Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First89101112Last >>
Author Topic:
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
*Puts on t-shirt and takes a beverage*
I feel bad, but I've never seen the original Star Trek, either. *Sips drink* I know you'll be okay, but it's always hard when someone you've grown up idolizing passes away. And I agree with Cupcake: from what I've read it seems he really did live long and prosper ^^
Come to the dark side and join the
we have cookies! :hugs:
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
I've only seen the new Star Trek films, and part of one of the old movies. But I was still sad when I heard about him.
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
RIP Leonard Nimoy ♥

Oh, I'm so glad we had a mini-"tribute" here for him. He will live on in many people's memories.

I made some flapjacks today, so enjoy everyone! *puts out plate of flapjacks*
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
*Grabs a few flapjacks and starts to eat*
Yummy! I had some Mexican rice and milk today (it tastes a lot better than it sounds)^^ And, to celebrate the beginning of March, my whole family went out and built a bunch of snowmen. We've got a TON of snow out here (the whole neighborhood is out with shovels and snowblowers trying to clear their driveways)...
How is the weather where you guys are? ♥
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
we are seriously lacking in snow this year. My family snowmobiles a lot and the trials here haven't opened at all so far this year. Its not good for the economy. Plus come spring, the ground is going to be so dry, the farmers are not going to be happy.
What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Hey, I can do the "Live long and prosper" thing with both of my hands...I do it too my family sometimes.

*Gets a couple flapjacks and starts eating*

It looks like we'll be getting lots of rain. Typical Mississippi winter weather.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
*puts on a Spock t-shirt with some reverence * I never really watched Star Trek at all, but my mom was a big fan. But, like Mareth, I can do the "Live long and prosper" thing with both of my hands too! I have been doing it for a long time....
Where I'm at, it is a lovely, but slightly humid, 70 degrees!
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
My mom can't do the spock hand and we pick on her a lot for it. We make her do it all the time. Great fun.

and happy Dr. Seuss day everyone! What was your favorite Dr. Seuss book? Mine was the Foot Book or Hop on Pop. its a tie.
What herb heals all wounds? Thyme! Be excellent to each other, and party on dudes! Sprinkles are for winners
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
I can do it with both hands, too ^^ I'm the only one in my family with that "gift"
70 degrees?!!? Gosh, it was a few degrees above freezing the other day and we considered it a heat wave, haha! And Cupcake, my favorite Dr. Seuss book is "Oh, The Places You'll Go!" ^^ My mom used to read it to me when I was younger ♥
Hriste
Council Member
Send Message
Hello, I haven't been in the Inn before, but I thought I'd drop in.

Mareth_Ravenlock said:Are there any Sherlock fans here? I'm talking books, not shows. I've never watched the shows, but I love reading Sherlock and Watson's many adventures.

I like these books too, we have one big book that has them all. I've always liked 'The Case of the Dying Detective' even though he tricks Watson.

Last night I watched 'The Man from UNCLE' on a channel paying tribute to Leonard Nimoy. And it was pretty good. It had Spock and Captain Kirk from Star Trek; Ducky from NCIS; and Colonel Klink from Hogan's Heroes.
My dad and I also can do the hand thing.

-Hristë

Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo! Heed no nightly noise! Fear no grey willow!
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Welcome to the inn, Hristë! Nice to have you here!

*puts on a Spock shirt* I've never watched Star Trek either, but I can do the hand thing with my right hand.

Sorry I've missed a lot of discussion here, I've been reading along but just haven't posted in awhile. How is everyone doing?
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Well I've joined the group, and am now your resident Chinese cuisine chef Here have a pork bun, I watmed it up for you. Unless you're a veggie, then here is a veggie bun instead
Image Image
"Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." ~ Elrond ♥
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Hriste said: Last night I watched 'The Man from UNCLE' on a channel paying tribute to Leonard Nimoy. And it was pretty good. It had Spock and Captain Kirk from Star Trek; Ducky from NCIS; and Colonel Klink from Hogan's Heroes.
My dad and I also can do the hand thing.

-Hristë

I loved watching U.N.C.L.E when I was a kid. My older sister had a crush on David McCallum ("Ducky"

Leonard Nimoy was in heaps of TV shows, usually for only 1 to three episodes. I remember seeing him in Outer Limits, Twilight Zone, and Combat in the 1960's. I think the oldest thing I ever seen him in was the 1955 giant-ant movie 'Them' where he was in one brief scene as an army sergeant.

Now, I want to try some of Ilde's cooking....
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Ilde, I really, really want a pork bun. In fact, I am kind of salivating right now. But, I just made a batch of my specialty blueberry muffins. Anyone want one?
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
I've been craving some blueberry muffins for a few days now. Maybe tonight I will make some. Do you have a good recipe eflmaiden?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
autistic cupcake said:...and happy Dr. Seuss day everyone! What was your favorite Dr. Seuss book? Mine was the Foot Book or Hop on Pop. its a tie.

Did you know it was his 111 birthday? My mom and I shared a LotR joke and confused some people

Did someone say blueberry muffins?
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
I loved all the Dr. Seuss books I read. "Hop on Pop", "Oh, the Places You'll Go!"... so many fun books!

It was his 111 birthday? How wonderful! Last night I wore my "Dr. Seuss socks". They are fuzzy and have colorful stripes.

*samples one of Ildë's pork buns* Mmmm...this is as fabulous as the Elvenking! *savours every bite* I love blueberry muffins! Mareth_Ravenlock makes them wonderfully. I'm sure she would gladly give the recipe to anyone who wants it.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
*enters*

"My goodness! It's lovely to see so many new people enjoying the Green Dragon's hospitality! Nice to meet all of you.

Did somebody say blueberry muffins? I would love one to go with my coffee. I've been enjoying the sunshine at my place and doing some much-needed pruning and planting.

mmm ..... That really smells good, Song. It's one of Ildë's creations? Think I'll have one as well."

*goes to kitchen to fetch a pork bun, takes a bite as she returns*

"These are wonderful, Ildë! I'm making a fresh pot of borscht and I bring some in when it's ready."
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
RIP Leonard Nimoy

Sounds great everyone! I'm glad you all like the buns I'd have a blueberry muffin, but I'll wait unti after I've tried some of E-S's borscht!

It's been one long day at universality for me, due to having a research proposal to compile, 1 patient web site to create and lots of anatomical diagrams to complete!

I'm going to put my feet up to read the rest of 'The Silmarillion'
Image Image
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
Anyone hungry? We had rice, stir fry and chicken for supper, so I thought I'd bring some over. *sets out the food along with a bowl of sweet and sour sauce* Oh, and the chicken is served separately from the stir fry if someone wants to have it plain.

Itarildë, it sounds like you've been busy. I really want to read The Silmarillion, but have to finish The Hobbit first. I'm not sure if I'll read it before or after the Trilogy either.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Woo HOO! Stir-fry with chicken!

I suggest you may want to read the Trilogy before the Sil. I don't think I would have handled the Sil as well as I did had I not read the Trilogy and Appendices a few times before. Either way, enjoy!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
ItarildeSirfalas
Council Member
Send Message
RIP Leonard Nimoy

I'll have some of the stir fry, Song!

And yes, I have been pretty busy! Hence my disappearance from the RP forum! I'll be back soon

I've only just gotten around to reading it. I've never read it before but I am really enjoying it
Image Image
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
I read it long ago, back in 2006. I should read it again. I'm going through all my Tolkien books again. Then reading all the Chronicles of Narnia (did you know Lewis and Tolkien were real life friends?) then the Inheritance cycle. Wow, I got a long way to go.
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
I loved the Sil. But, it was pretty hard to read....
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
autistic cupcake said:... did you know Lewis and Tolkien were real life friends? ...

Yes, cupcake, and you might want to read the book by JRRT's official biographer, Humphrey Carpenter, titled "The Inklings." That was the name of an informal group centered on C.S. Lewis at Oxford, which met more or less regularly at several venues in Oxford, especially Lewis's rooms at his college, for discussions and readings out loud of works in progress.
*looks at watch* oh dear, got to run or I'll be late at my Realm!

P.S. I can do Spock's greeting with both hands, too! (R.I.P. Leonard!)

[Edited on 03/04/2015 by Gandolorin]
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
Which Realm are you a part of? I am part of Mandos, and no-one ever does anything. Its kindof dead (no pun intended). But I love the Humphrey Carpenter books. I once did a report on Tolkien and they were invaluable.
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
Gandolorin said:
autistic cupcake said:... did you know Lewis and Tolkien were real life friends? ...

Yes, cupcake, and you might want to read the book by JRRT's official biographer, Humphrey Carpenter, titled "The Inklings." That was the name of an informal group centered on C.S. Lewis at Oxford, which met more or less regularly at several venues in Oxford, especially Lewis's rooms at his college, for discussions and readings out loud of works in progress.
*looks at watch* oh dear, got to run or I'll be late at my Realm!

P.S. I can do Spock's greeting with both hands, too! (R.I.P. Leonard!)

[Edited on 03/04/2015 by Gandolorin]

i think I read that when I was doing a research protect on Tolkien in high school. If I remember right they met at a pub galled the Child and the Eagle. They called it the Bird and the Baby.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
@ elfmaiden77: I'm a member of the "Realm of Vairë the Weaver", which is pretty lively.

@ autistic cupcake: yes they did, it was a favorite haunt of theirs. But the real center of the Inklings meetings were Lewis's rooms at Magdalen College in Oxford, where for several years members read their works in progress out loud (JRRT read much of LoTR out loud to them; Lewis was the one who liked to have things read out loud to him).

Just a little trivia on the side: Lewis was never offered a chair at Oxford (JRRT held two in succession), so he moved to Cambridge for a chair, and became a fellow of Magdalene College in Cambridge (as he had been of Magdalen college in Oxford).

My mind boggles! The two leading academic institutions of England are not able to agree on a simple name???

Ummm - come to think of it, they probably disagreed as a matter of pig-headed principle. Image
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Lol Gando!

There is a geographical connection between Narnia and Middle Earth...do you know what it is?
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
elfmaiden77
Council Member
Send Message
No! What is it? and Cenor, do you say Kenor or Senor? that has had me wondering for some time.....
autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
did you know that middle earth and Narnia were both sung into creation?
yesitsjess26
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, you're gone for just a short while and you have so many posts to catch up!
Elfmaiden, I'm in Mandos too! I agree, I just really wish it would liven back up!!!
I'm currently reading the Silmarillion and I'm reading it after the Trilogy. I agree, the LOTR and its appendices are really helpful ^^
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
The Ettenmoor Mountains! Both Narnia and Middle Earth have the Ettenmoors

It is pronounced Kenor Elfmaiden

That's cool cupcake! I never really thought of that...

autistic cupcake
Council Member
Send Message
I loved Narnia before LotR so I was able to see a lot of the similarities in the books. I only read LotR because Tolkien was a friend of Lewis. I didn't know how much I was going to end up liking it. lol
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
*comes in through door*

Hey, everybody! How's it going? I've just spent a lovely morning planting pansies and pulling weeds. And, my lawn needs mowing again, despite the quantity of moss that seems to have invaded it over the winter. Guess I'll have to get the sprayer out and see what I can do about it.

*goes to counter and gets a cup of coffee and one of the muffins sitting beside the coffee maker. Takes a bite*

Oooh, this muffin is heavenly and really hits the spot. I didn't realize I was so hungry!

It's interesting how various people "found" the Tolkienverse. In my case, I was dating a rabid Tolkien fan who enjoyed discussing anything to do with Tolkien and found myself reading the books almost in self-defense. Note: the boyfriend is long gone but Tolkien has remained a favourite companion in the years since then.

*sits down by the window*

Any plans for spring?
<< First89101112Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email