Register

Author Topic:
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Why does Frodo faint so much?
on: June 01, 2005 07:45
Wow, Morna. I never thought of it that way! Very well put. :cheers:

Yeah, Frodo and Sam went through alot. Heck, I'd probably faint too if I had to go through all that. Not the mention the "weight" of everything else he had to worry about on his shoulders: his companions' fate, the result of what would happen if he didn't complete his quest, and many other things....not to mention the ring itself.
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2005 09:21
He was very weak because of the Ring's heaviness...that, and probably isn't used to adventures like this.
~hobbitluver~
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2005 06:46
I think the greatest heros are those that don't want to be. People who go out trying to win glory are narcissists and best and bloody dictators at worst.

Heros are people who are just going along living thier lives and then find something worth dying for. They don't want to be famous or anything, they do what they do because it needs to be done. That's what makes a hero a hero.

Yes, Morna, that is EXACTLY what I was thinking! I mean, if someone wants to rush into danger, save the world, and win fame and glory, then why do we appreciate them so much for doing it? It's when someone does something that is right, in spite of the fear, pain, etc. that it will cause that he or she becomes a true hero.
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2005 03:03
That's a great point. He was brave to go through with it.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email