Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
~Arwen~
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Grey Havens - Why do we cry?
on: September 05, 2004 12:27
You only start crying at the Grey Havens? I'm balling all the way through the coronation.

me tooo!!!!! when Aragorn says "my friends...you bow to noone! I start crying RIGHT THERE, I CANT HELP IT! just...the scene, the wiev from the top (the photography...dddaaammmmmnnn...), and EVERY single person bows, that is just breath taking! (hell, I can even tell what part is it in the ROTK song, in the soundtrack, and I even cry while listening to it )

I cried in Sam's wedding (awwww :love: ), I cried again when Sam and the others cry cuz Frodo has to go, cuz I was like "wow....the trilogy is REALLY over.."*sniff*
jpimentel91
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2004 05:12
i think that just the fact of thinking that people will never have the life they wanted is sad and the fact that frodo had to leave because his mind was screwed up. :sob: but thats my reason at least.
jessie
frodo and legolas
MirkwoodsArcher
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2004 05:55
I dont think there was a dry eye in the cinema when I went to any of the three parts

:cry:
mírfain
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2004 08:53
I cry cos it's so sad that they'll never see each other again! (exept of sam...) I hate farewell, we'll never meet again- scenes!
hopelovesEWLotr
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2005 08:54
I cry at the Grey Havens because when I am reading Lotr I feel like I'm there with them and to see them leaving, it feels like I'm not gonna see them again and it kills me

Hope
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2005 10:42
I cried first of all, because it felt like Frodo was dying and going to heaven or something. Ok, I know he's not dead or anything, but "haven" reminded me of "heaven" and that's my own personal view...

Also because Merry, Pippin, and Sam were crying...

And Galadriel, Elrond(Ok, I don't care that much about Mr. Eyebrow Eggplant Grumpyhead until that part), and Gandalf are leaving too.

And it's the end of the movie/book....I mean who wants it to end?

Oh, and I was happy for Frodo...sorta.
~Aiwë~
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2005 12:58
I don't cry easily. It takes a lot for me to cry but at the coronation, when Aragorn says "You bow to no one" I just bawled. And when the hobbits say goodbye to Gandalf and Frodo, I cried so hard. It was sad because they had to say goodbye, and at the time, Sam knew he was never going to see Frodo again (but in the end, he did) And it was also sad because it was end of the journey and the fellowship...no more LOTR movies! :sob: :sob:
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: May 30, 2005 02:09
I first cried when Frodo said to Sam "Go home, Sam." I satarted crying. :cry: Also in Merry and Pippin's meeting in the Pelenor Fields.I also cried during the coronation and in the Grey Havens. :cry: After that, as I watch the RotK over and over again, I didn't cry again...:heart:
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2005 02:04
Let's face it...we're bawling people when we watch the movies. I cried when Gollum died, ok? :blush:

Yeah...*Feels embarassed*
sairina_star
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 31, 2005 08:11
I cry all the time when I see them leave. I cry because it's such a beautiful sight and you know that this is the...end. It hurts a lot knowing that the next year you won't be looking forward to coming to the movie theaters to see another production of Jackson.

Also, it seems that I have grown a bond with the books and movies. Seeing these characters leave Middle Earth behind is a thing that gets your heart. It feels like you are also being left behind.

The Grey Havens is a beautiful part of the RotK.
novarya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2005 01:45
Its sad, after reading all the books or watching the movies if you get into it, it feels like you become a part of the story itself and the grey havens is the end. The story is done. We know Aragorn and Arwen are going to die, we know no one will see each other again, and its sad that Frodo is leaving, forever to go somewhere far better. They were all part of something, a bigger fellowship than the fellowship of the ring, its the ultimate breaking of the fellowship and the end of an amazing story
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2005 02:34
I watched the Two Towers again..and Elrond was telling Arwen about dying and I started crying...great.
TinaHalfelven
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2005 03:42
I cried because it was all over, all those 9 hours I had spent, all those emotions I had felt, were ending. Also, his smile was so beautiful. :cry: I kept on crying for a whole 1/2 hour because I started thinking about it and every time I thought about the line "For Frodo" I wanted to burst into tears but I was already crying so it didn't matter. o_0 Also, I cried because I thought of one of my friends going away forever like that and it made me sad.
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2005 04:08
Now all you people (And me) talking about crying makes me want to cry.
fbc
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2005 04:34
I liked it too.
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2005 11:15
The first time I saw ROTK, I felt like crying, but I didn't. One time I started crying when I listened to "Into the West" on my ROTK Soundtrack. Has anyone ever done that?
Varda_of_the_Valar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2005 11:48
Yeah I've been balling through this entire movie already... haha!

But anyway, I cry b/c its sad that he's leaving his friends behind and they'll never see him again. It's as if he died... well to the hobbits anyway, they won't be seeing him again. I suppose its better than him dying, b/c he'll be at peace but the concept is similar.

Yea omg me too! It's soo sad that they won't see eachother again.. And I keep thinking, but *why* does he have to leave?? :cry:
Varda_of_the_Valar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2005 12:01
I cry cos it's so sad that they'll never see each other again! (exept of sam...)

Yea about that, can someone please explain that to me? Coz I've read the books like twice and I can't remember reading anything about Sam and Frodo meeting up again..

If you mean after they die, won't Frodo see Merry and Pippin as well??

This is confusing! :cry:
Nefhiriel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 02, 2005 12:05
There are so many things you could cry about, from the coronation all the way to the end... But I think it makes me cry most of all just because it's so extremely happy! It always makes me tear-up when Legolas comes up to Aragorn smiling so light-heartedly...and then Aragorn and Arwen...and then the beautiful scene at the Havens... If it had to end, what a way to do it

[Edited on 2/6/2005 by Nefhiriel]
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2005 07:01
Middle Earth will never see the full beauty of the Elves again, or so it seems. Friends are being seperated, left to live their lives apart. But a new era is born; happier, more peaceful.
They are the reasons I cried the first few times I saw the Grey Haven scene
Varda_of_the_Valar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2005 05:08
I would *really* appreciate it if someone can answer my question, i'm gettign desperate now..lol!
Nienna-of-the-Valar
Loremaster of the Edain
Send Message
on: June 04, 2005 08:07
In the books, in the appendices (I think?), it says that it is held by Sam's family that he also went over sea from the Grey Havens into the West and may in the end have made it to Tol Eressëa, as Frodo did.
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2005 10:07
Yeah I've been balling through this entire movie already... haha!

But anyway, I cry b/c its sad that he's leaving his friends behind and they'll never see him again. It's as if he died... well to the hobbits anyway, they won't be seeing him again. I suppose its better than him dying, b/c he'll be at peace but the concept is similar.

Yea omg me too! It's soo sad that they won't see eachother again.. And I keep thinking, but *why* does he have to leave?? :cry:

I believe that he had to leave because he was a ringbearer and because he had wounds that didn't heal. Like, Shelob's wounds and the stabbing from Weathertop.
Varda_of_the_Valar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2005 02:49
In the books, in the appendices (I think?), it says that it is held by Sam's family that he also went over sea from the Grey Havens into the West and may in the end have made it to Tol Eressëa, as Frodo did.

Either I've never noticed that.. or I've totally forgotten about it! lol.. I thought it was only Legolas and Gimli who sail away later on..

Thanks for that Nienna-of-the-Valar and also Failië!

Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2005 03:14
Your welcome.

But like Gimli, we're not sure Sam actually got there...or went.

But I like to believe they did..even if it's sad.
Varda_of_the_Valar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 06:51
Well if we're not sure... then I'll just think to myself: 'There's still that little chance that he did go.. '... make myself feel happier! lol!
Strider8
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 07:52
Why did i cry ??...well, first because Frodo leaves forever, it's like death, there's no coming back. He leaves the Shire, his friends, and we know he won't see them again.
But I also cry everytime because I know, when this scene at the havens comes, that the story's over. All the Lotr story, nine hours movie or 1000 pages in the books, are ending.
When I saw RotK for the 1st time, I thought "well, I've been waiting for this film for a whole year, and now it's over. no sequel, it's the end." WHY DOES IT HAVE TO END ??
Can't it last forever ?
You know, every time I watch the DVD of RotK, After the end, I have to come back to the middle of the film and watch a few minutes from there, because I just cannot think that I have finished Lotr.... It's so sad.
jedi_eowyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2005 08:08
I cry because I think oh no, it is over, and I never had a chance to be apart of it, the movies, the book, and then you realize that you have to live in reality, and then I have to do my normal (boring, earthly) routine.

I am no man. -eowyn
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2005 10:54
OMG! You feel that way, too, jedi_eowyn? I thought I was the only one who felt like that! One time I was watching ROTK and Frodo and Sam were running out of Mt. Doom and I'm like "Why can't my life be like that?"
fbc
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2005 11:33
I thought the acting was really good in this scene. The music helped too. I think it's because of that the tears come.
hobbitnamedeliza
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2005 06:34
I cry for Sam, mostly. He's a happy family-hobbit and he knows he cannot go right then, but Oh, the pain of seeing Frodo leave! Not knowing when, if ever, they will meet again, I know how broken his heart feels at that moment. He would have done anything to make it different, but it isn't within his power. What sorrow to know you could not help your friend no matter how much you wanted to, and after they'd been though so much together.

And I cry for Frodo as well. In his heart, he knows that this is the only way...and he knows Sam will be better off not having to worry about him and will be happy with his family. But, how hard it must have been to meet the eyes of the person who had risked everything, dared everything, and literally carried you through the worst experience imaginable. Frodo's heart is breaking as well, just hoping Sam can understand someday why he has to leave and what it is costing him.

[Edited on 20/6/2005 by hobbitnamedeliza]
MerryandPip
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2005 04:23
WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email