Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
frodo249
Council Member
Send Message
Post Happy Hobbits (P.M. to join) (KEEP!)
on: January 20, 2004 06:06
(I'm writing this as I go, so hang with me)

Lily jumped out of the big oak tree and ran after Elanor. She was a fast runner and caught up with her almost instantly.

Panting, she said, "I think Rose is at her house. I saw Mrs. Losdale outside."

"I wonder if Sandy is home."

"She probably is. Want to go see?"

"Sure."

So Lily and Elanor ran off through the trees, heading towards the Green Dragon, where Sandy worked with her father.

[Edited on 21/1/2004 by eldir]

[Edited on 9/9/2006 by frodo249]

[Edited on 9/9/2006 by frodo249]
frodo249
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Happy Hobbits (P.M. to join) (KEEP!)
on: January 21, 2004 01:37

Sandy handed Tom Proudfoot a big mug that was nearly overflowing with ale.

"Thank you miss," Tom said, smiling at Sandy. She nodded in reply before going over to her father.

"How much longer until I can go?"

"Sandy, can't you do a favor and help your old Papa out?"

Sandy sighed. She longed to be out with her friends, wandering the forests or the hills. Hobbits weren't meant to be locked up in some cage. They were meant to be out, roaming the world.

"Sandy, after elevensies you can go."

Sandy's face lit up with delight. "Thank you!"

Then she hurried back to the counter and began wiping some dishes.

[Edited on 21/1/2004 by CarolP]
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 05:04
Marigold entered the Green Dragon to deliver a message from her uncle Rob to the owner of the inn.
She went over to where he was working. "Hello, I am to deliver this message to you. My uncle says that he won't be able to bring in that delivery of potatoes until tomorrow mornin'. He says he's sorry and hopes this won't slow up business tonight if you're short on taters'."
"Oh, tell 'im it's no matter. I've got plenty of everything else. If any of the costomers complain that there ain't no taters around I'll just tell them that Rob Hamwich's taters are the best in the Shire and are worth waitin' a day for." He smiled down at her.
Marigold curtsied. "Thank you very much, sir. I'll pass the compliment to my uncle."
She left the kitchen and saw Sandy hauling dirty dishes from a table nearby. "Hullo, Sandy!" She exclaimed. "I'm so glad you're here. When will you be done? Here, I'll help you so the work will get done faster."
Marigold scurried over an empty table and began clearing away dishes. I've so much to tell you....

Just then Lily and Elanor ran in, their faces flushed after their sprint.
frodo249
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 06:03
Elanor smiled. "Marigold!" She laughed. "What are you doing here?"

"I was delivering a message to my uncle,"Marigold replied.

"We came to get Sandy,"Lily said. She turned to Sandy. "Are you finished yet?"

"My father said I have to stay until elevensies. Then I can go."

"Good,"Elanor said. "I'll help you finish." Elanor hurried over to Sandy and Marigold and grabbed a mug and began drying it with a towel.

Lily watched them with her elbow leaning against the counter. Then she walked over to them. "Is that as fast as you can go?"

Taking a plate in her left hand and a towel in her right, Lily began to wipe furiously at the plate.

Marigold watched her. "You missed a spot." She pointed at the surface of the plate.

Lily laughed and wiped the spot off with the towel. Elanor and Sandy laughed with her.
ladyknight1224
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 07:45
OCC- Hope you don't mind if I join in! This is awesome!!!!

"Go outside Tigerlilly! You need to do something. I can't stand to see you bored, and just because Ivy isn't here right now, doesn't mean you can't find something else to do!" Diamond Took said as she pushed her daughter out of the cozy hobbit hole. The hobbit mom stood infront of the purple door, her hands folded over her chest.

"All right! Fine! I'll just go to the Green Dragon, wonder what's happening there." Tigerlilly yelled over her shoulder. Taking a step forward, and shutting the white gate behind her, grumbling as she did so. Ivy was the daughter of Meriadoc Brandybuck, and was Tigerlilly's very best friend.

I miss Ivy. How long could one hobbit be in Rohan for so long? Everything is right here! Food, friends, family, food. Walking down the dirt road was not that exciting, for it was empty with all of the hobbits inside finishing up second breakfast.

Coming up to the Green Dragon, she opened the door, and put her bare foot on the well sanded wooden floor. In the back, she could hear splashing noises, and laughter. I wonder who it is? Being a curious hobbit, the young lass went into the back, looking for the sorces of the voices.

[Edited on 23/1/2004 by ladyknight1224]
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 11:22
Marigold laughed with the rest as she wantched them, then turned quickly around to get more dishes. She bumped smack into another young hobbit girl who had just walked in, and they both were knocked off their feet.
They must have looked so silly that Marigold laughed as she sat up and rubbed her head.
:blush:"Oh dear, there I go again, knocking people over. Sorry!" She cried sincerily to Tigerlily.

[Edited on 23/1/2004 by Beleg_Strongbow]
ladyknight1224
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2004 03:03
"Oh! That's fine. It's not your fault. I shouldn't be back here anyway." Looking behind Marigold's shoulder, she saw the other hobbits, now spraying eachother with suds and bubbles. "May I help? I don't really have anything to do, so I can help as long as you need." Tigerlilly gave her a smile, her warm brown eyes full of laughter.

[Edited on 24/1/2004 by CarolP]
frodo249
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2004 05:56
"Of course you can help." Elanor turned to greet the newcomer. "I'm Elanor Gardener." She pointed to Lily. "That's Lily Took, and this is Sandy Proudfoot," Elanor said, gesturing to Sandy.

Lily looked at Tigerlilly with deep interest. Then her face lit up. "Tigerlilly! I havn't seen you for a while. Where were you?"

"Well, I was staying with Uncle Morris for a while," Tigerlilly smiled at her cousin.

"I was wondering where you were. You didn't make it to the election then. Did you hear that Elanor here is the daughter of the mayor."

"No, I hadn't heard," Tigerlilly looked at Elanor with wondering eyes.
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: January 25, 2004 08:59
Hallas Brandybuck stuck his hands in his pockets a whistled as he walked down the dusty path. It was in his nature to be a rather laid back, rather proper hobbit and he was happy with his quiet way of life. It seemed a perfectly normal day in the Shire today; the sun shone like it was supposed to and everything was pleasant and good. Hallas was smiling until he rounded a corner and saw a bunch of girls. He was about to duck away, but too late! They saw him. It wasn't that he disliked girls, but they always made him feel uncomfortable. Reluctant, but polite, he put on a friendly smile and approached them.
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 25, 2004 10:29
(ooc I'm just going to pretend that Marigold knows Hallas, okay?)

Marigold smiled at Hallas. She liked him well enough, but he was very shy around girls. Too shy, she thought. So she tried to make him as comfortable as possible, and imediately took his arm and led him to the others.

"Hello, Hallas! How are you?? We're just helping Sandy finish up her job here at the Green Dragon before we go out to play. Would you like to join us? Do you know everyone here?" She introduced him. "This is Sandy, her father owns the inn. And this is Lily, and Tigerlily. And this is Elanor. Her father is Mayor of the Shire, did you know? Yes, he's quite the hero." She said happily.
frodo249
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2004 12:09
Hallas looked at Elanor with a look of surprise. "You're father is Samwise Gardener?"

Elanor blushed. "Yes." Everyone thought she was special or something because her father was the mayor. She hated to be put above others just because of a title her father had.

Lily smiled at Hallas and said, "A pleasure to meet you."

Sandy nodded and continued drying the plate she had in her hand.
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 25, 2004 07:27
Marigold took a scrubbing brush and began washing dishes. She knew the look on Elanor's face. "Elanor, your father isn't famous just because he's the mayor. He's one of the Travelers, who went to many different lands and met great foreign kings and heros.
Your father helped save all of Middle-earth, so you should never be ashamed of getting praise for being his daughter. That's the reason he's so famous. Amd there never was a greater mayor in all the history of the Shire than Samwise Gardner." She looked with admiration on her friend.

"Now, Hallas, you can help us. Here, take a dishcloth and help Sandy dry the dishes, if you will. It will be elevensies soon, and then we can get out."
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 03:11
Hallas dutifully did as he was told. The less he had to talk, the better. Although drying dishes may not have been one of his specialties, he was not displeased with having to do it. He listened the the hobbit lassies' chat while he worked, but did not join unless he was required to. He realized that they were trying to make him comfortable, but this almost made things worse. It meant they knew that he was not. At last, he finished, but he knew that he couldn't just "run off", that would be rude, so he stood there, awaiting their next order. His eyes held a slightly nervous look as he was afraid they might ask him to do something that he could not.

[Edited on 27/1/2004 by eldir]

[Edited on 16/2/2004 by shirehobbit]
frodo249
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2004 05:08
Sandy looked up from her work and watched Hallas stand silently by Marigold's side. 'Such a brave lass,' she thought. 'Although I do not know why he is so quiet.'

Lily watched her face. "Sandy, you should get to work."

Sandy looked at her, embarrased. "You're right, I should."

[Edited on 28/1/2004 by CarolP]
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: January 28, 2004 04:19
Hallas laughed a little at this. "Don't worry, there isn't much left to do," he said. He moved to the side and let her begin working. Then, he walked over to Lily. "Excuse me, but what exactly were you going to do after we are done here?" he asked, biting his lip a little. "I don't have anything else to do today and I thought maybe I could join you?" At first Lily didn't seem to understand, so he repeated himself a little louder. It was a rather unusual thing for him to ask to join a group of people that he didn't know very well, and he wasn't entirely sure why he was doing it either.
frodo249
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2004 03:57
Lily looked confused.

Hallas saw her face and turned away, embarrased.

Then Lily opened her mouth in surprise and said, "Of course you can join me!"

Hallas looked anxiously at Lily.

"We were just going to go see the elves. Elanor has connections."

Hallas opened his mouth in surprise. "Elves!"

[Edited on 29/1/2004 by CarolP]
ladyknight1224
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2004 06:18
Elves! Tigerlilly was almost quivering with excitment. She didn't want to tell anybody that she wanted to see the one and only Legolas Greenleaf.

She then dropped a dish, and swore under her breath, reaching down and gathering the pieces of the dish.
amped
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2004 06:43
(hope you don't mind if i build another side of the story)

Anion paced there and back, his attuned ears focused on the messages the wind carried. His dark hair blew in front of his eyes with the breeze, and his hands fiddled nervously with the ornate silver hilt of his sword.

Anion uttered indistinguishable words under his breath, and leaned his back against a friendly forest tree.

'Why is it that the Elves cannot be slightly more specific when it comes to these tasks?' he mumbled to himself. 'Though a ranger I am, patience is not one of my outstanding qualities. Days past, I realize the foresight of the Elves of Imladris has weakened of late. Or have I simply miscounted my days? Either way they should arrive soon. I did see some little ones conversing just before near The Green Drag--' Anion swallowed his words and drew his sword Ormë while spinning round. Two halves of a yellow leaf drifted toward the ground.

'I have become tense. We will cross paths soon, I am sure of it.'

[Edited on 29/1/2004 by amped]
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 28, 2004 06:54
Marigold turned to Elanor in excitement. "We're going to see elves! Oh, Elanor! You're the greatest! Where are they from? Are they from Rivendell? Where are we meeting them?" She barely gave poor Elanor a chance to answer.

[Edited on 29/1/2004 by eldir]
amped
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2004 05:03
The palms of Anion's hands were moist with sweat, and a firm grip on the hilt of Örme. He exercised his swipes, cuts, and jabs over and over, each time listening to the blade slice through the steady breeze. Anion took a long diagonal swing and threw his sword to the root of a tree, after hearing a high shriek from a bird above.

'Why have they not told me my task, those Elves. Curse them!' he whispered to himself in response to the shear shatter of the sword hitting the ground.

[Edited on 30/1/2004 by eldir]
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: January 30, 2004 07:03
Elves? Hallas was shocked. It seemed so improper to be so, well, casual about adventure. Elves especially! How could you just waltz up to one even if you could find where they lived. Hallas looked suspiciously at Elanor. This would be quite a black mark on his record if he went on adventure. Suddenly, he heard a singing coming from up the road. Oh, no! He knew it had to be one of his relations and by the singing he knew which one.

His aunt was obsessed with the idea that he was strange. His name was unnatural. "A fool foreign name," his aunt called it. If she found him about to go on an adventure, he'd never hear the end of it. Although he wasn't entirely sure it was a good idea, the currant alternative was worse.

"Well, then let's go!" Hallas said somewhat enthusiastically. He could always back out later if they had to leave the Shire, right?

[Edited on 30/1/2004 by CarolP]

[Edited on 16/2/2004 by shirehobbit]
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 31, 2004 02:43
"Not yet, Hallas!" Said Marigold merrily. "We can't go until Sandy's done working! She's her fathers best helper, here at the Green Dragon."

[Edited on 1/2/2004 by eldir]
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 07:29
Hallas bit his lip and looked nervously up the road. His aunt was coming closer. He envisioned a strict, unpleasant lecture (it didn't matter that he wasn't doing anything) when suddenly, someone dragged him backwards. He collapsed in a heap, out of sight just as his aunt passed. There was a slightly stifled laugh from the person underneath him as they rose.

Hallas put his hands on his hips. "What are you doing??" he demanded of the hobbit.

"Got you out of trouble, thank goodness!" the lad laughed as he dusted himself off. "Were you just going to wait for her to see you? Really, Hallas, hiding is much more practicle."

Hallas sighed and looked around, quite embarrassed. Meanwhile, the new-comer was completely undaunted.

"Hullo, I'm Dandin," he said, introducing himself.

[Edited on 3/2/2004 by eldir]
frodo249
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2004 12:24
Elanor stared at Dandin. He looked familiar, though she could not guess where she remembered him from. But even so, she remained staring at his bright blue eyes and his brown curly hair, her mind searching for an answer. And then it came: he looked exactly like her father's "Mr. Frodo" who had left Middle Earth on an elven ship.

Elanor smiled at the lad. "Hello. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Sandy frowned at the new-comer. His hair was quite messy, and his hands were dirty.
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 10:08
Dandin was more or less the opposite of Hallas. Although he had a more hobbitish name, he was far less proper and far more adventurous than his cousin. Their aunt had her opinions about Dandin too, of course, but found him far less caring whether or not she told everyone he was cracked.

His blue eyes danced as both Elanor and Sandy made their own opinions about him. He brushed some stray brown curls back and grinned. Finally, Elanor returned his "hullo."

"Likewise," Dandin replied, trying to be just a little more proper. "I suppose now that your work is done, you'll be going home?" Dandin spoke again. "I could walk you home if you like." He paused, studying Elanor, trying to work something out.

[Edited on 17/2/2004 by maeghin]
frodo249
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2004 10:30
Elanor stared at the newcomer. Sandy had always said that when Elanor stared at people, it made them feel uncomfortable. Was that happening now?

"Would you like me to?" Dandin's voice startled Elanor out of her dreamland.

"Well, I suppose," Elanor said, smiling weakly.

Dandin smiled back.

Lily watched his face and said, grinning,"I bet Sandy would love it if you took her home."

Sandy threw a dishtowel at her face. "Oh, be quiet Lily.

Lily laughed. "I was only kidding!"

"Whatever you were doing, stop it!" Sandy turned her face.
frodo249
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2004 04:45
Hallas laughed and said, "Well, Dandin, we were going to go visit the elves first. Want to come?"

Dandin smiled mischievously. "Sure. Is Sandy coming?"

Lily laughed and Sandy through the towel at her again.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Lily giggled.

Elanor laughed. "Let's get going. Shall we see if Rose wants to come?"

Marigold smiled. "Sure!"
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 21, 2004 05:39
"Just wait a minute!" Said Marigold.
She stepped out onto the roadway ouside the Green Dragon and gave a sharp, high wistle. A small, plump little pony, who had been grazing in the green nearby, came trotting up promptly. Marigold leapt lightly on its back.
"I'll see if Rose can come, and we'll be back in a minute!" With that she went off down the row of hobbit homes to Rose's house.

When she reached it, she got off her pony's back and knocked on the door.
Rose peeked out and at once a broad smile spread across her face. "Hello, Marigold!" She said brightly.

"Hi Rose!" Said Marigold. "Guess what? Elanor, Sandy, Lily, Tigerlily and me and a few others are going to see some of the elves!"

"Oh, really?!" Said Rose.

"Sure! Wanna come along?"

"Yes! My mother won't mind."

"Good! Here, get on my pony with me. He can hold the both of us, and besides, he needs the excersize!" She laughed.

They rode back to the Green Dragon where everyone was waiting. Rose eyed the two boys curiously.
ArwenOfTheLight
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2004 11:27
Meanwhile,

Livwenwas galloping her elven andalusian stallion when she noticed lots of camotion at the Green Dragon.

"Well, I guess I need a break. I'll just go in and a have something to drink. Boy! Am I thirsty! I've been riding for two days... the whole time, while ringwraiths are on my tail!"

Livwen, pulled on her cloak, and walked in. Grabbing a table, she sat down and drank limpë (drink of the Valar) She noticed everyone sitting around, laughing, singing, dancing....

[Edited on 07/30/04 by ArwenOfTheLight]
frodo249
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2005 02:03
When the hobbits were all ready, Elanor smiled shyly.

"Well, shall we go?"

Everyone nodded and they began walking along the dirt path, towards the forest.

Elanor felt strange, leading all these hobbits, a few of them strangers, to the elves. It crossed her mind that perhaps the elves would not be happy with so many visitors. But what could she do?
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 02:50
((mind if i join? i'm trying out a new character...branching out with my character species, so this one is a hobbit this time! ^_^ Isabella Brandybuck is in the DB...or "Izzy" as her nickname... ))

Isabella Brandybuck, or Izzy for short, circled carefully with her blade, yet she had no opponent. She was practicing swordsmanship by herself, while her pony, Ivory, grazed under a willow tree near by and watched the hobbit lass.

Isabella was about 3'11, 27 or so years old, with just-below-the-shoulders length black/brown wavy hair, which was at the moment tied back in a messy ponytail, and several locks and wisps had escaped their bonds, and blue/green eyes. She wore a white cotton shirt with the sleeves rolled up just passed her elbows and tucked into dark brown pants, a light brown unbuttoned vest, and had hung up her blue/green cloak while she dueled with herself.

She was near the forest, that she knew, because she was on another one of her traveling adventures. Isabella had loved to pretend she was on adventures and long journies as a child with her friends in Buckland, along the Brandywine River...now she got to live out the dreams she had been having as a young hobbit.

Isabella froze and slide her hobbitsize sword back into it's scabbard at her hip and grabbed her cloak, slinging it over herself as she heard voices and the sounds of many hooves along the road. She clucked her tongue at Ivory and the small white pony mare trotted merrily up to her.

Isabella mounted Ivory and urged the pony towards the road, hooded and cloaked in blue/green heavy fabric. She spotted a group of many hobbits on ponies walking along the road. She wondered if she knew any of them and waved them down.

"Hello!" she called out cheerfully, waving as she came out of hiding, "Where are you all off to?" she asked inquisitively, a merry smile on the hobbit's face.
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 08:19
(occ: I'm glad we're keeping this going. Should we PM some of the other ppl to let them know?)

Marigold patted Elanor's shoulder. "Alright?" She asked. "Don't worry about anything, Elanor!! This will be wonderful!" As they continued, they came upon another hobbit lass. She was dressed in boy's clothes, and appeared to be practicing with her sword.
"Hello!" She said cheerfully. "Where are you all off to?"
Marigold smiled. "We're going on an adventure. To see elves, if we succeed. Would you like to join us?"
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2005 04:21
( can I play? I'm a girl Hobbit named Luna Baggins, I'm not very good, but I'll try hee hee) A Hobbit walkied up to the other two. "Hullo,"she said. "I'm Luna Baggins, who might you be?"
Pip_Merry_Frodo_Sam
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2005 04:26
Luna looked behind her and saw Hobbits screaming and running everywhere(this is in the Shire right?). It took her a while to figure out what was going on, then she saw and orc running straight for her. "AAHH!!!" she screamed and ran right into another Hobbit. In doing so both Hobbits fell to the ground. An Orc saw them lying there and grabed them. The other Hobbit was a boy about 16 years of age.(Luna is 23).Both Hobbits yelled for help as they were being carried away by the ugly orc.
frodo249
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 12:16
Elanor yelped as an orc reached for her. She toook off running, closely followed by Sandy and Marigold. They ran faster and faster until they were all out of breath.

Turning quickly around, Elanor saw the whole Shire in a sudden uproar. Everyone ran to evade passing orcs, but it was obvious the hobbits could not do anything.

Lily and Hallas had managed to get away and were at that moment running towards Elanor and her friends.

"Run into the woods!" Hallas shouted. Elanor turned and, sure enough, found herself on the edge of the forest. She began running into the dense trees. Once in the forest, she slowed a bit, carefully jumping over broken branches. She could her her friends' footsteps behind her, but her heart pounded as she thought about what might be hiding in the trees.

Don't you let go. Reach! - Sam

Proud member of the realm of Este.

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email