I am the autumn rain.
When you awake in evenings hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of bats circling in flight.
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there
I do not sleep."

Came the voice,
It did not sound alive nor did it sound dead it was as if the stone walls where talking them self's.
Valdae froze she didn't like this.

Aaron stepped from the side of the entrance and pulled the bark door shut.
"'Tis all right Timeless One" said Aaron calmly "I mean you no harm"
"But thee is a 'Daywalker', A slayer!" she replied.
"Am I now!" asked Aruin inquizetly "I can assure you if I twas you would be little more than ash by now"
"who are you then?" she asked.
Aaron leant back against the cold stone wall.
"Well, I am not unlike you"
Valdae looked at him curisoely.
"I was born from the dead, I am technically the living dead" He paused "You see i died before i was born, a wise man told my mother that i would be born for greatness"
"I have no need for sleep and i work well with plants"
"Plants!?" She enquired wondering what he ment by this.
"Yes, Plants" he replied not giving anything away easily
"but i also use my mind"
This totally confused her but she posed a question to him anyway "and what is your name then?"
"Names I have many" he replied
"But what can i call you?" she continued,
This was proving more of a challenge that she had expected.
"You can call me Belladonna or Enigma Valdae" He told her.
"How do you know my name?!?" she asked.

[Edited on 1/3/2004 by ithillinde]
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
Post RE: The Blackness of Night
on: March 02, 2004 05:56
"How do you know my name?" she asked cautiously. "Belladonna?" she said slowly, almost as if she was tasting the word. She could see him perfectly in the black air of the cave, as he stood between her and the entrance.

Her heart started to pound in her chest, the walls seemed to be closing in on her. "Die well my love." echoed in the dark recesses of her mind. She had to get out of there and get out now. She took a couple of steps to try to circle around him but for every step she took, he would take one to remain in her way.

Fear and thrist grew within her, becoming unbearable; her fangs bared she lunged at him, uttering a blood-curdling shreik. He showed no fear as she made to grab him, he deftly caught her gently around the throat with his hand; the one with the silver clawed finger. He calmly held her by the throat, looking at her intently.

Her hands flew up to her throat in an attempt to rip his hand from her, but as she looked into his calm, peaceful eyes, she felt soothing engulfing her like a bank of fog. The wild look in her eyes disappeared as she relaxed in his grasp, she forgot about her fear and thrist as she became lost in his eyes. An enternity seemed to pass by as they stood there.

Valdae pulled away slightly, as she remembered why she had been searching for him in the first place. She opened her mouth to speak, her fangs no longer visable, but she found no words would come forth from her mouth as Belladonna caressed her cheek with his other hand, still looking into her eyes with the same intensity.

Gently taking both his hands, she pulled them away from her, shaking her head, "Please you must listen to me..."
Nostawen~the~archer~girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2004 01:58
Maringa followed only to the cave. She didn't enter. She only waited quietly as things played out. Actually, she enjoyed being on the outside just watching or listening. She was used to it, the way she grew up.

(There are a lot of daywalking vampires here. Plus, I want to know if Belladonna could be Maringa's brother? The 'other like herself,' if I remember my own words.)

[Edited on 3/3/2004 by Gilraen]
ithillinde
Creator of Reality
Send Message
on: March 09, 2004 07:24
(ooc- I don't know if Gynneva is going to post anymore so I'll just introduce the Vampire that entombed Valdae. Gynneva if you want to keep up Craver and Amber go right ahead )

"Please you must listen to me..." Valdae said.

Outside a dark shadow passed Maringa.

Suddenly Valdae turned away from Belladonna, her eyes once more red. "He is here..." she whispered. Breaking away from him, she ran outside.

"Come out you cowardly snake!" she yelled into the night air.

From out of the shadows stepped another vampire. He was tall and of medium build, his short brown hair stirred little in the evening breeze and his eyes were two cold, spheres of blue ice.

"Ah Valdae, my love, I see you are as beautiful as ever; and I also see your taste in companions has dropped considerablly." He said in a tone of mock pleasantry.

Not looking behind her, she said over her shoulder to Belldonna who standing in the mouth of the cave behind her, "That is Raith, the one who made me, the one who tried to kill me..." Her eyes narrowed in anger.

Raith turned away from Valdae and looked Maringa over. "You could take her place at my side." He said leeringly. Then turning his attention to Belldonna, Raith said, "And who are you? Don't you know you should not touch something that does not belong to you?"
Nostawen~the~archer~girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2004 04:12
Maringa thought to Raith calmly, although she didn't know why she wasn't afraid at all.

[Edited on 15/3/2004 by CarolP]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email