Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Brethil
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: What was the saddest part of Fotr?
on: February 19, 2005 10:05
In the ee one, in the gift giving in Lothlorien, when Galadriel says to Aragorn 'I have nothing greater to give than the gift you already bear..' and then it goes on about Arwen and then 'You have your own coice to make Aragorn.......farewell....There is much you have yet to do, we shall not meet again, Elessar.' :cry: it just makes me feel said deep down.
Merry_Pippin_8
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2005 12:57
Saddest scene was when Boromir dies.

The part when Sam almost drowns to go with Frodo isn't all that sad, but very emotional.
PunkElvenPrincess88
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2005 01:02
I was really sad when Boromir died.
LotrLuva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2005 04:39
Boromir's death
When Gandalf 'dies' and the aftermath with everyone outside crying
beren612
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2005 02:08
When Gandalf falls into the abyss and the sad music starts blasting once they escape and sit down outside the mountain and all of them are crying.
fbc
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 11:16
Boromir's death
Morna_Child_of_Eru
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2005 10:39
I personally found Gandalf's fall the saddest part. I hadn't read the books yet, and the actor's performance, combined with the incredible music, just about ripped my heart out. :cry: (PJ always seems to use a solo voice at the most dramatic moments...he knew well we don't connect with any sound more strongly than the sound of the human voice.)

Also, it reminded me of when my grandmother died of cancer...the same bittersweetness. For Gandalf, you knew he gave his life to save the others, for Grandma, she wasn't suffering anymore. I burst into tears again when I was watching the cast commentary and Orlando was discussing how Legolas was seeing the nature of death for the first time.
Sam_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 03:34
I like the part where Sam is like "Don't go where i can't follow!" But i am not sure if that is the part where he almost drowns or not. But i didn't find it too sad. I would have to say when Gandalf sacrafices himself for the safety of the fellowship.
faramirofminastirith
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 05:14
HELLO!! Boromir's death had to be the saddest scene in FotR. We all know that..... at least, i think so.....

captain of gondor,
faramir
Shadow_fax
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2005 05:13
I like the part where Sam is like "Don't go where i can't follow!" But i am not sure if that is the part where he almost drowns or not. But i didn't find it too sad. I would have to say when Gandalf sacrafices himself for the safety of the fellowship.

Sam says this in Shelob's lair after Frodo has been stung and Sam believes he is dead. That was a sad moment too though, Sam_Gamgee.

The fall of Gandalf and the way the fellowship reacted to it was so sad.

Aragorn finding Boromir mortally wounded and upset. And when Boromir says, "I tried to take the ring from Frodo" - knowing he has done wrong and asking for forgiveness. And of course the line, "I would have followed you my brother, my Captain, my King". So sad and poignant.

Also I felt so sad for Frodo in parts of FotR. In Lothlorien when he feels that the other members are against him somehow. For me, it seems as though Frodo is now seeing himself and the ring as a burden to the rest of the fellowship; it has already claimed Gandalf. I feel Frodo is already making the decision in his mind to go on his own to Mordor. And the culmination at Amon Hen when he does finally break away. Standing on the river bank in tears and the echo of his conversation with Gandalf, "I wish the ring had never come to me, I wish none of this had happened", and Gandalf's "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide...." The sacrifice Frodo makes as ringbearer, to journey alone and to destroy this evil, what an immense task to take on. Frodo shows such bravery here, I think and dedication to the cause. Then Sam, with his unstinting loyalty, is determined to go with his master - thankfully. Sorry for my ramble it just tugs at my heart.
NickGiotis
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 08:45
I think that Gandalf's death was a really SAD,SAD scene...Just notice the faces of the Fellowship when they get out...Isn't it a really DRAMATIC scene? I always want to cry in that scene...
EldyTindomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 09:12
There are many scenes in FotR that make me cry...
but I think the most dramatic scene is Gandalf's death.
They all look so sad and upset.And Frodo's look is soooo dramatic...
Poor thing...

LadyWoodelf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 10:41
The death of Gandalf and Boromir. Especially the death of Boromir. That was the saddest part for me. :cry:
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 09:32
Let's see.
1)When Gandalf fell, and Frodo was screaming and Boromir had to pull him away and Aragorn was just completely in shock.
2)"I made a promise. Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee. And I don't mean to" that was a great thing
3) Boromirs death scene

Yeah, same for me... That was the saddest part in the fellowship. But the only one that made me cry is the scene where Sam said those words.. But I also felt loneliness when Gandalf and Boromir had died.
mirkwood_elf89
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2005 01:28
I haven't watched FOTR in a while but i remember...one of the saddest bit was Gandalf's death:cry:...the thing when the hobbits were crying, Legolas had a sad look...everything and when Boromir grabs Frodo....the music and everything made me cry...and also when Boromir dies....its soo sad! I luv Legolas's expression after he comes running up to meet with Aragorn.
DLcygnet
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2005 08:18
I hadn't read the books when I saw the movies, so when Gandalf fell, I thought he'd died. But that's not why I was sad...

My first thought when they started the slow motion music, etc. was "OMG, they're going to end the movie here! NOOOOO!"

I was chanting in my seat, praying for them not to end it like that. I would have been distraught for the next year.
AniDarling
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 04:28
I think that Boromir's death is the sadest part in FOTR. When I watched yhe movie I cried when Gandalf fell. The end of the movie is also very sad!
Varda_of_the_Valar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 07:51
Boromirs Death and everything afterwards.. the last scenes are just soo sad!
Elrohir553
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 08:04
i didn't really think boromirs death was that sad because i was still mad at him for trying to hurt frodo but aragorns fight against Lurtz was awesome.
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2005 05:00
Boromirs death, I literally bawled during that scene, plus when the Fellowship broke up:cry:!
Princess_Sailasiri
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2005 09:30
I'm going with Boromir's death too. :cry: The first time I saw it, it didn't really strike me as that sad but now I can't seem to watch it without getting tears in my eyes.
iluvLOTRnStarWars
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2005 07:30
The saddest part of FOTR was definately when Aragorn was talking to Boramir while he was dying. Aragorn was talking about them one day returning to the White City, and not Boramir would never return.
TezzlesOfIthilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2005 05:05
boromir dying was the saddest part. no contest. i remember the first time i watched FotR ( i hadn't read the book yet) and i saw the first arrow in his chest it took my COMPLETELY by surprise. i almost screamed "WHAT?! they can't do that!". it was sooooo sad. :cry::cry:
Sassyfriend
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: What was the saddest part of Fotr?
on: September 21, 2012 08:59
I feel very teary eyed when Boromir is dying
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email