Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Kaliander: The Light inside your heart (pm to join,see ooc)
on: February 21, 2004 10:17
Of everyone there Iris seemed to be affected the most.
"Are you alright?" Lumos asked gentlely placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.
"You also must have dealt with the shadows before,to get this bad of a reaction. I don't think any of the others could feel her power." He said in a hushed voice.
The gem on his wrist came out,shining dark dreen and dancing about in his palm.
'She is one of us Lumos,I like her.' it says merrily to him
" She likes you." he tells Iris happily as the gem hovers peacefully in Iris's lap.
"Strange,it never done that before, but then again she's always had an attraction to those with an earth gift."
'Chosen of earth you arefair maiden,one who will save the world perhaps?' the gem spoke to Iris in a motherly voice,sweet yet rich and powerful.
A puzzled look came across Iris's face.
"Something wrong?"
"It,she ...spoke to me." Iris replied astonished at what had occured.
'You spoke to her? But I thought you could only communicate with your current guardian.' Lumos asked the crystal with amazement.
' All gems come from the earth,even I young one,my connection with her is almost as strong as ours. If you fall,she will inherit me.'
'You have seen my future?'
'I have seen what may come to pass ,not all is set in stone,my visions are more like ripples in a pond,unstable. The shadow aura is almost gone,we should get going.'
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 10:50
Everyone there seemed overwhelmed with all that has just happened. It's not everyday that a half-angel shines some wierd light on your forehead and askes you to help save the world, Talim thought, but she seemed unusually calm about it. She remembered that all of her 'adventure gear' is at home, and she needs to get it before she goes anywhere.

"Um, Lumos. I need to get some stuff before I go on any adventure, so I need to know where I can try to find you once I'm done."

[Edited on 21/2/2004 by CarolP]
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 05:08
Lumos turned to answer Talims question.
"It might be too dangerous to travel alone,I'll come with you,if you don't mind."
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 07:56
Talim tried to think about how to respond.

"Actually, It's just in this forest. I've lived here for years now, and besides, nobody else here will be welcomed to where my home is anyway, and if you waited here until I returned, then you might be waiting here for a long time. I just need to know if your going to a town, or somewhere where I can try to find you again once I'm done. Is that alright with you?"

(I'll explain later, but where Talim is going, she has to go alone. I added the history section of my caracters profile, so you can read the last part of that and it'll explain why she has to go back home alone to get her stuff.)

[Edited on 22/2/2004 by Arokh]

[Edited on 22/2/2004 by eldir]
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 11:53
"dealt with the shadows before" Lumos`s voice rang in her head. Iris had come across the demons before, but she would rather have forgotten about that time. She almost had, never completely, but enough to keep herself going. Until the woman came. She had reminded Iris of the shadows, and the chill it brought with it, as well as the sharp memorys of loneliness, and loss...

The shining crystal was a surprise altogether. Not only had it started to shine again, but spoke to her. She recalled what had been said to her. "Chosen of the Earth" ? Whatever that meant, one thing was for sure. They knew of her powers, and had...accepted it. Something no one had done in a long time, since her parents.

Feeling considerably warmer inside, Iris stood up, straightening her cloak and sword. Then hearing Talim talk about adventure, she faced Lumos and said
"I shall give whatever help i can give to find the Elementalist you spoke of, and am willing to fight the shadows" then she smiled weakly
"What you said was true. I have come across them before, and must face them yet again. This time not only them, but my past also"

((ooc: hiya! um... Iris is in the Database, but i havn't written her history...yet. That will come in the near future, just to let you know! ))

[Edited on 22/2/2004 by Star_of_Earendil]

[Edited on 23/2/2004 by eldir]

[Edited on 23/2/2004 by Star_of_Earendil]
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 05:56
"And you shall not be alone in your fight,but don't let your past overwhelm you to the point of falling into darkness. Any time you need someone to talk too,I'll be here." he said to Iris in a friendly voice. He cared about people feelings and didn't want her to feel alone.

[Edited on 24/2/2004 by eldir]
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 12:23
"Thank you, Lumos" She said, almost a whisper,looking down not being used to the kindness of others. Feeling awkward now Iris looked at Lumos yet again and smiled, before walking away in the direction of where Rhea and the man with the fire panthar stood.

[Edited on 24/2/2004 by Star_of_Earendil]
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 02:44
Rhea saw the woman approach her, an odd expression on her face.

"You're Iris, right?" she asked softly. "Is something wrong?"

[Edited on 25/2/2004 by eldir]
hiryu
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 09:09
"Why are you all suspicious of me, I told you the reason that I did what I did and I thought you accepted it!" yelled eleanthor in an angry voice!
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 11:21
"Yes, I am Iris, nice to meet you,and...you are Rhea?" She said shaking Rhea`s hand, "and thank you, but nothings wrong" she answered after a pause, attemting a smile to prove it so.
Then Iris turned to look at the man with a puzzled expression on her face, but the man seemed to have taken it the wrong way, as he yelled at them all.
"We`re not suspitious of you...but just that we don`t know who you are, you havn`t said, but what you did is now a thing of the past, now speak, would you be a friend...or foe?"
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2004 05:48
Talim was getting irritated. Lumos just completely ignored her. Before Talim goes back home to get her stuff, she needs to know where they are going. Taking the group with her is not an option becuase where she's from, no human, elf, dwarf, or any of the races that have not almost dissapeared from the face of Kaliander during the war, are allowed, and might either get their memory's erased, or die if they try going there. If only she could tell them, but the santuary must be kept a secret.
hiryu
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 08:38
"I am eleanthor ardranil, and I would be a friend!" elaenthor said in a strong voice.
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 12:57
"Theres a town a few miles away,I'll be under the sign of the silver moon. Who's else wants to come?"

[Edited on 26/2/2004 by CarolP]
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 05:56
"Ok, I know that place. I'll be there once I'm done getting my stuff."

Talim waved, then left the group, Colton following close behind. Her home was deep in the forest, but she knew the way. It didn't take her very long to reach the wall of trees that guarded her home. One of the trees opened it's eyes.
"Oh, Talim! You may enter, guardian."
The tree walked to the side to let her through. What the trees were guarding was a very magical land full of creatures that have now become legend to the outside races. A dozen nymphs greeted her has she entered and told her to go see the king, so Talim did that before going to her little house.

(I don't have much time, but I'm not done with this post. I'll finish it later)
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 04:04
Iris wondered where Talim could have lived in the forest. It was very difficult to see anything once you were in the woods. As she had entered it, she sensed that it was deeper than it first seemed and you had to concentrate only on where you wanted to go. There had been no animals to be seen, infact there wasn`t a single living creature in that woods.
But Talim was a fairy afterall, she thought, and fairys wish not to be seen by strangers and often keep themselves in hiding, and there was more to the Ancient forest than just darkness, or that was what her mother had told her...

"I`ll go with you, Lumos. And if you want to get to the town before dark, we better start soon..." she said, glancing up at the sky.

[Edited on 28/2/2004 by Star_of_Earendil]

[Edited on 28/2/2004 by CarolP]
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 04:33
(continuing from my last post)

The king was a golden dragon named Halvor, or to some of the children, "King Shiny". The royal dragon family lived in a great castle that looks like it was built by humans long ago, but now it's in the heart of the forbidden land. Talim stepped in casually. She's a guardian, and she didn't have to bow or anything formal like that.

"Ah, Talim. I have disturbing news from the Seeker. He says that the presence of the dark plane is growing. Do you know anything of this?"
"Yea, a little. While I was outside, I met a strange man, and a few other people, but the man was carrying a crystal that shined a light in my forehead. He said that I was the chosen wind elemental and asked me if I want to help him fight shadow."
"So the Seeker was right! Who are these people that you met."
"Well... I don't know much about the other chosen elementalist, but the man with the crystal is half angel and...
"WHAT! I should've known. They're starting another war in our land again. Talim, you mush not help him!"
"But I have to, If I don't then a war will start! This man is HALF angel. He hates his father, who is an angel, and he's been raised by humans."
"That doesn't matter! he's still an angel!"
"Halvor, as guardian, I have to protect this land from destruction. If I don't go, another war will start, then everyone here will die! I cannot abandon my oath as guardian. Please, I'm the only one in this land that can freely walk umong the other races in the outside world."

Halvor hated it when he was wrong. He grunted, knowing that Talim had a point. What kind of a king would he be if he lets his people die, he thought.

"Alright... you may go. If it's true what you said, then you must stop another war between the planes. But before you go, take this."

Halvor handed Talim something that was glowing.

"What is it?"
"It's something that'll supress the dark power of the necklace you have. If your going to fighting shadow, I don't want you to become one of them."
"But the necklace is weak."
"Maybe, but I don't know the nature of that kind of magic. It may grow stronger if it's exposed to dark magic. I've always senced some connection between you and darkness, but I never knew what it is. Be careful, Talim."
"I will... thanks Halvor."

Talim walked out. Colton was waiting outside for her. They both went to their small house. They didn't need much room, and the house was mostly used for storage and sleeping. All that Talim will need is in there. Battle Fairy armor, magical scimitars that, when connected at the handles, can form one weapon she can twirl and create tornados with, some money from the outside lands, food, jurnal that she keeps locked with a spell, and the necklace of darkness that, for some reason, she has kept for a while. The put the glowing thing that was in her hand onto the necklace and ot melted in, making it a slightly lighter green. The nymph's that greeted her now helped her with the armor. The special armor was designed for a female fairy, and it was transparent, light purple, and sparkly. She fastened the vambraces that matched the armor onto her arms and looked at them 'It's been a while since I put this on. It feel's good.' She wore a yellow, sleeveless shirt underneath her armor, and a skirt to match that goes down to her knees. Over her yellow skirt, she wore a long, light purple skirt that seemed to dance with every move she makes and it flows with the wind, giving her freedom of movement. After packing the rest of the stuff, she stood there, thinking to herself
'Alright, I'm ready. It's been a few years since I left this forest. Let's hope I still got it.'

She heald up the two scimitars, then started dancing around with them. Her fighting style looked much more like dancing instead of actuall fighting, but that's what Talim likes about it. As she twirled around, her griffin, Colton was watching, smiling.
She stopped, then headed out of the magical land. Many creatures said their farewells, some cried, some gave her food.
"Bye, everyone." she said, then she left, on her way to meet the group at the town.

[Edited on 29/2/2004 by CarolP]
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2004 10:24
Lumos started walking towards the town,it had been a while since he had visited Helethar.
'And so it begins.'
Meanwhile......
"Theona,why were you so kind to the angel? Are you losing your touch?"
"No Lord Alcander,I'm merely toying with the fool."
"Very well,have fun."
hiryu
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2004 09:08
"wait lumos, I would fight with an angel born!"

[Edited on 3/3/2004 by Gilraen]
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2004 10:25
"I will value your aid child of fire,come we must hurry on to Helethar. Its gate closes at dark." Lumos said turning around to look the elf in the eye.
"I understand your reasons for your actions,I will not hold it against you. Even I might do such a thing to save my family." he said quietly trying to calm the young man down.

[Edited on 4/3/2004 by ithillinde]
hiryu
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 08:34
then, I will follow you into peril, and maybe even death, if you so ask!
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2004 05:36
Talim and Colton arrived at Helethar early. They took a different route through the forest, for she felt safer that way. 'under the sign of the silver moon...there it is!' As she entered the inn, the people there, especially the travelers, couldn't help but stare at them. The locals Know of Talim and her little griffin friend, but she hasn't been outside of the woods for years, some thought they was dead. The inn keeper at first didn't reconize them, but then he grined and shouted.

"Hey look! It's Talim and her griffin, back from the dead!"
"Back from the dead? I never died."
"So you didn't go deep into the forest?"
"Yes I did, but I didn't die."
"Really! what did you see there?"
"You know, it's funny. I don't really remember."
The inn keeper looked confused
"Well anyway, welcome back! What brings you here?"
"I'm waiting for some friends here."
"Oh, well sit down, relax, have a drink while you wait."

Talim sat down to have a drink. "I'll just have water." A small crowd surrounded her and started asking her questions about fairy's, her adventures, what was in the forest, and other things. Talim never got tired of telling her stories, but she did refuse to tell them about anything in the deeper parts of the forest and simply told them that her memory was erased when she went too far in the forest. Colton always loved happy people, and some went to pet him.

[Edited on 5/3/2004 by Arokh]

[Edited on 5/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2004 07:16
They travelled at almost a marching pace, but for Iris it felt still too slow, but not wanting to say anything for some of the member seemed slightly wearly. She kept looking up at the sky though, checking to see the position of the setting sun, as if trying to escape from appoaching enemies.
It was not that she was afraid of the night, she found it almost comforting, but of what it might bring with it. They were stronger in the dark, she knew that far. The only option then, would be to hide.

It would be a matter of time before darkness came over the sky...

[Edited on 5/3/2004 by Star_of_Earendil]
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2004 11:00
(has anyone heard from frosh pickle recently?)
They were lucky to make in into town before dark. The streets around them were well lit though,a comforting thought considering what they ran into in the forest.
"We should be there soon,if memory serves me well it's just around the next corner." Lumos said beckoning them around the lit up streets.
From around the corner Lumos heard what seemed to be a fight,but something was wrong.
"Just please return it,it's an heirloom of my family."
"Whats a freak like you doing with such nice things,ya know you gotta pay to come on our turf." a tough thug said as Lumos peered around the bend to see what was going on.
A group of thugs were hasseling what seemed to be,no they wouldn't dare, a young woman. Her golden hair covered her face as one of the guys held her arms back.
"I can't pay,but if you give just a few hours I can get you the money." she pleaded.
"I'll just keep this as insurance that you'll pay us back." the leader said to her holding a silver harp.
"But I need it to work." she cries scrambling to retrieve the instrument. One of the men trips her,sending her flying into the muck.
"Just use that pretty voice of yours." he snickers dangling in just out of her reach.
"Return it or you'll be sorry." a threatening tone filled her voice as she rose.
"That a threat?" "We here don't like treats,so you'll pay the price. Shade should have finished you when he had the chance." the leadersaid drawing his knife as his buddies made sure the woman wouldn't move.
'This is sick,I've got to save her.' Lumos thought leaping into the alley.
"How dare you harm a lady!" he cries staff battle ready.
"What!? A lady,dude you got us all wrong we're just taking out the trash. This pansy heres been quite a pain in the rear. So go home country boy before you get hurt."
'Not a girl'
"Just go,you don't need to help me . their dangerous." the speakers voice cracked in mid sentance,from a low male voice to a high pitched femine tone.
"I don't care,you're going down for this injustice."
Lumos quickly took out the gang and helped the wounded person to their feet.
"Now why would they be treating you like that,here's your harp." he looked into the eyes the thee person,they were a soft blue. The stranger hurried to pick up his things.
"Thanks for the help,but now you'll be in more trouble. They will come after you.'
Lumos looked him over,he was tall and cover in muck and blood . Lumos noticed a scar across his throat,and when the man noticed Lumos's observation he quickly tried to cover it up.
"Who gave you that scar,no one deserves to be treated like that." As he got closer he saw the scar for what it really was. He figured it was just a scratch,but relly now he could see thatsomeone had tried to slit the guys throat. And they hand almost sucseeded.
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2004 11:51
((ooc: nope, i haven`t, Lady Elrinda))
Iris was surprised and shocked what had just happened. She had drawn her sword, but Lumos rushed out with his staff. So she watched, should he need any help, and shielded it by the time the people had gone. While Lumos had been taking on the group, Iris had watched the lady, or as it turned out, the boy, as she was always suspisious of strangers at first.
He was very fair and had a almost, unearthly air to him. She noticed herself staring at him as if she was...enchanted or something.
Shaking herself a bit, and trying to keep the night chill away from her, she edged closer behind Lumos, her eye half on the boy, and half on the object that he held... a harp? It was a beautiful one too, but strange to be carrying such a thing around at night...

Taking a thin but closely woven shawl off her shoulders(underneath her cloak)She stepped next to where the boy sat and wrapped it around him."That should keep you warm"
Then she said to the boy kindly "But why are you out here? And who were those people?"

[Edited on 5/3/2004 by Star_of_Earendil]
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2004 01:56
"Thankyou. I'm a bard by trade,I've been trying to find a steady job for the past few months. So far no luck,but freelance work pays though." he said smiling at the Iris.
"Those thugs have been harassing me for a while, Your friend was brave,no ones ever helped me before." His voice was unnaturally high.
'No wonder I mistook him for a woman,with that hair and such a high voice.' Lumos thought to himself.
" I guess its my own fault,you see I can from a town where everyone has a high voice. Every one,my father,brothers,its just normal for me. But people here aren't really used to it, a few get violent. Why should anyone's voice give you the right to harm them?"
"Why don't you come with us? At least till we get to the Silver Moon." Lumos said to him.
"Can you find me somewhere to work?" the man questioned hopefully.
"I'll see, so whats your name?"
"Michael."
"Michael,as long as your with us you'll be fine. These crimes against you should be reported,now tell honestly who gave you that scar?" Lumos said seriously.
"No one important ,just a street thug. His girl was a little too enthusiastic about my songs and he thought I was stealing her from him. I'm lucky to have survived,but even luckier to have met you sir."
"Its nothing,I just can't stand people harming ladies or anyone different. Sorry about thinking you were a woman." Lumos replied with a chuckle.
"No problem,You would be suprised how many people say that. The Silver Moon Inn is just around the corner,I've never been inside though. But the best bards are always invited there." Michael led them to the inn with a smile on his face.

[Edited on 5/3/2004 by LadyElrinda]Image

[Edited on 6/3/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2004 08:15
They walked to the front door of the inn without another word. Iris hadn't been to such a place for years and the last time she had entered was to give the innkeeper a message, to report some sort of incident. She looked up at the large wooden door for a brief second, as if in hesitation, and opened it to let her and the others in.

Imediately the noise of many people blasted at her ears, people laughing, talking, singing... Iris, disliking large crowds or more likely not being used to them, scrunched her face, as if in disapprovence. But she was glad to be inside a building, atleast they were away from the cold, which was comforting and made her feel safer. Her features relaxed, and she set about to scan the room for anyone she might know.

[Edited on 7/3/2004 by Star_of_Earendil]

[Edited on 8/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2004 10:06
Talim was in the middle of one of her stories when Lumos and the group finally showed up
"Is it true that dragons eat people, Talim?"
"Actually, no. When I finally went through all those broken bones and metal things in the cave, I saw the dragon. When he saw me, he asked me to get something out of his tooth, and guess what it was."
"What?"
"It was a piece of a knights armor!"
"Really?"
"Really! After I got it out for him, I asked him how it got there, and he said that a dragon slayer tried to kill him, so I said 'you ate him?' then he said 'I only chewed in self defence. I never swallowed. I'd rather eat his horse than eat one of those things!'"

everyone surrounding her started laughing, Then Talim finally noticed that they arrived. She left the table that she was at and went up to the group.

"You finally made it!"
she lookes at Michael
"Who's this?"

[Edited on 9/3/2004 by ithillinde]
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2004 01:50
"Michael, Milady,bard extraordinare at your service." The youth replied enthusiasticly followed by a sweeping bow.
"Where did you find this one?" Talim asked Lumos with a whisper. They had no need of a bard on their quest.
"He was attacked by a group of street thugs,they were going to kill him Talim. Besides,I'm sensing a strange arua from him." Lumos whispered back as he took a seat besides Talim. Colton the griffin greeted him by leaping into his arms and squaking happily.
"Yes little one,I am happy to see you." Lumos said to the griffin as he put him down beside Talim and stroked the golden feathers till Colton was pleased enough to allow him to return to his conversation with Talim.
"Anything important happen on your journey here?"
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2004 06:26
"Hmm... not much. It was kinda boring until I came here. You know, I used to be a regular here a few years ago. Some people here thought I was actually dead, isn't that crazy? But anyway, how was your journey here?"

Colton yawned and layed down next to Talim. It was still loud here, but Colton can sleep anywhere. While they were talking, she saw some angry looking people enter the tavern, but Talim didn't pay much attention to them.

(The angry looking people could be the people that tried to beat up Michael)

[Edited on 11/3/2004 by ithillinde]
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2004 03:16
Iris listened to the conversation thoughtfully, but didn't say anything. Talim looked briefly at the door as it opened, Iris who was about to start talking to Talim looked as well, only to see the men who had been picking a fight with Michael enter. Slightly alarmed, she pulled at Lumos' sleeve silently and tilted her head towards the door to notify him of the arrivals, threw her cloak on again, and lay her hand on the hilt of her sword, preparing for what might become the second round of a fight.

[Edited on 11/3/2004 by Star_of_Earendil]

[Edited on 12/3/2004 by Star_of_Earendil]
LadyElrinda
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2004 01:50
The angry loking men took a seat at the table next to the company and ordered a few drinks.
Lumos took Iris's warning and tightened his grip on the hilt of his dagger.
"If they make any hostile move your free to use any force you find nessesary to stop them Iris." Lumos whispered to her.
The men were glaring at Michael,sharped their daggers and smiled devilishly at him. The glares and smiles made the young bard shrink as far away from them as he could.
"Please don't let them harm me miss,I don't want to have to use my power. Thats the only way they will leave me alone,I'm not sure if I can do it again,and the last time well..." Michael says to Iris in a wavering voice. Lumos felt the tingle of magic,something different from the normal elemental stream.
'I sense a odd magic,can you identify where its coming from?' Lumos asked the sencient crystal telepathicly.
'I can do better,I'll show you.' she replied and Lumos's vision suddenly changed. He could now see magic,it all its forms and colors. The men in the corner were aflame with fire magic. He turned to look at Michael and the shock made him almost fall out of his chair. The magic aura around him shome irridesent and switch back and forth from dark to light as a base.
'A Confesser,even more than that a high Judge Confesser! But the last war was supposed to have wiped them out! Why didn't you tell me?' The shock was now evident on Lumos's face.
'Don't worry,he doesn't know what he his,and he's only used that power a few times.'
A high Judge Confesser,this was not good, with the power to drain anyone of memories with a single touch and even worse at full strength bend them to the Judges will. If Micheal had known how to use his magic those thugs wouldn't have stood a chance.
The men got up and started walking over.
"Heaven help us." Lumos whispered under his breath. Hoping that the sleeping power within the handsome young boy would never truely awaken.
(I'm borrowing part of this idea from a book,but i'm adding onto it.)

[Edited on 17/3/2004 by CarolP]
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2004 10:41
Iris listened closely to Micheal and Lumos, but kept the corner of her eye on the men all the same. She felt uncomfortable that they sat so near, whats more the inn was crowded, meaning she couldn`t draw her sword easily without the risk of hurting innocent people. She frowned, considering not using her sword, but then again...
The men started sharpening their daggers, looking menecingly at Michael. "Please don`t let them harm me miss, I don`t want to have to use my power. Thats the only way they will leave me alone,I'm not sure if I can do it again,and the last time well..." said Michael, his voice quivering slightly. Iris gave a nod to show she understood.
Although the "powers" Michael had claimed about concerned her. Did he have such a powerful "Elemental gift" concealed inside him? He was...not normal, Iris had realised that when they met. Her senses were usually sharp about matters like this, but she couldn`t even guess he had the gift.
Seemed she wasn`t the only one lost in thought, for she was drawn back to reality by the faint whisper from Lumos, although she couldn`t catch what he said, it was obvious from his expression that something was troubling him. And it wasn`t only the approaching men.

The inn hadn`t lost it`s rowdyness, but Iris doubted that it will stay that way. They were right infront of them now.
Looking down at the table, she pushed Michael towards Talim, away from the men, hoping someone will notice the silent gesture, and lead Michael elsewhere before the thugs did. Then she stood up and faced the opposition, "Well, good evening" she said calmly "How may I help you?"

[Edited on 17/3/2004 by Star_of_Earendil]
Arokh
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2004 02:34
Talim still didn't really know what's going on, but she could make a really good guess about how they met Michael. When Michael was being pushed twards her, she thought 'what do you want me to do with him?' but as the guys were approching them, she understood. She doesn't like the idea of fighting in her friends tavern, but she'll pull out her scimitars if she has to.

[Edited on 18/3/2004 by CarolP]
hiryu
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2004 08:35
(sorry that I haven't been posting)
Eleanthor walks towrds the three angry looking mena nd proclaims that if they attempt to hurt micheal or any of cis companions he would runt them through!
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2004 07:55
Iris swore silently as Eleanthor talked to the men. She was glad that he had changed since they first met him, though, but the last thing she wanted to do was anger the thugs even more than they were now. She came away from the table and tapped him on the shoulder. "Please, let me deal with them" she whispered. And stood in between Eleanthor and the group who kept throwing menancing glances towards the others.
"We meet again," She said, still almost a whisper "Now, one question, Why do you follow us?"
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email