Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lufavain
Council Member
Send Message
Post Karl Urban...
on: January 12, 2004 07:00
This has been bothering me for a while, and if someone can answer this for me I will be very grateful.

Is Karl Urban (Eomer) related to Keith Urban (Country singer)?
nessasaralonde
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Karl Urban...
on: January 13, 2004 01:34
Could be - there is more than a passing resemblance from piccies I've seen,and they do both come from Aussieland.
Valaöré
Servant of the Valar
Send Message
on: January 13, 2004 05:54
Not only that, but both of their names start with a "K." Sometimes, at least here in the States, that's a good indication that they're related, as some parents name their kids according to some pattern. But I have no actual proof. You might try to find Keith's website and see if there's any mention of a brother named Karl in his bio.
nessasaralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2004 05:58
I checked a few sites for both Karl and Keith but no mention of siblings--but they could be cousins.
paislygoddess
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2004 09:32
I thought I had seen Karl Urban in some thing but I thought it was "Ghost Ship" but I was so wrong. He had a part in several Zena things and the other series, but I can not recall the name. It was his eyes I rememberd...... so intense. Blond it NOT his color!
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: January 13, 2004 02:00
paislygoddess ~ You were SO right!!! Check out this latest photo in CoE's Karl Urban Gallery.

And I too wonder about Karl and Keith being related but I have not been able to find anything that confirms or denies it. I LOVE them both!!! :heart:
Durins_Bane
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2004 08:07
Keith is an only child. Just thought I'd clear that up for you.
Valaöré
Servant of the Valar
Send Message
on: January 14, 2004 03:48
I thought I had seen Karl Urban in some thing but I thought it was "Ghost Ship" but I was so wrong. He had a part in several Zena things and the other series, but I can not recall the name. It was his eyes I rememberd...... so intense. Blond it NOT his color!

Karl played Ares on Zena and Hercules.
CaptainArwenEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2004 06:54
he also plays cupid:heart:
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 05:56
and looks hilarious as cupid. The pic i saw (in the galleries here), he was looking *so* annoyed! and an annoyed cupid is a funny thing. especially an annoyed cupid wearing a leather weapons harness and looking very hot:drool:! lol
Roheryn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 05:46
A few months ago I saw Karl in a film called The Price of Milk. Interesting but off-beat. He was gorgeous. I think he is also in Chronicles of Riddick (with Vin Diesel) - not sure if that's the exact name of the film.
AinarielPalantir
Maiden of Nienna and Éomer`s Loyal Puppy
Send Message
on: October 12, 2004 03:08
Well, there was a Karl thread after all

Now I can really come out of the closet and reveal in public to everyone that Karl Urban is hot . Absolutely hot, gourgeous, handsome, sweet. Just go and see Bourne Supremacy... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: Too bad he still doesn't smile and is the baddie but still :love: :love:

And Chronicles was a watchable movie only because of Karl
:love: :heart: :drool: :love: :heart: :drool:

*runs back to the closet*
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: October 13, 2004 12:24
What Ainariel says
briseis_orqu_apollo
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2004 12:40
Keith's Aussie and Karl's Kiwi...either VERY close or VERY far apart...
Earendilgrey
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2004 07:27
Karl played Ares on Zena and Hercules

Karl played Cupid and Caesar (plus about 3-4 other minor characters early on in Xena) on Xena and Herc

Kevin Smith played Ares(as well as Iphicles) on Xena and Herc.

R.I.P. Kevin:cry:
Lillith_Phoenix
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2004 04:43
Earendil. You beat me to that and I agree.
R.I.P Kevin :cry:

Anyways. Like I was gonna go past this thread without posting. :love:
If anyone hasn't seen it I recommend The Truth About Demons. Good spooky cult horror type movie. I admit I only got it for the site of Karl running around topless...yes yes shameless I know. But I was completely taken in by the story. Karl was great in it.
But he's great in everything.

*mops up drool*
Sorry for the mess..I should have borrowed a bib from my baby.
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
on: October 28, 2004 09:24
Now I can really come out of the closet and reveal in public to everyone that Karl Urban is hot. Absolutely hot, gourgeous, handsome, sweet. Just go and see Bourne Supremacy. Too bad he still doesn't smile and is the baddie but still

I'll tell anyone that listens to me about Karl :love:, Ainariel...

I've seen just about everything that he is in. I bought the "Price of Milk" and "Demons" as well as "Ghostship" because of him. I'm eagerly awaiting "Chronicles of Riddick" which is on dvd Nov 16th and then "The Bourne Supremacy" on Dec 7th. I need to update my CoE website to include those...
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2007 01:53
I couldn't find this anywhere but I'm sorry if someone already put this up.
Anyway, I've always been a fan of the lovely Karl Urban:love:
I call Eomer my man, so yeah, I guess you could say I'm pretty crazy about him!:love:
Is there anyone else out there who is a big Eomer or Karl Urban fan?
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elessar60
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2007 04:48
Just so you rabid Karl fans will know, his new movie-The Pathfinder-will be out in theaters in april...the 20th I think? It was in the new entertainment weekly mag as a "don't miss" movie...I'll say!!!!!!! I love Karl.....I am in the process of collecting his movies, and have most of them...he plays a GREAT baddie........love that scowl........ It is SO delightful..... :heart:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2007 09:07
yeah, got to love him! I got to Lordoftherings.net and wait to listen to his voice.

"G'day this is Karl Urban and welcome to Lordoftherings.net":love:
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Maiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2007 01:14
I have no closet to come out of as I am an affirmed member of the 'I love Karl Urban' club. He was the best thing about Doom as well, the short hair just works so well on him. :love:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2007 04:02
he is a dreamy guy! :drool: I really like him with short hair as well, I have a desktop screen picture of Karl, with his dark short hair.....:love:
Maiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2007 03:05
I just have lots of pictures. Really enjoyed his performance in The Bourne Supremacy, loved the accent.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2007 08:31
oh man! I really want to see that movie but haven't yet!

everyone tells me it's really good and stuff but I never have any opurtunnites to see it, far too busy right now!

Maiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2007 03:15
It is definately worth a watch, you root for the bad guy for a change!
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2007 03:48
lol, sounds good.

While I was flipping through the channels I saw that it was on, but I was watching my younger brother and he's not allowed to watch that stuff, and though I tried to convince him to play on his Playstation he wouldn't leave.

Oh well, I'll go and rent it out and get some of my friends over, that'll be fun.
elra
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2007 06:15
Aahh I thought it was strange, not existing a thread for Karl, but I finally found it..

Hi Elf and everyone else :wave:

Just wanted to state my admiration for the guy too. First saw him on Xena as Caesar. Never loved the Romans so much
Pathfinder only came out here this week, gonna see it this monday. Hope its good, but something tells me, it could be a lot better...
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2007 11:02
yay! Glad to see I'm not the only one playing around in here.
Yeah, I love Karl....hopefully next time my friend and myself get together we will be able to rent out the Bourne Supremacy, we both love Karl and haven't even seen that one yet! (actually, I'm more the Karl fan, she's more of the David Wenham fan, but whatever)
elra
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2007 08:23
Bourne Supremacy.. very good movie.. Karl looks really good there, short dark hair, thinner than in LotR, and has a couple lines in russian.. :love:

And I'm going to see the new movie tomorrow.. feeling very excited I'm taking a friend, shes not a Karl fan but she puts up with my craziness. She has to, I put up with her obsession for Sean Bean lol
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2007 11:31
Oh, wow. I love Karl Urban soo much!!! He is amazing, and I really love his hair, it just always look awesome in my opinion. I want to see pathfinder very badly, but I can't remember when it comes out here, or if anyone wants to take me.
Yeah, Love Karl Urban, I'll have to watch the Bourne Supremecy, seen part of it, very small part. the same with the Chronicles of Riddick. Yeah, I need to get all these and watch them apparently!
elra
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2007 11:45

Not going to see the new movie tomorrow... just got a message from my friend.. :cry:
Damn! hate it when this happens..

Yes, chronicles of riddick is a good movie too. And karl plays an excellent bad guy. But the price of milk is good too, especially cause you can notice is kiwi accent
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2007 06:41
mmm, kiwi accent.....:love:

why is it that he seems to play a lot of baddies, I know he's good at them, but maybe he could be good once, other than LotR.
elra
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2007 06:51
Elf, must be his charm
Even Eomer is a bit of a "bad" good.. In the sense that he is always so serious and stern. Thats probably why I like him really..
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2007 02:50
you have point....he's so serious...but I love it when he crys because he thinks Eowyn is dead, that made me cry!

Yes...he has the bad guy charm.:love:
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: May 17, 2007 09:14
I love it when he crys because he thinks Eowyn is dead, that made me cry!
Me too. I get teary just thinking about it.

That is a brilliant little sequence. The sound of Karl's shocked bellow cuts into Pippin's stillness as he recognises the leaf brooch. We expect Pippin to act but that yell says something worse has happened. At first, we don't know who is yelling. The shot of Karl racing towards camera, casting aside helmet and weapon takes our breath away. We know what he has seen. I fall apart when he rocks Eowyn like a baby, and glances up as if looking for someone to say "It's not true". All the armour, and weapons can't change a thing. An awesome bit of acting.

Look at Karl in the Houses of Healing too. There's a brief shot of his anxious face. I think he should try a sympathetic role and see how it goes. Every actor should be versatiile. I think he'd be a knock-out!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email