Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Eriathiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Best hair , make-up and costume
on: February 10, 2003 06:15
Wow! Tough question, the crew did a fantastic job of getting the cast to look just right, but if I must say something, it would be:

Hair: Elrond and Galadriel, When they were those tiara things (I'm sorry, I don't know the right term for an Elvish hair accesory). It was so cool. Very Elf-like IMO. ( Though all the cast had cool wigs ie Hobbit's cury wigs and Legolas' Long, shiny hair:drool

Make-up/prothstetics: Def. Gimli. It really transformed John into a Dwarf.

Costume: I don't mean to sound like a crazy fangirl :love::blushthere's that word again :cry::angry::evil::dizzy:{see post "fangirls, True fangirls..".}) , but I really liked the costume that Legolas wore. The way the sleves appear to be strips of cloth just wrapped around his arms was really interesting. I love the way that it excentuated his arm muscles when he draws his bow...:drool:But almost everyone had cool costumes. The Nazgul rocked and Aragorn really did look travel stained!

Kudos to all the awesome work everyone in the crew did!!!!

-Eriathiel

Nienna_Fefalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2003 11:06
best hair Gimli coz he looked alot like he did in my imagination
best make up orcs
best dress er... aragorn or Galadriel.

best lookin LEGOLAS !!!
Mairwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2003 12:12
Best Hair: The hobbits and their wonderful wigs, just brilliant. Yum yum Billy Boyd :love: with curly hair! Oh and Aragorn just because… well… yum. And Arwen and Galadriel, very pretty, even more motivation to grow my hair out.

Make-up/prothstetics: Frodo after being cut with the blade at Weathertop, so believable… poor thing. And the hobbit feet of course.

Costume: Don't make me choose! They're all gorgeous. But I suppose if I have to… Arwen's riding out fit, Arwen's alternative riding out in the Art of the Fellowship, Aragorn's ranger costume (yum), the hobbit costumes (so sweet, so perfect) and Galadriel's mirror dress (that is so going to be my wedding dress).
Mirlomien
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 11, 2003 02:56
Best Hair:
FotR: Arwen or Galadriel
TTT: Eowyn

Make-Up:
FotR & TTT: ?????

Costume:
FotR & TTT: Legolas
kingurl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2003 07:40
Hair: Legolas

Makeup: Orcses!!!

Costume: Arwen when she comes to Aragorn in a dream, and Eowyn's white dress
Ringhilwen
Ilúvatar's Designer & Haldir\'s Little Squirrel
Send Message
on: February 12, 2003 09:31
Best Hair - Galadriel by far

Best Make-up - Gimli....imagine having to go through all of that every day. Mad props to John Rhys-Davies.

Best Costume - Arwen. I mean, who didn't want at least one of her dresses? And the Ringwraiths...so scary and so cool.
Karin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2003 02:43
Best hair: Legolas and Galadriel
Best make-up: the orcs and especially Lurtz- he looked scary
Best costume: the Legolas-costume, just how I imagined it in the books
Best armor: Sauron!
Newra
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 28, 2003 03:06
best hair
i love galadriels hair...i cant help it
best makeup/costume
absolutely no question gollum from TTT!!!!!

*he blew me away, i dunno why he wasnt nominated for best supporting actor.....*
FallenAngel26
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 01, 2003 07:37
I know what makeup that was used on Liv Tyler for Arwen!!

Lips: "Clinique" Almost Lipstick in Black Honey (I bought this, I love it so much! It's a sheer lipcolor that's not quite lipstick, but not quite gloss. It's really great, and the color looks good on any one.)

Hair: "Joico K-Pak" Deep Penetrating Reconstructor (I asked my hairdresser about this and she said, "Only use it if you have damaged hair. Otherwise it would be like taking medicine hwen you don't need it.") and Clynol Hair Shine Spray (I haven't heard much about this one)

Eyes: (from instyle.com, "To make eyes stand out, start with MAC eye shadow in Vanilla from lids to brows. Then apply MAC Spice shadow on the crease and Clinique Brow Shaper in Shaping Taupe on the top lash line only.[Do not put eyeliner under eyes, it will make them look closed]. One coat of Lancôme Définicils mascara in black completes the wide-eyed look."

Cheeks: "MAC" Sheertone Blush in Pink Swoon (I've seen this. It looks really dark when it's in its case, but it looks good on cheeks).

Face: "MAC" Studio Finish Matt (This is a really good foundation, I like it a lot. NC 15 was used for Arwen.) and Lacome Photogenic in Ivorie (I haven't tried this powder, or heard anything about it.)

To get the less expensive makeup that gives you the same look, go to http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/makingem/Makeup/ArwenMakeup.htm
King_Elessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2003 09:48
Suilad!

Best Make-up The orcs definatly, I read all about how they did it in 'The Makings Of The Movie Trilogy' book, and it sounds like serious hard work.

Best Hair Arwen, the long black/dark brown coloured flowing hair.. then Galadriel and Eowyn together.

Best Costume Aragorn, it is tattered and patched, but has the lightness of the Elves (quoting Ngili). Then the guards of Rohan, the long green cloak and silver helmet, and then the costume worn by Rangers and royals or Gondor - the silver tree...... :blush:

Namarie!

King_Elessar

P.S. Is that how you spell Ngili's name? I forgot!
soph-cat
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2003 02:30
i say...

best hair: legolas, galadriel, elrond. v.nice ^_^.
best make-up: grima wormtongue. awesome, really awesome ^_^. orcs too, very realistic.
best costume: boromir, gimli, celeborn, elrond, gil-galad. elrond wears really elaborate stuff, v-nice. boromir's is really cool too.
best funky acessory: elrond's headband, so groovy ^_^. and haldir's ubber cool glove thingies in ttt. yea. pippin's scarf too, so froody.
olivette
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2003 03:09
I think the movies are wonderfull because of their details like Elrond's hair and their little knots...I will say
Best hair: Arwen, when she appears for the first time...with the black riders. And Legolas :love:
Make up: The orcs of course, hobbits feet are nice too
Costume: They are all GREAT!! Particularly Legolas, Arwen on her horse, the black riders, Galadriel, and aboveall: The elves of the helm's deep!!!
Roheryn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2003 05:44
Best hair: Arwen - always gorgeous

Best makeup: Gimli, though Lurtz is a close second

Best costume: very difficult, FOTR - Galadriel's 'mirror scene' dress; TTT - Theoden's armour or Eowyn's white dress
eowynshue
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 28, 2003 06:12
best hair: arwens in the dream thing in TTT when its long and wavy, its gorgeous! i want mine like that. other than that the hobbits wigs are so cute! elijah and billy really suited them i think...

best makeup: lurtz

best costume: oo cant choose! arwens flight to the ford jacket...no galadriels sparkly birdbath of doom dress...no boromirs cloak...no merry and pippins outfits in general...cant choose! one of the dresses then...

best iconic headwear: elronds tiara
~*Arwen_Undómiel*~
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2003 10:27
This is definately a hard decision, but I've made my choice:

Best Hair, Best Make-up and Best Costume, in my opinion, go to both Arwen and Galadriel. Thier hair is just gorgeous, being so long and wavy. Thier make-up is well done. It isn't easy making something look immortal and forever beautiful. That would require a TON of touch-ups! Their costumes are wonderful; things that I would wear! I loved all of Arwens costumes, especially the Evenstar Pendant, and Galadriel's gown is stunning!
roussalka
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2003 04:40
Reading all the people's answers got me thinking of the Hair/make up/costumes issue and my votes are the following!!!!
Hair: That will have to be a triple vote 1. Elrond- the knots... to die for 2. Gimli and the beard ("Not the beard"...) 3. Legolas - because every time I see the movie I find new braids and a way they are made and I LOVE it
Make up: The orcs no doubt aspecially Lurz, he quite a hunk... but all the make up was exelent aspeciay Aragorn and the hobbits after a while in the wild
Costume: Very hard to choose, Gandalf gets thumbs up for looking exactly the way I pictured him from the book and Aragorn too. The hobbits look gtreat aspecially Frodo with the cape. I thought Legolas should be in green not blue but it maches his eyes....
hobbithole_dweller
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2003 06:26
Yes I know I'm biased in my judging but eh:

Hair: Frodo (curls are SO cute, I love the way they fall over his eyes) (but I love Boromir's strawberry blond hair too)

Make-up: Frodo (from young, happy-go-lucky Shire Hobbit to run-down, tired looking Hobbit)

Costume: Frodo (gotta love a guy in borwn velvets!)
Tinúmelë
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2003 03:40

Best hair: Legolas (of course) and Arwen when on the bridge.
Best make-up: Orcs and crusty Theoden
Best costume: Arwen's dark blue and silver dress that we never see in the film, Aragorn's Rivendell outfit and Eowyn's white dress.

I'll add a couple of my own:
Best jewellry: Nenya, Evenstar
Best headwear: Arwen's headpiece on the bridge, Elrond's tiara
LuthienofRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2003 06:06
Althought every comstume is just beautiful I have to say that I like everything of the elves.They have such beautiful hair and those dresse are really great and the make-up too.
I like everything about them,its just great.

I love them!!!
especially Legolas

Luthien
Legolas_Loves_Giuli
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2003 10:17
Well in order it goes like this...

Best costume = Elves
Best Hair = Elves
Best Make Up = Orcs

What else can I say, the elves conquer all! Except for the make up... The elves are really detailed in the movies... Especially SEXY Legolas!!! :drool: :heart: :love: :blush:
Eowyn13
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2003 11:45
Best hair> Alrighty, though I am not very fond of Arwen herself, I will give her the "Best Hair" award. The scene where she is on the bridge with Aragorn
Best Make-up>Theoden when he is still cursed by Sarman
Best Costume> Eowyn's Sheildmaiden dress, and the Green dress.
elven_angel22
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2003 08:23
Best Hair
FOTR: Arwen TTT: Eowyn

Best Makeup
FOTR: The Orcs TTT: Wormtongue

Costume
FOTR: Ringwraiths TTT: Eowyn's white dress

Best Accessory
FOTR: Nenya TTT: The evenstar
Rethehare
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2004 05:12
Best hair: Eowyn at the funeral in EE
Best makeup: can't decide between Gimli and orcs
Best costume Gil-Galad's!!!!
eowadia
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2004 07:06
best hair: eowyn at the funeral of Theodred. it is just so beautifull together.. wish I could do that

best costume: without any doubt Galadriel dress at the mirror in FotR.WAAAUUUWW that is the most beautifull dress I have ever seen. i saw it for real at the museum in London. Wow That can be my weddingdress forsure

best make-up: i most say Gimli. Wow what WETA did was just extremly cool. You could not see that it was a human. he was really a dwarf. Very cool done!!!!!!!
truegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2004 07:13
roussalka wrote:
Make up: The orcs no doubt aspecially Lurz, he quite a hunk... but all the make up was exelent aspeciay Aragorn and the hobbits after a while in the wild

LOL. Yeah, they did an amazing job on the orcs. And Lurtz was so wicked-bad he was kinda cute! Hey, what can I say…he did have quite the physique!

As for the rest...

Hair: Arwen's braids in the flight to the ford scene. But I liked Eowyn's free-flowing tresses the best. They looked the most natural out of everyone in the films.

Costume (women): No contest - Eowyn's white dress and Eowyn's white dress with the brown vest-thingy.

Costume (men): Well, the Gondor brothers were especially nice, but I agree with Rethehare -- Gil-Galad! His armour was just awesome! And I loved the "art-noveau inspired elvish headwear" - which you can see here:
http://councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index&do=showpic&pid=1919&orderby=titleA
White_Lady_of_Rohan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2004 06:05
Best hair: Elrond's was cool with the little knots in it, but Galadriel's hair is so gorgeous!
Best makeup: Wormtongue; he looks so cool!
Best costume:
Eowyn's white dress with the brown vest-thingy.
It's called the Shieldmaiden Dress... and it's too bad that it got such little screen time (when they zoomed in on Eowyn standing in front of Meduseld in RotK). It's the most beautiful costume I've ever seen! Second place goes to the dress Eowyn wore for Aragorn's coronation. Purtyness... here's a picture of her (and Faramir, yay!) http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/view/11578

Farawyn15
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2004 07:54
So many wonderful choices! I'd say....

FOTR
Costume: Galadriel's dress
Hair: Arwen's first appearence

TTT
Costume: Eowyn's green ensemble (I think when she sees to Thadred and talks to Theoden) AND Faramir's ranger outfit
Hair: Eowyn's at Thadred's funeral

ROTK:
Costume: Aragorn's outfit when going up against Mordor/Faramir's outfit at coronation AND Eowyn's brown vest outfit
Hair: Can't remember..lol...all of it was nice, I'm sure.
EruanwenSaeriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2004 04:36
Best Hair: Men - Elrond; Women - Arwen
Best Make-up - Lurtz (second place goes to Shaku, the Warg rider)
Best Costume - Men - Boromir (close second Aragorn in ROTK when he's dressed for the battle); Women - Galadriel (the dress she wears when giving out the gifts in the Extended DVD of TTT)
Best Weapon - I always liked the simplicity of Aragorn's sword - not Narsil, the first one; the elven swords were beautiful too as was Eomer's (watch the appendices)
danicolman
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2004 01:55
Hair: Male has gotta be Elrond. Look at his up-do during the Rivendell Farewell scene; it's blasted brilliant! Female...well, that prize goes to indiscriminate Gondor Lady; those ornaments and jewels at the coronation scene are fantabulous.

Makeup: Male goes to Andy Serkis (Gollum) during the decay sequence. What a transformation - I never quite got where it switched to CG. Female...oh, give it to Galadriel. The pale, ethereal look really worked marvels.

Costume: Male goes to Elrond again, I think. Rivendell Farewell again, in fact - he's wearing a gorgeous burgundy cloak thing with the most marvellous sleeves. And female...jeez, they were all beautiful. However, I have to say that the prize actually goes to an elven extra, whose costume can be seen here: http://quintessentialwebsites.com/lordoftherings/movieshots/arwen_and_group.jpg - the one to the far left in the gorgeous yellow dress.

Dani
~Venora~
Violinist of Mirkwood
Send Message
on: June 03, 2004 11:56
Best Hair=Male= Legolas. All those braids!!
Female= Arwen. The riding hair was my favorite and
all the rest were great to!
Best Make-up= Gandalf. The hair(and the nose) were so real!!!
Best Costume= Pippin's Gondorian Costume!!! He looked so
cute in that costume!!! I loved it!!!
(I don't know if we are doing this or not, so...)
Best Weapon= Hadhafang! Oh, the beauty! (and) Oh, the
power!!
Finduelas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2006 11:31
Hair-Merry!
Make-up-Legolas, totally, how on earth does he have perfect complection through the whole trilogy?
Costume-Eowyn's gown during the 'Westu-Aragorn-hal' scene.
Celebne
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2006 08:22
Best Hair: Éowyn at coronation.

Best costume: Faramir as ranger.

Best make-up: Arwen.
Beriorgan
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2006 03:49
Best Hair: Eowyn
Best Make-up: Uruk-Hai
Best Costume: Arwen at Aragorn's coronation (the green one), or anything Eowyn wore.

I just realized that I really like Eowyn...it's amazing.
prior_illusionist
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2007 05:18
Well this is a tough one all together

Best Hair - Legolas because its so soft and shiney

Best Make-up - Uruk-Hai...because they just look so cool.

Best Costume - Well its a tie between the Witch king, The Uruk Soldiers @ Helms Deep, and Pippin's Gondorian Outfit...I thought it looked cool.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2007 03:28
Best hair: Eowyn, I want her hair so bad!

Best Make Up: My dear Lurtz:evil:

Best Costume: I love the Lorien armor, when they go to help out and Helm's Deep, but then again I love Eowyn's whiote dress, so it would be a tie between the two.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email