Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
IsariaErendil
Council Member
Send Message
Post Best hair , make-up and costume
on: September 27, 2002 03:11
Ok guys and girls who do you think had the best of all the above groups of hair,make-up and costume?They dont all have to be on the same character,so whos it gonna be?

Mine are

best hair = Arwen when she meets strider in the forest
best make-up=All the orcs they look sooo good:evil:
best costume=Galadriels dress at the mirror of Galadriel

whittyb
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Best hair , make-up and costume
on: September 27, 2002 03:14
For all of the above Arwen!!!
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: September 27, 2002 03:18
mmm hair = legolas, make up= legolas costume = legolas

lol just joking.

i think the make up and costumes did a fantastic job on everyone.

though best hair would probably be gimli (no really- he looks very dwarvish)

best make up probably orcs i didnt really see make up on any of hte others

best costume well they were all pretty accurate so i cant decide, though boromirs was pretty cool- very "soon to be ruler of gondor"

Airetasarë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2002 03:45
mmm hair = legolas, make up= legolas costume = legolas

Duh, nah, uh....

Hair: Legolas ofcourse
Make-Up: Orcs he he h e
Costume: Black Riders :evil:
truebizotic
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2002 03:52
Best hair-Arwen when she's w/ Aragorn on the bridge! I love the intricate weaving in the back.

Best Makeup: Gotta give it to the Orcs!

Best costume: Arwen on the bridge w/ Aragorn (the Ringwraiths came in a close second)

Best screeching: The Ringwraiths! LOL
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: September 27, 2002 03:56
actually i thought elronds hair rocked too- i always wondered how he got those little knots to stay in- i have tried but it just doestn work!!!
IsariaErendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2002 04:03
Maybe Elrond used some kind of elvish gel or hairspray
also the black riders costumes were wicked,just the right air of menice i thought Airetasare
PervyOrcFancier
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2002 06:32
All of the above for Frank the Orc. :love::evil:
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: September 27, 2002 06:40
Hair: Galadriel's golden hair, 'enmeshed with the lights of Laurelin'. It's probably not real, but I thought it looked nice.

Makeup: yeah, the Orcs!

Costume: Elrond's, both in the Last Alliance and at Rivendell.
BondageOrc
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2002 07:44
Hair: Galadriel
Makeup: The Orcs! Especially Lurtz, who spent about 11 hours(!) in makeup application for certain scenes...
Costume: Too hard to decide, they were all so good... I liked Boromir's a lot. The Elves' armor in the prologue was also very well done.

[Edited on 28/9/2002 by BondageOrc]
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: September 27, 2002 08:31
I must say that everyone's makeup and costumes were awesome (and I don't use that word lightly here). The very fact that someone said they didn't see make up on the actors speaks highly of the artists in that department.

The hair also was magnificent (no one would suspect how the actors actually look under those well done wigs).

Costumes... Yummmmm.... All around absolutely gorgeous. The clothes and the armor all done in exquisite detail.

All around a feast for the eyes, the ears, and the mind. :love:

Still, my favorite was in the prologue... Gotta love Men and Elves in Armor (even Sauron was incredible). Glad's dress suited her as did Arwen's. The costumers picked clothing that complemented the actor and the character. Absolutely brilliant job!
Tanlaithwen
Orange Juice Fanatic
Send Message
on: September 27, 2002 10:13
And the winners are...... **drum roll please**

Best hair: a joint award goes to Galadriel and Arwen (there's a bit when her hair is down, and it's all long and wavy, I love that!)

Best Make-Up: A triple award goes to: The orcs (I felt so sorry for the ppl inside those masks!), Gandalf (how could anyone put up with that nose!) and Gimli (and to John Rhys-Davies for putting up with an allergic reaction to all that stuff!)

Best Costume: *gasp* You can't ask me that!! Has to be a cross between Galadriel's mirror dress (who doesn't love that?!) and I love Legolas's costume (no, really!) and everything Arwen wears is pretty gorgeous!
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: September 27, 2002 11:44
hair: GALADRIEL

make-up: Lurtz

costume: Boromir & Gandalf
Naithriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2002 05:14
Hair: Saruman. His hair is perfect, all weird and straight and white without looking girly.

Makeup: Galadriel at the farewell scene. She looks so ethereal, with a perfect china face.

Costume: Haldir and the Lorien Elves, the shadowy grey tunics were perfect for their Angel of Death-ness, beautiful and frightening at the same time.

Wheee.
JC
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2002 07:32
Hair=Legolas!:love: I thin I still love him!:heart: and Galadriel's hair rocked!
costume=Sauron's thing, and Galadriel's dress
make up= The Orcs!
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: September 28, 2002 07:34
Hair: Arwen (when she shows up to carry Frodo to the Ford)--I like the rather intricate braiding.

Make-up: I can't pick just one, the make-up on everybody was fantastic. Really well done.

Costume: This hard too. Gandalf's robe was perfect, but I think the Elvish armor gets my vote (for now). And I loved the Hobbits' costumes.

Guess what I'm saying is that the movie was so well done I really find it hard to narrow my choices down.
Orosarniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 28, 2002 06:13
That WETA workshop did a really good job on everything, and I especially loved how they made the costumes and weapons But still some stood out which I really liked:

Best Costume: Probably Arwen's when she was in the Bruinen scene (when the Ringwraiths were like "Give up the halfling, she-elf!"). I really liked her jacket/coat that she wore *steals it and runs*

I also loved Legolas' outfit. Tres chic

Best Hair: Legolas's :love: I also loved Arwen's hair when she was at Imladris with Aragorn. So purdy!

Best Make-up: The orcs. Especially Lurtz's, even though he really freaked me out with his teeth.

Best Weapon: There isn't a category for this, but I loved Arwen's sword! You didn't get to see it too much in the movie, but if you saw it close up, the detail is just amazing!

- Orosarniel
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: September 28, 2002 07:13
Best Hair- Gimli without a doubt
Best make-up- Elrond
best costume- Sauron
Parmadur
The Happy Pariah
Send Message
on: September 30, 2002 10:00
Best Make-Up: A triple award goes to: The orcs (I felt so sorry for the ppl inside those masks!), Gandalf (how could anyone put up with that nose!) and Gimli (and to John Rhys-Davies for putting up with an allergic reaction to all that stuff!)

I could be wrong, but I think that's Ian's real nose...

Best hair: It's a tie between Galadriel and Saruman. I can't choose one, so I'm going with both.

Best make-up: Have to go with the orcs here. They were fabulous.

Best costume: (this answer brought to you by DroolFactor) Boromir - it made him look so manly!
KeeperofVilya
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2002 04:41
Best Hair - Elrond - I just loved it ! :love:
Best Makeup - The orcs - Really good !
Best Costume - Legolas - Looke very much like a wood elf :drool:
and Elrond's armour- Perfect !:drool:

[Edited on 1/10/2002 by KeeperofVilya]
Trignifty
Ruler and Court Jester of Planet Awesome
Send Message
on: October 01, 2002 06:22
Best Makeup? - hmmmmmm...I'll go with the orcs.

Best Hair- Elrond and the tiara.

Best- costume- Sauron. Perfect 'flaming eyeball' costume. Otherise, I'd have to say The Gimli-ster'

Best Nancing- Leggo all the way.
Tasarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2002 08:50
Best hair - Elrond and Arwen (I tried those little knots in my own hair and tho they stayed, it was a mess scrubbing the kitchen floor)

Best makeup - Gimli (amazing)

Best costume - Arwen and Legolas (sigh)
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: October 02, 2002 10:27
Ahhhh... in FotR only...

Hair... Legolas (always in place)

Makeup... the Orcs! Geez, they're great!! Especially the Uruk-Hai.

Costume... I found Boromir's costuming most impressive, tho I think Galadriel's dress (at the Morror) was beautiful, too. And I expect to see more beautiful costuming in TTT. Kudos to Ngila!!
IsariaErendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2002 06:04
I think when it comes down to it its hard to decide as they were pretty much all perfect:love:But the elves were especialy beautiful:love::love:
Mhairi
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2002 01:47
Mhairi needs to know the secret of elf hair.

"Yes, I know I've just fought with a hoard of orcs and nearly been decapitated by a cave troll but it's okay. The hair looks go-ood".

Because he's worth it?

And in the continuing saga of my falling out of reality, I yesterday bought clothes from Jigsaw because I considered them to be "elvish grey". ** Sigh ** I need help...
Lady_Sinclair
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2002 03:44
Best Hair -- Legolas (it's so straight and looks so well conditioned! Darn! Wish I had hair like that!)

Best Make-up -- the orcs definitely!

Best Costume -- Elrond's armor and robes!

Can I add one more - Best Accessory? Gotta be Elrond's tiara!
Iarlachien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2002 03:49
Best Makeup: Gimli! I lurved the orcs' makeup, too, but Gimli gets my vote because those dwarven braids were nifty.

Best Hair: The hobbits. I loved that curly hair! Especially on Pippin. :blush:

Best Costume: Gil-Galad's. So what if he had about .01 seconds of screentime? I *REALLY* love it. Me wantsssss it! :drool:
tani
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2002 11:29
WETA ROCK!

best hair Tough, very tough... I mean, legolas was the only member of the fellowship to take conditioner with him... haha... ho, seriously, I love Elrond's hair. The little knots... I dunno, it is perect!
best make-up (Legolas probably took pressed powder with him too...) THE ORCS they were soooo cool! I loved their make-up... but it was all so well done
best costume I love all the costumes... Galadriel's mirror dressis stunning The Nazgulrocked! I want a cape like that! Legolas' costume, I am being serious... I really do love it! It is so inticate... stunning
Best WeaponLegolas' bow no, I am being serious! I love it! It is stunning!
KingofMark
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2002 12:23
Best hair: Tough one, tie between Saruman and Boromirs hair at council.
Costume: Gandalf
Make up: Orcs
Iarlachien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2002 11:23
Best Makeup: Gimli! I lurved the orcs' makeup, too, but Gimli gets my vote because those dwarven braids were nifty.

Hmm. Odd thing of me to say. Technically the braids would give him points for Best Hair, but I consider that part of his makeup for some reason. Anyway, Gimli looked great in the movie. A perfect LOTR dwarf.
Yuna
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2002 11:01
have to say, it think all the costumes and armour and hair and makeup were so incredible:love: and am so jealous of some of there clothes:blush: that i will probably have changed my mind about this by the time i have posted it:dizzy:.
But i'll try anyway.

Hair: like arwens for the flight to the ford, legolas' all the time and galadriels.
Makeup:the urakhai/orcs (basically all evil beings) and gimlis( poor john rys davies fot allergic aswell.
Clothes:Liked galadriels mirror dress, some of arwens clothes were beautiful, legolas' travelling clothes and boromirs( ver nice)
Making eyes look big: deffinately frodo!
Looking sad: sam, legolas, merry, pippin and frodo (all kinda tied in different ways)
Dying: boromir:cry:

sorry to babble:blush:
SomeStranger
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2002 12:39
really? Cause I actually thought that the dwarf was just a pinch over-done. For best make-up, I'd have to tear myself up between all the orks, Aragorn, and gandalf...I still look carefully on everyone's nails, and I love the attention to detail there!
Laurelin
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2002 11:00

Best Hair:
Definitely Elrond! *^___^* I have a picture of a detail of his hair, and the crown and back (which you would normally not be able to see), and it's AMAZING. It's like an intricate weaving, gathering hair for a fishtail braid down the back. It's awesome. ^_^ :heart:

Best Makeup - I'd have to say .. the orcs. For obvious reasons. ^^;

Best Costume - This award goes to several people! First of all, Legolas- if you look carefully at the detail on his tunic you will be amazed. There are tiny threads on it that twist and weave in a very beautiful design of leaves and flowers. Also Celeborn's outfit, which was stunning silvery-white, and finally there is a dress belonging possibly to an elf of Lorien that is yellowish gold with lace and silk. :drool:

Image[img][/img]
Silmariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2002 01:09
Hair: Legolas
Make-up: Hmmmm...difficult,I liked all the elven make-up
Costume: Elrond's armor in the prologue *sigh* :love:

WildRose
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2002 05:41
I have Legolas-style hair at the moment. Its difficult. I cheated-phoned a friend, couldn't do it by myself!

Best hair-Legolas
Best costume-Either Legolas, or Arwen when she rescues Frodo. Legolas looks very elegant, Arwen looks very fierce.
Best Make up-Goto hand it to the Ocs!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email