Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First56789Last >>
Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Happy New Year, to all of you at the Green Dragon Inn!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, Happy New Year to everyone! May this new year be even better than the last!
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
*comes in from the cold*

I'm glad the holidays are over and things can return to normal ..... whatever that means. The kittens have become obsessed with the box of fresh litter and are spending too much time trying to get into it. I've tried spraying them with water but it seems to deter them for only a moment. Gotta love 'em!

*walks over to the coffee machine then comes over to the lounge area and sits down*

I'm laying off the sweets and goodies right now. I think I've put on 5 pounds over the holidays. LOL
How was everybody's Christmas and New Years?

*sips her coffee and sighs with pleasure*
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
*Gets a cup of coffee and joins E~S in the lounge area*

"Khaleesi had a wonderful first Christmas. She learned to take ornaments off the tree without breaking them and was very good about leaving the tinsel alone. That one is my only kitty that likes getting squirted, all the others run as soon as they see the water bottle in my hand. I will leave my tree up for another week. My house smells so good that I hate to take it down."

*Sips more coffee*

"New Year's was great. We were outside at midnight and the neighbours had fireworks and the little kids had frying pans and were banging on them with wooden spoons and yelling "Happy New Year!" And the best part was that I talked to someone who recently came back into my life so all in all, the start of 2015 was wonderful."

*Closes eyes and smiles as the fire in the fireplace crackles and casts a golden glow throughout the room.*
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*sips coffee*

Just sitting here enjoying my coffee and feeling a bit gloomy because all of my Christmas decorations are down now. I have put up some landscape lights which should brighten things up a bit. I find there seems to be a bit of a let down after the holidays.

The boys have been full of beans the last couple of days. Getting into all kinds of mischief. I think we're all a bit antsy right now. I may be shipping them outdoors sooner than planned if they don't settle down. LOL Poor Seamus is getting the brunt of their attention.

*gets up to refill her coffee cup and picks up a muffin*

mmm .... good muffin! I wonder who brought them into the lounge. I really shouldn't be eating it but I just can't resist. Going to have to go on a diet and lose some of the extra padding.

*looks up to see who's coming in the door*
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Must have been the wind *gets up and closes the door*

Ah, the weather is getting warmer and my grass needs mowing already. How are the boys, E~S? My Strider has been teaching Khaleesi to jump as high as she can and Kiefer enjoys wrestling with her. All in all, they get along quite nicely.

Have you made anything different for supper lately? Do you have any quick recipes for fish?

I am going to the kitchen. Can I bring you anything?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*looks up as Lindarielwen sits back down and takes a sip of her coffee*

The weather has been unseasonably warm here, and somewhat drier than usual although rains are expected for the rest of the week. My neighbour kindly pruned my apple tree for me so it looks a tad strange at the moment. My lawn could use a mow but I will wait another week or so before I do it. And, the crocuses are pushing through right now which is nice.

The boys are growing like weeds, although not quite at the same rate as before. They will be seven months old on Thursday of this week. It's hard to believe. They love going outside and have been much happier since I opened the cat door. I do keep them in at night though and will do so until spring.

Fish?? I don't eat much fish I'm afraid so I don't really have any special recipes for it. When I do eat fish, I tend to keep it very simple .... poached in a bit of lemon flavoured broth, or lightly pan fried in some butter. I find most fish is pretty subtlety flavoured so I don't like to over-power the taste with a lot of superfluous herbs and spices.

If you're off to the kitchen, I wouldn't mind one of the chocolate chip muffins that have just come out of the oven. Would you like a refill while I'm get myself more coffee?

*stands up to head to the coffee/tea dispenser*

Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
*Walks in and heads for the beverage dispenser* Hello, E~S! Nice to see you! I was just outside trimming the verge under the window. *Fills a mug with coffee and adds caramel flavored liquid creamer* It is rather sunny out, but still a tad chilly. I think soon I bring some flowers over to plant in the beds outside.

*Takes a chocolate chip cookie from a plate and finds a seat* I am ready for spring to be here. We are already making plans for the gardens this year, which will mostly be raised beds. It is so much easier to care for than the traditional garden method. And my, we have so many crops to grow! Lettuce, English peas, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers... and probably some other odds and ends. Along the way there will also be plenty of canning to do. I can never complain of having nothing to do during the summer.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks, E~S, I could go for a refill *hands mug over*

My poinsettias are getting bigger in their pots so I might transfer them to the garden soon. They can get quite big down here...I have seen some as high as 5 feet tall in someone's yard.

How have you been, dear Song? What sort of things do you can?

E~S returns with a mug filled with coffee.

*Sips coffee but does not eat any cookies or muffins. Starts to think about lunch.*

*Turns to E~S* It sounds like the boys are having a wonderful time as they grow up. It is a joy to have kittens in the house. How is Seamus? Khaleesi is learning to stalk. She sneaks up, usually behind Kiefer, wiggles her little butt, and tackles him. He lets her get away with it and then he will just put his paw on her head and hold her down and start to lick her. Ah, cats. *Takes another sip of coffee and smiles*
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, your poinsettias sound beautiful! I have recently started some lettuce seeds inside, and when they are big enough I will plant them in pots.

*Washes down a bite of cookie with a sip of coffee*

In answer to you question, I am doing very well. We have several activities planned for this week including the annual father -daughter banquet. This year it is a western theme, and we will learn to square dance. I will be wearing my cowboy boots and a red bandana.

As for the things we can from the garden, it is mostly tomatoes. Lots and lots of tomatoes. But it is nice to have them stored up for the winter. It makes good soup and sauces.

Now I must ask the same...how are you?

*Listens to the conversation about kittens and smiles* Kittens can be such cute little rascals. My three are grown now, but they sometimes still act like kittens. I also sometimes wonder if my dog, Pepper, thinks she is a cat. She will jump up onto the buffet table that is sitting on the porch in front of the kitchen window with the cats. This morning she was up there watching us get breakfast. Silly dog. *smiles*
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh Song, you will be square dancing! I learned to square dance in high school and it was such fun. You must tell me all about it. Hmmm...I was a little bit country back then and did not realize it.

I am just fine, thank you. Several friends and I will be going to Daytona International Speedway on Sunday to watch practice for the Daytona 500 that is coming up and I cannot wait to get there and hear the roar of the engines!

Animals have a way of bringing comfort and joy to a home. I could not do without mine, even when they get into mischief. Khaleesi took a flying leap today from the top of the cat tree to the couch...they are about 8 feet apart. She looked like Super Girl as she jumped, front paws outstretched. Her landing was perfect. All I could do was laugh.

*The fire crackled and everyone was lost in thought with smiles on their faces.*
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
*stirs where she has been napping in the heat from the fireplace*

Well, it's lunch time and I've brought some homemade borscht, sour cream, smoked sausage and freshly baked bread for everybody. The soup is in the kitchen on the stove keeping hot, and the bread is in the warming oven.

*gets up and heads for the kitchen*

Oh, by the way, the kittens met the neighbour's cat and there was some excitement with puffed tails and mild spitting. Everybody survived in tact. Mind you, it was interesting to see the brothers work as a team. Conor was at the other cat's head holding his attention while Finn snuck up on his right flank. I hope they're not planning on using this tactic when they're hunting. They'll be bringing home larger prey if they do. LOL

I bought some beautiful primroses yesterday and will plant them tomorrow. They're being acclimatized at the moment. They will add a lovely splash of colour to the gardens. Mind you, all my bulbs are growing great guns so I will have tulips and daffodils before I know it.

On a wonderful news front, my other neighbour, who has been on the transplant list for eons due to deteriorating lungs, had a double lung transplant yesterday morning and is doing well. Her hubby said she was conscious and squeezed his hand when he spoke to her. Amazingly, she may be able to come home in as little as three weeks, although she will be closely followed for much longer.

*finally enters kitchen where she begins preparing her lunch*
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
*wanders back into the Inn* Hello again, everyone!! Thought I'd pop in for a quick sandwich and drink on a study break.
The day is wonderfully warm here and I know I'm more than ready for Spring and our plants to come back to life!
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
*goes to the kitchen and returns with my lunch*
Lindarielwen, your Khaleesi sounds like quite the acrobat! *smiles*

I went to the banquet with my father and sisters on Friday. We learned a two step dance, line dancing and one more that I don't know the name of. Learning the dances was a little hard with so many people there, but it was still fun. I wore a denim skirt, western shirt, cowboy boots and bandana.

E~S, you have some budding hunters there. Best keep two eyes on them as often as you can spare them.

Your flowers sound lovely! I only have pansies and one other type of flower right now, but I hope to get more varieties soon.

It is wonderful that your neighbor was able to have the transplant and is doing well!

I must say that I love the banner in your signature. Elrond is one of my favorite characters.

Rhodilwen, it is nice to see you! We had a "winter weather warning" for freezing rain or even snow, but that quickly turned into 61*F and rainy. That's Mississippi for you again.
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Hello everyone! I am freezing, so I thought I would pop in to the inn to get warm
*smiles happily*
I am a Floridian, so 50/40 degree weather and below is very cold. I feel that might surprise some people huddled in below zero weather right now!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
King Arveleg wakes up from his ale-and food induced nap in the corner and realises there are people around and he's been missing some good convo. He straightens himself up and orders some strong coffee....

Mae govannen elfmaiden77! Welcome by the way, to Coe!
Myself being in Queensland and riding out the remnants of tropical cyclone Marcia (lots of rain, and some wind gusts), I get it feeling somewhat cold in that temp range. Took me 7 years to do so though, after living in a mountainous climate for 15 years, I get what the deep freeze areas are going through too. I don't miss it.

I did some square dancing back in high school. I wasn't very good at it (two left feet). These days, my enjoyment of dance is through my wife, who is quite an accomplished bellydancer of the Turkish, Lebanese, and American Tribal Style (ATS). ten years ago she used to teach it and ran her own studio, but she hadn't performed in some years. Now she is getting back into it by taking some classes.

As for my garden, I have a few planter boxes that I try and keep fresh herbs growing in (Sage, Thyme, Rosemary, Oregono, Chives) and some chilies (Jalepeno, Habenero, Birds Eye) The aphids and grasshoppers seem to love their leaves though, but they are producing well.

Well, I'm off to check on the drainage channels. With all this rain, need to keep the water moving downhill!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
Hello everyone! I hope you who are in North America are staying bundled up. As for everyone else...well...I don't really know how your weather is doing but I hope its going good.
What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
*Steps in and looks around. Finds an empty seat to plop down in.*
Hello everyone! This is my first visit to the inn. I thought I would check it out. The weather here (Ohio) is actually relatively bad. Roughly seven inches of snow- but my family still goes outside to get donuts! Priorities...
As for dancing, I'm a terrible dancer. The only experience I have is a month of Irish step dancing I took a few years ago. ^^
Come to the dark side and join the
we have cookies! :hugs:
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Well met, everyone! Welcome to the Green Dragon Inn! We have a nice new "coffee" machine that dispenses not only coffee, but tea and hot chocolate as well, and there's always a muffin or two to be found.

If you want something special, feel free to use the kitchens. Unfortunately, we're still waiting for somebody to take over the kitchens on a permanent basis, so everybody pitches in when they have time. There's a delicious pot of soup staying warm on the back of the stove and, I believe Song baked us some lovely buns. Help yourselves.

*Gets up to get herself another cup of coffee and a blueberry-lemon muffin; returns to seat and begins listening to the conversation*
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
*mixes some hot cocoa coffee to make a mocha* mmmmmm

I would absolutely love to take over the kitchens. I'm not the best at reading directions so sometimes my baked desserts aren't the best. But I can try to make anything you request. also my bacon and mushroom stuffed venison back-strap is amazing
What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
*gets up and pours herself a mug of tea and sits back down*

I would also love to help out in the kitchens! I'm not always the best at following directions but I can make a mean batch of cookies! I also pride myself on my curry, if anyone is interested. ^^
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
yesitsjess26 said:*gets up and pours herself a mug of tea and sits back down*

I would also love to help out in the kitchens! I'm not always the best at following directions but I can make a mean batch of cookies! I also pride myself on my curry, if anyone is interested. ^^

me and you could cook together
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
Cupcake, I would love to! ^^ If no one has any problems with that, I think that would be awesome! ♥
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
I just hope everyone is hungry. lol
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
*pulls gaze away from the brightly snapping flames in the fireplace and looks around the inn* Greetings to our newcomers! There is always room for more friends. *Smiles and goes to the drink machine for a cup of hot tea* Ah, tea is wonderful for a scratchy throat. *Takes another sip and returns to seat*

It has been raining buckets here the past few days. Today was pretty chilly but yesterday was around 65F. That is the warmest it had been in quite awhile...several days it only barely got above freezing. I heard there were many car accidents due to ice on the roads.

I haven't been able to get any real walking in with all this crazy weather going on. It looks like it won't be clearing up anytime soon either. Take a peek at my forecast -> http://www.wunderground.com/weatherforecast/zmw:39769.1.99999 Thank the Lord for a warm house and hot tea! *shivers*

Oh, we have two new cooks! Wonderful! You'll need to know where everything is first. *Gets up to provide a tour of the kitchens* Once you figure out a menu and a list of the ingredients you'll be needing I'll go shopping for you.
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
*takes a good look around the kitchen and gets used to it* Tonight we are having seafood chowder. Ill need crab meat, corn, creme of mushroom soup, creme of potato soup, tilapia, green onions, and some carrots.

oh and a box of corn bread mix

Eruwestiel, would you be a deer and run to the store?
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
*grabs desperately for a cup of coffee and warms up by the fire* Darn, I missed the dinner last night..... Maybe I can get some leftovers???? Please?????
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
oh yes, there are tons of left overs. But never fear, we will h=never have the same supper twice. the left overs are for breakfast and lunch and elevensese, and tea, and any other eating times.

Tonight is homemade cheeseburgers.made with good Wisconsin cheese and the meat is from my grandpa's farm. plus sweet and spicy sweet potato fries
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
*Enjoys a sip of hot coffee and says to E~S* Seems like my cooking days here at the Inn are over, thank the gods. Now I can just have clean up duty. How's your weather? There was a one day freeze here in the land of sunshine and now it is nearing 80*. How are the boys? Khaleesi is training to be a monkey. The higher she climbs, the happier she is."

*Gets up and goes to the kitchen and sees the busy activity. Goes to the sink and starts washing dishes* Welcome to the The Green Dragon, new comers. It is wonderful to have you join us. You will find we are a friendly lot and we all enjoy a good meal.

*Finishes the dishes and goes to the main room and starts to sweep the floor*

*Looks up and asks* I heard someone mention Ohio. I used to live there before I moved to Florida. *Continues sweeping the floor.*
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
*finally realizes its 80 degrees and moves away from the fire* What jobs are needed in the inn? I could be the fireplace-tender Oh, and I live in FL too, Lindarielwen! What part are you from?
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
*gets to work making the fries* these things cook forever!

I've been to Ohio twice, I have family that lives there.

today it is 3F but feels like -12. brr good thing I like cold weather
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
All I know is that it is too cold for west Texas. There's ice on the roads and school got cancelled, so of course I'm not using this time to start preparing for tests. lol!
Oooh! Cheeseburgers! You found the way to my heart, cupcake! While I wait can I try some of that leftover chowder? (and if there is an actual recipe, can I have it? I've been wanting to make chowder recently.)
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
yes there are should be some left over chowder left eflmaiden didn't eat the rest. you better get going on it lol. and my mother made the chowder IRL last night, if I can find the recipe she used I'll pm you.

for the most part the supper here will mach my IRL supper. so if I post something you want just pm me and I will give your the recipe.

[Edited on 02/23/2015 by autistic cupcake]
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
Burgers? That sounds awesome, Cupcake! Is there anything I can do to help?
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
please mix the meat with panko bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, onion soup mix, 1 egg, ketchup or bbq sauce. Our family's favorite burger recipe.

Can someone work on dessert?
<< First56789Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email