Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
Post Kaliander: The Light inside your heart (pm to join,see ooc)
on: February 12, 2004 05:57
The sunlight glistened on the dew covered grass, onot a cloud was in the sky and not a care in the mind of Kalianders common folk.
But not all are normal............
Lumos callapsed in a heap,the pain that flooded through his entire body almost unbearable. His silver white hair desheveled and his glistening wings,as white as drifted snow, were stained red with his own blood.
"Not good,this area is too heavily populated walk out like this. As if I needed any more pain." He said to himself with a sigh.
Hiding his wings always hurt him,he didn't know why. But its better to deal with the pain than to end up dead at the hands of supersitious villigers.
"Hopefully I don't run into any shadows."
His wings finally hidden the pain sent him crashing to his knees.
"Almost to the road,I have to make it. Must not... Fall into....Shadow............" Lumos callapses against a oak tree by the road all the time shadows drawing ever closer to hindering his ever so important quest to save Kaliander from the shadow plane.
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Kaliander: The Light inside your heart (pm to join,see ooc)
on: February 12, 2004 08:36
A hooded figure wandered through the ancient Forest,the forest was very old as it`s name suggested. A musty damp scent clung in the air, and the trees had grown so high, it would have almost been impossible to tell night or day, save the faint beams of light that shone through whatever gap they could find between the thick leaves.
But the person seemed to know where he or she was going and tread through the floor of the forest with confidense.
After several minutes an opening could be seen, the end of the woods. With a sigh of what must have been relief, stepped out onto the road.

Blinking at the brightness of the sun, he/she started to follow the path. But paused before very long at the sight of a man, resting beneath a tree. Cautiously, and making sure the hood had the face well hidden, the figure crept nearer to take a closer look.

[Edited on 12/2/2004 by Star_of_Earendil]

[Edited on 12/2/2004 by CarolP]
hiryu
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2004 02:39
from a distance the one named eleanthor saw the walker fall and slowly crept forward seeing his chance!

[Edited on 14/2/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2004 03:38
((YAY! My character's name is Rhea and she's going to be in the DB soon... LadyElrinda aid I could join, btw. ))

Rhea walked along, humming softly to herself. She had gone out for a walk in the morning and had stopped by a friend's house, and was now heading back home. It was then that she saw a man sitting by a tree... she wouldn't have thought this odd, but as she got closer, she could see he looked as though he had just run a great distance... and was that blood? She approached him cautiously.

"Sir... are you alright?" she asked, not sure what to expect.
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2004 07:25
Talim,A fairy of the Ancient Forest, was trying to find a good clearing so that her young griffin Colton, who was walking beside her, can leard to control his thunder powers. She came to a clearing not too close to Lumos.
"Alright Colton, you see this small tree right here (points at a small tree next to her, but this tree was only a illusion.) Try to use your Thunder powers to split it in half."
Colton focused as much as he can. He descovered his power's only about a week ago, so this was challenging for him. His eyes turned blue as a lighting bolt struck down, but not on the illusion. Instead, Talim heard a cry of a man that has just been struck by lightning. Colton was getting scared.
"Come on, Colton!"
Talim followed the noise and found a man lying on the ground, and a girl. The misfired lightning bolt hit the wounded man and he was now awakened. Talim approached him cautiously while Colton tried to hide behind a tree.
"I'm sorry, Colton didn't mean to.... Here, let me help you."
Her Opal eyes started to glow as she was chanting her spell.
"HEALING WIND!"
A gust of wind surrounded Lumos. The injury from the lightning strike healed quickly, but some of his other wounds took a little longer. When the gust of wind had blown away most of his wounds, Talim helped him up. Seeing that everything was alright now, Colton came out of hiding and smiled at him.
(finally noticing Rhea.) "Oh hello! Who are you? (turned to Lumos)And who are you?"
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2004 07:53
"My name is Rhea," she said shyly, slightly frightened and still unsure of what had just happened. Water was the prominent element in her family and never before had she witnessed a wind-healing. Truthfully, it frightened her a bit. She stood up and brushed herself off, waiting for the man to answer the stranger.

[Edited on 13/2/2004 by eldir]
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2004 06:20
Iris was surprised to see that so many had gathered, in such a short time. Not to mention the unexpected lightning on such a fine day. Suddenly suspitious of the group, Iris crept, keeping to the shadows of the trees, with a hand on the sword that hung hidden in the fold of the cloak, hoping to get close enough to atleast hear their conversation.
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2004 07:37
"I am called Lumos, thank you for your help fair lady." he said to Talim,brushing the dirt off his white robe and bowing deeply.
"And I thank thee also Miss Rhea. I'll be fine now,most of my wounds have healed,those that haven't are unavoidable." he said to her with a cheerful smile. The gem on his wrist suddenly pulsated with energy. 'Odd,its never done that before. unless.....'
The gem burst out of his wrist and positioned itself in the palm of his hand,the crystal shone the multicolors of the rainbow. A thin blue beam fell on Rhea's forehead amd illuminated the symbol of the water chosen on her brow.
"Most honorable lady,you are the chosen of water,who may save Kaliander in the days to come." He gasped astonished as the blue light faded only to become a very light green and resting on the other womans forehead.
"What is your name miss? For you are the chosen of wind,the prophecy is almost complete!"
'One from nature,the earths chosen child
One from wind, bearing healing in their hands
One from fire,burning with untold might
One from water,whose powers are hidden but noble as all the others.
Four together to bring about salvation.
The Fifth from the heavens to guide them on their way.
The Sixth to hind and destroy all hope.'
'I am the fifth,I've now found the second and the fourth. ' Lumos thought to himself recalling the words spoken to him by his mother.
'The shadows are getting ever stronger,I must find the Elementalist Laidrea.'
Turning back to talk to Rhea and Talim he said.
"Will you join me to save the world from shadow?" The gem sunk back into his wrist with a sharp pain.
"Ouch." the gems always hurt when to had to hid itself,there should have been an easier way, but this way it can't be stolen. It was the only clue he had to finding Laidrea.

Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2004 09:28
Iris never liked to spy on anyone, she hated the idea of being hidden, unless she considered it to be her safest option. As she got nearer, she heard the man introduce himself, and then recite lines. Lines that seemed to nag at her in the back of her mind, that she thought she had somehow come across before, but couldn`t remember where or when.

It was as he mentioned the elementalist that Iris remembered. The lines had been written in a book, one of those few that had survived the ages, the one which she was forbidden to see, the one she had read on the day her mother...

Noticing that her vision had gone slightly blurrly, she shook those thoughts aside and stood up, straightening herself. A bit too vigorously, as it turned out. The next moment she knew,she was back on the leaf-lined floor,seeming to have trod on the hem of her cloak, with a loud thud. Cursing, she got off the ground. Surely that would have drawn attention to herself...

[Edited on 14/2/2004 by Gilraen]

[Edited on 14/2/2004 by Star_of_Earendil]
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2004 08:45
Rhea cocked her head.

"Laidrea. Laidrea... Laidrea..." she repeated the name to herself in an attempt to jog her memory. "I've heard of her, but I can't remember who..."

A crash sounded from the brush nearby and Rhea started. The others stepped forward, and she did as well, though keeping a bit behind. She would let one of them do the talking.

[Edited on 14/2/2004 by CarolP]
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2004 03:52
Crouching low behind the bushes, Iris sought for a mean of escape. Finding none, she considered the very disadvantaged position she was in, out numbered and no possible escape route.
For a moment, her hand hovered above her pouch that hung just around her waist, but instead, she drew her sword and prepared herself for the worst.

((ooc: Just to let you know that Iris is not a enemy, thanks ))

[Edited on 15/2/2004 by Star_of_Earendil]

[Edited on 15/2/2004 by Star_of_Earendil]

[Edited on 15/2/2004 by CarolP]
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2004 10:28
"What was that?" Lumos said in a paniced voice scanning the bushes befind them.
'Hopefully not shadows.'he thought.
The gem in his wrist was reacting again,a dark green beam shot out of it ,pointing into the forest.
"Hello,is anyone there?" he asks calmly into the darkness.
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2004 01:20
"Hello, is anyone there?" came a voice, obviously the mans.
She knew that the shadows of the trees kept her well hidden, but pulled her hood to it`s furthest anyway, for she did not want to be seen just yet, and spoke clearly, "Yes, but before I introduce myself, Tell me, Who are you all, and what is your purpose here?"

[Edited on 16/2/2004 by eldir]

[Edited on 16/2/2004 by Star_of_Earendil]
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 09:53
Talim thought that Colton would be frightened of everything that's happening, so she held onto him, but the little griffin(he's not that little, but small for a griffin) was curious. Talim tried to stop him from following the light, but he ran to Iris anyway. At first, he was scared of her becuase she had her sword drawn, but that quickly passes as he walked up to her and smiled. "Hi!"

Back with the others, Talim watched Colton closely, hoping he won't get hurt.
"Colton! Get back here! That person could be dangerous!"

[Edited on 16/2/2004 by Arokh]
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 01:24
Iris steadied her hands and tighted her grip on the sword as she heard someone, or something, draw nearer. She stared harder into the bushes, hoping to get a glimpse of whatever was approaching, before it saw her.
She almost laughed with relief when she saw that it was a young griffin. She knew them well, growing up in a village of many passing travellers. "What are you doing here, little one?" she spoke softly as she sheathed her sword, and reached out to pat the creatures head.
Deciding that it wasn`t worth staying in the shadows, Iris stepped out on to the open road, leading the griffin with her. Then with a hooded face, gazed at each of them in turn. They didn`t look as if they would be from the shadows, but who knew these days? And even if they weren`t shadows, they could be wicked people anyway.
"Who are you, And why are you here?" she repeated, breaking the silence, and her hand wavering over her bag yet again.

[Edited on 17/2/2004 by CarolP]
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 05:52
"I am called Lumos,and I am here because I am traveling to the nearest city. Who are you?" He said clasping his hand over the gem that was now glowing radiantly in his palm.
'Of all the times to react this has to be the worst.' he thought to himself trying to get the gem back to its dormant state.
"Be still,your drawing to much attention to your self." he hissed to it ,sending the semi intelligent magical crystal plunging back into his wrist.

[Edited on 17/2/2004 by Gilraen]
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 09:27
She paused, looking at the man's, Lumos', wrist which seemed to be giving off a faint green glow. Something nudged her at the back of her mind again; the light...where could she have come across something like that?
The Griffin, who had stayed behind her all this time, started to shuffle, as if determined not be ignored. Iris smiled at this, and pulling her hood down, she said "My name is Iris, I trust that this Griffin belongs to one of you?"
hiryu
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 09:37
At that moment elrandor, who had also been on the trees chose to strike, in one hand he held his trusty and powerful moon sword and in the other a burning globe of fire, "burn" he yelled and he surged forward!
hiryu
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 10:07
Elreanthor immeditaly summons his fire panther in the middle of his leap, it slams into lumos pinning him to a tree and revealing his wings, then puts his sword to lumos's throat and says, "give me the jem willingly or die quickly at the point of my sword!"
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 11:27
Alarmed at the sudden attack, Iris drew her sword and the next moment the blade was touching the unguarded back of the attacker. "Who might you be, and why threaten this man? He has done nothing. Hurt him, and i shall be forced to slay you!" Iris practically screamed the last few words, perhaps she was just slightly scared...
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 01:47
The fire panther hit him like a ton of bricks,sending him flying into a tree. The force of the collision hitting the nerve in his back that could pop his wings out from hiding.
The flames of the fire panther burned even worse than his last battle with shadows.
"I know not what you speak of." Lumos says to the elf,the silver blade still dangerously close to neck.
"You know exactly what I speak of neraphim." the elf snarls lightly cutting into Lumos's skin. Thin drops of blood ran down his neck staining his white robe.
"Now that they know what you are,do you think they will protect you?" he whispers his voice full of malice.
In a split second Iris's blade was at the attackers neck.
"Who might you be,and why threaten this man?" The woman called Iris said her voice quivering with anger or fear.
'At least someone cares,but does she know what I am or does she not care.' Lumos thought as he was pinned powerless to stop his attacker with his own strength.
'Darkness must not get the gem,I have a spell that might work.' he thought his voice dropping down to a whisper. The words he spoke were in an ancient language,taught to him by his father, he only used light magic when there was no other choice.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 01:49
Rhea, who had been watching all the unfolding events from what she hoped was a safe distance, suddenly felt a surge of anger. She lept forward so she stooed by Iris, her normally calm, kind brown eyes now a vibrant blue. She was silent, though she shook with rage at the thought of the attacker hurting someone who hadn't done a thing to harm him.

Of all the abilities she might have, she only knew one way to attack people- with a sudden rush of water that seemed to come rapidly from nowhere and dissappear just as fast. In fact it only came when she was extremely angry, was very deadly, and she had little training with it thus little control. She struggled to keep from killing the man herself while she waited to hear his reasoning.

[Edited on 18/2/2004 by eldir]
hiryu
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2004 08:55
Sensing that everyone was questioning his reasons , eleanthor, lowered his plade and called off his fire panther. "The reason i attack this man is purely in interest tof the money his arm will bring me and my family, and also the senso of lurking danger surrounding him." As he said this he sheathed his moon sword and drew his magic to him.
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2004 10:06
Still keeping her eye on the man with the panther, Iris ran to Lumos, who lay on the ground near the tree, again. Getting her bag out she busied herself with the herbs and plants, that was often used by healers who knew of the ancient methods, to atleast stop the blood dripping from Lumos' neck.
He hand paused slightly as she saw what Lumos had tried so hard to hide, but got on with cleaning the wound anyway.
It was when she was satisfied with her work, that she first noticed the crystal in the man's wrist was the source of the green light that she saw earlier, as it was glowing again.
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2004 10:17
"They all ready have a bounty out on me. Who hired you?" Lumos said to the elf.
As Iris started to bandage his cut,small though it was, it put him at peace. But he was astonished that there were any folk left in Kaliander that would help a half angel.
"Thank you for your help Lady Iris,it is good to have a friend now that my secret is revealed. Yes,I am not a ful blooded human,my father was an angel. He abandoned my mother when I was 5." he said to her quietly,the tears of anger building up in his eyes at the mention of his father.

[Edited on 19/2/2004 by CarolP]
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2004 04:24
'a half angel...'
Talim stepped back from the group to think. She was thinking back to when she was a small child, when her mother was telling her about angels and demons...
young Talim"Mommy, what are angels and demons?"
Mother"Meddlers! Angels and demons are not from this world. Angels are from the light plane and demons are from the dark plane. A long time ago there was a war between the two, and they fought their war in this world. Fairy's and other races of this world were cought in the middle of it and we fought to protect this world and keep the balance between good and evil.
Talims mother looked at her straight in the eye
"Remember Talim, never get involved with angels or demons, they will only bring you death!"

Talim never understood what her parents were trying to tell her. When she got a little older, she didn't want to understand. She became rebellious and left home at an early age. As she was watching Colton smiling at the new people, exept for Eleanthor, the more she thought that whatever kind of trouble Lumos is in, they should help him. Talim stroked Coltons golden feathers.
"You don't just have A friend, you got me too! And you!"giving the evil eye to Eleanthor "Money is no reason to kill someone! What kind of a cold-hearted, sick person are you!"
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2004 05:24
Rhea looked to the others uncertainly. Now that she had heard of what Lumos was, she was confused.

"Angel?" she repeated softly.

[Edited on 19/2/2004 by eldir]
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 05:24
Iris felt pity for Lumos, it wasn`t his choise that he was born half angel, yet some despited him for being one. She knew some people of her village would have been the first, they disliked difference and would not have excepted it.
That was why it had been so easy for her to leave the place, for she had no family, nor friends there... Unaware of what was going on, Iris stood, lost in her own thoughts.

[Edited on 19/2/2004 by Star_of_Earendil]
hiryu
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 08:46
"The reason that I would kill for money is to save the life of my son. He is caught in a deadly illness and the doctors fee was too much so I took this job, though I think you'l not blame me too much. The name of the one who hired me was dragardaros!" Said eleanthor and he let his magic return.
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 09:45
"Dragardos! But he usually doesn't work on his own,he's usually with...." Lumos exclaimed pauesing only because a delicate yet cold hand brushed through his silky hair from behind,setting his on edge beacuse he knew to whom it belonged to.
"Me." her delicate voice cooed from the darkness.
"Theona,I should have known."
"Something wrong Lumos? Another foe?" the fairy Talim whispered softly in his ear.
He stood up and released his wings to their full length. His hands were gripped tightly on his staff,battle ready.
"Go,take the others with you." he says to her." This foe is beyond most of you." The young woman's eyes shone with a quizical puzzled gaze. Her soft silver eyes were mezmerizing and it pained his to avert his gaze to Theona.
"Just go. Please,I'll be fine." he beckoned,turning his attention to the leather clad female in the darkness.
"Shadow you shall not survive to see tommorrows sunrise if you challenge me today,If you wish to live leave." He said but not in a common tongue,his voice was lirical,almost heavenly.
'I can't do anything with the others around,she might kill them.' he thought.
"Silly boy,I only come to warn you that if you do not give up the gem,Alcander himself will kill you." Theona replies in the same language.
"You don't need to lose your life,think about it." She says in the common language,caressing his cheek with her long slender fingers.
"Because next time,I won't be so gentle." She walks away,melting back into the darkness,leaving the groupalone with an uneathly silence.
Lumos was frozen with fear,Theona was a strong shadow magician, the powerful threads of it still lingered on his cheek. Like a single frosted leaf on a beautiful spring morning.
He looked to the others,trying to figure out their reactions to Theona.

[Edited on 20/2/2004 by Gilraen]
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 05:37
Before her question could be answered, another being appeared next to Lumos- but it seemed as soon as she appeared she was gone.

"I don't like her," Rhea whispered, shuddering as a shiver ran up her spine.

[Edited on 20/2/2004 by eldir]
hiryu
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 09:12
"hey how did get here?" Intoned eleanthor with a questoning look.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 09:58
((Hey all... I'm leaving for the weekend. Have fun! (If I already told you this, then whoops... :blush: )))

[Edited on 20/2/2004 by CarolP]
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 04:20
The presence of Theona made Talim shiver, but there was something about Theona that also possesed her, or maybe, it was just that she was from the shadows. Talim has been near shadows and demons before, and each time her eyes would turn black and she felt like the shadows were taking over her, but nobody ever noticed but Talim. Luckly, she wasn't here for very long, and nobody noticed Talim's black eyes. 'ok...calm down Talim, everythings ok. When Theona left, Talim went up to Lumos, Colton following behind, and spoke with her cheery, sweet voice.

"Well, she's not very nice. Do we get to kill her later?"

[Edited on 21/2/2004 by CarolP]
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 06:30
The air itself seemed to have frozen, to Iris atleast. She didn`t like the shadow woman, it made her feel cold-inside and out. The darkness of the stranger seemed to have been too much to bear, and Iris found herself sat down on the road, shuddering a little.
She looked up to see that the people around her must have felt the same, as everyone looked grave, apart from the fairy, who was one of the first to recover from the apparence of the unknown person.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email