Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Ooh! I love making deserts! I have just the recipe for pumpkin bread. *Hurries into kitchen to confer with Song.*
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
*meanders back into inn and plops down into an armchair by the fire* Sorry I rushed in and out last time. How is everyone? *orders a warm drink* Are there any muffins left?
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
*wakes up from her doze* Muffins? Did somebody say muffins? Oh, there are a few left, I see. *passes plate to rhodilwen* Help yourself, they are really wonderful. And, did I hear Song is making chicken soup? Sounds wonderful on this cool, blustery day!

*sits back in her chair by the fire* Seamus is fine, Lindarielwen. Not too happy about going out in the wet weather, but very persistent about trying it. It's keeping me hopping up and down from my chair. I usually have to dislodge two sleeping kittens which doesn't seem to bother them much ... they just keep sleeping wherever I put them down.

*leans back with her toes toward the flames, and waits for the chicken soup to appear*

Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Wanders into the Inn* Mind if I join you all?
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"Of course, Mareth, welcome. Your sister is in the kitchen making chicken soup. Here, have the last of the muffins. I think Cenor is making pumpkin bread. Would you care for something to drink?"

turns back to Evil~Shieldmaiden "A new kitten or two certainly brings joy to a houselhold. I am happy Seamus is taken a liking to them."
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you! *munches muffins* Yum...these are fantastic! And I think I will have some coffee. *gets a mug of said drink and settles down by the fire*
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
*Hurries around the kitchen, chopping vegetables and throwing seasonings in a pot of boiling water. Once everything has been simmering nicely for awhile, I remove the pot from the stove and dish the soup into bowls*

"Cenor, is the pumpkin bread ready yet? I'll go ahead and take this soup out to our friends, and you can bring the bread whenever it's ready."

*Whistles "Concerning Hobbits" while placing the steaming bowls on trays along with fresh bread and cheese*

"There now, I think that's everything." *Emerges from kitchen and begins serving delicious food to all the hungry people*
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
*takes bowl of hot soup and wraps hands around it to warm them*

"The soup smells wonderful, Song. Thank you so much for helping out in the kitchen."
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*takes bowl of hot soup and some pumpkin bread*

"Oh boy, it this ever good! It really hits the spot on a cool, rainy day. I have a wonderful recipe for lasagne so maybe I'll head into the kitchen and see if they have any supplies."

*wanders into the kitchen and begins assembling what she needs*
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
*Takes pumpkin bread out of oven and sets on trivets* Oh hi E~S *slices bread and sets on plate.*
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
*Sits down with bread and a bowl of soup* "Thinking about the next meal already E~S? Good for you! Any Hobbit would be proud to know you." *Winks and begins tucking in* "Hmm, come to think of it, the same could probably be said of myself..."
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
*Takes bowl of soup* How are your pet wild deer E~S?
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
*wakes up* ooh soup's ready!! *takws a bowl* it's really chilly today. This is just what I needed! But did I hear something about lasagna? Where's your bread, cenor? I'm not hungry. What?
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Accepts bowl of soup* Yum! *nibbles pumpkin bread* Wow...this is so good! *finish off food* *calls to E~S* I can make bread and a salad, if you want some help!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
"Mmmm... chicken soup and bread! Thank you! Now.. is there any cheese???"
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
"Okay, folks, the lasagna is ready. I've made two kinds: one with meat, and one vegetarian. Just be careful because the pans are really, really hot. I've grated some fresh Parmesan and it's in shakers that I will go and fetch, together with a fresh green salad and some toasted garlic bread. Enjoy!"

*heads back to the kitchen to pick up the cheese, bread and salad*
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Yum! *takes portion* I'm excited about the 13th, it will be my sixth month here! *sips coco*
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Digs into meat lasagna* Yum....lasagna is one of my favorite dishes! *helps self to salad and bread* This is fantastic, E~S! I guess it will be my turn to cook, next...
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*looks up from plate of lasagna*

"What are you planning on making, Mareth? Are you a baker, by chance? We could use some after dinner goodies. "

*helps herself to some salad*
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I don't know...yes, I do have experience in baking. Would some type of cookie be good? I could make a couple different types.

*Finishes off food* Any suggestions?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Sugar cookies!
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
*Makes up a plate with lasagna, salad and bread* "This looks wonderful!" *Polishes it off in no time flat (because that is my superpower)* "That was delicious, E~S! Thank you! Mareth, what about brownies and ice cream?"
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*looks up at the mention of brownies and ice cream*

"Oooh .... that sounds really good! We could have that for afters and save Cenor's sugar cookies for afternoon tea. Maybe I could make up a quick batch of scones in the meantime. I saw some strawberry and raspberry jam in the pantry. One of you could go to the store and get some Devonshire cream."

"While I wait for the dessert, I will make everybody something to drink. What would you like? Now that we have the new fancy machine, tea and cocoa are available as well as coffee. There's a tin with the little cups in it of stuff we can try."

*goes over to the machine and brings back a large assortment of possible choices*
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
*Takes coco* Mmmmmm just what I need to keep my mind off this cold front coming in.
Lynk
Council Member
Send Message
*Havin dad bo ham a bedin aníron mîn orfbaich cîw.

*sits down on a chair and orders a fresh apple juice.

Suilad Cenor, Ci maer?

Greetings Cenor, how are you?

[Edited on 11/11/2014 by Lynk]
De andelu ervenin! Mabo i grist hen. It's dangerous to go alone! Take this sword!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Cenor said:Yum! *takes portion* I'm excited about the 13th, it will be my sixth month here! *sips coco*

Wow... 6 months and 2933 posts! I've been here for over 10 years and have 480 (+14 from my 1st user name)

Mmmm... chicken soup, lasagna, and the desserts are all most excellent! And nothing beats the ale at the Green Dragon!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
*loads up a plate with delicious smelling food* Y'all are going to make me fat.

Wow, Cenor! I've been here for 9 years and have just over 700. lol! Of course I only have a few places I really visit on here. I should explore more.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I'm a CoE nut and I've been going nuttier this past week because I will be gone for a day or so soon.

Ugh it is cold and we have a strong north wind.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Brownies and ice cream it is, then!

*Walks to the kitchen* *after finding all the ingredients, I commence to make brownies* *makes one pan of plain brownies, one of peanut butter brownies, and one with chocolate chips*

*Some time later....*

*Finds a cart and places brownie pans, ice cream, plates, forks, and napkins on it* *comes out of kitchen, pushing cart* Alright! Who wants what?

Not including this post, I have 5,560 posts, and I've been here for around two years.

[Edited on 11/11/2014 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
*Finishes lasagna, goes to kitchen and washes plate. Looks for dessert and finds an apple and some cubes of cheese. Goes back to main room.*

"The lasagna was wonderful Evil~Shieldmaiden, both kinds. How are the boys? Are they enjoying the cat tree? Khaleesi has discovered birds and spends much of her time watching them. She is getting along quite well with all the others even though she does get a whack once in a while."

*Goes to counter and pours an ale.*

"Aren't there any guys here who know how to cook?"
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Thanks, everybody! The dessert looks awesome, Mareth! Chocolate and ice cream .... two of my favourite food groups. *takes a bite* Oh, heavenly!

I was going to make scones but I will wait a while so that our dinners can settle. Perhaps we should all go for a walk to "wear off" some of the calories.

*goes back to savouring her dessert*

How's Khaleesi, Lindarielwen? The boys are up to their usual tricks. When I moved into my house and did some renovations, I discovered that the fellow who built it, built it around the hot water tanks. In order to install the new tank, a "door" had to be cut into the drywall in the bedroom. It is held in place by a bookcase and a couple of screws. Conor being the curious kitty that he is, went into the space beside the tank and I had to move the bookcase and unscrew the panel to get him out. You would have thought: once bitten, twice shy; but, no, he did the same thing this morning. His brother Finn just sat on the hot water tank and watched the action. LOL

Yeah, where are all the guys? The Pub isn't just for us girls.

*sits back and loosens her belt*
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I've been busy eating all this great grub. Guess I should take my turn making some food, eh?"

*just happens to have a green and a yellow capsicum, and a large red sweet pepper.... need to use them before they get soft... Goes off to the kitchen and finds a fine chef's knife to chop them up into a coarse mix. Chops up a couple tomatoes to add to it, smashes a clove of garlic, cuts up some shallots,squeezes a bit of lime juice into it, and salts it ever so slightly.

Brings it out in a bowl with a bag of unsalted corn chips he got while down south, and set it out.

"I bring you some Pico de Gall with corn chips for dipping. The heat is low on this batch, for some cares not for it."

Arveleg picks up a chip and scoops up some and eats it....

"Went to a medieval joust last night. Got all decked out in period costume and had an enjoyable time. One of the locak microbreweries made special for the event some Heather Ale and some Elderberry Ale. Was quite good with the semi-medieval food they were serving. I'll try and get some photos uploaded soon."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
*walks in, shaking off snow* Whew! Did it ever take me long to get out here! Could I have some hot chocolate, please, or coffee with pumpkin spice?"

*shakes out and hangs up scarf and hat* "The snow that we have it above my head, and rising. The warmth of this good inn will do me well." *turns to Arveleg* "A medieval joust, you say? That sounds quite interesting. I await your pictures."
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I'm glad you like the brownies, E~S!

A medieval joust sounds very entertaining, Arveleg. I look forward to pictures.

*Brings both a steaming mug of cocoa and pumpkin spice coffee to Maxie* Maybe by the time you finish these you will be a bit more thawed out.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
*Accepts cups from Mareth* Thank you. I hope that the rest of you are nice and warm.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email