Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
Post Highlander!
on: November 28, 2003 06:03
(This rp is based upon the Highlander movies and tv show. Therefor there is only to be, immortals, mortals and watchers, as defined in the movies and tv show. So there is to be absolutely NO vampires, demons, unicorns ect in this rp. This takes place BEFORE the endgame movie. Feel free to flashback to the past and flashforward to present time. (Present time is the year 1995 not 2003 please try to be true to the time.) Just try to be clear in your posts. Also as 'There can be only one' there may come a point in time when people will want to fight you, talk about it over the ooc thread that I will set up. Just because someone takes your head doesn't mean you're out of the rp; just make up a new character. Do not just take someone's head, please follow the COE forum rules. No graphic describtions of beheadings or battles.)

It is the year 1995, I should be long dead... well I did die many centuries ago. But I did not stay dead. I have lived many lifetimes, been many people and lost many people that I loved. I am Connor MacLeod, of the clan MacLeod and I am immortal. In the end there can only be one!

(I am Connor, if you wish, someone can play Duncan. But feel free to create a character.)

[Edited on 1/12/2003 by ithillinde]
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
Post RE: Highlander!
on: December 01, 2003 05:46
Connor MacLeod walked the busy streets of New York, his trench coat unseemly for a warm summer's afternoon. concealed within the coat was his katana, his one weapon. He laughed under his breath softly, as his thoughts turned to Duncan and he wondered where Duncan was. Connor's senses started tingling, a sure sign that another immortal was nearby. Slowly he looked around for them.

[Edited on 2/12/2003 by Saurid]
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: January 12, 2004 04:04
He sat down on the curb and waited for them.
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2004 02:51
"No, I can't come to day. I'm busy. I have to go now. Bye" *CLICK*

Vinese hung up her car phone and parked her 92 Camaro. She grabbed her hand bag and stepped out. Her black heels and black straight clinging dress revealed her occupation and beautiful figure. She was a business woman. She walked by a man sitting on the curb, mistaking him for the homeless, she offered him $20 and asked his name.
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: January 13, 2004 08:57
At first Conner did not look up at the woman. He chuckled slightly under his breath and shook his head slowly.

"Greetings Vinese." He said as he slowly raised his head to look at her. Being called by first name by a complete stranger caught her off guard.

(ooc- question... are you an immortal? or a mortal or someone who doesn't know they are immortal yet?)
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2004 10:39
((ooc-I'm someone who doesn't know they're immortal yet))

Vinese stuttered as she said, "B-But, how do you know my name? No, never mind it's not important."

She pushed her brown ringlet curls from her eyes as she finished speaking. Her emerald eyes shone at him like beacons, full of confusion. She thought the man interesting and stunningly handsome. She said after a moment's pause, "I have a moment, would you like to come with me for some coffee? Starbucks is right here and they have awesome coffee."

[Edited on 14/1/2004 by maeghin]
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: January 17, 2004 04:20
Conner raised his head slowly to look up at her, squinting hard in the bright sun he smiled and said, "Sure." He rose from the curb and stood in front of her. She was surprised at his grace and fluidity of motion.

Extending his hand he said, "Ladies first."

The air around her tingled, though she was totally unaware of it. An immortal but not yet born, he shook his head. If only Duncan were here. The only way for her to become what she was meant to be would be to die a violent death.

As they entered Starbucks (ooc- did they have starbucks back then? LOL) ic: Conner senses began singing again, another immortal was nearby... but who? And would they try to harm the unborn immortal by his side? Not while he had anything to do about it.

Vinese ordered her coffee and Conner's as he scanned the room. Not hiding a laugh when he saw Duncan sitting at a table in the back.

"Come there is someone I want you to meet." Conner said as he led her to Duncan's table.

"My Lady this is Duncan he is my cousin." Conner said as the two shook hands. "Duncan this is Vinese."

Duncan smiled sauvely as he shook her hand, "Just Vinese? What is your last name?" He asked as they all sat down.
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2004 11:34
Vinese said sternly, as any wealthy New York business woman would, "Vinese Dovel, for now. My divorce is final nest month and it'll be back to Vinese Wyland. Nice to meet you Duncan and Conner."
She ordered a white chocolate mocha and sat down with the two men. She reached for her beeper as it vibrated. She read the name and frowned. She said to the inquiring men, "Ignore that please, it's my husband. Gosh, Hunter Dovel is a persistant man if ever I did meet one. Oh, I'm sorry, how rude of me. Here I am babbling about me when I quite hoped to find out more about you. Conner and Deacon, what do you do for a living?"

ooc-I love Starbucks! And yeah, Starbucks has been around since about 1993, or thats's what my mohter said. lol

[Edited on 18/1/2004 by maeghin]
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 05:06
Ducan laughed and turned away for a moment, "Duncan... my name is Duncan."

Conner smiled and gave a breathy laugh. "Vinese, there is something that we must discuss with you..." Conner stopped suddenly and looked to the door, his senses tingling. He watched as a tall man with long, jet-black hair that was pulled into a ponytail down his back entered the coffee shop.

Conner shot a look at Duncan who was also looking at the newcomer. "Take Vinese and get her out of here." He said to Duncan. Conner rose from his chair and started to walk towards the dark man.

Duncan looked at her, "I know you don't understand what's going on, but you must trust me when I say you are in danger here. Come with me."

[Edited on 1/21/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 10:37
Vinese followed Duncan out of the coffe shop, confused and late for work.
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2004 07:13
As they stepped out onto the pavement, Hunter (Vinese's exhusband) walked by. He stopped and said rudely, "Not even officially divorced and you're sleeping around all ready?"

"Hunter, I am NOT sleeping around!" yelled Vinese.

Then, Duncan pulled her away. As they turned the corner, Vinese asked, "Where are we going?"
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2004 08:24
ooc: Okay, I'm coming in. Hope this is alright! Lyric is a watcher, but she isn't assigned to anyone. Her last charge was killed not too long ago. It had been a long time since I watched the HIghlander series, so if I mess stuff up, just tell me and I will fix it. Thanks! btw, I added Lyric to the database so you can read about her!

ic: Lyric had been sitting in the coffee shop keeping an eye on Duncan. She watched the Immortal enter and recoginzed him immediately. Connor MacLeod....but who was this girl with him? Not Immortal, Lyric didn't recognize her face. When the other Immortal entered and Duncan took the girl out, Lyric finally understood.

Ah, she is unborn. Very interesting.

Lyric decided to follow Duncan.

[Edited on 24/1/2004 by CelienArwen]
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: January 25, 2004 03:53
"In here." Ducan says to Vinese. Looking up she sees that he is taking her inside a church. "You'll be safe here."

-----
Conner makes eye contact with the tall dark haired man. They both walk out of the coffee shop and head toward a deserted alleyway.

"What is it you want here Sergi?" Conner asks as he turns to face him.

"First I will have your head... then I will have the woman's head and then for the fun of it I will take Duncan's head." Sergi replied as he drew a sword from underneath his coat.

"Well it seems you have a full day in front of you." Conner said tilting his head and laughing slightly. "And if I take your head that would mess up your plans for the day wouldn't it?"

Slowly the two immortals circled, Conner slowly drawing out his dragon-headed katana. With both hands on the hilt Conner takes a classic first postion with the blade across the front of his face.

Wildly the other immortal charges at Conner, who easily sidesteps the charge. Turning to face Sergi, Conner can tell that Sergi cannot match him in skill. After exchanging a few sword blows with Conner, Sergi realizises that he cannot defeat the older immortal. As soon as an opening appears Sergi turns and runs from Conner.

Conner stands there shaking his head and chuckling. Sheathing his katana he goes to find Duncan and Vinese. Out of the corner of his eye he spies a watcher, Lyric. He gives a slight nod to her.
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2004 06:43
Lyric leaves the coffee shop, following Duncan at a distance. Her quick ears caught the sound of swords and knew it must be Connor and...

Sergi? Is that his name? Lyric shook her head. Does it matter anymore if Connor takes him?

She makes a note of the church Duncan and the girl enter. Connor, on his way to the church nods to her. Lyric smiles.

He let him go. Still soft, aren't you Connor? Still have such value for life. He forgets the rule is kill or be killed.

Lyric places herself across the street from the church so she can see if and when they emerge. She didn't want to interfere by entering the church.

That girl has been through enough today. Lyric shook her head.And there is only more to come.

Lyirc stuck with these immortals. If that girl was going to be born any time soon, she wanted her.
Saervaineth
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2004 09:45
(ooc: hope you don’t mind me cutting in here, my character is Marlena, an immortal of 305 years old, have submitted her to the character database)

Marlena felt the presence of another immortal, but she felt at ease. She did not fear death, nor did she fear living. As she walked the streets of the crowded city, she couldn’t help but wonder if the immortal she felt was friend or foe. Then she saw a man and a woman, the man looked strangely familiar, though she had never seen him before, he looked friendly, so she decided to approach him.
The man and woman started walking away and entered a church, then the man felt her presence and turn while unsheating his sword. She went into the church, following their footsteps. He faced her holding his word in front of him. "I am a friend" she said, not bothering to unsheath her own sword, "I am not your foe. You look strangely familiar yet I have never seen you before" she said to Duncan. "Might I ask your names, I am called Marlena".
As she said this Duncan put his sword down, realising Marlena had no evil intentions.

[Edited on 25/1/2004 by Saervaineth]

[Edited on 26/1/2004 by Saervaineth]
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: January 25, 2004 10:09
(ooc- Just a reminder or in case you don't know, "Holy Ground" ie- churches, graveyards are "safe" meaning immortals can not fight there. It the one rule. Please continue it is great having you all in here! )
Saervaineth
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2004 11:23
(ooc: yes, I know that, but they do not fight, and, correct me if I'm wrong, did not connor raise his sword in a church in highlander 1, I don't remember anything being said in highlander about raising a sword, only that there is too be no bloodshed on holy ground, hope you don't mind this, but this is how I remember it.)

[Edited on 26/1/2004 by Abraon]
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 05:41
Vinese followed Duncan into the church. When he raised his sword, she decided now was her time to escape. She started to run from the church, but ran smack into Conner.

She said frantically, "Swords! They're going to kill eachother, or me! What is wrong with you people? There's something different about you! Tell me please, I must understand!"

ooc-ok it sounds like a bit of an argument between u two, i think Ithillinde was just reminding you Saervaineth, maybe he thought you didn't know ok now everyone be happy
Saervaineth
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 07:24
(ooc: believe me, Gynneva, it was no argument from my side and I hope it wasn't either from ithillinde's side, I was merely saying how I remebered it. If I made it sound like an argument or that I was angry, I apologise. No hard feelings?! )

[Edited on 26/1/2004 by Saervaineth]

[Edited on 26/1/2004 by Abraon]
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 08:16
Lyric's mind drifted while her eyes remained trained on the church. She thought about all she had been told and seen of these MacLeods.

They are not ordinary Immortals. So much compassion and respect for the lives of others, Immortals and humans alike. Look at them taking the unborn under thier wings.

Suddenly Lyric was reminded of Ritchie. She sighed and shook her head.

That was so sad, so tragic. I hope this one lasts longer.

She was broken out of her reverie by the sight of another Immortal entering the church.

Female, short, thin, dark hair....ah Marlena. Haven't seen her in a while. Wonder what has brought her here. This is strange indeed, this many Immortals together in one place. It means something. Something is going to happen. I can feel it.

ooc: Is everyone familiar with what happened to Ritchie? Is it okay that I have placed this incident after his death? I can change it if you think I should.

[Edited on 26/1/2004 by CelienArwen]
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 09:02
ooc-ok i sry if i misinterpreted, but i guess i just saw it differently lol

[Edited on 27/1/2004 by Abraon]
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2004 06:35
ooc: Okay, this is Ulbrecht. He is an evil immortal who has not met either of the MacLeods but has heard of them. He's going to (hopefully) stir up some trouble. You can read about him in the database. *evil grin*

ic: Ulbrecht silently drove down the streets of New York in his silver BMW. It had been a few years since he had last visted the New World, as he still called it, but he still knew the streets. As he drove, he noticed a woman hiding in the shadows intently watching a church across the street. Then he felt the Immortals.

Pesky Watchers! I should kill her right now. But the immortals may prove more fun. Dammit they are in the church! Why should I have to obey these rules?

Ulbrecht resisted the temptation to enter the church,however, mostly because he had no desire to face two at once without knowing who they were. He drove past slowly knowing the Watcher wouldn't recognize the rented car.

I'll be back for you, he thought. I'll catch you without your friends and your sanctuary. Then you shall find what it is to fight Ulbrecht!

[Edited on 28/1/2004 by CelienArwen]
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2004 10:15
Ulbrecht drove past and continued down the street, then suddenly wrenched his car in a circle and sped back to the church. He wanted to know who these Immortals were. There was no real danger if they were in the church, but Ulbrecht didn't really care if there was. He parked in front of the church and walked in with an amused smile on his face. What he saw suprized him: four immortals, one of them seemingly trying to escape. From his mouth came a loud booming laugh.

"Am I late for the party?"

[Edited on 29/1/2004 by CelienArwen]
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2004 05:08
"Conner! Deacon! Please, we are invading this church of god! Tell me whom you really are and what is different about you! Are you ghosts or immortal?" At this, she laughed, then continued, "I have to meet my daughter for lunch in half an hour and I need answers. Believe me, a five year old will not forgive you if you're late for lunch!" Vinese's voice boomed over the church, hopefully answers would soon come her way.

ooc-are y'all gonna tell her? jw
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: January 30, 2004 12:04
ooc- no argument meant from me. I just wanted to let everyone know because the show hasn't been around for quite awhile and I wasn't sure if people remembered. no worries!

ic- Duncan looked at Conner then they both turned to Vinese. Conner opened his mouth to say something when a loud voice boomed in the quiet church.

"Am I late for the party?"

Duncan stepped forward and replied, "This is Holy Ground, sanctuary. What is it you want?"

Standing in front of Vinese Conner said, "Fighting is not allowed here you know the rules."

The stranger laughed and disappeared out the door.

Duncan turned back to Vinese, "You need to know the truth." He took a deep breath. "You were right when you asked if we were immortal... we are and so are you. Well not yet..."
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2004 12:21
ooc-hey i watched the reruns of the show today lol they wer coolies but i need to rewatch the movies, i havent seen them in forever lol

Vinese's emerald eyes flew wide in astonishment. Her voice was shaky and not half as strong and confident as usual, "What?!? Immortal? As in I can't die? No. No. No. That's fairy tale stuff, I stopped believing in elves a long time ago. And if I am immortal, so to say, what about my daughter? Is she part of this too? Wait, what do you mean by immortal? I'm sorry, I'm just really confused right now."

Her white hand shook as she ran her fingers through her ringlet brown hair. Her face was paler than usual as she spoke.

[Edited on 30/1/2004 by Gynneva]

[Edited on 31/1/2004 by Abraon]
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 06:57
Lyric stiffened when Ulbrecht entered the church. Her blood ran cold while she strained to hear what was happening inside. Suddenly, as quickly has he had entered, he was out. Lyric made a split second decision to follow him. He needed to be watched, she knew. Memorizing the make of the car and its license plate, Lyric walked quickly to her own car and began to follow.

Where is his Watcher? Have to alert the higher-ups.

Lyric dialed her boss's number on her car phone.

"He's here, Jim. Ulbrecht is here."

Ulbrecht sneered at the one who had spoken to him. When the other said his piece about Holy ground, Ulbrecht knew they weren't going to be any fun. He laughed in their faces and left the church. Heading for his car, he again noticed the Watcher.

If she is going to follow me, I'll give her the chase of her life!

He laughed as he sped out of the church lot.

[Edited on 1/2/2004 by CelienArwen]
Saervaineth
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 01:04
Marlena watched all this quietly. She did not know the immortal Ulbrecht, yet she had heard of him and his cruelty. "I think this will become a difficult task on all of us." she thought. Then she spoke with a smile on her face "Well, this might yet become interesting, I didn't realise this was a party". As she looked upon their faces her smile turned into a serious frown. "I think as of now we had better be very careful, Ulbrecht will surely come back for her." Then she approached Connor and held out her hand saying "Hello, my old friend, through all of this it is wonderful to see you again, although I'd rather have it under different circumstances."
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 05:12
(ooc- I know once someone becomes immortal they can't have children, but can they have children before?)

Conner gave her one of his crooked smiles and said, "Yes Marlena old friend."

Duncan looked at them all and said, "Perhaps we should leave here."

Conner nodded still looking at Marlena. Turning suddenly to Vanese he said, "A child? You have a child? We must go find her, for now she is in serious danger."
Saervaineth
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 08:57
ooc: I haven't heard of an immortal having children before they become immortal, but I haven't heard of one not having children before either, so I think it'll be an interesting idea, an immortal with a child.
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 10:08
(ooc- I know in the endgame movie the chick that fought Duncan, who was his wife was angry because he made her an immortal before telling her that she was one. And one of the reasons she was angry was that she could no longer have children after becoming immortal. So I took that as meaning immortal women could not have any children.)
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 03:41
ooc-oh, well I thought they coukd BEFORE they were immortal lol i guess we can go with it right? lol

Vinese smiled and said, "We can take my car. Her school's less than ten minutes away."

They all agreed and she drove them to her daughter's school. She picked her up and brought her to her car, she said, "Deacon, Conner, this is Evelynn."

Evelynn said, "Mom, it's Evi!"

Vinese nodded meekly. Her daughter sat beside her in the front. "Where now?" Vinese asked.

ooc-hope un dont mind coming along! lol
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 05:46
Lyric tried desperately to follow Ulbrecht, but he still got away from her. She had informed her superiors though and knew they would make sure someone had their eye on him. She cursed herself for having left the others behind and wondered if she could ever find them again. Then she though of Joe, Duncan's watcher, and decided to call him. She would tell him of this new one and ask where she could find Duncan again. Quickly she dialed his number.

"Joe, it's Lyric. I have news and a question."

ooc: Hope it is okay that I used Joe...again anyone have a problem with that just tell me and I'll change it. heh I always kinda liked him.

[Edited on 2/3/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 05:43
Vinese drove everyone back to the church, as instructed. They sat down to talk. Vinese said, "So, what now?"

ooc- come back plz plz plz plz ITHILLENDE!!!!!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU???? boo hoo *tear tear* i like this rp
Saervaineth
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 09:37
(ooc: I agree with Gynneva, Ithil, please please please return to us, your faithful Highlander companions.)
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email