Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
echoes
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Favorite romantic moment
on: September 04, 2004 09:53
I like all the Aragorn and Arwen scenes, especially the one in FotR where Arwen tells Aragorn that he is Isildur's heir and not Isildur himself and therefore is not bound to his fate. And in TTT where Arwen says "May the grace of the Valar protect you". And in RotK at the end during Aragorn's coronation where he finally sees Arwen again after such a long hard journey. They both looked so happy and it just gave me this feeling that everything's going to be okay from now on.

Sam and Rosie's scenes are nice too. Everything about them is so sweet and cute!
Elvish4ever97
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2004 07:18
The end in the coranation where Aragorn practically englufs arwen. :heart:
LadyLegolas113
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2004 08:28
*sighs* when she gives him the pendant......"it is mine to give to whom i will.....like my heart" par tof the reason my bf and i both are completely in love with lotr and we always talk in scenes from the moveis....he actually translated that part in elvish and said it to me when he gave my the pendant he bought me 4 our 1 year anniversary....it was so sweet.....he wrote me a poem in quenya too......it was so beautiful
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2004 06:18
I can't think of just one or two scenes, so I'm just gonna say all 3 movies!! Some of my favs are already listed: Anything between aragorn and arwen. I too, thought the aragorn/eowyn thing was a bit too much...but it made for a good movie line...
~Arwen~
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2004 10:16
he bridge sequence in ROTK, it just makes you all mooshy inside:love:andIjust LOVE this quote"I'd rather spend one lifeime with you, than spend all ages of thisworld alone" her EYES!lol, jus her EYES! thaT glow! is so, awwwww!!!,also the kiss in the coronation scene (ROTK)tha kiss is.....daaaaammmmnnn!I WANNA BE HER!
~Arwen~
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2004 10:23
i love sam and rosie's wedding! i dont know if its totally romantic but it sure is cute!

yeeeeahh, awww!!:love:
luthienkenobi
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 07, 2004 07:24
I love the part in TTT when Arwen and Aragorn are on the balcony overlooking the woods (?). I love that part...mostly the dialogue in elvish. I hope I'm going to like the parts between Eowyn and Faramir!
~precious~lil~smeagol~
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2004 04:11
The romantic crap is boring. :yawn:
Nienna-of-the-Valar
Loremaster of the Edain
Send Message
on: November 10, 2004 03:38
Heh, now, precious smeagol, let's remember please that this thread is for discussing our favorite romantic moment. If you don't have one, this is really not the place to be posting, is it? Thanks.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 19, 2005 06:08
My favorite one would have to be when Arwen says this to Aragorn after he says that his path is hidden from him: Ae ú-esteliach nad, estelio han. Estelio ammen. *If you trust nothing else, trust this, trust us.*

I totally agree with you but I have to say that at the end of ROTK when Aragorn and Arwen kiss and Aragorn is like; I can't believe this! It's such a good scene!

When Eowyn and Farmir meet is also good when Eowyn says: There's no warmth left in the sun!" or something like that then Faramir says "I don't think this darkness will endure!" I just love it when Eowyn smiles at him and rests her head on his chest and the way he smiles at her is just soooo romantic! :heart: :love:
hobbitnamedeliza
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2005 09:13
I have to go back to what others have said about Gimli's life-long devotion to Galadriel.

What J.R. Davies said about that scene blew me away. He talks about the kind of love men can develop for a woman that is "so beautiful she makes you feel your own ugliness"...it's just about one of the most romantic things I've ever heard a real man say...as if I weren't destroyed by the beauty of that scene to begin with!!!!
Nimloth_Ilivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2005 01:16
The scenes with Arwen and Aragorn and Éowyn and Faramir and the houses of healing
fbc
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2005 06:27
I dearly love the A/A reunion in ROTK along with the bridge scene in FOTR.
Dingil
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2005 02:27
oh i liked the part in rotk EE with faramir and Eowynthe best!... its so sweet...swoon..lol
yankeegirl
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 24, 2005 02:45
Let's see...

In the ROTK EE when Eowyn had that awful dream and Aragorn comforted her. He's such a sweetheart. :love:

When Aragorn and Eowyn are going down to Helm's Deep and they're just talking. The way she looks at him is so realistic. Good acting there.

I loved it when Eowyn was in the moonlight and she just turned around. The House of Healing scenes were sweet.
newsgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2005 07:01

I loved it when Eowyn was in the moonlight and she just turned around. The House of Healing scenes were sweet.

yes, I loved that part too! And I also love liv tyler's singing in the background.
yankeegirl
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 25, 2005 11:15
This is going to sound so stupid on my part but I was so engaged in the scene I didn't even notice the song! I think the scene carries itself rather well even if there is music or none.

Oh, there's also the scene I loved of Eowyn and Faramir both being very happy and looking at eachother.
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2008 12:11
i like the scene with Galdriel and Gimli (just like Figwit said), but i also like all the scenes with Aragorn and Arwen. My favourite would be the dream in Rivendell
crystalarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2009 03:46
My favorite romantic moment is the bridge scene in FOTR. I love it when Arwen gives Aragorn the Evenstar pendant. Then the kiss at the end is so sweet.

[Edited on 11/7/2009 by crystalarwen]
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 26, 2009 04:11
oh goodness....there are too many parts!

one part that always makes me cry is the flashforward when Aragorn has died and Elrond is telling the tale. That makes me cry so much.

Then the next one would be the bridge seen in Rivendell, when Arwen gives the Evenstar to him.
ILoveLegolsHesMine
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2009 09:17
I like the bridge thing and also the bit where Aragorn is being told to go to sleep and is in the dream where Arwen tells him which way to go.
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 01, 2009 11:30
My favorite is when Arwen meets the hobbits and Aragorn in the forest after the attack at Weathertop. Arwen and Aragorn share a brief look and clasp hands before she mounts and rides away with Frodo. It's very short, and understated, but it reveals alot about their bond and love for eachother. :heart:
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2009 11:57
I love Sam and Rosie's wedding. And when they dance at the beginning of FotR. It's so sweet and romantic in a...hobbitish kind of way. :love:
_Meldë_
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2009 04:22
When Aragorn and Arwen are speaking Elvish to each other en she says that she can give her love to who she wants to :heart:
Meldacaniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2009 06:53
I love the scene with Faramir and Eowyn in the Houses of Healing. That always moves me.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email