Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Toys and Action Figures
on: August 12, 2004 07:28
I received Elrond of Rivendell (in robes) and Traveling Bilbo today.

Elrond's hair and crown look particularly good. The details on his robes are also very nice. His facial expression is a little strange, though.

Traveling Bilbo is really neat. He comes with his walking stick, Sting, a book, a small pot, and, what's particularly cool, the mithril coat. He has a very nice expression on his face. I'm sure he's happy to be unburdened of The Ring and to leave the ever-so-bothersome Sackville-Bagginses behind as he goes off to stay with the Elves.
Lady_of_Edoras
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2004 02:45
Just bought the Coronation gift set and Fell Beast today :disco:
The Fell Beast is really cool, I have him hanging above my other figures.
I like the gift set alot. Arwen is nice, but the paint job in her hair isn't all that great :banghead: I already had the aragorn and Eomir figure, and their both really bice. I was super exited about Faramir and Eowyn though. I think this is the best Eowyn figure yet, it looks just like her. I also love the dress she has on. This is also the best Faramir figure I think. The outfit is very detailed and the likeness is very good (he's so handsome :naughty: :blush: ).
Toy biz did a great job on this batch :cheers:
Haradiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2004 06:46
Has anyone gotten the new figures of Aragorn and/or Legolas that NECA I think put out? They're like motionactivated, and have sound clips from the films? Was wondering if they're any good or not.
presage
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2004 12:13
Hi all,

Anyone else having problems with the Arwen in the Coronation pack? Her legs are so thin, she can't stand; and what's with those slippers?

The others figures are great, but the Arwen (at least the one we got) is very frustrating.

presage
Rik
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2004 02:21
This problem dates back to the Galadriel figure released for TTT. It's basically a design flaw on the company's part. They basically sculpted the legs in a strange manner making it extremely difficult for her to stand. And in case you didn't notice or never bought the Galadriel, Coronation Arwen and Galadriel share a same base body. The Arwen is basically the Galadriel with a big make-over to match her movie appearance. Unfortunately the legs were never fixed. And just think, the Galadriel figure was bare-foot so imagine the difficulty getting her to stand! I think the slippers were basically a final attempt to rectify the leg problem, but from your feedback I'm guessing it didnt work...
Basically its down to the buyer to try and fix this, be it with sticky tack, leaning her against something or bolting her to the floor.
presage
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2004 01:06
Thanks Rik for the info.

I haven't purchased Galadriel, but she was on my list. Now I'm reluctant to do so.

It's crazy that the company didn't fix this problem the first time!

Oh well.

presage
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2004 05:08
Old Tom has added several more Toy Biz figures to his collection since he last posted. This should pretty much be it unless I'm able to land the Galadhrim archer/Uruk-hai beserker set. I'd also be very tempted to purchase the Gondorian Ranger and Faramir (in Ranger garb) if they became available, i.e., re-released, but I wouldn't spend big bucks for them.

Fellowship of the Ring
Arwen and Asfaloth (and wounded Frodo)
Elrond (prologue)
Elrond of Rivendell (in robes)
Galadriel
Gandalf the Grey
Gil-galad
King Elendil
Prologue Elven Warrior
Ringwraith and Horse
Sauron
Traveling Bilbo

The Two Towers
Frodo (with Light-up Sting Sword)
Helm's Deep Battle Set
Helm's Deep Legolas
Saruman the White
(Electronic) Treebeard

The Return of the King
Black Gate of Mordor Gift Pack
Coronation Gift Pack
Morgul Lord Witch-King
Treebeard
Friend_of_Legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2004 09:52
I collect action figures!

I have:

Fotr-
Prologue Elven Warrior
Elrond in Armor
Boromir
Twilight Ringwraith
Galadriel
Strider
Frodo
Legolas
Ringwraith
Arwen
Gimli
Elrond in Robes
Gil-Galad
Elendil
Moria Archer
Lurtz
Party Bilbo
Super Poseable Boromir
Council Legolas
Light n' Sound Sting Sword

TTT-
King Theoden in Armor
Prince Theodred
Eowyn
Eomer
Helm's Deep Aragorn
Gandalf the White
Frodo with light-up Sting
Helm's Deep Legolas
Treebeard
Berserker Uruk-Hai
Super Poseable Helm's Deep Aragorn
Isengard Orc
Super Poseable Frodo
Boromir in Armor
Gamling
Gates of Mordor Sam
King Theoden (2002)
Hama
Super Poseable Helm's Deep Aragorn

RotK-
Cirith Ungol Uruk-hai
Gimli (coronation)
Ringwraith
Super Poseable Shelob
Shelob Attack Frodo
Gondorian Warrior (Citadel Guard)
Aragorn, King of Gondor
Legolas in Rohan Armor
Pippin in Gondorian Armor
Faramir in Gondorian Armor
Morgul Lord WitchKing
Merry in Rohan Armor
The King of the Dead (Glow in the Dark)
Frodo in Orc Armor
Sam in Orc Armor
Eomer in Ceremonial Armor
Smeagol
Super Poseable Pellinor Fields Aragorn
Eowyn in Armor
King Aragorn with Brego
Legolas with Horse

&
There and Back Again Gift Pack
The Coronation Gift Pack

I love collecting these action figures. It's so much fun!

[Edited on 25/7/2005 by Friend_of_Legolas]
Lillith_Phoenix
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2004 07:11
Fellowship of the Ring

Fellowship Gift Pack
Prologue Elven Warrior
Rivendell Elrond
King Elendil
Gil-Galad
Lurtz
Witch King
Twighlight Witch King
12" 'talking' Sauron

Two Towers

Fell Beast with Wraith
Theoden
Theoden in Armour
Eowyn
Eomer in Armour

Return of the King

Black Gates of Mordor Gift Pack
Coronation Gift Pack
King Eomer
King of the Dead
Witch King with Mace
Haradrim Archer
Morgul Orc
Pippin in Gondorian Armour

TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: September 29, 2004 11:57
Thanks Rik for the info.

I haven't purchased Galadriel, but she was on my list. Now I'm reluctant to do so.

It's crazy that the company didn't fix this problem the first time!

Oh well.

presage

I have the Galadriel figure and she stands just fine. Though I found purple shoes that fit her perfectly. That might be it, but her dress also sort of holds her up. And I renamed mine to Celebrian, so I always lean her next to Elrond. But don't let the leg issue stop you from getting her. She's really pretty! :love:
MirkwoodsArcher
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2004 02:03
Hey everyone .. I'm normally pretty well clued up on the toy scene.. but last week I brought me three Fellowship boxsets which have a the peter jackson hobbit figure in them....

What's the deal with the peter jackson figure ?.. can anyone shed some light on this for me

Randy
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: October 02, 2004 10:42
What's the deal with the peter jackson figure ?.. can anyone shed some light on this for me

I really don't know. The only thing I can think of is that maybe he wanted a figure or maybe it has something to do with everyone comparing PJ to a hobbit. Whatever it is, it sounds fun. What does it look like? I've only heard about it, but haven't seen any pictures.
Lady_of_Edoras
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2004 03:05
You can see a picture of the new Peter Jackson figure on toywiz.com in the Lord of the rings section. I'm looking forward to buying one.
MirkwoodsArcher
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2004 11:33
I could'nt find anything on the toybiz site about the Peter Jackson figure fellowship pack ...

It looks a lot like him.. I guess I really lucked out when I saw three aye !!!!

( he does'nt stand up very well though )
Lady_of_Edoras
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2004 12:33
Just added Coronation Gimli to my ever expanding collection. :disco:
Now I'm on the look out fro Boromir in Gondorian armor.
presage
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 01, 2004 12:09
Recently received the NECA Leggy. In a word, and not to sound too Californian, he is AWESOME! I've started a new thread just on the NECA figures if anyone is interested.

Our 6" and AOME collection is pretty extensive, but still having problems finding the following at a reasonable price: Gamling, Isildur, Isengard Orc, Moria Orc Archer, Cirith Ungol Uruk, and ANY of the Trolls.

Looking forward to Hamma, Gondorian Guard, Gothmog, Theodred (that one should be interesting), and any other new ones on the horizon.

Hey Rik, what's the latest?

presage
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: December 22, 2004 02:34
At last...I got my Peter Jackson figure...looks just like him. I love it! Also the Citadel guard which is fabulous, Theodred, Isildur, Denethor, transfixed Bilbo, Smeagol, Shelob-attack Frodo with the cool light-up phial of Galadriel, and webbed Frodo with Gorbag. Still need Hama.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
LinweSingollo
Send Message
on: April 30, 2005 08:59
Is anybody still collecting action figures? I just picked up radioactive Galadriel (she's green and her eyes light up), talking Mt. Doom Frodo and talking Mt. Doom Sam, and last, but not least, the eye of Sauron (talks and lights up).
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Lillith_Phoenix
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2005 10:08
I'm still actively collecting action figures.
I'll rack my brain and see if I can remember all the ones I have and am waiting on.
Gorbag, Shagrat, Merry in armour, Faramir in armour, Boromir in armour, Denethor, Berserker Uruk Hai, Hama, Theodred, Isildur, Prologue Elrond, Galadriel, Eye of Sauron (light up), Celeborn (loose from the Lothlorien gift set), Twighlight Ring Bearers gift set (Bilbo, Gollum and Frodo).

Still waiting on arrival: Gothmog, Moria Orc Archer, Easterling, Mumak Rider and Soldier of the dead (the last two loose from the Pelennor Fields gift set)

I think that's it. My apologies if I've added some here that Ive already mentioned.

[Edited on 30/4/2005 by Lillith_Phoenix]
Lady_of_Edoras
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2005 12:04
I've added a few more figures to my collection. I now have ;Rivendale Elrond, Elendil, Theodred, Birthday Bilbo, Shelob, Super posable Boromir, and Shelob attack Frodo.
I'm currently searching high and low for Peter Jackson, Isildur, Transfixed Bilbo, and Dark Galadriel.
Unfortunately I usually have to go through ebay because the toys r us in my town doesn't carry that many lotr items. :rolleyes:
~Aranel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2005 12:12
I don't have that many action figures but I do plan to get some more in the future. So far I have:
*Fellowship of the Ring Deluxe Gift Pack with Peter Jackson hobbit figure
*Coronation Eomer
*Frodo in Orc armour
does anyone know any good online stores that sell any LOTR action figures that won't break the bank?
Lady_of_Edoras
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2005 09:03
amazon.com actually has a pretty good amount of action figures for the regular price (around $6.99). they have some new ones for pre-order at the moment. the only draw back with them though is that they usually don't carry the hard to find figures.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 07:11
I guess I'm due for an update:

Fellowship of the Ring
Arwen and Asfaloth (and wounded Frodo)
Elrond (prologue)
Elrond of Rivendell (in robes)
Frodo and Samwise Gamgee with Elven Boat Accessory
Galadriel
Gandalf the Grey
Gil-galad
King Elendil
Prince Isildur
Prologue Elven Warrior
Ringwraith and Horse
Sauron
Traveling Bilbo

The Two Towers
Frodo (with Light-up Sting Sword)
Helm's Deep Battle Set
Helm's Deep Legolas
Saruman the White
(Electronic) Treebeard

The Return of the King
Black Gate of Mordor Gift Pack
Coronation Gift Pack
Morgul Lord Witch-King
Treebeard

I've pre-ordered Dark Galadriel, Lothlorien Gift Pack, and Talking Balrog-Battle Gandalf from Amazon.com and they're a little late from their estimated delivery date. I haven't yet received a notice that they've shipped but hope I do soon.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 06:12
I spoke a wee bit too soon. Today I received the Lothlorien Gift Pack. It features exclusive Haldir and Celeborn figures along with Galadriel, Frodo, and Strider.

Haldir looks very nice in his forest garb, but Celeborn is a little disappointing. For starters, his hair is the incorrect color. It should be silver rather than blonde. The likeness to Marton Csokas is only so-so.

Lillith_Phoenix
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 11:57
I agree. I bought the Celeborn loose from the Lothlorien set from a seller on Ebay. And where I do like the figure, it's not quite what I expected. But I'm glad to have a Celeborn figure nonetheless.

Finally recieved my Gothmog, Mumak Rider, Soldier of the Dead and Pelennor Fields Orc. Plus I recieved a newborn Lurtz. Everyone of those figures are fantastic. Especially the Gothmog. It's really detailed and quite a large figure, doesn't seem to have his wonky leg though.

oselle
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2005 09:51
i dont have ne b-cuz im broke 24/7...but i really want this big one of shelob that i saw at the store*sigh*
Elessar60
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2005 02:06
I have 19 of the 6" figures....I started out just wanting my favs...ya know, Aragorn, Eomer, Eowyn...etc...then I found myself wanting more... So, I have a question, is there a LIST anywhere of ALL the current 6" action figures? If so, would someone mind emailing me at my emaill addy, so that I can print it up? I would really like to see just how many that I DON'T have....Thanks!!
I just got the council legolas last night and the super poseable minis tirith guard...he is SO SO very cool!! Love his helm..... :love: I like my Eomer in ceremonial armour too...and the Gil Galad is too cool.... I'm sure that I'll get many more...as I've found most of mine at my local wally world for 6 bucks each....I paid quite a bit more than that for my Eomer...cause he's about the only one that I haven't been able to find...yet...
I have the 20" talking aragorn, and man is he AWEsome!! Got him on sale on tolkientown.com.... very very close to looking like the real deal........
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 02:57
Toybiz.com has a list of their action figures and a good place to get them online is amazon.com. Hope this helps.
LinweSingollo
Send Message
on: July 06, 2005 03:38
I just bought the Balrog-fighting Gandalf. I am so impressed with the sound on this one! --- He shouts: "You Shall Not Pass!" --- it even includes echoes. One of the best so far.
Lady_of_Edoras
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2005 05:41
I just bought 'Galadriel Entranced' 'The Eye of sauron' 'Flaming Ringwraith' and 'Twilight Frodo' in the small package. I bought it from a collecting shop that has mainly hard to find figures, so I had to pay more ($43).
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2005 07:06
I just bought the Balrog-fighting Gandalf. I am so impressed with the sound on this one! --- He shouts: "You Shall Not Pass!" --- it even includes echoes. One of the best so far.
That is an awesome one! I have him standing on top of my PC tower at work.
Indiana
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2005 07:04
I have around 105 (that's right, one hundred and five, its not an error! ) of the Toybiz figures. I have some from every wave, including the newest figures such as the Gondorian Swordsman. I've been collecting since FOTR came out, but in the last year or so, I've gotten around 90 figures all together.
VendeaErunyauve
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2005 06:48
Sideshow Collectibles Announces New License
With New Line Cinema for 1:4 Scale Premium Format Figures
from The Lord of the Rings Film Trilogy

(November 10, 2005) Westlake Village, CA - Sideshow Collectibles, a specialty manufacturer of iconic TV and film collectibles, announced a new line of The Lord of the Rings figures as part of their agreement with New Line Cinema. The artists at Sideshow Collectibles will bring the enchanting, heroic-and indelible-characters that populated the world of Middle-earth in the critically-acclaimed The Lord of the Rings trilogy to life with the first-ever 1:4 scale Premium Format figure line. The new figures are anticipated to rank as some of the most highly sought-after collectible art pieces on the market today.

Details at Sideshow Collectibles Announces New LOTR License
Lady_of_Edoras
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2005 07:53
I recently bought Rivendell Aragorn, Grondorian archer, and the new Frodo. I think I have about 81 now. Can't wait to the new Eowyn.
mallenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2005 01:33
I have bought every Galadriel figure that i´ve been able to find. In my collection there are two different burgerking Galadriel figures, TOYBIZ Galadriel 6, Galadriel entranced 6, Galadriel with mirror Games Workshop, Galadriel barbie, Galadriel 12 (toybiz). I hope toybiz will make more variations of her
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email