Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Ehdelwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post List: How to scare people (With LOTR, der!)
on: April 05, 2004 04:19
-Start saying the ring poem in black speech when angered.
-Curse people in Elvish
-Start singing in Elvish
-Start writing Elvish.... EVERYWHERE
-Ask the History teacher when you will be learning about the War of the Ring
-Call your friend in the Elvish name in public
-Yell "Khazad-Dum!" In Phy-ed (sorry about spelling)
-quote LOTR
-Tell everyone you are saving for plastic surgery.... to make your ears pointy (whistles and looks far far away)
-Sing LOTR songs to yourself
-when angered yell "You are all going to die!"
-Make drawings of LOTR

Well that's all I can think of. Please add
tuttleturtle
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: List: How to scare people (With LOTR, der!)
on: April 05, 2004 04:22
just have to say some depend where you are, for example, my history teacher probably will teacher the War of the Ring more directly than he has already
Ehdelwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 04:24
What??? You got taught that. SO NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry::cry::cry:
pippinsscarf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 04:25
haha I've said the Ring Poem in Black Speech at someone. Actually This kid asked me to say it to another kid. THe kid I said it to was kinda confoosed!! hahah it was great

OH another thing is randomly say the thing arwen says to the Ringwraith in elvish hahah teh responces are the best!
Ehdelwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 04:28
-Start playing tig in public.

I've scared people with that. It's actually really fun.
tuttleturtle
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 04:46
response to I've been taught that?
it was more teaching of it throw tangents, but basically yes, I have. We derectly did Battle of Five Armies earlier this year

other ways to scare people:
do parts of projects you have to show the class in elvish (I've done this)
go through a long complicated proof about some useless detail that somehow relates in to what you were talking about (I've done this on neopets and scared them)
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2004 07:26
--Stare into space, when someone notices you, burst out laughing, for no apparent reason. When they ask why you're laughing, launch into a long explanation involving a lot of cast-speech (quotes and stuff that most people wouldn't understand) and pantomiming and Elvish and fragmented speech. as in, "Lembas *laugh* commercial, *don mild british accent* I always called that my lembas commercial, one bite fills the stomach of a grown man and then bret would have drowned and I can imagine myself babbling on and on, could I be more of an airhead-- *strong american accent* but sean was directing the 'copters in *pantomime motioning 'copters in*. Giddown!!" all while laughing hilariously. (*does this a LOT, this is a direct quote*)
--Write your name on assignments in tengwar
--Answer questions from the teacher in Elvish
--Make and wear elf-style robes and dresses (*does this too*)
--Write all over your arm... quotes, tengwar, cirth daeron, JRRT symbol, poems, songs, etc... (I finally let it fade after my arm starting looking like I had a truly massive bruise of blue and black and green...lol)
--Growl and grimace like eomer...
--Wear Elvish hairstyles
--Learn Aragorn's song from RotK... eta earello utulien (etcetera) and sing it a lot
--Sing songs from the soundtracks, hum the orchestral parts... while playing football in PE
--Write formal essays about LotR, elvish, Tolkein, and nething else related
DiamondxOfxLongxCleeve
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2004 11:10
Nyehehehe, I do most of these things. Even though I don't mean to frighten people, they're reactions are hillarious! A few others:

-If people ask where you live/ for your address, tell them Bag End (or other ME locations)
-Name ordinary objects (e.g. a pencil, your shoes) after LOTR characters....Especially good if you loose them "Where's Shadowfax? I can't find my Shadowfax!"
-Renact the battle of Helm's Deep with different peices of your lunch...With sound effects
-Call things My preciousssss (I do this regularly)
-Announce your visiting Lothlorien over Spring Vacation
-If people upset you, start "gollum-ing" at them
-Wear a gold ring on a chain around your neck

[Edited on 6/4/2004 by DiamondxOfxLongxCleeve]
Ehdelwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2004 03:50
I told people I was going to the Gap of Rohan for vacation. Really funny.

-Play Lord Of the Pants.(this REALLY scares them. Believe me, I scarred someone for life. They told me this)
-I tell everyone I'm an elf. They believe me.(that could be because everyone is used to my random babbling and thinks I'm a nutcase.:dizzy
-Tell everyone you were followed by Black Riders
-Make VSD bookmarks
-Quote VSD
Tell everyone that "They are coming!" and run off screaming.

Yes I tend to do alot of these things. Except I say that I come from Rivendale.
tuttleturtle
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2004 04:41
I do alot of these regually, not meaning to scare people

off the write formal essays...
not only formal essays but the most important ones, like one that partually determines if you graduate

be Gollum over a random odem (i.e. a chair)
Grey_Pilgrim
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2004 04:54
I've taken to singing (trying to) Aragorn's song from ROTK at work from time to time. Don't know if it's actually scaring anyone, but it's probably worrying them.

When one of my friends bought the books recently I gave him a bookmark with a ring attached. He promptly cut the ring off & put it on a chain round his neck. Again, I don't think it's scaring anyone, but it's got his girlfriend a bit worried. But...

I heard that when their daughter was born, and when the nurse handed her to my friend to hold for the first time, he called her "My Precious" without realising it. This definitely scared his future wife, and possibly the hospital staff too!

[Edited on 7/4/2004 by Grey_Pilgrim]
pippinsscarf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2004 05:01
--Stare into space, when someone notices you, burst out laughing, for no apparent reason. When they ask why you're laughing, launch into a long explanation involving a lot of cast-speech (quotes and stuff that most people wouldn't understand) and pantomiming and Elvish and fragmented speech. as in, "Lembas *laugh* commercial, *don mild british accent* I always called that my lembas commercial, one bite fills the stomach of a grown man and then bret would have drowned and I can imagine myself babbling on and on, could I be more of an airhead-- *strong american accent* but sean was directing the 'copters in *pantomime motioning 'copters in*. Giddown!!" all while laughing hilariously. (*does this a LOT, this is a direct quote*)
--Write your name on assignments in tengwar
--Answer questions from the teacher in Elvish
--Make and wear elf-style robes and dresses (*does this too*)
--Write all over your arm... quotes, tengwar, cirth daeron, JRRT symbol, poems, songs, etc... (I finally let it fade after my arm starting looking like I had a truly massive bruise of blue and black and green...lol)
--Growl and grimace like eomer...
--Wear Elvish hairstyles
--Learn Aragorn's song from RotK... eta earello utulien (etcetera) and sing it a lot
--Sing songs from the soundtracks, hum the orchestral parts... while playing football in PE
--Write formal essays about LotR, elvish, Tolkein, and nething else related

^^^haha those are great I like em!!
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2004 12:17
I do much of this stuff without realizing it.
and just before I read this, I was singing Aragorn's coronation song
my friend made me mad, so I started saying the thing that Arwen says to the Ringwraits at the ford and she was very, very confused and frightened.

-call all of your friends by names in elvish or names of LotR characters, even naming them after horses if you need too
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2004 03:16

-Wear a gold ring on a chain around your neck

odd, they (the cast) addressed this in the cast commentaries on FotR EE and they were saying how fans would come up, and they'd be wearing one rings, and they'd think, "Y'know, y'better not hold on to that for very long..." and it was very funny.

*this one scares my teachers, they think i'm depressed and stuff... one actually wants me to go to counseling. and here I am, perfectly insane, and I'm like... "whaa...? why?"* ne way...
--Stand off in a corner, away from everyone else, and recite LotR in a monotone voice... and when someone asks why, just give them an answer like, "Two halflings." or "Then it is forfeit." or "Like a morn in early spring, still clinging to winter's chill." (something not obviously a quote from lotr, like "my precious" is, but completely irrevelant to what they asked...)
orli_bloom
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2004 07:57
Everytime I mention something about LOTR there is someone I know who always gives me weird looks...lol.
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2004 11:57
Heehee I do all of these things. My friends are terrified to mention anything vaguely LOTR related - even the name Bagout!!!

What's always good is that wehn you're late and they tell you reply with, "A wizard is never late, [person's name] no is (s)he early, (s)he arrives precisly when (s)he means to!"
tarkena
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 12, 2004 12:35
I luv this stuff everyones putting on this... quite a few people at school say my precious a bit too often... maybe other quotes would be good too... Im going to use this stuff!! hheeeeheeee
Eowyn22
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2004 10:09
I often sing "Our Road Goes Ever On and On" and "Hey Ho to the Bottle I Go" :cheers: .People look at me like :twitch:.It's really funny!
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2004 10:29
much to the comfusion of her parents, my friend and I linked our arms together and danced around singing "Hey ho to the bottle I go"
I love this thread. very funny!
~Nuelda~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2004 03:44
-Relate people to LotR people and scenes (EX: "You remind me of when Aragorn chopped the head of Lurtz!)
-Doodle Elvish EVERYWHERE
-Make a LotR binder (Last Homely House)
-Scream Elvish on the playground in tag or something. (I scream 'Release arrows' in Elvish at girls..even though I am a girl..but I stick with boys...whatever!)
-Laugh at when Orcs die
-You memorized every song from LotR and sing them...a lot
-Say quotes at random moments
-You chant 'Elbereth Githloniel' when in danger.

I do all of these!!

[Edited on 2/5/2004 by ~Nuelda~]
Deladrieng
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2004 05:38
(since im american) i use a dixie cup and play cup with my friends. its a VERY addicting game and i quote lotr in public and around my house.. just about everywhere and i love peoples reactions to it. haha this is great!
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 10:56
**if you're a movie/actor fan, quote half-fling. It's a song, recorded by Dom and Lij and can be found at www.aerindipity.com/music/halffling.mp3 . Quite often, I end up skipinning (skipping and spinning) down the halls yelling "SHABADOFOODO, ASUMINUFAMINEENA!! ZUBOGATEE? AHDO! CASAMANANADOSEMITEEDO!!"-- it's a wonder I haven't been told to stop it yet... I think I'm regarded as the crazy genius. People call me Encyclopedia and Elfy. Nice mix, don't you think? lolllllllollollollollololol,!!
**this one probably won't make sense to you, but if someone goes off on a tangent, say, "I had an omelette for breakfast". It has to do with a fanfic making fun of Viggo's propensity for leaving really strange phone messages...
**If someone you don't like asks you your name, or how you're doing, or anything just smalltalk-ish, answer, "Not its business, precious! Cold be heart and hand and bone, cold be travellers far from home. They do not see what lies ahead, when sun is failed and moon is dead..."
**Randomly quote the cast commentaries in regular speech. Sometimes he's a bus. (said by Dom of Gollum..."Gollum's a real interesting character. Sometimes he's old, sometime's he's young, or a monkey, or a frog. Sometimes he's a bus.")
**People have talked about Aragorn's song... how 'bout Eowyn's chant/song at Theodred's funeral in the TTEE? (only got to see TTEE yesterday, haven't memorized it yet...soon, yes precious, soon...)
**Carry the books/movies/soundtracks etc everywhere with you. I nearly always have the books with me. like, nearly always.
**Hold a contest with your friends (if they're lotr freaks) on reciting it. One of my friends and I can do the entire FotR and TTT straight through if you give us long enough. We can also do the first three chapters of FotR. Which, I'll have you know, is 124 pages. At least in my copies.
**When you have to go to some... social function... that you don't really wanna go to (like that All-school in-school party yesterday... the entire school had to go, and they had the doors guarded), lurk in a corner and talk about how you could let Her do it... yes, precious, she could do it. But the fat hobbit knows! He sees you! Then you poke out his eyeses and make him crawl...yes, yes!.
**Debate with yourself the merits of letting her do it. It's too risky, too risky!!
**Answer teachers in your best voice. Gollum works especially well, if you can do it properly.
**Break out in tears in the middle of the hall way, walk off sobbing about how glorfindel got cut... or at least, i do poor glorfi... Bombadil works too. Or a scene.
**If you have an aquarium, tend it, add fish, add plants, etc, while singing "the rock and pool, is nice and cool, our only wish, to catch a fish, so juicy SWEET!!"
**Your math teacher asks a question you don't understand. "You don't see it, do you?" is the correct response
tuttleturtle
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 11:46
This is the opposite way than the other ones but I have scared people this way (well in a similar way). You need to be in a room of fans (Who don't know you are a fan) and ask a question like "Wormtongue? Pippin? who are these people?"(right after seeing rotk) or something like "You mean there is a diiference betweem Gollum and Gandalf?" My friend and I have scared people by explaining her mom and my sister were the ones who said these.
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 01:23
- If someone you don't like interrupts your conversation, totally snap at them and say "What do you know about it? Nothing!"

oh gosh I am so guilty of a lot of this stuff. And if I'm not guilty yet, I soon will be cause these are great ideas for scaring the norms (aka normal people aka non-LotR fans )
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 10:59

**this one probably won't make sense to you, but if someone goes off on a tangent, say, "I had an omelette for breakfast". It has to do with a fanfic making fun of Viggo's propensity for leaving really strange phone messages..
I do this all the time when I get bored of whatevr someody's talking about my favourite is "It was a birthday present, wasn't it?" They got soooo confoosed! :evil:

**People have talked about Aragorn's song... how 'bout Eowyn's chant/song at Theodred's funeral in the TTEE? (only got to see TTEE yesterday, haven't memorized it yet...soon, yes precious, soon...)

Yes! I do that!

**Carry the books/movies/soundtracks etc everywhere with you. I nearly always have the books with me. like, nearly always.

And that!
**Answer teachers in your best voice. Gollum works especially well, if you can do it properly.

My poor french teacher is usually the victim of this. When I speak French in my gollum voice! Mon granpere dont la soeure habite au Canada in a gollum voice is always fun!

**Your math teacher asks a question you don't understand. "You don't see it, do you?" is the correct response

You mean maths teacher's ask questions that you understand!! I never do and I always reply with that!
SugerCaine21
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2004 04:27
I'm just starting to read the LotR, so yes I constantly have the books with me. I have a friend however that is very very obsessive.
-she threatened physical harm upon anyone who tried to take the LotR series from her for our book report choices.
-she wears the One Ring around her neck and refers to is as her "precious", and if we ask to see it or mention it in any way we(me and my friends) get slapped, hard, across the face.
-she refuses to tell me how to pronounce the writing on the ring because it is "n'quel"
-It is quite common to hear her screaming or arguing with people in elvish
-she slapped me for not knowing Tom's song, all twelve dwarves, Pippin's bath song, and several other things two days after I started the series.
-she reads and writes elvish faster than english(she freaked out our english teacher the other day because she was paying attention to the group disscussion and not her notes. as a result, they were in elvish)
-If you recieve a note from her, you had better read elvish.

There are several others. She says I'm starting to sound like her gardener Samwise. Although I can actually talk to her now that I have read the FotR and TTT.
2ndbreakfast
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2004 10:45
I play the cello in orchestra, and it was a free day. So the entire hour and a half of class I played every single song from LOTR that I could think of, because I can play by ear.
Every single song.
Eventually, people shut up and listened to me before they realised what I was playing, then they freaked.
Plus, I can do a Gollum impression, so I'll say something like him in class when it gets really quiet. And people tell me I look like Galadriel, so I do a nifty impression of her when she turns blue, and people freak out. And people also tell me I look like Arwen (I don't know how it is I can look like both, I've got brown/red hair, but a Cate Blanchett face, I guess), so I repeat some of her lines, and people freak. But my favourite is still the Gollum voice. I once answered a telemarketer with that... they never called back.
"What'sss it trying to sssell thisss time, preciousss? Oh, it does sound nice... like sssweet juicy fisssh." :heart:
2ndbreakfast
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2004 10:48
Aaand one of my friends got confuzzled about a story line, so I drifted off for an hour explaining the entire topography of Middle Earth and the character's traits and how they all got along, and why everything was so necessary in the story and blah blah blah. All they did was accidentally say, "Arwen, that blond lady from the horse place, was my favourite."
Big mistake around me, I suppose! :cry:
snoopy_hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2004 10:59
I've heard 2ndbreakfast's Gollum impression, it is really good but anyways, what I am posting for.
-Reference every single thing to LotR somehow
-Well, I've done this. I have my own one ring at home that I sometimes wear, when people wish to "see it" I go nuts and start acting like Gollum saying such things as "It's mine precioussss. Theys triesss to sstealsss it from us, preciousss. Evil fat hobbitsss." And I will start doing the Gollum cough that sounds like a cat coughing up a hair ball. It makes people stare at me and say I am weird.
-covering almost all your binders in LotR pics
-saying the LotR is the best epic tale ever.
SugerCaine21
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2004 11:19
When you carry a sindar dictionary with you at all times, and rather than doing your english work, you discover the 33rd letter of the elvish alphabet. That was alot of fun, who knew eo was a letter?
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2004 05:14
But my favourite is still the Gollum voice. I once answered a telemarketer with that... they never called back.
"What'sss it trying to sssell thisss time, preciousss? Oh, it does sound nice... like sssweet juicy fisssh." :heart:

Classic! I must try that sometime!
Findulas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2004 09:46
-When you start quoting the whole second breakfast thing from FotR an start freaking everyone out with your version of your already Scottish accent.
-When you start hitting everyone and insulting them in elvish when they insult LotR
-When you start rambling inaudibly about 'my precious' finishing(my friends have finally clicked what my precious is)
-When you start calling your Dad Ada and he understands it(my Dad is a fan but not as obessed as it with me)
-Go mad at your teacher for putting a LotR poster the wrong way round when he put's the Orc up instead of Legolas.
-When sing Éowyn's chant and Aragorn's chant and can also sing Gollum's Song and Into the West, word perfect.

I also stare into space and start talking about LotR and freak the whole class out.

I also live right at the start of the Highlands(I live in Scotland) and always when I look at them think of LotR and then tell your friends how Scotland has perfect scenery for LotR.
2ndbreakfast
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2004 10:29
Oh my gah. I just listened to the Half Fling, and I feel a lot better about what I write on my guitar. I don't feel so alone in my strangeness now, because the members in my band think some of my stuff is pretty strange... Whoever posted it, I love you!
I had something else... what was it... Oh, play Tig in the hallways at school. I do it all the time with some friends. No one gets it when you start poking eachother yelling "TIG!" "TOG!" and then making elephant noises. But, that is the point of being so strange, isn't it, preciousss? :evil:
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2004 05:37

I also live right at the start of the Highlands(I live in Scotland) and always when I look at them think of LotR and then tell your friends how Scotland has perfect scenery for LotR.

I do that all the time! I live in Fife
alduya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2004 10:44
-Start playing tig in public.

I've scared people with that. It's actually really fun.

Yeah! I'm not the only one who watches the commentaries!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email