Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First910111213Last >>
Author Topic:
SamoftheShire
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Dagor e-Daur e-Ndaedelos (Battle of the Forest of Great Fear) (Scripted: PM please!)
on: September 04, 2004 03:07
Elenath sat around, not really knowing what to do, awaiting orders from Anguron or Aldalas.
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Dagor e-Daur e-Ndaedelos (Battle of the Forest of Great Fear) (Scripted: PM please!)
on: September 06, 2004 01:29
Giel felt useless and like he should be doing something. "Sir," he didn't want to trouble the commander with questions, but...
"Is there anything I can do to help before I rest?"
He almost hoped there wasn't, but he asked anyway.
His arms ached from battling, and a cut on his lip was hurting.
It's not enough that we have to fight them, we also have to deal with the resulting injuries. He thought to himself as his waited for an answer.
SamoftheShire
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2004 01:57
Elenath watched the elves in the camp, going about their work. He saw Giel ask if he could do something and he felt slightly guilty.
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: September 06, 2004 04:14
"Sir," the elf, at last spoke, agreeing with Duath, "This should be taken into account. If the enemy should know of our position because of Duath, any surprise should be of no advantage. And that would appear one of our most prominent weapons. But surely we cannot leave the Healer, nor can we easily afford to split our forces."

"Indeed - we shall," Angúron replied. "But as to how we can use THIS to our advantage, I am not - yet - certain. We shall see when our eyes aloft return... perhaps they will discover something that will give us a clue... but there must be a way!"

If only I can think of it! the black-haired commander railed inwardly. Aloud, he said, "Surprise is to our advantage, too... though," and Angúron grimaced, "they DO 'know' we are in the forest! Twice now they have retreated before us - and we have survived - enough of us, I hope - to come this far."
"Sir," he didn't want to trouble the commander with questions, but...
"Is there anything I can do to help before I rest?"

Almost Angúron smiled at the 'hopeful' look in Giel's tired eyes... that there was not any such task.

"Yes," he replied, and his steel-grey eyes twinkled briefly, as he glanced at Elenath, too. "Sit down before you fall asleep, Giel! I need you - ALL of you to get as much rest as possible!"

Sirieth watched all the faces around her intently. Aldalas was right - they could neither split their forces, nor leave Duath behind. Instinctively, the raven-haired Huntress glanced up at the sky... but... it was still empty. Take a good look... please! she whispered to herself, and then turned to the Healer.

"You need rest, too, Duath," she said, "and your injuries should be re-tended, I think."

[Edited on 6/9/2004 by gwendeth]
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: September 06, 2004 02:49
Aldalas waited; his placid expression belied his more anxious feelings. He was no longer exhausted as the others, but remained still in practicality. The elf's controlled emotions allowed him to retain a calm that he did not quite feel.

As Anguron dismissed him, he meandered over to his brother. He had not spoken to Giel in a while, but at a time like this, little communication had been needed. Aldalas' blue eyes looked hard at his elder brother as the younger elf detected fatigue.

"Do as the Captain says," he spoke softly; concern showed, though he smiled slightly. "You need rest; you look terrible."
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2004 01:14
((Ooc: Sorry, I've been really busy... I'll try to get on more...))

Giel shook his head. "I'm fine... Just a little weary." he slowly made his way ov er ot a large tree, and gingerly sat down with his back against it.
His muscles ached, and were stiffening.
"DOn't let me fall asleep." Giel told his brother. He felt angry at himself. He was not to show weakness such as this...
A few minutes later, Aldalas spoke. "Are you sure-" he looked at Giel.
Giel's head was slumped to one side, his mouth open as he slept deeply. It was not an elven sleep; this was a sleep as deep as any man's, and would do Giel good.
SamoftheShire
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2004 02:04
Elenath still rested against the tree. He lookeed around the camp at all of his surroundings. He rested more comfortably against the tree and closed his eyes.
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2004 01:32
GIel awoke; he cursed his weakness, and then relaxed.
He sunk into an elven sleep, to all outer appearences awake, but inside very much relaxed.
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2004 02:03
Duath muttered and wandered....... he could easily sleep.... but he didn't want to.... the fact he was both needed and a burden weighed heavily on his mind........

"You knew what you were doing.....Malice..... They can't leave me because they need a healer and every other healer is gone...... but they can't take me either.... You'll sense them........ "

He ignored the pain..... and the fatigue... he could nothing about either....... What they needed was help.... help that was liable NOT to be available........... Mirkwood was alone in this right now..... Siri showed that Lothlorien was an ally.... but they were too far..... and what they needed was another healer/warrior....

He walked oer to Anguron.....

"What we need is another healer...... and someone who can fight.......... We need help Anguron, and the closest is Imladris..... Someone could come from there.... "
SamoftheShire
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2004 02:03
Elenath woke and looked around. The elves were resting and it was very quiet. He looked over at Giel. is friend looked awake. He saw Duath walk over to Anguron and talk to him. Elenath wished that he knew what they were saying.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: September 18, 2004 07:30
"What we need is another healer...... and someone who can fight.......... We need help Anguron, and the closest is Imladris..... Someone could come from there.... "

The black-haired commander eyed Duath skeptically, and shook his head. "Anyone 'fresh' would be welcome, Duath... be it healer, warrior, or both," the elf said, "But there is no way such 'help' could reach us in time... even if we could 'call' such a person! We must strike - and strike quickly! - And we will, as soon as such information that Menel and Shadowstrike will have gathered has been considered."

"It wouldn't hurt to at least 'ask' them, Angúron," Sirieth commented, walking up to the two ellyn quietly.

Angúron's grey eyes flashed, and he barely kept hold of his temper. "'Ask' if you wish, Huntress," the elf replied sharply, "You... Duath... whoever! I tell you, unless we had called even two days ago, NO ONE could be here in time - and I will not wait for longer than we must already! Our enemy knows we are near as it is! I can only hope," the elven-commander continued, "that they do not know HOW close! The quicker we can settle our plans, the less time THEY have to regroup!"

The black-haired commander paused to meet Aldalas' eyes, and then addressed the Healer again. "It isn't that it's a bad idea, Duath," he said more calmly, "I just wish it could have been thought of earlier..."
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: September 19, 2004 09:14
Aldalas' serene blue eyes gazed back at Anguron. In his thoughts, he was displeased with the ellon's outburst, but would not speak against him in that manner.

"Sir," he said, leaving Giel to rest, "What might have been done is lost, as you said, we have only to think of what we may now. Sirieth and I will see to Menel and Duath to Shadowstrike; we will tell you what the birds have found."

Aldalas walked apart from the group of elves, raising his eyes skyward. After piercing the sky for sign of the hawk's return, the familiar shape formed in the distance. The young elf's sharp eyes spied it before many of the others, had they been looking, might have and whistled sharply.

Menel dove and landed nimbly on the elf's forearm. Her amber eyes shone and she bobbed her head excitedly. Stroking her feathers, Aldalas whispered to her and the hawk told what she had seen as best as a beast can without words. Aldalas smiled at first at her excitment at seeing him, then his face grew more serious and he nodded.

He waited to see if Duath would confirm the same from 'Strike.
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2004 11:12
Keli moved quickly... Elrond had simply shown up very late one evening, handed her her healers pack and weapons and said head for Mirkwood and look for Shadowstrike......

"He never tells me why or where......... just GO! So here I am and heading for the one place NO ONE wants to be.... Mirkwood....."

She had gone through one battle scene...... but the site was 'cold' and she only knew to head south........... Towards Dol Guldur.......

"Ada's going to have a fit about that......... thats probably WHY Elrond made me leave iin the middle of the night........ no explinations needed.................... or waking the household with could be a very BIG argument......"

SHe headed towards where she was needed.... hopefully........

((OOC: Kelaistral Brightblade........... in the database and I hope we enjoy her here!)))
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: September 21, 2004 09:28
((I'm sure we will. Might give 'quiet' Aldalas some one to talk to too... Anyway, I didn't post again, because I'm not sure what news you wanted from Menel and Shadowstrike.))
SamoftheShire
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2004 02:06
Elenath was wandering around the elven camp, a little bored. He saw Aldalas reporting to Anguron and wondered what news menal and Shadowstrike ahd reported back to tell them.
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2004 04:25
Keli growled......... blood and alot of it................. mostly orc.... but elven too............... and this site was BARELY cold... so she was close......

Her feet went back into a ground eating stride...... She could "speak" to Duath at this distance, if he was alive, but being so close to Dol Guldur, she'd not want anything in there's attention......

She hissed as she picked up a metal link from the ground... and dropped it.... as it burned....... She knew what it was.......... and its presence made her run faster.....

She nearly ran into the first sentry..... before she slid by him... heading for the center of the group..... Duath she could see..... so she moved into the woods to reach them.... not crossing the small clearing......

She whispered to herself.... "Aldalas, Giel, Elenath, princes of Mirkwood.....Anguron.... Thranduils best.......... Duath looked horrid.... one Lothlorien elf........... hmm.... too small a group.... and injuries on ALL of them...."

Keli stopped to think.... and the blade suddenly laid across her throat.....

"Hello.... another drow?"

((OOC: Shire... Menel and Shadowstrike, but especially Menel would see where woodpiles and burnables are...locate the huts of the orcs.... that sort of thing... information they can only get from and areal view..... )))

[Edited on 25/9/2004 by kaazebrabeads]
gwendeth
Send Message
on: September 25, 2004 04:50
Sirieth had grown restless... waiting for the two birds-of-prey to return. Unable to relax, she walked out into the forest. As always, her Tracking instincts were never quite idle... and suddenly... she heard them. Footsteps? No one... outside of the orcs even knew that elves were in the forest! - Even if they didn't know where the Company might be... and how had this... whoever it was... slipped past the guard? Tired everyone was, but still...

With elven-stealth, Siri unsheathed her sword and ducked into the brush. They'd come right by her...
"Hello.... another drow?"

The Huntress' green eyes flashed angrily as she spat out the words, the edge of her sword against the intruder's throat.

"Angúron!!" Sirieth called silently, "We've got a spy following us!"

Angúron waited both patiently and impatiently for Aldalas and Duath to make 'sense' of their friends observations. The black-haired commander wanted to get this attack in progress... but knew their information needed to be understood clearly... and then they would need to figure out how to use it - if they could.

Sirieth's 'message', however, caused him to whirl. Unsheathing his sword in a swift, smooth motion, he called, "Elenath! Giel! Follow me!" And then, mentally, he asked, "Siri! Where are you?" "On the North side of the camp," she replied, "Whoever this 'drow' is... she got past the outer guard!"

Fuming inwardly, Angúron 'let' that news alone... for the moment... and with both Giel and Elenath at his heels, the three elves ran for the Huntress' location.
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: September 25, 2004 05:14
((Hannon le, kaaz.))

Aldalas walked to Anguron, the hawk, Menel, perched on his arm. "Sir, Menel has flown and seen the yrch encampment; there is wood piled in pyre-like stacks here. The orcs' temporary dwellings are here and here."

Allowing the hawk to fly to a nearby perch on a branch, Aldalas knelt and drew a map in the dirt with an arrow shaft. The detail was good and every so often the elf would look at Menel who bobbed her head in response.

"That is all, sir," Aldalas said, completely his diagram and rising to attention.

Sirieth's warning coupled with a movement caught the highly aware elf's eye. While Anguron inspected the drawing, he moved back to a less obvious position and circled until he was near the movement, then drew on of his long knives and pressed it toward the intruder.

The cordial greeting that came next surprised him, but he did his best to not let it show. His next surprise was that it was an ellath.

Duath's attention was directed to the commotion. "Let her pass, Aldalas," he told the young elf.

Aldalas nodded and stepped back, lowering his blade. More friendly, knowing that she was one of them, he partially smiled. "Suilad, mellon nin. My apologies."
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2004 05:32
"Next time you idiot just go with the outer guard.... That would be good... get yourself killed BEFORE you can help.... Elrond would LOVE that...."

Keli glared at the other elleth..... and pulled her cloak off her shoulders.... She'd better have her identifying badges where Anguron could see them.... Her right shoulder bore her Imladrian mark... her left a Healers badge......

She'd obviously interrupted a meeting... for Anguron and Duath and Aldalas had been looking and discussing something...... The commander was not happy for the intteruption..... she could tell tthat much as he came across the clearing after studying what was probably a battle plan.....

"It is rather insulting for an Imladrian healer to be mistaken for a Drow elf.... but perhaps A lothlorien elf wouldn't be able to tell..... I noticed that the Mirkwood elves didn't make that assumption.... Of course the princes of that realm are better at seeing than perhaps you are...."

Duath's spoken "let her pass".... and the lowering of Aldalas' long knife made her relax a little........ But NOW she had to face Anguron.....
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2004 01:27
"The spy." A rather tired looking elleth. The spy. "At least it wasn't really a spy". reasoned Giel.
They made their way back to camp.

((Ooc: Really sorry! I've been busy, and haven't been able to get here!))
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: September 27, 2004 02:57
Aldalas eyed the newcomer keenly. "She is no spy, yet she must make an account of her self," he said quietly. His expression was reserved of personal opinion as he stood to the side of the meeting. As the sons of Thranduil, he and Giel stood silently to see what would come.

His hand, although relaxed, could not fully leave his weapon, yet his sheer calmness promised no undue action, for Aldalas was not one to act rashly. His gaze was cool and calculated; and yet, though stern, his attitude towards Keli was not to be described as cold. Inside, he was still relieved that the intruder posed no real danger....
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2004 01:41
"What is she doing here?" Giel asked. He ahd a habit of asking people that he knew well questions that they probably wouldn't know so that he wouldn't have to question the newcomer.
"I mean, what are you doing here?" he addressed the tired looking elleth.
gwendeth
Send Message
on: September 28, 2004 09:53
"It is rather insulting for an Imladrian healer to be mistaken for a Drow elf.... but perhaps A lothlorien elf wouldn't be able to tell..... I noticed that the Mirkwood elves didn't make that assumption.... Of course the princes of that realm are better at seeing than perhaps you are...."

"If you knew what this company's been through the past few days, 'healer', you'd be grateful that YOU can still see at all!" Sirieth retorted. From the corner of her eye, the Huntress saw Aldalas lower his knife, but even at Duath's quiet words, she didn't move a muscle. Not.. and her green eyes flashed at a silent message... until her commander 'ordered' it. Siri then removed her sword from the other elleth's neck and re-sheathed it. And even though Angúron seemed to ‘know’ this new elleth, Sirieth couldn’t help but stay tense.

"Hiril Nightblade?" Angúron stared at the elleth, very surprised at seeing her. He knew the Healer, though not well.

"Siri! Sedho*!" he sent, and though he could tell the Huntress was still seething, she did lower her sword.

“Welcome, Hiril,” the elven-commander said then, and re-sheathed his sword, “But you’re lucky the Huntress didn’t follow her first instincts. – She’s right you know… we have been through much… and as yet, it isn’t over. Now,” Angúron continued, “what are you doing here – and why?”

~~~~~~
* Be still! (i.e., 'calm down')
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2004 10:46
Keli glared at the elleth......... she'd not forget her style of combat any time soon.........

"As for what I am doing here, you would have to ask Lord Elrond why he came to my chambers in the middle of the night three days ago... handed me my healers pack and weapons and said head to Mirkwood........ find Shadowstrike and Duath and you will find the company of elves that needs you......"

She could feel Siri seething still and without thought had the blade of her dagger up against the Hutnress' throat............

"I figure that MALICE has spotted Duath.......and that the Huntress of Celeborn could tell friend from foe................ Elrond TOLD King Thranduil the danger of having Duath in the group.... that Malice had been seen.......... but Even Celeborn scoffed......... and Mordor Iron burns through flesh and bone if left on long enough...........................

Touch me again huntress and your hand will be on the ground........

These forrests were my home once and I know them as well as any............. I will do what I can to heal the injured and add to your number................ If I had been able to I would have brought soldiers with me................. since Dol Guldur is now the target............"

Keli turned to the rest..............

"If you have injured.... let me do what i am here for first......... and heal.... after that perhaps everyone can tell me what IS going on since every time Elrond sends a messenger to Mirkwood they get sent back unanswered.... Elrond SAW that you needed me.... hence I am here..........."

Keli laughed as Shadowstrike landed on her shoulder and chirred at her angrily...........

"All right I can't help it took me three days to get here... i don't have wings like you and Aldalas' friend......."

[Edited on 28/9/2004 by kaazebrabeads]
gwendeth
Send Message
on: September 28, 2004 03:22
Sirieth's green eyes flashed coldly, the elleth not one bit cowed by the dagger at her throat.
Touch me again huntress and your hand will be on the ground........

Followed by your tongue! the Huntress thought, but didn't move a muscle. 'Friend' or 'foe' has nothing to do with this, Siri thought. If she'd been sure the newcomer had been the latter, her blade would not have stopped where it did. She wasn't the most skilled with sword of Angúron's company... that wasn't where her talents lay. - But if she had been an enemy...

"If you have injured.... let me do what i am here for first......... and heal.... after that perhaps everyone can tell me what IS going on since every time Elrond sends a messenger to Mirkwood they get sent back unanswered.... Elrond SAW that you needed me.... hence I am here..........."

Keli laughed as Shadowstrike landed on her shoulder and chirred at her angrily...........

"All right I can't help it took me three days to get here... i don't have wings like you and Aldalas' friend......."

Angúron regarded Hiril Nightblade soberly. Laughter... even in response to Shadowstrike's actions, was beyond the black-haired commander.

"As to messengers, of that we know nothing," he replied, "And you did 'interrupt' a meeting. As to what is 'going on'... if you can listen while you work... do so. Otherwise, yes, concentrate on those who are in need of help, first. Mae govannen, Healer," the ellon said, and then turned to go back to the clearing.

"Aldalas, Duath, Huntress," he called, "Let's get back to our discussion. Elenath... Giel...," Angúron stopped, and looked at the two elves seriously, "somehow... Hiril Nightblade got 'past' that outer guard. Find someone more rested to relieve whoever it is... and make sure he gets some sleep of his own. Then come back... and between all of us, we'll get our plans finished!"

redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2004 01:21
Giel was again in a spin. He didn't know whether or not to trust this stranger. His leader gave him no clues. HIs face was generally impassive. Siri seemed to dislike emmensely this new-comer, but then Siri seemed to dislike more people thatn Anguron (No offense meant).
Giel didn't really care. He was at the mentally tired stage where he did or died. He knew he was either to die or live, and it was that simple. He would finish this. The only problem was that they weren't doing anything.
Giel was trying not to become restless.
SamoftheShire
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2004 02:07
"A spy, huh?" Elenath said as he sat down next to Giel. "Are they sure it's a spy?" He said.
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: September 29, 2004 03:43
Aldalas looked to each of the speakers, surprised at the typically-collected Sirieth's temper. He stood off a bit, not wishing to be involved in an argument, verbal or otherwise. However, he practically edged toward Sirieth, prepared to put up her blade with his own, should she become aggressive further.

"Aldalas, Duath, Huntress," he called, "Let's get back to our discussion. Elenath... Giel...," Angúron stopped, and looked at the two elves seriously, "somehow... Hiril Nightblade got 'past' that outer guard. Find someone more rested to relieve whoever it is... and make sure he gets some sleep of his own. Then come back... and between all of us, we'll get our plans finished!"

Aldalas hesitated for a moment. His mind told him that yet again here he was caught between a confrontation of his companions and a new comer. He almost felt like siding with Keli, the ellath, and yet his loyalty and his father's commands kept him to Anguron and thus Sirieth. His obediance to his leader was prompt, as he cooly followed his companions.

"Sir?" he said, rather questioningly to gain the elf-captain's attention. Anguron glanced at him. "I have little more to say than I have already shown. With your permission, I will see to the changing of the guard?"
gwendeth
Send Message
on: September 29, 2004 04:44
"Sir?" he said, rather questioningly to gain the elf-captain's attention. Anguron glanced at him. "I have little more to say than I have already shown. With your permission, I will see to the changing of the guard?"

"As you wish," Angúron replied, and then turned to Duath. "I need you to add Shadowstrike's information to the map Aldalas has made. Everything needs to be taken into consideration!"

While he waited for Duath, the elven commander sent, "Reinechil! Le pedin ad! Sedho!* Hiril Nightblade is no spy... nor is she naught but a VERY talented Healer! She is not without her own warrior-skills either - both of which ARE welcome! There is enough strain between us all - and more is NOT needed! Go... show her to the worst injured, and make such amends as you can! Heniach??"**

Sirieth paled under Angúron's steely glare, but he was right. After a few moments, the elleth nodded slowly, though she didn't reply. Before she left the black-haired ellon's presence, though, the Huntress unbuckled her sword, and set it on the ground. "I won't need this... at least for now," she said, and went to obey her Condir's command.

"Hiril," Siri said quietly, and bowed slightly to the Healer who'd joined them. "If you will allow me... the warriors over here are in most need of help... though," she went on, "I'm sure that someone with your skill has seen that already." Looking straightly at the other elleth, the Huntress continued, "If I have offended you... it was not intentional, Healer Nightblade. We have had too many 'surprises' these past few days... and only just rescued Duath a short time ago. We - ALL of us are tired... and... our... my nerves and reflexes are on edge. If you will allow it, perhaps, we could 'start' again? I am Reinechil Sirieth of Lothlorien - and I am honored to make your acquaintance."

~~~~~~~~~~~
* I tell you again! Be quiet (calm)!
** Do you understand?

[Edited on 30/9/2004 by gwendeth]
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2004 06:43
Keli watched as Siri came over.......... without her sword.... and offered to start over.........

"Reinechil Sirieth of Lothlorien.... I am Keliastral DuSigil of Imaldris....... Healer...... and according to Elrond a very infuriating elleth when tired......"

She turned to the ellyn......and then back to Siri....

"And my father, before anyone tells you...which would have to be Duath.... or Condir Anguron.... is Saer DuSigil of Imladris......... I have a tendency huntress to over-react to threats....... either percieved or not.... and....."

Keli blushed.......

"When Elrond sent me..... I figured you KNEW I was coming........ I never expected Elrond not to far speak to anyone here and warn them..... Your slightly less than warm welcome startled me..... and made me angry that although I was needed, I was not really welcome here......

I was wrong about that....."

Keli pointed to Duath standing with Aldalas and Anguron.....

"We have to get him back to Imladris as soon as possible...... If we do not...he will die Huntress..... The Modor Iron will kill him.... I can keep him alive to fight the battle to come.... but after it is done, if we succeed.... we MUST go right away............."

As Keli spoke...... she treated the ellyn in front of her........ humming softly when not speaking........ and gently touching each one when done........

When she wobbled a bit upon standing.... she smiled at Siris handon her shoulder....

I know you farspeak......... and YOU don't remember me at all from Lothlorien do you Huntress.... The pestering elleth from Imladris..... who despite ALL you tried always managed to find you......

I have always been impressed with your skill....... and Haldir never minded if i tried to find you because it kept me off of the Northern Marches and out of his hair!

SamoftheShire
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2004 02:10
Elenath lounged around, wishing he had something to do. He got up and walked around the camp for a little while but then went back to the tree. He saw the newcomer healing some elves at the far end of the camp and watched.
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: September 30, 2004 08:26
Aldalas nodded and strode off. Finding the exhausted elf, he smilingly told the guard to rest. The watch who had been posted merely gave a slight nod and walked away to rest.

Aldalas then sought out a less tired guard and posted him in the place. From there, he decided to walk the perimeter of camp and see that all the other sentries were able...

The night coming on was pleasant, belying the edge of the the knife on which this endeavor stood. Aldalas' keen eyes saw passibly well even in this twilight falling. He walked silently, his heart lifting as it had not in some time. Though outwardly cheerful, for some while, he had felt despairingly of this venture. Yet the peace of the evening lightened his thoughts of their darkness as the stars of Varda spangled the sky.

Menel, losing interest in Anguron and Duath's discussion, flew noiselessly in search of her master and friend. Lighting on a nearby branch, she cocked her head to one side and was ackowledged by Aldalas', who's keen senses, she rarely managed to evade.

He spoke softly to the hawk, stroking her as she hopped to her place on his archer's arm-guard. Carrying her with him, he continued.

After a time, he round to behind where Keli and Sirieth were speaking. His heart was glad that the contention was gone. Not wishing to eavesdrop unwanted, however, Aldalas stepped forward and made his presence known.
redwallreader
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2004 01:44
And found Giel already there. "I was curious too." he said quietly.
kaazebrabeads
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2004 03:15
Keli smiled..........

"Mae Govannen Hir Aldalas and Giel........ I am Keliastral DuSigil of Imladris..... Forgive me for the very rude way I came in to your company..... Three nights ago I was sent to Mirkwood by Elrond with little or no explinations.... except the order to go......

I should have been less of a nusance and more of a help..... and my entrance here is probably going to earn me work in the apothecary when I return.... If Elrond knew to send me here, he'll know of my less than stellar entrance...."

Keli motioned for them to sit....

"Both of you have nicks and cuts... I would like to treat them if I may......And Those blisters need to be treated so they'll be calloused, not sore......"

Keli moved quietly and started to gather things out of her pack.......

"And if I can.I will help............... For I can fight and have before...."
shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: October 01, 2004 05:32
Aldalas, formal in his manners, bowed slightly and smiled at the ellath. Allowing Menel to attend to her own business, as she tired of watching the elves converse, he came forward at Keli's invitation.

"Both of you have nicks and cuts... I would like to treat them if I may......

Aldalas was not inclined to be attended to. He put some space between himself and Keliastral. His injuries were not severe and as they had not annoyed him the past few days while unattended, he was reluctant to 'waste the healer's time'.

"I believe that you would do better to help others far worse than I." His blue eyes were not stubborn, however he verbally declined the offer. He pushed back that diffiicult strand of hair that had never found its place recently and looked as well as possible. He had an idea that Keli would not be put off so easily, nonetheless.
<< First910111213Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email