Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Not really. Its pouring outside now. And it's really dark, so the open shades are useless to me right now.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Oh yes, March has been generous with afternoons in the sixties F, crossing 70 on several occasions.
The other side of the coin is that is has been a bit too dry, forest fire warnings were up to 4 of 5 in some areas (Middle Franconia is a bit of a dry place anyway).
So when it rained a bit recently I ended up being a bit of a Devil's advocate (farmers would agree with me instantly) that "we have had a bit of a reprieve from a bit of a drought".

(Very bitty post, I just noticed)

[Edited on 03/28/2014 by Gandolorin]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I would love those temperatures. It's about 45F here currently.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Having gone home the previous day, in great cheer, I look out the living room window at the blustery, rainy day. mmm .... It's a Winnie the Pooh kind of day so I think I will head off to the Green Dragon Inn for some fresh coffee and muffins.

Leaves the house, attempting with considerable futility, to keep her umbrella from turning inside out: finally reaching the door of the Inn.

"Good day to you all! Boy, it's a nasty one out there! I hope the hydro doesn't go off."

Orders a large coffee, double cream, no sugar; and a warm lemon poppy seed muffin. Takes a seat at a table not far from the fireplace.

findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
It snowed here the other day... Stupid frozen percipitation.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Eesh! Snow....It's almost 80 degrees in my neck of the woods. *makes some lemonade and sits down with some chocolate chip cookies* Anyone want a cookie? There's plenty.
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Stands up and stretches.

"Well, I'm off. It's such a beautiful day outside; I think I will do some gardening."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I would love a cookie! *takes one* E~S, what kind of things do you garden?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Pops in for a coffee and a snack.

"Well, that went well. I managed to cut back my clematis vines, and rake up some detritus hanging about the deck. My friend came over to help me which was nice. And I got invited out to dinner which was even better. Now if the plants I've ordered from the catalogue would arrive, I could start planting them."

Sits down next to maxie.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Having left briefly to attend to some personal matters, I return to the Inn to find it empty.

"Where is everybody?" I mutter. "Is there something going on that I've forgotten? Well, I guess I'm going to have to put on a pot of coffee and see who shows up."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"Hey, E~S, good to see you! I have not stopped here for quite a while. I would love a cup of coffee and look, I have whipped cream to put on top. I have been doing some gardening as well and could use a nice cup of joe."

Pulls out chair and takes a seat.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
"Well met, Lindarielwen! I will get you a nice mug of coffee with a dollop of whipped cream. I've already drunk my mug ... oh what heck, I may as well have another one."

Disappears and returns with a tray that not only contains two mugs of coffee but warm scones with jam and clotted cream.

"Some kind stranger dropped these off just before I arrived! I wonder who it could be? Let's enjoy our new found bounty before it gets cold."

Passes a plate to Lindarielwen so she can help herself to the scones.

[Edited on 05/07/2014 by Evil~Shieldmaiden]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Takes a sip of coffee and looks at the scones with a frown.

"You said a stranger brought these scones? They look delicious but I will pass."

Takes another sip of coffee. "You should not eat anything from an unknown source. I will go make some muffins instead."

Gets up with coffee mug and heads to kitchen.

[Edited on 05/07/2014 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Stops with the scone half-way to her mouth and then replaces it on the plate.

"You're correct of course", she calls after Lindarielwen. "I think I'll wait to test your muffins."

Sits back and relaxes in her chair.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
*staggers in covered in dust* Ugh! I hate moving! *Plops down in armchair with a glass of water* Hmmm....I understand that Lind thinks these scones are sketchy....but they look too good to pass up... *pops one in mouth. Waits for a moment. Nothing untoward happens* Hm! *proceeds to finish scone*
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
*sounds of pans clanging and singing from kitchen* Would you catch a couple thousand fireflies....

*singing stops*...*voice from kitchen*...."Evil~Shieldmaiden, I am making blueberry muffins. Hope you like those. I will make plenty so there will be enough for everyone. I will join you in a moment, as soon as I get these muffins in the oven."

*singing continues*...put 'em in a lamp to light my world

[Edited on 05/08/2014 by Lindarielwen]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I would love some! I need the energy, it will be a busy day!
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
I love blueberry muffins! And we have two more to join us which is awesome.

*jumps up from her chair to greet rhodi and maxie*

"Well met! I'm glad you showed up. There's fresh coffee and I can make tea if you would prefer it, or there's lots of fresh juice in the cooler. Help yourselves.

I've been out buying plants and getting ready to start planting things. I'm still trying to figure out a way to keep the deer away from the plants. Would you have any suggestions?"

*sits back down and sip her coffee as Lindarielwen arrives with the freshly baked muffins*
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
*takes a juice and muffin* I graduated from college today!!!!! Super excited about that! How's everyone else's day?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
This may sound strange, E~S, but my grandfather used snipets of pet hair to keep away the deer, and it worked beautifully. *Sips coffee* Thank You!

Congradulations, rhodil! What are you doing with all of your free time?

I finally had my performance at OLV Basilica. It is a magical place, and I feel honored to have played there. When I upload the pictures, i shall post one in here for your enjoyment.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
"Very interesting, maxie; I have a cat so I wonder if that would work. Or I'm sure my neighbours would give me some of their dog's hair. It's certainly worth a try. Thanks for the info!"

*turns to rodhil whose mouth is full of muffin*

"Congratulations rodhil! Well done! What are your plans for the future? And congratulations to you as well maxie. I 'm so glad your performance at the OLV Basilica turned out so well."

*sips some coffee and takes a bite of her muffin*

"These muffins are amazing, Linda! They really hit the spot."

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"E~S, I am so glad you like the muffins. The recipe is my grandmother's. I think human hair also helps keep deer away."

"Congratulations, Rhodilwen. Have another muffin."

"Maxie, the basillica sounds beautiful. I would love to see some pictures."

*Sits down, has some coffee and a muffin. "Is everyone enjoying nice weather?"
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
*takes another muffin* Well, if you insist...

Thanks! I'll be starting physical therapy school here in about two weeks, and that will take another three years. But it should all be worth it in the end.

What did you perform at the basilica, maxie? And I'd love to see a picture!
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
"You're going into physical therapy. I used to work in the medical field and found it very rewarding. I'm sure you will as well. The three-year haul will be well worth it."

*gets up and gets herself another mug of coffee*

"Does anybody else what a refresher? Thanks for the tips on how to keep the deer away from my plants. I hate using chemicals of any kind, especially since there are other animals around."

*sits down and reaches for another of Lindarielwen's fast-disappearing muffins*
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
A performed "In Holbergs Time" by Greig playing First Violin and Requiem for the Living by Forrest playing Principal Second Violin (first chair). Scariest moment of my life!

I will get the pictures up when I come home..I am going to a baptism class in *checks clock* twenty minutes.

Best of luck in the future, rhodil!

May I have another muffin?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Here are the pictures I promised:

This is the outside...

And here are a whole bunch of the inside...if Tinypic ever loads...>( I cannot wait for the day when I get my own speedy fast laptop...

Enjoy!

Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
"How imposing it is! Nice that you had a chance to perform there, Maxie."

*Takes a long sip of coffee and has a muffin*

"Help yourself to the muffins, Maxie. Everyone, have another muffin. The weather down here is getting warmer. I planted some flowers today. Is anybody doing any gardening? Your career will be wonderful, rhodilwen."

*Takes another sip of coffee and leans back in chair, content*
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you, Lindarielwen. *takes a muffin* The weather has been getting very warm up here too, and I have spent much of my time hiding away to prevent sunburn. Sunscreen does me no help.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Those are beautiful, maxie!!
*takes another muffin and makes some tea*
It looks like our vegetable garden is already planted. There's nothing quite like tomatoes fresh off the vine. The weather has actually cooled a bit here but I'm sure the reprieve will be short.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
"I wish that I could have a vegetable garden, althogh the soil in my yard is less than fertile."
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
You could try growing vegetables in large pots, Maxie. You can buy tomato plants that are already planted in a big container. Check out Lowe's or Home Depot.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
That is a good idea! I will need to try that.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I'm new to the Green Dragon even though I have posted here just not on this topic. You might want to check our Lasagna Gardening Maxie just building a rectangle (I don't know how big but google will tell you) and layer compost and lots of stuff like food (in our case rabbit poo) then plant I will post a picture as soon as possible.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I will need to try all of these ideas and then post the results. The soil is already getting drier here what with the temperatures, but then it's suppost to rain again soon.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Here in Oklahoma we will have our worst wheat crop and the droughts pretty bad. No major tornadoes so praise the Lord.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email