagger - seems to feel the same way about being told to stay behind. The two of us should be no problem at all for one of our war steeds. And come to think of it, with the Holbytla attacking at thigh / knee-cap range, it should make my job further up a good sight easier. It's a done deal, going to tell Meriadoc about it.

Éowyn (now aka Dernhelm).
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

My Lady Éowyn has decided to ride to Minas Tirith with the Rohirrim cavalry, and I'm to accompany her! Somehow she's managed to find me the equipment I will need.

I swear on my life that I won't allow any harm to come to her.

Merry
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Dear diary.

Had a run in with The Dead after Aragorn obsessed with his new sword. I stole his necklace in return for the terror.

-A flustered Legolas

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Dear Diary,

I don't know what's gotten into the Elf. He stole Aragorn's necklace. Doesn't he realise that Arwen will skin him alive when she finds out?

Gimli

"Corrupted Weavers Rule" ... "Don't panic"
<< First910111213Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email