Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First678910Last >>
Author Topic:
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
On it! *Mixes for a while. Turns around*
Cupcake, where did you learn to cook? Is it something you do for fun or did someone teach you?

[Edited on 02/23/2015 by yesitsjess26]
Come to the dark side and join the
we have cookies! :hugs:
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
I enjoy helping out my mom when she cooks. I still live at home so I like to help cook for everyone.
I have a hard time fallowing a recipe sometimes. I once forgot to put eggs in a brownie batter. they were hard as a rock..literally. We had to soak the pan for 4 days to get it clean.
What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
That's really cool! My parents have designated days where they make my sister and I to cook. I guess it's a good thing, but it's also a lot of pressure! Haha well, I am known in my family for making 2 dozen cupcakes... without any sugar. They were terrible!
I think the meat is mixed. Is there anything else I can do? *Pokes her head out of the kitchen* Or does anyone want anything while Cupcake is cooking?
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
I don't need any help. the sweat potato fries are done and im just grilling the burgers now.

what did you do with the sugarless cupcakes? did you through them out? I am a huge believer in not wasting food. the food we don't eat or goes slightly bad we give to our chickens, then we eat their eggs so its not wasted. The chickens also help with are garden by supplying nutrients for the soil. its all a cycle.
What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
We tried to eat them (my sister was adamant that enough frosting could mask the flavor) but we did end up tossing them. I felt terrible, but we don't have chickens and we didn't think our little kitties would care for them

autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
ooh speaking cats eating human food. once we were getting ready to go to my grandparents for Christmas supper. my mom put a casserole she was going to bring in the car then went back to get some more things and forgot to shut the door. well our cat at the time jumped in and got the tin foil off and started eating cheese cauliflower. Mom says she had to run to the store and buy one of those pre made salads.
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
That's terrible! That sounds like something our kitten would do, just now I caught her drinking my water and every night at dinner she tries to stuff her face with someone's food, haha.
Well, if that's all you need, I think I'm going to see what everyone else is doing. I heard that in the Virtual Sleepover thread, they're watching a movie. Maybe we've got some cool movies stashed somewhere in here.

autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
okay sounds good. when you come back the food is all waiting for you and everyone.

bon appetit
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
*Enters the kitchen with arms full of groceries* Mmmm...It smells wonderful in here! *Puts everything away and gets out the dishes* I think I'm going to go warm up in front of the fire for a bit. It's been a bit chilly down here the past several days. *Grabs a cup of hot chocolate on her way to a seat by the fire*

Lindarielwen, your Khaleesi sounds like quite the acrobat! My Mr. Whiskers goes tree climbing with me sometimes. Can you guess who is the better climber? *Smiles*

Jess, how are things up in your neck of the woods?
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
In case anyone want any there are leftovers.

and today's menu is spaghetti with home made meat sauce.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
*Smiles at Song* Happy birthday, sweet girl. Do you have any special plans for your birthday? I never took the lights down from my Party Tree so it is still like my birthday every day. Oh, I bet Khaleesi would love to go climbing with Mr. Whiskers. How old is he? Khaleesi just turned 5 months old.

*Goes in kitchen* Oh, how good the food smells. I am still savouring the cheesebuger. Cupcake, please tell us your recipes for all your delicious meals. *starts washing dishes*
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
@lindarielwen and everyone else. All the recipes are available upon request.

would someone like to make dessert for tonight?
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
*Smiles back* Thank you so much! I don't really have any plans for today, just hanging out with my family. We will be having strawberry swirl ice cream and marble cake later on. I will bring some over to share with all of you. I think Mr. Whiskers is nearly four years old now. My, how time flies!

Oh, and Lindarielwen, I just love your current signature!!

Cupcake, I'll bring dessert! *Goes and gets birthday desserts and puts them away in the kitchen* Everyone is welcome to help themselves to the cake and ice cream. *Grabs a broom and begins sweeping the main room*
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Song, my signature is from a song by Phil Collins called *You'll be in my Heart* My boyfriend sent it to me. (Oh, I said it...boyfriend)

*Looks in cupboards for party hats. Finds them and puts them on the counter* Nothing like celebrating a birthday to liven things up. *Puts on a party hat*

*Goes into main room and starts decorating with birthday banners*
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Is fairly pushes in through the big doors of the inn* *shivers* My, it's blustery!

*Walks over to the fire to thaw out* I've not been in here for quite some time...welcome Jess, Cupcake, and elfmaiden!

*Gets a cup of hot cocoa and then wanders over to the kitchen* Do you have any of those cheese burgers left, by any chance?
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
Only one cheese burger left. Come and get it.

I guess its time to start making the spaghetti if I want to make enough* starts boiling water and getting the meat sauce ready*
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Happily munches said cheese burger* Mmmm...this is fantastic!

*Finishes it off* Do you need help with anything, Cupcake?
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
Can you please make the garlic bread? It's store bought. Just fallow the directions on the back.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Sure! *pulls out French bread loaf and slices it, then quickly mixes softened butter and garlic in a bowl* *this done, places all the slices onto a pan and pops it in the oven* That'll be done in a couple of minutes. Anything else that needs doing?
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
nope I think everything is done. its too yearly for supper where I live but I'm sure someone is hungry. You never know when a bunch of hungry hobbits will show up.
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
*Walks in to the kitchen and waves at everyone*
Hello, all! I got a bit distracted by the lovely warm fire And as for how it is here in Ohio. Well, it's pretty cold and snowy! Luckily, I get to spend most of the day inside where it's nice and toasty! But did I hear that it was someone's birthday? Happy birthday, Song! I hope you have a wonderful day.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Lindarielwen, that is wonderful!

Thank you, Jess! My day has been made so joyous by all the wonderful people in it!

And oh! A party for me? Thank you all so much! *Puts on a hat and turns on some happy music* Let's dance around the party tree!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
*Pulls out garlic bread toast* I believe everything is ready!

*Puts on a party hat* Let's get this party started!
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
*puts on a party hat* I brought some fireworks! *starts setting some off.*
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, I am getting really hot in here. the fire is warming for the people that are cold, but I am suffering humidity, wearing shorts and a tee in this hot weather here......
*scoots farther away from the fire*
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONG!!!! I forgot to mention it. woops!
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
*starts cleaning up after yesterday's party* That was some great fun. but I'm all worn out. I'm sorry everyone but I'm so warn out that tonight's supper will just be some nice frozen pizzas. But look at it this way, you still don't have to cook. lol
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you all so much for the lovely time on my birthday. It was wonderful. *Finishes cleaning up the room*

Why don't we all just sit and relax now? *Takes a seat in a comfy chair and puts feet up on a low stool* Do any of you have hobbies? I have several but my most recent one is calligraphy. Though I have not entirely mastered any one part yet, it is still a lot of fun. *Takes out supplies* Today I was working on making a piece of paper look old using coffee and the oven. I think I will turn it into a map.
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
I attempted calligraphy a few years ago Song. I loved how it looked so begged for a calligraphy set for Christmas. Turns out you need to have good normal hand writting to making it look good.

I don't know if it counts as a hobby, but I like to collect bookmarks. I have quite a few. One is from 1987 library week in some town in IL., it seams to be made out of some silky material. Found it in an old book I rented.
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
Calligraphy is an interest of mine, as well, Song I can spend hours just watching someone write, but I have never been able to do it myself ^^ Your aged paper sounds really cool, and I'm sure it would look incredible as a map! Especially a map of Middle-Earth
My hobbies are singing, acting and drawing. I used to do some performances around my area, but since I've moved recently, I've not done any in a while I'm also specially talented at binge-watching TV shows on Netflix, but that's not nearly as impressive, haha

[Edited on 02/25/2015 by yesitsjess26]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
*Comes in door*

It is wonderfully warm out today! A calm before the storm so to speak! *sits on stool* I tried calligraphy...didn't work out. Ooh! On your map Song to make it look really old wade it in your back pocket, take a walk, lose it, panic for an hour, find it against a fence with some moldy wet leaves, tear it in the midst of picking it up, spill coffee on it while trying to straighten it out, sit it in the sun to dry. Its a perfect recipe for old looking paper, except there is about a 00.1 chance in 100 that you will find it once you lose it...ask me how I know

Ooh! What is your oldest bookmark Cupcake?

I would say writing is my hobby...its what I do in every spare minute so I think that counts.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
its the 1987 one as mentioned above. I don't have a lot of money so most of mine or gifts or found.
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Calligraphy really is not very hard. And no, you don't have to have good handwriting to be able to do it. My normal handwriting is terrible! The trick is in learning to keep a constant pen angle and use lines to keep your words even. I am still working on mastering Foundational Hand.

Collecting things can certainly count as a hobby, Cupcake! Most of my hobbies are things that don't cost much money such as gardening, knitting/crocheting, etc. I also keep aquariums, and was able to get a fair amount of my fish and plants for free.

Jess, I love singing too! I enjoy acting as well, though I haven't had many opportunities to do that. I'm not very good at drawing but I think it's fun too.

Cenor, that does sound like a good old paper recipe! I used a candle to brown the edges of the paper and accidentally lit it on fire several times...don't worry, the house is still standing.

Guess what?? It's snowing! In Mississippi!! *Runs outside to catch some snowflakes* *Knocks on inn door a moment later and sticks head inside* Do you want to build a snowman? *Grins*

[Edited on 02/25/2015 by Eruwestiel_Evensong]
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
Do you have any suggestions on how to begin calligraphy, Song? I agree, Cupcake, collecting things is definitely a hobby! Your bookmark collection sounds really awesome! ^^ Personally, I collect snowglobes, but not many people are particularly impressed by that
Cenor, I'll have to try that old paper recipe
And as for the snow, *imitates Elsa* the cold never bothered me anyway...
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
you know, I've never built a snowman and I live in the prime place for it. Lets make a huge one. *makes a snowball and starts rolling it around*
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Jess, do you have any materials yet? I definitely recommend starting with a fountain pen and water based ink. My pen has interchangeable nibs which makes it way easier and cost effective. The ink is in little cartridges too so you can just keep it in the pen. Dipping pens are cool but a little more complicated.

Then you just need some think paper and a good writing surface. Most times you want to keep the pen at a 30 degree angle. I have a calligraphy book that came with a DVD, but I'm sure you could find tons of videos on YouTube.

*Shivers* The cold does bother me when I'm just sitting still. I had a blast out in the snow earlier. I sang "Let It Go" and "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" with Mareth_Ravenlock when we were out in it. Under the pine trees was like a tent with the branches almost touching the ground. So beautiful! *Helps Cupcake make a snowman* Brr...anyone want some hot chocolate and cookies? *Goes inside and fills trays with goodies and takes them to the main room* Come and get it if you want some!
<< First678910Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email