Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1314151617Last >>
Author Topic:
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
and Belle this is so unlike her. Her personality just is not like this and when I talked to the eldest children they did not feel like mom said. So I am wondering if she might be going through menopause (sp?) But it is not fair and thanks for the support .
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
It's possible (spelling is right) and if this is very different, something most likely IS going on with her. Miserable for the holidays.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
We have had unseasonably warm weather - (well) above 10°C / 50°F - here for a few days. Some critters seem to be getting confused, like a blackbird male that twittered away at high volume in a tree outside my office building when it was dark as far as sunset is concerned (5:30 PM or so). Of course, there is quite a bit of artificial light there ...
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
AWELYN:It's just not fair and it is injust to blame you.When my daughter was growing up we lived in British Columbia and my brother in Québec where all the family was.He had 2 young children at the time and of course my mom was spending more time with them and she was talking a lot about them in the letters she wrote me.My brother's children are closer to my mom than my daughter because they grew up with their grandmother seeing her every week.But I never blame my mother for that.I just thought it was normal that she talked a lot about them,she saw them so often and when children are growing up there is a lot to say,it didn't mean she loved my daughter less just that the relationship was different.I hope she comes to her senses.But if she is not like herself like you said, maybe something else is bothering
her .Big hugs to you my friend.

At last I finished the book I started to read at the end of september.The complete work of H.P.Lovecraft,102 horror stories, 1783 pages.Now,I'm done with horror stories for a long long time.

No snow yet only freezing rain,I should have put on my skates this morning to walk the dog,very slippery it was.
awelyn418
Send Message
Thanks for the support Belle and Dimple.
Dimple be careful with the ice. My mother-in-law had ice cleats that she wore in icy weather. If I lived in a area that had ice often I would wear them.
Gandolorien that is nice weather and poor bird.
Have a goodnight.
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
Don't worry Awelyn I have cleats too I just didn't bother to put them on that morning but it won't happen again it is too painful when falling on the ice ouch!

We had finally snow on friday,a good 2-3 inches I'll say but will it last? Warmer temperature and sunny days for this week-end and a good part of next week.

I made strawberry and blueberry pies this week and soon I will make my triple chocolate cake it is sooooo good it's almost a sin to eat it! lol

Have a good week-ens all
awelyn418
Send Message
Triple chocolate cake my mouth is watering Dimple, that sounds so good. Your pies sound yummy too. I am glad you had snow. Take care and have a great weekend.
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
Miraculously I find myself able to log in. Have had access problems most of this year. If I disappear again please know that you can find me as Liz Dyer on Facebook. Message me there. Profile pic of smiley old thing. I apologise for my absence and hope to hear from folks. I really miss you all.

Cirdaneth
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
Hey Liz! I saw your FB post and I thought I'd try again! Ta da!
SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
Alright! It's that time of year! Are we doing Christmas/holiday/solstice cards? I still have the old list. Let me know!
BelleBayard
Send Message
Yay! You're back! Woot! I would love to. Do you have me on it?
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
Guys,
I will pull it up tomorrow and posted who is on it. Don't know who is still around. Like I said, I couldn't log in for quite some time so who knows who else has gone.
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
OMG hello Cirdaneth and Sindy I'm happy to see you here again.!!.
awelyn418
Send Message
Sindy and cirdaneth so glad to see you. I don't think I will do paper cards this year. I will send e-cards to the people from here that are on Facebook and to those that I have an e-mail address. I am having trouble having time. I babysit 9 hours a day Monday through Friday for my daughter. But if I decide to I have my list from last year. It makes this Hobbit's heart happy to see you two here and I know it is not your fault. I hope COE is repaired because I missed you even though I talk to you both on Facebook.
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings all. Christmas approaches and I am sure we are all busy getting ready. I hope that you have time to relax and enjoy some quiet moments and time with loved ones, so that the preparations do not become slave drivers.

Awelyn I was sad to read about your troubles with your daughter. As I see it, the problem is jealousy and the problem belongs to her. How sad that she is so insecure that she can only see what she wants and doesn't see that you have the right to decide how much to travel and how to live your life. I hope that you will continue to be a great, loving grandmother in the way that fits for you. Maybe she will calm down and see the truth. Menopause ? Well I suppose that she might be having problems with her mood and that can certainly distort how she sees things. Stay strong ! That's my 2 cents worth.

Card list ? Oh dear,I think I have left it rather late. I think this year you will get your cards closer to New Years. Sorry about that.

We are recovering from a nasty little storm on Wednesday. It rained, then fell as slush that froze into ruts. Trees fell across power lives and about 6,000 people in the area were without electricity for several hours. We were lucky enough not to have any problems but sure had some heavy shoveling to do. The snow looks like great dollops of icing on the trees.We are hoping it won;t keep coming in such dramatic form,but we know that extreme weather events are more likely these days. So, it reminds me to be good to the Earth, as humans are complicating things.

Watch yourselves on the icy surfaces! Bundle up when the weather gets cold. Be well and be happy !
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
awelyn418
Send Message
Neenime thank you for your support. Daughter and I have talked about this more and things are working out but we still have a long way to go but I do see light at the end of the turmoil tunnel. I am learning more how to stand up for myself even to my children. Oh my goodness your weather is awful. My weather is like Spring . Matter of fact we have tornado warnings out for tomorrow. Give me blizzard and ice storm over tornado. We have our electric wires buried under ground in my subdivision and the last ice storm my power never went out once. But we do have a generator. Stay safe.
Merry Christmas one and all if I don't get back on here before Christmas.
BelleBayard
Send Message
Glad to hear things are at least progressing some, awelyn. Rainy here today, which we need a lot. Been chilly, but warmer today because of the precipitation. Today is Winter Solstice, shortest day of the year. Wishing you all the best.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
We have had (very much needed!) precipitation off and on over the last few days. But Bing Crosby's "White Christmas" is definitely not going to happen this year. At 9:45 PM CET we have over 8°C / about mid-forties °F. And that is not going to change much over the next couple of days.
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
AWELYN: I'm glad things start to working out,be patient,sometimes time do a lot of healing.

Well outside is white.We had a big snowfall on monday and tuesday we clean the driveway and around the house with the snowblower for the first time of the season but,tomorrow 20mm of rain that is a big amount,is predicted with high of 15C.It will be like spring. El Nino is pretty strong this year!
BelleBayard
Send Message
Well, we lost a young rabbit and may lose another to the dogs next door. Because of the rain, the ground is very soft and the hot wire we put up was grounded and no longer functioning. I came home to them trying to get into the mama's cage and the young one had torn out of the cage and was flung around (not eaten) by the dogs. I went to the neighbor and told him enough is enough. We have all tried everything - rocks, brick, hot wire, new fence (which the other dogs wrecked) and all to no avail. I'm done and the neighbor agreed. They are his daughter's dogs and she's moved out. Well, time for the dogs to move out. They are vicious, trying to attack us and our dog through the fence. I don't want them hurt, but they need to be with folks who are there all day, who take them for walks as they do not do well by themselves in the backyard. Ugh... Rainy all day off and on here, so the ground is very boggy. :/ I'm tired and bummed... Have to bury the young one. Hurts my heart... a wasted life.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message

I hope everybody has a wonderful day with family and friends. ES
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
I was just blocked again. It took eight tries to get back and after one message to Staff Room it blocked me again. Another three tries and here I am again hoping it lets me post this. Anyway ...

A Very Merry Christmas to everyone and have a great time
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
BELLE: I'm very sorry about your rabbit and hope that your neighbor will do something about it.
A life that didn't have to end. How sad.

A MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU .

Enjoy the time with family and friends.Good company, good food,good wine

Have a very goodnight,sweet dreams.
BelleBayard
Send Message
Merry Christmas and good holidays to everyone! Sun is shining and day is bright.
awelyn418
Send Message
so sorry about the young rabbit Belle. How sad. Merry Christmas,season's greetings,happy holidays.
everyone I am a bit late. Cirdaneth so glad you were able to get on. No snow here Dimple only rain.
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
Greetings all. I hope your Christmas celebrations have been joyful and satisfying. Ours were a bit subdued with one son out of town, another ill and one only able to attend Christmas Eve. It was quite a strait to the days of a full house and many votes raised in song. Stil, I was grateful that my mom is still with us and friends were able to join us.

Belle - terrible about your rabbits. Are there no by-laws that dogs cannot run loose? I am glad you spoke up and that the neighbour appears to share your concerns.

Cirdaneth what a pain that the system is giving you such a hard time. Glad you made it eventually.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ! I was too late to send cards to those of you overseas. Please accept my heartfelt wishes for good health, joy and peace at this time of year and always.

I am just back from Emergency. Gave birth to a bouncing baby kidney stone this afternoon. Named it Rocky and was glad to have it pass. Thank goodness for pain meds !
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
BelleBayard
Send Message
Owie, Neenime! Those hurt so much and yeah, feel very similar to giving birth. Hopefully no more in your future! The dogs are NOW kept indoors except to get out for potty, whereas they were left in the backyard without interaction except feeding. Not good for dogs at all. Neighbor said he would find other homes for them where folks would be able to spend time with them. We'll see what we will see. Been cold for San Diego - down to the mid 20's at night/early morning and no warmer than 55-60's during the day. Very unusual for us. Rained like crazy this morning, but dry this evening. El Nino's are really weird.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Fireworks tomorrow might get a bit of a damper in the true sense of the word here - the forecast is for rain and sleet (yuck). And we have gotten below freezing at least one, perhaps both of the last two nights - barely below, nothing arctic by any means (but not being acclimatized to it, it sure feels quite cold).
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message

I hope everybody has a wonderful New Year's Eve, and a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2016.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Happy New Year to all from Germany!!!

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
Garo Idhrinn Eden Veren! Frohes neues Jahr ! Bonne année! Feliz año nuevo ! Щасливого нового року !

I hope you all had a lovely celebration with good company, good food and good cheer. Wishing each of you good health, joy and good fortune int he year to come. May you live every day from the very best of yourself and enjoy the abundance that life has to offer. May we all walk the earth with greater respect and care.

Hubby and I actually stayed conscious til after midnight, although I confess that I dozed off during the film we were watching. The Big Short was about the financial disaster of 2008 resulting from the machinations of big banks and investment companies. It was a reminder of the disgusting greed that permeates elements of the capitalist system and the refusal of democratic governments to rein in those players. I don't understand much of the financial aspects, but the characters managed to explain it well enough (partly with the use of sotto voce comments, as in opera), that one could get the gist of it. Just makes me want to shake my head and bang a few others together.

On a happier note - all three of our sons are home now, the youngest having driven late at night about 8 hrs on Tuesday to join us. It's good to have their laughter, loud discussions, music and culinary input in the house. We did eight home-made pizzas yesterday with everything from olives to figs to red onions sautéed in a balsamic reduction. The kitchen was a mess and my shoulders hurt from all the rolling out of dough, but we had a grand time.

Have a wonderful day, everyone !

[Edited on 01/01/2016 by Neenime]

[Edited on 11/24/2016 by Neenime]
BelleBayard
Send Message
Thanks, Neenime. I spent New Year's Eve in bed with a fever up to 101.9. Ugh... Better now, but still have sinus headache and nose wants to run off my face. Wishing all a better 2016 than 2015 was. If that makes any sense. I'm a bit foggy right now.
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
HAVE A GOOD AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
We are having a bit of wet snow right now, hardly to be seen in the lights, but it can be felt as tiny drops on the hand. A large part of the lawn-cum-pasture is covered, but some parts below the pines have gone dark and wet because it's melting and dripping off the trees. Also just chucked some carrots down for two of the rabbits who show up occasionally at night.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
My neighbour has taken down the majority of his Christmas decorations and it seems really dark outside. LOL Mind will come down after the 6th. I leave a few on the trees, as does he, just for a bit of colour during the dreary months of January and February.

Belle - I hope you're starting to feel well again. I was feeling a bit off but that was due to some overindulgence of unusual (for me) food over the holidays. I've been eating a very light diet today.

Have an awesome and restful weekend, everybody.
<< First1314151617Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email