Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Rivka
Frodo Fanatic and Head Oligarch
Send Message
Post Voting Links
on: September 27, 2002 08:53
Some of you may have noticed the links up at the top of the forum when you first enter it -- they only display on the page that lists all the different forums. If you could take the time to click on them every day when you enter the forum, and vote for our site by doing so, we would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
BondageOrc
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Voting Links
on: September 28, 2002 03:53
I'd just like to note that there is another site listed on the Tolkien Top 100 also called "Council of Elrond", so be sure you know which one you're voting for...
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: September 28, 2002 07:27
I'm pretty sure I've asked this already:dizzy:, but does simply clicking on the link and going to that site enter a vote for us, or do you have to actually do something on that site?
JC
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2002 07:29
I almost voted for that anoter council, and was similar to ours. I didn't vote, for I feared that I was voting for the wrong one, the other is so not cool.
Rivka
Send Message
on: September 28, 2002 05:24
Guys, just clicking on the link up at the top of the forum means you're voting for us
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: September 29, 2002 03:15
oh cool....clicking away then!
Rivka
Send Message
on: September 29, 2002 03:37
Although, I should add that on the first link (Tolkien Top 100), you have to click through by clicking the "enter here" link to make your vote count...

It would be really cool if everyone could take a sec to do that when they first enter the forum every day...already we've moved way up the ranks on both lists, which is great! Thanks, everyone!

[Edited on 30/9/2002 by Rivka]
Rivka
Send Message
on: October 01, 2002 09:30
Keep voting guys--We're unlikely to make #1, but we're so close to #2, I can't stand it!
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: October 01, 2002 09:57
YEAH!! Let's just get :angry: :evil: :angry: even by voting ourselves into a higher spot than they are... !!!

Vote, vote, vote !!! Vote, vote, vote !!!
JC
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2002 10:15
My friend wanted to become a member of the council and guess what? she went to the oteher thinking that it was this one, she is new and says she doesn't like it, and it's veryt different from ours, does anybody know about this?
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: October 01, 2002 08:28
JC, did you tell your friend to come here? We'll give her a welcome party.
JC
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2002 11:41
Well yes, but she is like can I be a spy? well is been looking at it, and she says that there is like a 2 forums dedicated to Harry Potter? I'm like what? That is fine, but isn't it suppossed to be about LotR? and well there is also a topic very similar to Rivak called "Some things that Bug me, about the movie, or something, she doesn't like it, but she like goes and see what else can she find. Scothia, I know you guys would, but she wants to wait, let's see what she can find
theVoiceofSauron
Rumours Forum Moderator & Lieutenant of Barad-Dur
Send Message
on: October 02, 2002 01:21
well...I think that may be a bit much....Imladris was here just as long or longer than CoE...all they really did was take the name of there forums and make it their site name which just so happend to be the name or ours...no reason to ''spy'' on anything really...
Rivka
Send Message
on: October 02, 2002 01:31
Agreed We don't have a beef or rivalry going with them, gang. I know everyone feels happy to be a part of this community, but there's no reason to begrudge other people their communities
deagol
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2002 01:37
Interesting....spies huh?

Hmm...better hope nobody catches on

Though I think familiarity with the other people and places that are out there is always a good thing.
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: October 02, 2002 03:46
Spies! LOL! I go to other LotR sites all the time. That's not spying--just seeing what's out there. I've never felt drawn to join any other community but this CoE, though.

A lot of other sites are wonderful, and we can learn from them. Have you seen There and Back Again? I love that site! And if not for The Barrow-Downs, I wouldn't be here.

Rivka's right--we are not in competition. The name thing can bug us if we let it, but it's just a name. We know who we are. The Imladris folks didn't "take our name" to be mean. Sounds like they just decided to use their board's name after getting their own taken out from under them.

Of course, it would've been nicer and more neighborly had they taken the time to see if anyone else was already using the name (as Rivka did when she started our site) but we can't wish anyone ill. I don't think they meant to compete with us.

If anyone is visiting from "the Other CoE", there are a lot of kids here. Please don't take everything you see seriously! We welcome your visit and hope you will leave a friend.

And to "our" CoE: In the spirit of Middle-earth, let's not act like we came from Mordor, okay?

[Edited on 10/3/02 by Scothia]
deagol
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2002 04:13
Deagol, there are a lot of kids here. Please don't take everything you see seriously!

In the spirit of Middle-earth, let's not act like we came from Mordor, okay?

You'll see as I post more, that I take very little seriously I love to joke around. And I find the idea of spies to be pretty funny actually. As though either of our sites has something to hide from the other I think we could learn a lot from one another.
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: October 02, 2002 04:25
Hey there, welcome Deagol (again!)
To second Rivka and Scothia (or to third them I guess): chill out, everyone...Council-of-Elrond is a community just like us, and I'm sure they feel as tight-knit as we do, and proud of their site. There's no excuse for bashing them over here.
M
Queen of Orc Killers
Send Message
on: October 02, 2002 06:44
Yeah it's fine, I mean we certainly don't begrudge lotr fans getting together and chatting about Tolkien for goodness sakes! I was a little annoyed at first but I realize they didn't do it on purpose ie taking a similar name to ours so don't everyone get their nickers in a twist we'll live and they'll live. They are very different sites anyway and it's always good to have friends in cyberspace.
Tanlaithwen
Orange Juice Fanatic
Send Message
on: October 03, 2002 05:39
WOW! Have you seen?? I just went on Tolkien Top 100 and OUR CoE is number two!! (Ahead of imladris.net, the other CoE which number three). GO US!!!
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: October 03, 2002 06:39
Just a reminder: The voting clears to zero every weekend, so we have to start all over and participate weekly! Enthusiastically and consistently! Got it? No resting on laurels allowed!
JC
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2002 09:37
I want to clear this up everyone:
Well she was in the computer and I came along I saw what sh efound then in a "joking way" she said to me, that if she could be a spy, she didn't mean it, it was a joke. So we are not spying on them just telling whatg she found. One more time we are not spying one them just comparing and decided that this is the best And we all share the smae opinion right?
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: October 03, 2002 10:08
We're gaining on Blades by Brown...they're at 100 or so and we're at 87! VOTE! VOTE!
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: October 03, 2002 02:47
I know I'm not supposed to shout but

:love::love:CHECK IT!!!! WE'RE LISTED AS NUMBER ONE!!!!:love::love::love:
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: October 03, 2002 02:53
yay! go us
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: October 03, 2002 08:30
Well, we are the greatest LotR community on the Net.:love:

Vote every day! Vote every day!
Parmadur
The Happy Pariah
Send Message
on: October 04, 2002 03:58
Council-of-Elrond.com certainly doesn't begrudge us anything - they have a link to our site on their index page, stating us as "another friendly group of people that share a common interest in Tolkien."

Let's not prove them wrong, eh?
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: October 04, 2002 07:32
Been trying since last night to get into TT100 and TW to vote--both seem to be down. Very odd.
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: October 04, 2002 07:37
oh thats a relief i thought it was just my computer

strange that they both seem to be down!!
Rivka
Send Message
on: October 04, 2002 07:37
We have one on our front page for them, too

But yes, keep voting!
Parmadur
The Happy Pariah
Send Message
on: October 04, 2002 07:46
If you check out Tolkien Top 100 right now, we're number one! Hooray! *throws confetti*
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: October 04, 2002 07:53
We have one on our front page for them, too

do you mean the home section- im being really thick i think- i cant seem to find it
Rivka
Send Message
on: October 04, 2002 07:54
Nope, in the little welcoming box on the front page.
Parmadur
The Happy Pariah
Send Message
on: October 04, 2002 07:55
You'll find it in the top middle, last line: "If you're looking for the former Imladris..."
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: October 04, 2002 07:58
oops wires crossed sorry !!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email