Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
Post The Blackness of Night
on: January 31, 2004 07:59
The rumbling subsided, it wasn't the worst earthquake ever in that area but it was enough to disburb an ancient cave. In the pitch black darkness of the cave, a stone slab slid slightly off a dank chamber.

Suddenly a hand popped out of the chamber, grabbing a bat flying by. The cave echoed the sick sound of something breaking the delicate bones of the bat, followed by soft grunting.

"I have awoken..."
Nostawen~the~archer~girl
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Blackness of Night
on: February 04, 2004 04:39
Maringa had been just outside the inn of the town when the earthquake struck. she thought. She looked around and saw many of the houses were damaged. Her bright green eyes flashed as she decided to get going. She didn't want to be forced into helping some borring townspeople she didn't even know. She had places to go. But, she had a strange feeling, a foreboding that something had been set in motion.

[Edited on 2/5/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 10:06
A dark shadow makes its way out of the cave and into the newly risen moonlight. Slunking towards a small village that had not been there when the creature fell asleep.

Staying in the dark shadows of the trees the creature spies an old man argueing with a stubborn donkey.

"Come on beast! Move!" the old man yells at the donkey, who stubbornly refuses to move. Until the animal catches the scent of the creature, letting out a fearful bay the donkey bolts leaving its master behind.

The old man stands there scratching his head and looking to where his donkey had disappeared into the night. He mumbles some VERY uncouth words and starts to walk toward the village.

He never reaches it, as the creature swoops down upon him and feasts on the poor man's blood.

Wiping its mouth the creature stands fully erect now, its strength returned. The tattered hood of a cloak falls to reveal a stunningly beautiful woman. Her raven colored hair shimmers in the moonlight stirred softly by the wind. She turns her dark blue eyes towards the village and continues on toward it.

[Edited on 2/6/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Nostawen~the~archer~girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 07:28
Maringa was about to really get going when the scent of not-too-distant blood stopped her. The feeling she had got stronger as she stood where she was. The "Thing" that made the feeling was coming toward the village. She climbed a tree and made her way to where the "Thing" would likely come to.
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 08:58
Valdae was close to the village now, passing some trees just before its borders. Stopping she smiled slowly as she sensed the presence of another.

"Come out and let us see you my dear." her enchanting voice said.
Nostawen~the~archer~girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 09:55
Maringa couldn't help but come down, as if she were drawn by the voice. But she did so cautiously. Her green eyes flashed at the being. They both had something dark about them; Maringa could sence this. The feeling and the scent of blood came from this creature. It was as if she were meeting a distant relative, but this being was more powerful than she was. This she could also sense.
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 10:11
Valdae seemed to float more than walk towards the woman. The very air about her seemed to drip with ancient power and wisdom. Standing mere inches from the woman, Valdae smiled at her as she looked into the other's flashing green eyes.

Valdae put her finger under Maringa's chin and lifted her face up to look at her. Slowly turning Maringa's face from side to side Valdae seemed to be pleased with what she saw there.

"You are young my dear," Valdae's melodic voice seemed to almost sing. "Where is the one who made you?"

Maringa didn't seem to be able to talk as she stared into Valdae's deep blue eyes, they seemed to draw her into them, a bottomless lake she could never escape from.

Valdae laughed slightly and released Maringa's face. "It matters not, I claim you as mine now." and the older vampire stroked the young one's hair. "Have you fed tonight my dear?"
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 05:55
"NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! LET ME GO, YOU.....YOU.......MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!" yelled a begging voice. The figure ran from the dark creature and into the night. She sobbed endlessly. An earthquake nearly made her lose her ground, but she survived and ran more. She turned to see the creature behind her and ran straight into two other creatures. She fell to the ground and the man chasing her stopped ubruptly.
He smiled at the two women that stood before him, they were one of him. He smiled, revealing his curse and said, "Hello my sisters. This one is half tansformed, she escaped." He leaned down and stroked the girl's hair, she was barely fifteen and terrified of the three vampires that stood before her. The man smiled to the women and dragged the girl into the woods.
The women stood in shock as the girl screamed repeatedly until finally quiet moans came from her. The man emerged from the forest and said, "Sisters, I am Carver and the girl in the forest will be one of us by tommorrows' moon. She is named Amber Elizabeth. She was so innocent when I captured her this eve, now she is to be one of us and innocence will no longer flow in her blood."
Aruin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 08:49
Aaron stepped out of the bar in to the street,
He felt the cold crisp air biting at his face.

Aaron lifted his head up and looked in to the dark sky,
He sighed as he brought his hand up and brushing his hair behind his ear, Letting his long black nails run through its length.
He paused for a moment as his hand came to a lump under his long coat the edges of his mouth turned up slightly as in reassurance.
He let his hand fall to his side and left went on his way down the street.
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 09:31
Maringa did not have a chance to answer as the other vampire chased a young girl down in front of them.

Valdae raised her eyebrow at Carver. "If that was meant to impress me," she said coldly, her fangs bared, "It did not. You could have awoken the entire village and brought them down upon us, with her yelling and screaming like that."

She turned and started walking down a deserted looking side-street. Carver followed behind looking like a dog that had been whipped. Amber stumbled behind him and Maringa walked beside Valdae.

Valdae stopped suddenly as her eyes fell upon another being walking towards them. Her eyes narrowed as she looked at him, her lips curled into a devilish grin.

She stood in front of him and greeted him, "Greetings my friend." her silky voice said.

[Edited on 8/2/2004 by ithillinde]

[Edited on 9/2/2004 by Abraon]
Nostawen~the~archer~girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 12:37
Maringa watched all this, interested. She wondered if the others could see she was different. She had not been made into a vampire; she was born one. She didn't know how. But this made her special. Although not for long, she could walk in sunlight a short ways. She couldn't remember her parents, only blood. And, a young boy like her.
Valdae and Carver interested her. She would travel with them, she decided. Maybe her ability would serve the lady Valdae well someday. She decided not to bring it up at the moment.
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 05:58
The stranger took in Valdae and the others with an almost amused look on his face.

Valdae raised her eyebrow and chuckled softly. Her face turned to the sky above, night was slipping quickly away from them. They would have to find selter from the deadly daylight soon.

Valdae's eyes turned red as memories from a time long ago entered her mind to torture her.

"NO!" Valdae's voice cried out. "You can not do this!" Her hand scraping desperately against the cold stone slab. Tears fell from her eyes spilling the precious moisture of her body.

From outside a man's cold laughter could be heard.

"Good Night my love, die well!" his voice echoed in the cave.

Days, weeks, months... decades slowly dripped by. Valdae had accepted that she would never escape and slipped into dreamless slumber awaiting death. Until the earthquake released her and she awoke. The only thing that fed her mind was hunger, deep painful hunger. After feeding, her next thought was revenge.

Having no desire to return to the cave, she turned to the other and asked, "Do any of you have a place to sleep the day away in?"

[Edited on 2/10/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 12:49
Amber answered them monotonely, as if forced, "I live alone, my mother is away in Romania on business, we can stay in my home, we have a cellar of good size."

Her long blonde hair blew in the night breeze. Her baby blue eyes glistened by the light of the moon. Her skin was medium and her figure beautiful for a girl of only fifteen.
The others agreed that best and followed her to her home, where they slept the day away.
Nostawen~the~archer~girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 01:48
The next evening, Maringa was the first to awake. The sun was just barely under the horizon, its red warmth cooling slowly into the deep purples and blues of the night. This was her favorite time of all. As the first stars began to show themselves the others started to rouse themselves from their diurnal slumbers. "Rest well, fledgeling?" she asked the amlost changed girl after her first day asleep. Without waiting, she continued, "I am going hunting. Would anyone like to join me?"
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2004 05:08
Amber's eyes opened wide as she asked, "Hunting? As in for people? No, I can never do that, ever. What if I never drink blood, what if I live on normally? What then?"

Amber's body trembled with fear of Carver, for the night before plagued her still. He was an evil vampire and if there was a such thing as good vampires, the three others were good, but Carver had them all blinded.

Carver stirred from his slumber and smiled as Amber trembled as he entered her view. He walked to her and touched her arm. He said, "Tonight you are one of us and you feed, do not ask questions silly girl."

Amber whimpered defeatedly. She followed him into the moonlight, terrified of him.

[Edited on 2/11/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 09:56
After decades of slumber Valdae found herself still quite hungry. Her eyes hungrily took in those around her and glittered evilly.

"Hunting sounds quite... lovely." She said as she bared her fangs in softly glowing candlelight. After feeding she would start to think of a plan to find and get revenge on the one who had imprisioned her.

Kneeling down beside the still trembling Amber, Valdae ran her fingers through the girl's hair. "Don't be afraid my little one." And forced Amber to look her in the eyes. Amber's trembling stopped and seemed to become entranced in Valdae's stare. Valdae smiled as the girl opened her mouth and her fangs began to show. "Are you getting hungry my sweet?" Valdae asked. Amber nodded mutely.

Turning to Maringa they all walked into the beautiful night. Valdae looked up at the moon. Yes, revenge, and it will be most sweet...

[Edited on 13/2/2004 by ithillinde]
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 03:55
Amber followed Valdae into the sweet night. The thirst drove her violently. The others found a human, a big man and Valdae took him down and drink till he was almost dry, she offered Amber the rest. Amber drank and her eyes flamed like the fire of Hell, the blood made her feel as if she had just won the Super Bowl in front of the whole world.
She followed the others and Carver offered to share as well, the thirst drove her and she accepted, but still she feared him much.

[Edited on 12/2/2004 by eldir]
Nostawen~the~archer~girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2004 06:18
Maringa had always hunted alone, ambushing her prey from shadow. She was quite wary of hunting more in the open. But then, she had others to help now. She found her own prey, a teen age male with some friends. She looked to him, drawing him to her. Humans were so easily ensnared, and his young blood was sweet. She drank until she was full, but there was still plenty left in him when she was done.
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: February 12, 2004 07:48
The others hid in the shadows as Valdae found a large man walking alone in the forest. She walked passed him and smiled at him over her shoulder. The dim-witted human quickly fell under her power and followed her into the shadows where the other hid. His eyes opened wide in terror as Carver bared his fangs at him.

The human began to run. Valdae seemed to fly more than run after him and after a brief chase she brought him down. She sung her fangs into him quickly to muffle his screams. Soon he became placid as Valdae drank. Then the others had their fill.

Taking Amber by the hand she led her to the man, his eyes now closed but still living. "Drink my little one." she said.

Amber's eyes widened as she drank deeper and deeper. Suddenly Valdae tore her off the human. "Listen young one, listen to the heartbeat, never continue drinking once it has almost stopped, or you shall follow them into death. Remember that."

Turning to Carver, Valdae towered over him, her eyes flashing intense anger. "What was the meaning of frightening my prey?" she demanded and then turned from him.

Anger written all over her face Valdae began to pace back and forth. Maringa came back from hunting her own prey and watched wide-eyed as Valdae fumed.

Valdae didn't seem to notice the others anymore. Suddenly she turned to all of them, her eyes bright red, "Do you swear your alligence to me? And to me alone?!" she demanded.
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2004 12:27
Amber was first to accept. "Yes, I do swear my allegiance to you and you alone."

Carver, however, said to Valdae, "I think it not wise to swear allegiance just yet, but travele with you I will as my little Amber is with you." He chuckled and bit and Amber looked away and deep into the night sky.

Suddenly, she was somewhere else, somewhere different. All humans were in chains and even vampires joined them in their enslavement. Carver and Valdae wore crowns and they were both immune to the sunshine that settled over the scene. Valdae called for a mount home and Amber handed her reins to her horse and bowed to her. Carver mounted and they rode together. Carver said to Valdae, "It is good you saw things my way and I not yours."
Valdae smiled and replied, "Yes, it is. Now we rule all the world and my revenge is settled"

Amber stepped close to Valdae and said, "I have seen something, perhaps of the future. But Carver must not come with us or he will change all the world, forever and you will bow to him and be his queen."

[Edited on 12/2/2004 by CarolP]
Nostawen~the~archer~girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2004 01:13
"I find no reason not to as long as you allow me to handle matters of my own from time to time. On that one condition," Maringa said closing her emrald eyes, "I will swear my alligence to you, Lady Valdae."

Imagev

[Edited on 13/2/2004 by Gilraen]
Aruin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2004 03:16
Aaron looked at Valdae.
The moon light reflecting off of his expressionless pearl white face and evading the black around his eyes and lips.
He nodded at her and made his way down the dark street.

Aaron knew what she was,
He had noticed that she had not let breath,
But then nether had he.
He could also see the age in her eyes and the decades of darkness that had caused her skin to become slightly opaque.

His hand slipped in to his pocket his hands felt the cold silver and pulled it out slipping it on to his right index finger.

The cold of the silver claw subsided quickly.

[Edited on 13/2/2004 by Aruin]

[Edited on 13/2/2004 by eldir]
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: February 14, 2004 11:15
Valdae's anger subsided and the flame diminished in her eyes a bit. Leaning closer into Amber she smiled evilly, "Carver thinks he can overpower me, that I have already seen little one. But he cannot fanthom what he will come up against. Do not worry my little one."

Valdae sat for awhile as the others looked on with inquizitive looks on their faces. Finally she stood, "There is much to do, but for now we will build our strength." They all headed back toward's Amber's house.

As they walked Valdae's attention was drawn toward a darked corner. Motioning for the others to go ahead she walked to the doorway. Standing there was the stranger that they had passed on the street the night before. She seemed drawn to him and as she stood in front of him she shuddered as he drew a silver clawed finger lighty across the skin of her neck.

(ooc- no its not slit )

[Edited on 15/2/2004 by ithillinde]
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2004 04:54
ooc-did someone just slit your throat? Ithillende, i am confused lol

Amber went ahead with the others, but then, out of nowhere, a cloaked figure grabbed her and a cold hand muffled her screams. She kicked and flailed her small body, but the figure overpowered her and carried her to a dark house not far away. They threw her in the doorway and locked the door behind them. The creature waved a hand and fire sprang up in the fireplace and candles everywhere. The voice was that of a man, perhaps a young man, "Little one, I have saved you from the others, the vampires that is."
Amber's voice was small as she replied, "But I'm a vampire too."
The man laughed and then removed his cloak. he was very handsome. he had blone curly hair and cerulean eyes that shone in the dim light. He was tall and muscular and veyr tan.

he motioned for Amber to sit down on a saphirre velvet couch.
She did and he sat beside her, facing her. he then said, "You are a halfling, your path is undecided. Whether you are good or evil will be decided within the next year or so. Many of the creatures you are with are dark, I however, am the Daywalker. My mother was bitten and transforming as she gave birth to me. She died from my birth, but I live on. I have all of the vampire's strength and only one of their weaknesses and that is the thirst. However, I have created an elixer so that I do not need blood. You too could have this life with me."
Amber shook her head and her blonde curls tossed about. then she said still meekly, "But I cannot be in the daylight, I am a regular vampire, not a Daywalker."
"No," he said, "You are wrong. A friend of mine has created an even stronger elixer. You must take it only once, within the first fourty-eight hours of being bitten and you are cured of light sensitivity. However, to do that, you must pledge to stay good, if you turn evil you will die slowly and painfully. I know you are a good person, a good mortal you were and a good immortal you can be, if you let yourself."
Amber smiled a bit and said, "But Valdae is my friend, is she evil? What's your name?"
"My name is Kolby Nightshade. And Valdae, I do not know her, but if you become good, we can find out and we can redeem her."
Amber said, "No, I have sworn my allegiance to her."
Kolby smiled and said, "Then I too will come along and we can see how good or evil she is. And then, you can decide where your loyalties lie, but you must take the elixer tonight, but I will not make you swear to my your allegiance."
Amber said, "Okay."

Kolby gave Amber a green liquid through a syringe in her arm. She shuddered a bit, but then, as the sun rose, she never even blinked. The two snuck out to her house and laid down as if they too were hiding from the light.

ooc-sorry, im a "Blade" fan lol Valdae, i hope ur ok

[Edited on 15/2/2004 by CarolP]
Nostawen~the~archer~girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 01:31
Maringa saw the fledgeling being taken, but Valdae had said nothing as of yet and it wasn't her business. While the others were resting, she could not. Or her mind couldn't. She found a cloak, wrapped herself in it, and went outside into the almost scorching light. As much as she hated it, she needed to think, and she did that best walking around.

[Edited on 18/2/2004 by eldir]
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 06:29
Pulling herself away from him, Valdae started to walk back to the house. Along the way she ran into Maringa.

Valdae motioned for her to come with her into a dark abandoned building.

"Maringa," she said. "I feel something is happening and it is ill for us. I felt it first from Carver, but now I feel something from Amber..."

[Edited on 20/2/2004 by eldir]

(ooc- i updated Valdae's profile along with a bit of the plot i have in mind. check it out here: http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=2478 )

[Edited on 20/2/2004 by ithillinde]
Aruin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 01:59
Valdae approached the dark corner where Aaron stood.
She looked at him with her piercing eyes.
Aaron's eyes flashed as he brought up his right hand and lightly drew his clawed finger lightly across the skin of her neck.
As he did so his top lip lifted slightly, If there had been any light around him it would of brought out the detail of to silver points.
Valdae did not notice as she turned round something else in the room catching her attention.
As she walked away Aaron's hand fell softly to his side.

((Char Data base for Aaron http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=2568))

[Edited on 21/2/2004 by Aruin]

[Edited on 24/2/2004 by Aruin]
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 04:13
Kolby and Amber found Valdae and Maringa. Amber said to them both, as their eyes were inquisitive of the newcomer, "This is my friend, Kolby. He is a vampire as well. He wishes to come with us." The night was fresh just then. Valdae agreed and they all went to hunt. Amber and Kolby, however, pretended to hunt as they did not need blood any longer. They took the elixer and were good for the thirst.

[Edited on 21/2/2004 by CarolP]
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 05:46
Valdae needed to be alone, she left the others and went hunting. She could not shake the senstation of the stranger's touch on her neck. She hunted down a young man, she usually toyed with her prey but this time she lured him into the dark and made quick work of him.

She seemed to float as she made her way into the forest. Sitting upon the stump of a rotting tree she sat and thought about everything.

Memories drifted in and out of her mind, Rath needed to pay for imprisioning her. But now she the start of a coven of her own that she needed to think about. Carver... Carver could pose a threat to the little family she was starting. But this stranger overshadowed every thought that came to her mind. His eyes pierced all her thoughts and memories.

Sighing she started walking back to Amber's house.

As she entered she knew something was wrong. Her eyes targeted onto Kolby and Amber standing together. There was something not right about them.

"What is this?" she asked.

[Edited on 22/2/2004 by eldir]
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 10:55
Amber and Kolby were startled. Kolby hid the vile of elixer before it was noticed. Amber and Kolby were close enough to kiss and so Kolby spoke, "I am sorry, we thought we were alone. We were, well, kissing."
Amber nodded, agreeing with the allaby. Valdae did not seem convinced, but hastily walked into the next room.

She found Carver there, alone. With a flick of his wrist, the door slammed behind her.
Carver walked over calmly to Valdae. He touched her cheek and then ran his finger to her lips. He lifted her chin and kissed her with all he could muster. He pulled away and a tear fell from her eyes, as he said, "Women are not meant to have power. You would do better as my mistress and my trophy than as whatever it is you wish to be."
He ran his hand along her arm and she pulled away. He grabbed her arm tightly and spat, "You had better listen to me or you will pay in the blood of those you care about."
He let go, leaving a purple bruise around her arm. He opened the door and walked out, knowing his duty was done.

[Edited on 23/2/2004 by eldir]
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 05:38
(ooc- slight problem with your post Gynneva... vampires don't bruise )

Valdae wiped her lips visiously with the sleeve of her gown. Her eyes were two red glowing coals, as she stared at the closed door.

"You had better listen to me or you will pay in the blood of those you care about."

She knew that Maringa could take care of herself and Amber seemed to have found a protector in the newcomer.

Her eyes widened... she could not let Carver harm the stranger... Quickly changing her clothes with some that she 'borrowed' earlier she donned a black one piece bodysuit and buckled a silver belt around her waist. Hidden within the intricate silverwork Valdae had placed a small pure silver dagger.

She did not know where Amber's loyalty lay anymore and Valdae had her supistions of what Amber's new friend was. If she was right... if he was a daywalker... she knew how to deal with him. She smiled evilly as she fingered the silver dagger.

Going swiftly out into the night she sought out the stranger.
Gynneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 04:46
ooc-woops, sorry bout that one lol i am a blonde ya kno

IC-
Amber and Kolby walked the night freely with no thought other than eachother and then Kolby spoke, "We are daywalkers and yet we have immortality. Can you imagine that? We have eternity together."
"yes," smiled amber, "eternity.

[Edited on 25/2/2004 by eldir]
Nostawen~the~archer~girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 29, 2004 02:28
While hunting, Maringa saw a slayer, one she knew only too well. He was with some others, and so she didn't dare attack. Instead, she returned to Valdae. She was still hungry, but the Hunger was better than being spotted and killed by a slayer, let alone one she had a record of "competing with." She reported to Valdae what she saw. she thought.
Aruin
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2004 04:08
Aaron left the warmth of the tavern,
The air hit him like a brick wall,
As he pulled his long velvet coat around his slight frame he looked up to the nights sky.
It was clear the stars where pinpricks of pure white to his eyes.

Aaron headed down the street to see what delights this night would bring his way,
He wondered would he see the timeless one again.
He had sensed great anger within her.
It seamed to wain when he reached out to her,
Something of her life before still remained in its shell.

He walked on down a narrow cobbled side ally,
It looked like a dead end but Aaron knew there was at least one way out.
He stepped up to the dull bricked wall and looked up the wall.
Scanning the artificial horizon of the buildings roof tops he saw it.
A small opening about two foot wide about a story and a half from the ground.
It separated the right hand corners adjoining buildings.
Aaron stood in the corner, Crouched and sprung up his fingers grasping the ledge.
He pulled him self up giving him self an added lift where a brick had crumbled away.
He crouched on the edge for a moment looking forward the small walkway was littered with broken glass and went off in a right angle after ten yards.
He walked carefully placing his steps so he didn't stand on the shattered glass.
Aaron looked round the wall and saw that the pathway ended five foot away.
He calmly walked to its ledge and stopped.
Surveying the scene below him.
There was a patch of grass with a well used dirt patch cut in to the soil, The curse of many years of usage
the path lead in to the nearby woods.

Aaron stepped off the ledge and dropped his long coat tails flowing up behind him, He landed on the balls of his feet and took the shock by bending his knees and crouching right down.
His right hand left a scar in the dirt from the silver claw ring on his right index finger.
Aaron gathered himself up and stepped in to the dark woodland.
His eyes quickly became accustomed to the light (or lack of).

He walked on, Before long he came to a clearing in the trees.
At the far side of the clearing he could make out the out line of a caves entrance.
A piece of thick bark ripped from a tree stood almost covering the hole in entirety but still left its dark shadows showing.

[Edited on 1/3/2004 by Aruin]
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: March 01, 2004 05:53
Valdae looked at Maringa, "It is as I suspected." she said through clenched teeth. "Daywalkers, here to slay us..." Her thirst was great this night, but she would not stop until she found either Carver or the stranger.

"Maringa I do not ask you to come with me, for this path I have chosen is dangerous and could led to destruction, but it is the path I must walk." Valdae said with the utmost seriousness in her voice. She turned without looking to see if Maringa was following or not and continued her search.

Valdae went to the place where she had stood with him in the darkness, but he was no longer there. Letting instincts guide her, Valdae followed the stranger's path to a cave. She shuddered as unbidden memories of her imprisionment came to her mind. The deepest part of her did not wish to enter the cave but she had to be sure that Carver had not found him.

Cautiously she entered, her eyes adjusting to the darkness quickly. Slowly she walked, watching for any movement. Softly she called out, "Hello?"

[Edited on 1/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email