Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
woodstar
Therapist for Gollum
Send Message
Post RE: Pirate RP: PM To Join
on: December 22, 2003 05:51
Bill looked as a lad of muscular build walked up to him, his face set with determination.

"I'd be on the list, sir. We want to know if you find us seaworthy, and I mean 'we' by me, and the lad over there." He pointed to John, who at the moment was dumping his ale over a very drunk man's head. "I can do manual labor, and I'm good with the sails and the stearing of the ship. John over there would make a fair cabin boy, and he could man the sails as well as any seamen. What say you Bill?"

Bill stepped back a moment and looked the lad talking to him over. He had dark skin, probably Jamaican, and would do well with manual labor. He looked like one who could take orders and do as told. He might come in handy, especially with this fool plan Smith had in mind. He wants a decoy and he will get a decoy, but first good sailors need to be found. His eyes than wondered over to where John sat, who was dumping ale all over the place. He looked agile and nimble. They were in need of a cabin boy, and obviously Smith thought he could do the job.

"Ai!" Bill shouted, spitting in his hand and extending it. "Welcome to the Barnacle Roost!" he said as Edward accepted the handshake. "Go see Owen lad, the both of ya. He will help ya get yer grounds on what to do and what will be expected out of ya. He is a mighty good teach!" he added before shooting a sly look over at Owen's way. He knew very well that Owen hated being the one to teach all the new sailors, but he was very good at it and took no crap from anyone, besides Bill had more important things to do than worry about teaching a couple of lads. He needed to find the right gunship for decoy.

'Captain already approved me, I believe,' Kalispel said, before drinking deeply from the bottle of wine. 'So where's this 'crew'?' he asked, wondering if there was nothing more than the sorry looking men who had entered the tavern the first time.

Bill looked at the pirate standing in front of him, his breath heavy with wine. He looked to be in his late twenties, his chin covered in a beard and his hair brown and greasy. His eyes were brown also, yet showed a sparkle of life in them and also mischievousness in them. Bill narrowed his eyes some, not liking his manner of sarcasm, yet already finding that he liked the guy some. He looked like a good scallywag, someone with seafaring years under their belt.

"Yer gonna meet the crew later," Bill growled. "Right now, I gots more important things I need ya to do fer me." Kalispel looked at Bill in surprise, yet said nothing. Bill turned to Owen and handed him the list. "I've got business to attend to, when the Cap'n wakes, tell him I went out to scope the merchandise. He will know what I mean," he added when Owen gave him a confused look. Yet he nodded and took the list. Signaling to Kalispel to follow, Bill left the tavern with a bottle of rum in hand, still untouched. The tavern doors closed behind them, Owen could be heard yelling above the crowd, seeking more members.

Turning to Kalispel who was giving him curious looks, Bill grinned, "I be Cut-Throat Bill, ya might have heard of me before." he said when he saw Kalispel's eyes widen slightly. "Yes, I be that same man, yet this is no night for chit-chat. We are going to commandeer one of those ships," he said pointing to the gunships in port, "and I am going to need yer help with that. Right now, we are just planning, fer we need to wait fer Smith to be ready, fer it will be a hard chase out of port, unless we do something," Bill finished his face growing into a wicked catlike grin as he waited for Kalispel's response, taking a nice long swig of his rum.
Thonnas
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2003 07:07
Bill ushered two young lads on to talk to Owen. He gave a scowl, but kept his cool in front of the lads.

He took a look at the first boy, muscular and powerful. The other almost looked like the opposite.

"What be yer name?" Owen asked the muscular one.

"Edward Cook," he replied enthusiastically. "This here is... John."

Owen looked at John. "Got a last name boy?"

He didn't let the boy reply. "I'm Owen Windbock, and that'll be Sergeant Windbock to you lads 'till you served fer a while. I'm boatswain and carpenter for the Barnacle Roost.

"You, Ed. Do you know how to operate a sloop? Know what a mainsail is, and how to rig it? Handle a sail at all? Can you repair me ship? Know much about anchors?"

Owen took a drink of his beer and waited for a reply. The kid looked nervous, but he looked ready to work. He better work, Owen thought. Or I'll make 'em walk the plank.
ladyknight1224
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2003 08:02
"Yes Sergeant Windblock. I do know where and what the mainsail is, I know how to rig it, and most of the other sails. I can repair nets, sails, and ropes. I know what a sloop is, and I could probably opperate it too. Don't know much about anchors, but I could learn."

Edward stood, hands behind his back, and looked into Owen's eyes. Owen looked somewhat satisfyed, as he took another sip of his ale. "Good, your're not a total moron." Owen said sarcasticly. "What about the other one?" He jestured to John, and waited for a response.
Keriann
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2003 10:21
"Good, your're not a total moron." Owen said sarcasticly. "What about the other one?" He jestured to John, and waited for a response.

"I can do just about anything that you need done," John replied to Owen's question. "Except cooking," he added as and after thought. Just thinking of something John added, "by the way, my last name is Wicklow incase you wanted to know." He decided to let Seargent Windblock look him over and think for a few seconds. After the Seargent said nothing, John said," I'm ready to go as soon as can be, as I have no family left."

While the Seargent was looking him over, John realized that instead of having excessive amounts of muscle like Edward, he was quicker and more agile, with better endurance.
goldenberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2003 11:58
foxlea looked at the two boys scycasticly. to him it looked like neither had been on a boat in their life. but he knew better then to speak up. defently when nearly everyone in the pub had a pistol on them even thow most of them wernt loaded and where for show. he waited pashently for he was used to being ignored and poured some rum into a whisky glass wetting his fingure he ran it around the edge of the glass makeing that really anoying ringing noise which was hardly noticeble in the buisy pub.
"mister owen, i do beleave i ave not met your equatence" foxlea said finally getting annoyed with the ringing noise and for not being noticed.
"i do beleave i ave spoken to ye ca'tin. an' i was just wandering how much do we get out of this voyage?" he put his hand on his pistole incase he had ment any affence.

((soz it a bit sort but i cant really think of much to wright))
yankeegirl
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 23, 2003 06:40
Morgan only laughed. "Him? Well, I supose you'd know better than me, but if he's the worst, than I think I can manage." she said grinning. She held out her hand. "Brian, is it? Glad to sail with you! Er...so, where's this ship o'yers anyway? A little rough around the edges, don'cha think? Anywho, do ya think Mr. Smith would mind if I snuck a peak? Just to check for supplies and such, gotta see if I've got what I need to do my job."

"'Tis my name." Brian said and gently took Morgan's hand. "I would be careful around the Cap'n for a while. He doesn't trust women on his ship. As you know they're considered bad luck. I hope for your sake nothin' bad happens for quite a long time."

Brian took another swallow of rum. "Ever hear of Barnacle Roost?" He asked. "That's our ship. She's got a few things wrong with it from our battles. She's head together through it all so she's a tough ship. I'm the Quarter Master of Barnacle Roost. I must warn you, our Doctor is a bit on the harsh side. Be careful if you get wounded."

"I don't think Cap'n Smith would be too happy if he caught you walking around the ship alone. It would probably be best if someone went with you. So that the Cap'n doesn't get suspicious. I can show you the supplies we've got." Brian stopped and then ventured another question. "HOw did you end up in prison like that?" he finally asked.

((Just a reminder that I'll be gone from the 24th to the 26th. I'll be seeing my relatives. So if Brian (Brianna) is need during that time, just move him (her) along and I'll catch up on the stories when I come back. Hope everyone's Christmas goes well!))
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2003 11:14
Kalispel scratched his head and looked at Bill.
'Well, what do you think? As if I'd actually say 'No,' he paused, a devlish grin crossing his face. 'Sounds like fun. Whatch'a want me to do?' He threw the bottle of wine aside, still half full, wondering what it exactly it was his 'help' would be needed for.

(((URGH!!!!!! Curse me and my short posts!!!! Ahhhhh!!! It'll get better soon, I promise......)))
Worn_Traveler
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2003 07:42
Benjamin Smith looked up just in time to see the large English boot fly into his face.

"Get up!" A soldier shouted, waving his bayonet dangerously close to Smith's head.

"What the . . ." Smith looked around, saw the empty bottle of rum, and suddenly remembered what had happened. "Have any of you gents seen a big burly fella and a lass runnin around here with me best pistol- if you see 'em again, tell 'em I went lookin for 'em!" Smith turned and walked briskly to the exit.
"Hey! Hold it right there, sir. I'm afraid that by the order of the crown you are to be hung for public intoxication, murder of a prisoner held by the crown, aiding a criminal held in custody by the crown, and-"

"Shut it!" Smith yelled, reaching for his pistol in his belt. He cocked the hammer and squezed the trigger, but nothing happened. It was the pistol he'd shot the bar owner with, and Morgan had his other.

"'Old on one second there!" Smith shouted, putting away the gun. "I can work this out- with a bit of cash, eh?" Smith jingled several shillings in front of the guard. Just as the guard took a step to snatch the money, however, he found a dagger burried in his stomach. Smith had somehow managed to hit him right in the center despite his drunken state.

"That'll teach ya to put yer jailhouse on our island! get it, ours! Ours ours ours! Tortuga is a pirate's land, and no place for you!" Smith chuckled to himself and pulled out the dagger. The man grasped his stomach and fell to his knees, and fumbled for his gun. But it was too late, Smith had stumbled out the door.

"Hey! You! Got any rum?" Smith shouted to random passerbys. "Wonder where Owen is- hjold on one second! Where's the crew!? They left me in the jail! I'll teach them scurvy sea dogs to do that again! Filthy, stinkin bilge rats! Left me for dead they did! I won't be missin the next shot!"

Smith clumsily loaded his pistol and stormed into the bar. He took a shot at Owen, the closest person handy to shoot, but ended up hitting a beer bottle- Smith regretted the loss of such fine liquor, but came to his senses and did not attempt to shoot the boatswain again.

"Good job, Owen! Good job! Now, where be the pick of the litter, matey? Eh? Where be the-" Smith fell over again, but didn't get up. He apparently had not had enough sleep to completely wear off the rum.

Owen looked at him and shrugged. "Best leave him there- he can be mighty angry when you wakes him up, you know."

((OOC- Sorry this is kind of pointless but I thought it was important to keep my character in the story and all, me being the leader and what not, and to remind ya the captain isn't dead!))
woodstar
Therapist for Gollum
Send Message
on: December 25, 2003 06:23
Kalispel scratched his head and looked at Bill.

'Well, what do you think? As if I'd actually say 'No,' he paused, a devlish grin crossing his face. 'Sounds like fun. Whatch'a want me to do?' He threw the bottle of wine aside, still half full, wondering what it exactly it was his 'help' would be needed for.

Bill watched as Kalispel eagerly agreed, thinking that maybe he wouldn't be a dope that was being added to the crew. Looking out at the ships docked in port, all was calm and quiet, the crews in various pubs getting a drink, leaving only a few to guard the ships.

"We're goin' to disable the rutter chains from all the ships. It will take ‘em a while to fix the problem, leavin' us a get-a-way. We are doin' all the ships, ‘cept that one" he said pointing to a particularly quick little ship, known for its speed and accuracy. "Wes goin' to use that one fer our own device."

Kalispel looked at him as if he were half crazy. "There's an awful lot of ships out there," he said looking at the ships docked. Bill just grinned, his eyes having a wild glint in them. "That's right, best be gettin' to work, or are ya goin' to go yellow belly on me," he growled, turning around and heading to the nearest ship not waiting for a response.
yankeegirl
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 26, 2003 05:32
"Good job, Owen! Good job! Now, where be the pick of the litter, matey? Eh? Where be the-" Smith fell over again, but didn't get up. He apparently had not had enough sleep to completely wear off the rum.

Owen looked at him and shrugged. "Best leave him there- he can be mighty angry when you wakes him up, you know."

Brian had heard a comotion and stepped outside and jogged towards a body. "Passed out again?" Brian asked. He shook his head. "Soldier's must've got 'im when we were in the tavern. We just left him there to sleep it off." Brian gave a slight sigh as he held onto his belt. "I suppose it was only a matter of time before this happened.

((Sorry for the paragraph. I'll do all that I can to type up more tomorrow. I'm really tired tonight.))

[Edited on 27/12/2003 by eldir]
galadriel2003
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2003 12:56
(OOC: Since Vanimacar is leaving the thread, she is letting me take over Morgan's character. I'm really sorry for everyone who has to edit and retype all their posts!)

As soon as Brian asked her how she got in prison, Morgan grinned. "I was caught in the soldiers' quarters," she said. Brian gave her a questioning look. "I was in their storerooms, stealing ale to sell. It's really amazing how much money good rum can be sold for, considering that everyone in this town is a pirate and accustomed to taking whatever they like." She gulped down another mouthful of her drink. "So where do you come from? What brings you to the pirating business?"

[Edited on 1/27/2004 by galadriel2003]
yankeegirl
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 31, 2003 01:04
"So where do you come from? What brings you to the pirating business?"

Brian listened to Morgan's story when he got back. "I believe it." He admitted. "My first captain was very fond of ale and would do almost anything to get it."

"I'm from here and there for the most part." Brian continued. "I've mostly traveled for the most part. My father was a fisherman and I decided punching fish wasn't for me. I started to shine shoes for rich folks until I got taken aboard a ship as a cabin boy. After that I've gone from ship to ship as a pirate. Going around like that wasn't quite as exciting as it sounds. I've never heard of a young woman serving aboard a pirate ship before."

Brian had to smile a little knowing "he" was infact a she. Brianna wondered if she could ever tell Morgan her secret. Maybe one day, but she didn't exactly trust people she just met.

[Edited on 1/1/2004 by yankeegirl]

[Edited on 1/1/2004 by eldir]
Worn_Traveler
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2004 07:11
Smith awoke as someone shot a pistol over his head- he looked up, his eyes starting to see through the blur. Owen stood with a smoking pistol. "Might want to go see what's up with the mate," he said dryly. "You're little plan is about to work out- better make sure those idiots don't mess it up! We all'll hang if that 'appens and the blasted reddy's get wind of it!" By reddys he meant the Brtiish who had recently decided that Tortuga needed to be watched. Smtih was prepared to shoot him, but Owen was one fo the few sensible men on the crew, so he didn't.

Smith stumbled up off the ground and ran out the door. Near the harbor, he dimly could make out the looming figure of Bill and another man. He bumbled his way over to where the two were.

"So," he said, rubbing the blur from his eyes again. "What part of the plan are you one? You've got all the ships sabatoged, eh?" The look the twop gave him was a definite no. "You 'aven't even started yet? get to work!" Smith took off at a trot for a few paces, tripped and feel. Akwardly rising, he pointed a shaking finger at Bill. "Maybe you'd better take charge, eh mate?"

((OOC- sorry this is going so slow! It took off like a rocket and then froze- oh well. Glad it's started! Rev the engines! Full speed ahead!))

[Edited on 6/1/2004 by maeghin]
Keriann
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2004 05:33
John walked away from Owen, with Edward at his side. The two boys headed toward the ship laughing and joking. When they walked aboard someone shoved barrels into their arms, and told them to store them below. Before John could say that he didn't know where to put them the man was gone. Lugging his load, John headed toward the nearest set of stairs that led down. He could feel the chill in the cool night air.
Worn_Traveler
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2004 03:04
((OOC- Let's get this thing started again. eh?!))

Bill nodded and began to make plans to comandeer the ship he had selected. Smith was a bit too drunk to completely understand everything, but it went something like this: they would board every ship, disable the rudder, and meanwhile load all of their supplies onto the Barnacle Roost. Then, they would comandeer the ship of their choice and take off as fast as possible, hoping no other ships were left able to sail. Once they made it to the high seas, Cutthroat would guide the two ships to a safe harbor he knew of, and they would transfer all the supplies from the Barnacle Roost to the new ship. Then, they would have to ships . . . Smith mind worked furiously thinking of the possibilities of having two ships.

When the plan had been set out, the small group got to work. The three split up to take on different ships, but Smith was not sure he was sober enough to handle it. He gritted his teeth and marched off to the bar. He knew just the man for tidy work like this.

"Owen! I've got a job for ya!" Before Owen could complian, Smith had explained the plan and sent the angry boatswain marchng off to deal with what he was best at dealing with- boats. The drunk Captain retired to the bar (but drank nothing), and took up the task of recruiting.

[Edited on 14/2/2004 by CarolP]
yankeegirl
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 14, 2004 07:20
Brian looked from Morgan back to the door and then back to Morgan. "Best we get going. The Cap'n makes for a mean drunk, but an even meaner drunk when he doesn't see us workin'." Brian said. "Provided you're workin', you shouldn't be in any trouble. We never had an openly female pirate before."

It was true enough. Brianna wondered when and if she could ever tell her secret to Morgan. Of course it took a lot of guts to stand up to Bill like she did.
galadriel2003
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2004 04:57
Morgan looked at Brian sharply at her words. An openly female pirate? Had there ever been one disguised as a man?

She decided to shrug the comment off - after all, he had probably meant nothing of the sort - and followed Brian out the door into the refreshingly cool night air.

((ooc: yay! we're going again! ))

[Edited on 15/2/2004 by CarolP]
yankeegirl
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 15, 2004 07:36
"I should rephrase that." Brian said after she thought her words through. "You're the only pirate Smith knows of who is openly female. There's probably been more than one woman who have disguised themselves as a man." Brian stopped before sighing. "Come with me." He said as he took hold of her wrist. "I won't hurt you, but there is something you must see."

Brian pulled Morgan into a sheltered area where no one could see them. Brian undid his shirt down enough to reveal his bandaged chest. "I'm a girl just like you. My name is Brianna. I ask that you keep my secret otherwise the Cap'n will have me killed."

[Edited on 16/2/2004 by CarolP]
galadriel2003
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 11:51
Morgan stared at Brian - no, Brianna. Her mind whirled in suprise. Brianna had to be telling the truth, Morgan thought. Her chest was bound and everything.

After she had overcome the initial shock, Morgan's dark brown eyes sparkled. "Do you think I will tell? No, I don't want you to answer that. I won't. But this is a great suprise. And I thought I would be the only female aboard!" she laughed. "But you have only just met me. Why tell someone you don't know if you can trust?"
yankeegirl
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 03:42
Brianna shrugged. "Don't know why I told you, really." She admitted. "Perhaps it was the comment I made about you being the only openly female pirate aboard. Perhaps it was a secret I wanted to get out. I've been around death for a long time now and I am used to it. I'm used to having my life threatened usually once a day... I suppose it doesn't affect me as much as it used to."

[Edited on 17/2/2004 by CarolP]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email