Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Evenstar
Council Member
Send Message
Post Favorite romantic moment
on: August 30, 2003 10:10
Why am I starting a new topic? This is my first visit in who-knows-how-long...

~Ahem~

So. I just watched TTT on Friday night and it's just my opinion that Peter JAckson has created some of the most beautiful and romantic moments in cinematic history (again, just my humble opinion). So. What's your favorite romantic moment in FOTR/TTT?
iLikeLOTRaLittle2much
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Favorite romantic moment
on: August 30, 2003 10:22
Oh... hmm... Probably in TTT when Aragron "breaks up" with Arwen, but Arwen lets Aragorn keep the Evenstar, etc... it's so sad, and it kinda makes me mad at Elrond
pippinsscarf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2003 12:31
I like when Arwen and Aragorn talk on that little bridge thingy.
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2003 09:44
I like all the scenes with Eowyn where you can tell she is truely in love with Aragorn.
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: August 31, 2003 01:05
hardly romantic, I suppose, but when Galadriel gives Gimli three strands of her hair

'I asked her for one hair from her golden head, she gave me three'
iLikeLOTRaLittle2much
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2003 02:35
Oh, yeah! Good one, Figwit! I wish I woulda thought of that one
Ivorwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2003 02:46
I agree with Figwit! It's so neat to see Gimli so totally entranced by Galadriel!

(I'm holding out for ROTK, and hoping that the scene between Faramir & Éowyn will be there- and that will be my vote! Not saying any more- don't wanna give out any spoilers!)
hobbithole_dweller
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2003 04:16
same as pippinsscarf, definately the bridge thingy.

The digital grading for that scene was all smokey and dream-like and the colours in the forest (or wherever they were) were fantastic! I also liked how the scene was mostly just their eyes and facial expressions.....so good :drool:
_mithrim
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2003 07:03
I like the part after Aragorn has fallen off the cliff and she gives him the blessing and a kiss. "May the grace of the Valar protect you." :heart: So sweet! Also I have to aggree about the bridge. That was very beautiful. :heart:
Frodos_One_True_Love
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2003 09:24
I'm a self-confessed romantic, so needless to say,I *adored* the romantic moments in the movies. My favorite one would have to be when Arwen says this to Aragorn after he says that his path is hidden from him: Ae ú-esteliach nad, estelio han. Estelio ammen. *If you trust nothing else, trust this, trust us.*

Arwen and Aragorn are so perfect for each other... I think their story is very inspiring. I think it gives hope to people like myself who still believe that love conquers all.:heart:
Laervireth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2003 05:45
"True love conquers all...even rodents of unusual size."...Little Princess Bride quote there lol.

My fave romantic moments are definitely the bridge scene in FOTR and when Aragorn and Arwen are talking about Aragorn's path in TT. I love those!:heart:

I also happen to be one of the romantics...I believe in true love and everything like that. :heart:
Gwenhwyfar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2003 06:32
I love Aragorn's flashback to Rivendell: he is lying on the couch and Arwen kisses him and he says it is a dream. She replies, "then it is a good one." I just find that little exchange to be so touching and realistic. It's so intimate, you can tell that they have been in love for a while and know each other well.

Este
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2003 04:25
I love that flashforward part when Aragorn is dead,and Arwen is standing next to him,she looks so sad.That maybe doesn`t count as romantic,but I just think it`s so touching :cry:

[Edited on 1/9/2003 by Este]
evil_she-elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2003 05:28
The bridge scene and when Aragorn has the dream.
Pippin12
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2003 09:59
It may not be romantic, but i love the scene where they show Arwen standing at the end of Aragorns tomb when Elronds tells his daughter what will happen if she stays... it's so beautiful!!!

~Pippin~
Evenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2003 10:36
Ok, I started this thread and I have yet to answer my own question... Personally, I have a HARD time picking my fave... although I think it would have to be (so far, at least) the scene on the bridge in FOTR.

And I am SERIOUSLY looking forward to The Houses of Healing in ROTK... it's one of my favorite parts. It might not get much time, but I'm still looking forward to it

And that scene where it's a flsh-forward in time to Aragorn's death makes me cry... Shoot, I had tears streaming out of my eyes during the whole "Evenstar" sequence...
Gwenhwyfar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2003 12:58
Hey Evenstar! You have a whole sequence named after you!

Seriously, I really love that sequence too, and it makes me cry, especially at the end when Elrond asks if he has her love too and she is crying!

Some people really hate all the additional Arwen scenes, but I love them, they add so much emotional depth -- and romance -- to the movies.
pixiemeat
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2003 09:03
I love Aragorn's flashback to Rivendell: he is lying on the couch and Arwen kisses him and he says it is a dream. She replies, "then it is a good one." I just find that little exchange to be so touching and realistic. It's so intimate, you can tell that they have been in love for a while and know each other well.

Agreed. I can watch that scene over and over again.
The whole story of Aragorn and Arwen is just really
beautiful :heart:
yea - I'm slightly sentimental
~*Arwen_Undómiel*~
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2003 01:22
:heart:Hmmmmm... I think, so far, that my favorite romantic parts are when Arwen gives Aragorn her Evenstar Pendant on the Bridge in Rivendell, telling him that she would rather live one life with him than live forever without him; The Dream sequence in The Two Towers when she tells him that if he trusts nothing else, trust their love; and when Aragorn attempts to give Arwen her Pendant back, but she refuses to take it. She still has hope and believes that they are destined to be together no matter what.:heart:
:love:But really, I like ALL parts involving the love of Arwen and Aragorn. :love:
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
on: September 06, 2003 08:37
Let's see....

Aragorn getting his pendant back from Legolas, and them looking at each other like they're TOTALLY in love.:love:

Haldir and Aragorn hugging before Helm's Deep, where you can tell they're TOTALLY in love.:love:

Legolas and Aragorn at the end of FOTR, where they're about to leave to save the hobbits, where you can tell they're TOTALLY falling in love! :love:

Haha, see a pattern?
~Witch_Queen_of_Angmar~
Queen of the Dark Nine
Send Message
on: September 06, 2003 09:02
I second you're choices of moments, Ring, especially the moment between Aragorn and Haldir.

I also love the look Éowyn gives Aragorn before departure, right when he bows and leaves her in the hall of Meduseld. Seriously, what Aragorn was thinking when he chose Arwen, I don't know .
Lady~of~the~Shield~Arm
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2003 09:16
I like all the scenes with Eowyn where you can tell she is truely in love with Aragorn.

I couldn't have said It Better I completely Agree. I Love those moments! :love:
Tinúmelë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2003 05:37
Well, in FOTR, it definitely has to be the scene with Aragorn and Arwen on the bridge in Rivendell. Arwen gives Aragorn her Evenstar pendant. Aragorn says "You cannot give me this" and she replies "It is mine to give to whom I will...like my heart."
In TTT, when it shows the scene of Aragorn's death in the future, with Arwen standing alone at Aragorn's stone grave with her veil blowing in the wind. The Evenstar music is playing in the background and after showing her walking under the trees in a black mourning outfit, it comes back to the present with Arwen crying.
Jynx
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2003 01:47
The part where Arwen gives Aragorn her necklace is great, and the part in TT where he tries to give it back in the dream and she says "it was a gift." I'm partial to him being with Arwen, but I still like the scenes where Eowyn cares about him, she's so sweet.
kingurl
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2003 11:22
I'm a hopeless romantic, so I'm a fan of them all, except the part right after Aragorn falls off the cliff.....nice quote, hate the scene. But I really love the dream sequence thing.....his butt looks very nice in that scene if I may say so. And I am also very much looking forward to the houses of healing scene.
Eothain
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2003 11:29
Mine would probably be the bit when they're on the bridge in FoTR.
atalante_star
Scholar of Imladris and Theodens Lady
Send Message
on: September 23, 2003 12:24
The one bit I really like is in TTT when Eowyn sees Aragorn at Helm's Deep after he comes back from falling off the cliff.....

and of course the bridge in FotR :heart:
ladylirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2003 03:24

I respectively have to disagree. I think Eowyn just has a crush on Aragorn just like I have a crush on Orli. You think they're cute and all but just like I probably wouldn't marry Orli, I don't think Eowyn is truly in love with Aragorn. I also think PJ did a bad job with Eowyn and Aragorn's interactions, especially with Aragorn flirting with her every time they are together.

Back on topic , I would have to say that since ROTK isn't out so I haven't seen the Houses of Healing scene yet (that so better be in the movie) I would have to say my favorite romantic moment would be when Aragorn tries to break up with Arwen but she makes him keep the pendant. Very sweet.
LuthienofRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2003 02:34
The moment when Arwen kisses him and he thinks he's dreaming (TTT)
Ooohh that's soooo romantic
It makes me get tears in my eyes
Gael
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2003 07:52
The moment when Arwen kisses him and he thinks he's dreaming (TTT)
Ooohh that's soooo romantic
It makes me get tears in my eyes

Oh yea! That's really cute. *sigh* :blush:
Aragorn and Arwen are so nice together.:heart:

Did you notice the scene, when Éowny attacks Aragorn with her sword? After his nice 'speech', there's a great look in her face. I call it the PLOP-Scene. You can almost see, how she falls in love with him.
Cloud
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2003 01:15
Actually my favorite romance scene is Aragorns dream after he fell off the cliff...except it was me instead of him....I was asleep. Hehe.
GollumsGal
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2003 01:31
I really dislike the whole cliff scene, it didn't fit with the rest of the movie...
Celebroch
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2003 07:17
When Aragorn tries to give Arwen the Evenstar back... and then when Leggy gives Aragorn the Evenstar in the Hornburg.
Eowyn did just have a crush on Aragorn... JRRT described it as the reverance between a soldier and his captain.

~--^
sisley
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2003 06:31
In FOTR fav romantic scenes are on the bridge of Rivendell..sooooo perfect moment and such a beautiful music at the same time.
In TTT the part when Aragorn sees a dream..the way they hold eachother in the dream and kissing.f a n t a s t i c...and the part when Elrond tells Arwen how Aragorn will die.it´s not a romantic part but just so touching..it´s always making me cry:cry:
~Undomiel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2003 09:27
I agree with you sisley, I think the scene where Elrond gives that breath-taking speech about how Aragorn will die is one of the best bits in the movie, because its at that point you realise what Arwen's choice really entails and how heart-breaking and tragicit must have been. And also when you see the vision of her standing by Aragorn's dead body, her veil straying in the wind and the sadness written on her face. It was so visually intrancing, and so poignant.

Oh, and I also liked the bit at the cliff when he wakes up and his horse is licking his face. Excellent comic value...:love:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email