Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
Post The path of the Pathless (Join!!!! Freee!!!!! Should be good)
on: April 08, 2004 02:49
(About the title, it has as of yet NOTHING TO DO WITH the story, because there isn't a story yet. I am completely open for this roleplay, it can be serious or not too serious, join and shape your own destiny.."Decisions are made by those who show up"

I really have no idea how i want it to be, but i would like to make this roleplay something special, out of the ordinary. I know there are plenty of talented writers out there...so come do your thing!!!!Thanks, and JOIN!!!)

Arthelmein sat down on a rock, discouraged. He took his pack off his shoulder, and rummaged through it, coming up disastrously short on rations. He figured they only had enough water to last for the rest of today, and nearly no cram whatsoever. He turned despairingly to Kehlret, a half-giant and his traveling companion standing stonily a few yards away.

"I guess we are going to half to tighten our belts my friend."

~I don't wear a belt~ came the reply flashed back at him in a series of quick hand signals that Arthelmein had to strain to get all of. He shrugged, amused by Kehlret's calm practicality. He took a few precious sips of water and handed the flask to Kehlret.

He sat in contemplation for a while longer, taking of his mudstained and shabby brown cloak and rusted scabbard and laying them down on the rock beside of him so he could think. He reflected on his situation.

He was an outcast from the Dunedain society, a failed Ranger. He had never had been able to sneak around or run fast like a Ranger was supposed to do, and he probably couldn't track a huge noisy bear's path through a pile of dry crispy grass. Pretty much all he had going for him was that he could fight like an elf, but this was a little iffy with the state of his sword...

He who falls behind is left behind in the Dunedain community, and Arthelmein had been a liability from the day when he first started real patrols, solo and in groups with other Rangers. Of course, they had given hims second chances, and thirds, but he couldn't make the cut. He was too careless, too shabby in demeanor and appearance, not skilled at any of the right things...

And so know he was sitting here who-knows-how far from the nearest civilization (He was heading for Bree, he guessed) with nought but a name and his shoddy garments, and a half giant named Kehlret. He straghtened his back from when he was sitting down, and rebuckled his swordbelt about his waist as he got up. He put on his cloak, and tied the strings.

As he turns desparagingly to face the empty horizon to the south, we see the quintessence of Arthelmein in a stance. His slight form has one shoulder lightly cocked, his brow furrowed in a way, almost confused, almost angry, but more of something totally different,he seemed almost puzzled by the bleak world and it's inhabitants. He was slightly slouched, one hand on his hip on his decayiing belt. His tattered cloak swirls about his shoulders in a murky wind.

A bit of stray hair falls across his face, and he pushes it away distractedly, back to join the mess of the rest of his hair up there somewhere. His eyes are muddy brown, and full of a sort of puzzled sorrow. His face is sort of thin, clean and unlined, with thin eyebrows typical for someone only 18 years of age. He smiles sadly at the sort of futility of the world, but then pushes away such nihilistic thoughts and returns to his carefree normal self.

"Well we've got a ways to go, eh Kehlret?"

The giants face split into a million litttle cracks as his mouth opened in a big smile.

Arthelmein shouldered his pack and resumed walking southwards, hopefully toward Bree. His jaunty gait was in sharp contrast to the half-giants lumbering rolling walk. It was a painful hybrid between a cutting sorrow that drags the feet of all persons without home or family and the light jaunt of a young man in the prime of his youth. The two made a sorry sight as they walked through fields and forests, both knowing that they could never make it all the way without more water, but still clinging to hope against hope...only a miracle could save them now.

(sry i have a little trouble stopping writing)

[Edited on 10/4/2004 by Caegaraneva]
Lady_Lily
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The path of the Pathless (Join!!!! Freee!!!!! Should be good)
on: April 09, 2004 06:03

((Mind if I jump in? I'm going to play my shieldmaiden, Eleyn))

Eleyn sighed and sat down. She was tired of traveling, but most of all, she dispised her annoying older brother. Yes he was but an age older than her, but that didn't make him boss her around like that. Setting her pack down she threw rocks into the brooke from the water's edge. She was furious with her brother group. Not letting her join the Rider's because she was a woman. She yelled out in anger and threw another rock. "So what If am I woman? I can fight just as well as any man!"

Eleyn dropped down and sat on a flat rock, deep in thought. She turned around as she heard voices. Her eyes peirced through the woods. She had been traveling for days, just to get away from her brother, but had her brother followed her? How many leagues had she traveled to reach one sign of civilization. She stood up and walked towards the voices. As she got closer she slowed down and lurked behind bushes. Finally she reached where they were coming from. A ranger and a giant were sitting before a colony of rocks. She stared awhile at the Ranger rummaging through his pack. Eleyn looked over at the Giant. His smile was into a million cracks.

Slowly Eleyn came through the bushes, the tree's twigs snapping at her feet. Ignoring them she pulled out a few twigs from her hair and smiled over at Arthelmein. "Hi, I'm Eleyn from the Edoras." She said throwing a few twigs onto the ground.

She then remembered that she had left her bag over by the brooke. "Are you thirsty? There's a brooke just through those tree's." She added, hoping she had not startled them.

Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2004 08:48
Just as they were starting to walk away, Arthelmein heard a small voice from behind him.

"Hi, I'm Eleyn from the Edoras."

"AAAgh" Cried Arthelmeinh, turning around very fast and drawing his sword, not a very impressive sight, more like a rusted piece of scrap metal. He managed to trip himself on the way over his cloak. He was all to used to being surprised like this, he couldn't tell when something was nearby.

Getting himself up slowly and with dignity once he saw that the stranger posed no threat, he coughed slightly from the dryness in his throat. He was blushing a little to have embarrased himself in front of a capable young woman that her elvish garb and light armor showed her to be.

"Are you thirsty? There's a brooke just through those tree's."

Kehlret, who had been standing impassive with his arms crossed after the initial shock, now almost collapsed, his arms hanging down at his sides, his jaw dropped and his eyes wide. He grinned furiously and started makeing wild hand signals to Arthelmein, a mixture of anger that the "ranger" hadn't noticed the brook that probably had been no more than 100 yards away from them the whole time, and partly just happy to have water.

Now that Arthelmein cocked his ear and really listened he could hear the faintest burble. Him and Kehlret both started jumping up and down, Arthelmein whooping loudly and Kehlret making a sort of sharp grunt that was the only sound that he could make without a tongue. They were like little children, Kehlret leaping up and down and pounding his chest and arthelmein eventually falling to the the ground and kissing it.

Eleyn just stood there, expression calm but with a slight twitch that might indicate she was about ready to kill them both, or maybe just laugh at them.

"I thank you mistress Eleyn, my greatest thanks indeed, for us witless fools would have walked away from here and died of thirst on the way to Bree if you ohad not come when you did," said Arthelmein, still al ittle breathless from laughing. He sat kneeled at ther feethead down, showing greates respect and thanks. He slowly rose to his feet and said, "I am sorry for my impoliteness milady, I am Arthelmein, former Dunedain Ranger, and this is Kehlret, my friend and traveling companion." Kehlret bowed, his face sincere.

His thoughts were all askew in his head, thrown out of order by his general foolishness as well as the ladies beautiful, penetrating green eyes. "What brings you so far from Rohan milady?"
Lady_Lily
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2004 09:09

Eleyn giggled slightly. "You need not worry about thanks, Arthelmien." She said, a slight smile on her face to see such happiness. She was delighted to help such a handsome man and his friend.
"What brings you so far from Rohan?" He had asked her.

Immeaditly Eleyn groaned aloud. "My brother, He wouldn't let me join the Riders." She said, gentley even though she was furious in her heart at her brother. "He knows I am better than thier leader, Eomer, He knows I can kill an orc faster then he can blink!" She said, shifting her weight and kicking a rock into the water. She took a sharp breath and her shoulders relaxed. "I'm sorry, I act stupid like that, my brother makes me furious." She said, her voice more soft and gentle.

She smiled up at Arthelmein, her pale green eyes sparkling. She took out a water canteen and filled it with water. She took out two others and filled them up, handing them to Khelret and Arthelmein. "You will need those." She said, curtesying slightly. "Do you want to join me? I plan to head to Bree." She added, a slight redness coming to her face. She bit her lip and hoped they didn't notice she was bleeding.
Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2004 11:51
Arthelmeini felt genuinely bad for Eleyn, knowing the pain felt by exiles everywhere, whether from a community, as he, or just from a certain group, like she. And he knew that it would hurt a thousand times worse if the shunning was without reason, like hers was. For she carried herself with the grace of a warrior, and if she said she could fight better than Eomer, leader of the Riders, than he was definetely willing to believe her.

When she offered Arthelmein and Kehlret two skins of water, They bothed stepped back simultaneously, Arthelmein talking to Eleyn and simultaneously translating from Kehlret...

"Oh, no we couldn't take your skins, we have our own, ~we just couldn't find anything to fill them with~. We wouldn't think of cutting into your own water supplies. But as to joining you, I would love to, as we head also to Bree, and such a beautiful young lady such as you will make welcome company. We are at your service milady."

He gave a grand, sweeping bow, feeling at once a little foolish, but also feeling that the gesture fit nicely. Kehlret did an exaggerated mocking imitation of his bow, and Arthelmein playfully punched him on the arm as they came up, both of them laughing. Arthelmein sighed, breathless.

"So which way is it exactly to Bree anyways? I guess somewhere to the south right?"
Lady_Lily
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2004 01:15

Eleyn looked up at the sky. "No, It starts out South though, but then it goes west a tad." She said, as she looked back down at Arthelmein. "My eldest sister, Then short for Thentylarim, Has been to Bree many times, She has told me the way to go, just to look up at the sky and follow the way the clouds go." She looked down at the ground and stared at the rocks.

She smiled and put the canteens in her bag. "We'll need them later then, are you hungry, I believe I can catch some coneys and cook them for luncheon." She added, not wanting to lose conversation with them. She pushed a stray of her black hair away from her face and shook the curls away from her shoulders.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2004 08:27
A young girl sat in a tree some yards from the others. She had long golden blonde hair which rested on her back in uneven curls, framing the soft features of her face. Her honey colored eyes surveyed the ground around her. The hilt of the sword strapped to her back glinted in the sunlight. Looking to the ground, she saw a young lion cub playing with a rock. She couldn't help but laugh as she watched her friend roll around.

Her heightened hearing picked up someone coming through the underbrush. She looked towards the noise, seeing a pure white tiger coming running out. She jumped down from the tree, landing in a crouch gracefully. She had all the appearances of a young elf, but was not. Her eyes glowed golden and her pupils became cat-like slits as she saw a man running after them, bow drawn.

The man entered the clearing she was in, looking at her in surprise as she drew her sword. "The tiger is mine, find your own kill."

The girl laughed. "Your tiger? He belongs to himself. And he will not be my kill...nor will he be yours." In one swift movement, her sword cut through his bow, rendering it useless. He then drew his sword. "Surely you can't take us all on?"

"Us? I only see you."

The girl rolled her eyes. "Perhaps you're too dumb to notice the tiger behind you, the white tiger to your left, and the lion cub to your right?"

The man turned and looked, surprised to see the animals surrounding him. As he turned back to the girl, her feral eyes shone. He barely managed to block her sword as it cut through the air, knicking his arm. The girl grinned as he came at her with his sword. He was faster than she expected, causing her anger to rise.

She blocked his attack, and they fought for awhile. Going back and forth, offense, defense, offense, defense. Finally growing tired of it, the girl knocked the man to the ground in a move that was more feline than human. She stepped on the arm that held his sword, unabling him to use it. He glared up at her. "Leave my friends alone and don't ever let me catch you near them again. If I do, you'll be dead. Understand?"

The man nodded and she released his arm. He stood up and she placed her sword back in its sheath which rested against her back. She turned her back to him and was walking away when he rushed at her. Hearing his movement behind her, and sensing the white tiger's anger, she dropped to the ground, the tiger leaping over her, knocking the man to the ground. He killed the man in one sweep with his large claws.

The white tiger walked away from the body, going to clean himself off. "Thank you Mohan," the girl said. She then turned to the other tiger, who was not quite as large, but still beautiful with his black striped orange coat. "Thank you for being here Ruh." The tiger growled and disappeared into the underbrush.

The girl looked to the lion cub. "Come on Arjuna, let's get out of here."

Hearing the sound of people who were obviously frightened by Mohan, she began walking towards the path he had taken. She came upon the brooke to see two people and a half-giant looking frightened at the site of the large tiger, covered in blood.

"He won't hurt you, unless you decide to try and attack him first." She spoke before she was seen, causing them even more fright. Seeing the lion did not calm their nerves either. "Mohan," she spoke to the white tiger, "go further down the brooke, give them some room." The tiger seemed to understand what she said and went away from them, only to crawl into the water.

She crossed the brooke gracefully. Her weather-worn black pants not touching the water as she lept over it. Her black lace-up tank top revealed strong looking arms. There were barely any scars from battles she had seen, though she had seen many. The lion crossed the water not so gracefully, splashing water all over. The girl smiled as she looked to him. "This is Arjuna. That," she said as she pointed to the white tiger, "is Mohan. Both are quite harmless, save for those who try to attack them, or me." She surveyed the group, seeing that they had calmed a bit. "If you happen to see a tiger nearby, pay him no mind. He is yet another friend of mine, called Ruh."

"So where are you headed? I'm Shalimar by the way." She awaited their answers.

((Shalimar is in the db. Sorry it got so long, I was in the zone, lol. And if you're wondering, she's not an elf, she's a feral. She has feline DNA mixed with her own. Sometimes she tends to act a bit 'catty' hahaha, okay, that was lame, but anyway, check her out. You'll learn more about her.))

Lady_Lily
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2004 08:14

Eleyn stared at the beautiful white tiger and the cub. She kneeled on her knee's and reached her hand out. The tiger didn't move even an inch. Smiling she walked up to it and scratched the back of it's ears and pet it's smooth neck. She had loved tigers and had always wanted one. She looked down at the cub and smiled. Carefully she stuck her finger out and tapped it's nose and played with it. When she heard Shalimar talk she looked up from playing with the cub. The cub was on it's back flaying it's paws in the air gripping at her fingers with it's claws.

"I'm Eleyn, All of us are headed to Bree." She said as the cub scraped at her wrist from more attention. She smiled and tickled it. She took out two peices of meat from the kingdom of Rohan. She offered one to Mohan and then cut some peices off the other one to give to Arjuna. "I love your tigers by the way." She added, feeding one to the cub, ignoring the little nibbles on her fingers. "What is the other one you were talking about? What does it look like?"

((Hope you don't mind that Flash In real life I love tigers!))
Taur_othar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2004 11:18
(ooc: Do you mind if I join? I'll leave if you want me to. My character is listed on the database thing)

Nimthoron almost laughed. She knew the local animals well and being a half-elf, she found mortal's surprise amusing.

What shall we do, mistress? came the question from Urlan flying above. His mindspeaking talents came in handy for them when they were following people. Screeching was too loud and, in his opinion, made him sound like a mindless pidgon.

We'll wait and find out what they'll do next. If they find us, we will do our best to convince them that we arn't enemies. She shifted a bit before giving silent signals to Mandar, telling him to get the others moving. he nodded and took off silently.

Are we enemies? came another question from Urlan.

No. If we were, they'd be dead already she snapped back

Urlan gave a mental 'oh' and continued to circle above while Nimthoron watched from the forest. Hellsbane and Smaug were coming quietly with Mandar from behind
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2004 04:52
((Yes Taur_othar, leave.....j/k! lol. It's not up to me anyways.))

Shalimar looked to Eleyn as she said, 'I love your tigers' her face became serious. "They are not mine. They belong to themselves." She looked behind Eleyn. "And as for Ruh, see for yourself." She pointed a few yards away to a smaller tiger with an orange coat and deep black stripes. He was not as easy-going as Mohan and Arjuna, and allowed only Shal and a few close others to touch him.

With a quiet growl he strode to Shal's side, laying on the ground lazily. Shal looked down into his eyes then turned in the direction of Urlan, then Nimthoron. "Are you following me again?" A smile spread across her lips as Ruh got up and walked over to Nimthoron. "You should know by now Nimthoron that I know your companions. And wherever they are, you're not far behind."

((hope you don't mind. we can be like old friends!))
Taur_othar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2004 05:47
(ooc: I don't mind at all!)

Nimthoron acually laughed this time and lept out of her hiding place.

"I've never heard a truer statement" she said. Urlan came to her arm and Hellsbane, Mandar, and Smuag came from behind. Nimthoron laughed harder at the looks the people were giving her at seeing her warg. Shal looked amused.

"Don't worry, I raised him myself with a wizard to help me. He only eats people who annoy me." Nimthoron scratched Smaug's ears before looking around at the group.

What happen's now? came the quiet qestion from Mandar.

I really don't know came Nimthoron's answer I guess we wait

Smaug grabbed a stick and trotted to where Shalimar was and dropped it at her feet and wagged his stump of a tail, waiting for her to throw it.
Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2004 11:10
(Don't be silly Taur Othar! of course you can stay notice when it says, Join!!!!Freee!!!)

When the woman wlaked into the clearing, striking and feirce in her black tank top, Arthelmein was taken aback. Two meetings in all of 10 minutes, and after weeks of not seeing a soul!!.

But that was nothing compared to the shock he felt in just another second, when almost simultaneously a huge white tiger and a golden lion cub came dashing into the little clearing on the bank of the brooke. After the original shock, and the realization that these felines aren't going to hurt them, Arthelmein didn't know what to think.

He had never really been around animals much; on a hunt, because he didn't hunt much, finding it sort of cruel to kill an animal for sport, and he couldn't have hunted anything really succesfully even if he had tried, what with his bad tracking skills; nor as pets, becasue he had never wanted the responsibility or the smell. So he was a little uneasy around these ferocious cats, and was a little shy of approaching them. Eleyn had no such compunctions; much to Arthelmeins horror and fear she went directly up to the cat, stroking it's head, and, to his eyes, almost putting her hand in its mouth.

When the woman asked where they were going, Arthelmein took a moment to answer, his eyes staying fixed on the cats, but when Eleyn answered for the both of them, he stammered an agreement, "Yes.. yes thats right, oh, and...Im Arthelmein by the way...nice to meet you."

But just as he said that, and his mind was starting to get over the initial shock of the animals, Shalimar turned around quickly, apparently looking at a hawk floating in the air some ways above them, and she strode toward a bush, calling out.

"Are you following me again? You should know by now Nimthoron that I know your companions. And wherever they are, you're not far behind."

What is this, yet another meeting? he thought to himself confused, And it seems like Shalmiar knows this person.... A slender Elf woman with brown hair walked into the clearing, laughing at something, he wasn't sure what. Behind came a warg...A Warg!!!!!! Arthelmein knew exactly what he thought about wargs, and it was nothing good. He immediately drew his sword and Kehlret ripped out a large hunk of tree.

"Lady, watch out, behind you!!!!" he yelled, concerned first and foremost for the woman who seemed not to be aware of the ferocious beast behind him. They charged as one, Kehlret going to the left of the big beast and Arthelmein towards the right. But they were halted almost in midstep as they slowed suddenly by the upraised hand of the woman, now nearly doubled over in laughter.

Coming upright, she wiped tears out of her eyes, and it apparently this warg was some type of Pet! for this woman...Arthelmein was shocked...He was so overwhelemed.

He opened his mouth to ask for more proper introductions and explanations from all of the people he had just met, but his brain was so overwhelmed he couldn't even say the simplest words. All that came out was...

"Bleh."

He felt ridiculous, shocked,scared, outraged, and amazed, all at the same time.
Lady_Lily
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2004 12:12

Eleyn blushed. "I'm sorry, I should have known." She said in reply to Shalimar. She stood up and walked back over to Arthelmien. "Go on, pet the tigers. They aren't going the hurt you!" She whispered to him, trying her best to be encouraging. A few seconds later a few wargs jumped out of the tree's. She moved out of Arthelmien's way as he and Kehlert picked up thier weapons. Eleyn turned around as a warg came up behind her. She didn't attack, but she didn't have courage either. Her eyes lifted towards Shalimar started laughing at the men. She made a curious face towards her and quickly moved in front of Arthelmien as his warg started to attack.

She started to take out her sword but was too late. It pounced on her, knocking her down. With a shriek she fell to the ground, motionless, leaving Arthelmien open and an easy target. It growled at him and started circling around him, stepping over Eleyn on the way.
Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2004 01:42
(Waaah???Grumblegbbbblebluh????**other various noises of confusion** I was only counting on 1 warg, and a nice one at that...did i miss something? i can edit my post if so, and my apologies to Taur_othar)
Taur_othar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2004 01:45
(ooc: No apology needed.I thought it was just Smaug, and he is tame. I didn't know we had company)
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2004 04:02
((I'm confused too, I thought it was just Smaug. So is there more wargs that are attacking, or what? I'll just post that Smaug is being a brat, lol.))

Shalimar sighed and picked up the stick. She turned as Smaug knocked Eleyn to the ground, circling Arthelmien and growling. "Smaug, you brat." She walked over hitting him in the butt with the stick. "Leave him alone." Smaug turned reluctantly. Shal threw the stick, watching him run after it. She helped Eleyn to her feet. "Are you alright? Smaug likes to mess with people he's just met, especially those he knows are afraid. Did the same thing to me."

She turned to Arthelmien. "He wouldn't have actually hurt you. Just scared you senseless. And as for my friends, they won't hurt you either." Ruh walked to her side, rubbing against her leg. She pet him softly as he walked away, only to disappear in the forest again.

Shalimar turned quickly as she heard frantic squeaking and Smaug's growling. "Excuse me for one second." She ran over to Smaug, grabbing him around the neck just before he got one of the two ferrets in his mouth. "Smaug, leave them along already." She rapped him on the nose with her knuckle and picked up the two ferrets. Walking back towards the others she said, "meet Kodo and Podo. More friends of mine. These guys however, are more trouble than they are help."
Lady_Lily
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2004 11:48
((Oh, I'm sorry! I thought that Ceag was posting that they were more, ugh!!! I'm terribly sorry! *hits herself in the head, virtually* I should listen more often.))

Eleyn smiled. "Yeah I'm fine." She looked up at Arthelmien. "You ok?" She asked, standing up and smiling over at Smaug and the other tigers.
Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2004 03:05
Shaking himself back into the real world, Arthelmein tried to force himself to get over the shock of a pet warg. Eleyn's musical, lilting voice broke through to him.

He blushed furiously, he knew he must seem stupid, practicallly standing slackjawed and looking at the warg. "Yes, yes i am fine, just a little surprised. But are you ok??" His voice gained a note of anxiety. He was honestly hoping she hadn't broken anything, being jumped on by a warg. "Here, come sit down, rest a minute, that must be pretty traumatic, i can't believe i wasn't there in front of you to protect you, if that warg had even been thinking about killing you you would have stood no chance caught unawares like that. I apologize. "

During this he took he wrapped his arm gently around her shoulders and guided her to a log, where she sat. He felt like the gesture maybe was a little too melodramatic, but he had an urge to protect her from now on. Despite the fact that she obviously needed no real protection how competent she is, he had felt a wrench deep in his heart when he had thought for a moment that such a beautiful woman would be killed by a warg right before his eyes only minutes after meeting her.

His voice dropping to a lower, more sincere tone from it's normal jolly lilt, he said, "Listen, I truly am sorry, i really should have been able to do something about that warg. May i ask your forgiveness and the chance to prove myself as a protector in the future? I feel indebted to you, and thus wish to serve you as a protector..." He faltered, not sure what to say, how to express his full range of feelings. On the one hand, he was certainly drawn to this attractive, capable young woman, but he also needed to do this for himself. He needed to prove himself after failing at being a ranger, that he could do something if he set his mind to it and considered it important. In the end he just bent over his head, and taking her smooth, delicate fingers in his, kissed her hand softly. It was an impulse, and he wasn't exactly sure why he did it, but it felt right, and he usually didn't think about his actions first.

(Damnit, i ended up droning on annd on again...it is no wonder u missed something in my other post, it is too long:evil
Lady_Lily
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2004 11:05

As Eleyn sat down on the log she looked up as Arthelmien started speaking. "Oh, no no no no no, Your not indebted to me, It's ok you have no need to be sorry!" She said, staring up into his eyes. She didn't speak as he lifted her hand. She had her confused look on her face until he kissed her hand. She tilted her head and smiled as he lowered it. Her eyes averted back and forth to his. She leaned forward and kissed him. As she pulled back she whispered to him. "You deserve to be with the Rangers, Your better than the rest and I'd always risk my life for you, and you need not devot for me."

(( I like when you drone on and on, Your a great writer. I start things a little early, meaning, I skip the details and get on with my main point))
Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2004 03:30
When Eleyn leaned forward unexectedly and kissed him, softly and quickly on the lips, Arthelmein was very surprised, and pleasantly. He blushed furiously, completely at the whim of the million different feelings flooding through him, he wanted to hold her, and kiss her, and never let go...he was infatuated at first sight. But then again, it was first sight, and that was what made this so awkward, he had just met the lady for goodness sake. Still burning crimson he turned away slightly, avoiding her merrily sparkling green eyes as she whispered to him.

Searching desperately for something to say, to break the sort of odd silence, Eleyn obviously enjoying his embarrasment immensely, and him turning colors he didn't know existed, he cleared his throat saying, "Achem, well then, if you would risk your life to save mine, and i have sworn to protect you with my life, that makes us pretty good adventurers together, like in the stories eh? Of course if you die for me, and i die for you that doesn't do much good..." A feeble attempt, but an attempt nonetheless. He had been very touched by her words, even more than by her marvelous kiss, however brief. Arthelmein wasn't used to feelings like he was having right now, Rangers living in effective isolation...and despite having kissed his share of women he had never really got into a relationship deeply, and didn't know that this sort of touched feeling, and acheing heart from looking at a person were feelings deeper than he could understand so early.

(I am working on a db entry for Arthelmein, i feel a little like a slacker without it in this thread, , shuld be up, oh in a couple of months or so based on previous indications of my work ethic...)
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2004 05:10
((hey, so sorry to do this, but I'm gonna have to leave. I'm in a bunch of other threads that I've been in for longer, so I have to stay commited to them. I might still jump back in if I get the chance. It was fun while it lasted!))

Shalimar disappeared without saying a word, her animal friends following silently.

Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 09:55
He was only vaguely aware of the lady with the tigers leaving silently, as her friend waved. He shook his head to clear it from an oncoming headache. He couldn't concentrate on more than one person at atime, so he turned his attention back to the dazzling Eleyn.
Lady_Lily
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 11:05
Eleyn shook her head. "No," She started, after she stopped shaking her head. "I do not want you risking your life for me, I don't need it." Her eyes softened and stared into his. She had only just met this man and she had no clue why she kissed him but it felt right to her. Slowly she looked down at her hands in his. She smiled as they had the same color. Slightly pale but still a bit of tan bore there. She looked back up at Arthelmien and tilted her head. Smiling she patted his knee and stood up. But her legs had not got thier steadiness yet so she eventually fell back down. She growled and wished that Wargs never even exsisted.

Eleyn stood up again and used a little stick for support. She walked over to the fire that was made earlier and took something out of her bag. As she warmed up the roast she offered some Lembas bread to Arthelmien. Smiling slightly she lowered her eyes to the ground and glared at a shadow. She looked up in the sky and saw a fell beast. On it's back was a Nazgul.

[Edited on 15/4/2004 by Lady_Lily]
Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 02:03
"Aaaauaccck!!!! Bakaah!!!!" shouted Arthelmein in wild confusion and momentary fear as the Nazgul swooped down out of the sky, effectively directly at them. However his fear was gone in an instant and his battle reflexes took over. THe one thing he was good at was fighting, so now was the time to prove his mettle. Immediately as the Fell Beast plummeteed out of the sky, screeching it's horrible noise, Eleyn fell to the ground with her hands clutched over her ears. Arthelmein was on the verge of the same but he resisted, and his hearing was terrible anyways so he wasn't subject to the full effect.

He ran, leaning over and picking up eleyn without stopping in one graceless movement, and stumbling into the cover of the trees. He drew his sword, and turned back just in time to see the fell beast pull sharply out of it's descent with no obvious prey in the clearing. He didn't even hesitate. As it skimmed the ground, almost immediately taking back off, he made a running leap and just latched his none sword arm around the neck as he was carried into the air. He raised up his sword arm to block a crushing downward swing from the mace of the Nazgul. HIs sword bent from the inpact, and his arm shivered with the force of the blow. The Fell beast was now snapping at him and he put out it's eye with one of the sharp bits of the sword, causing it to plunge into a rapid descent, twirling an bucking around in the air. He was very close to falling off, but just then the Nazgul raised his mace for a killing blow, and he saw his opening. Just as he started to swing the mace, Arthelmein threw his sword in the opposite direction of the beasts head, causing the Nazgul to hesitate a moment. He swung his legs up in an amazing feat of strength and agility, kicking off the Nazgul full in the chest and sliding into his position in one movement, the mace crashing harmlessly into the place his head had occupied a minute before.

Sitting atop the beast he saw the Nazguls empty cloak fluttering down into the forest below.

He tried to grab the reins to control the beast, but the winged monstrosity only jerked and flew more wildly as he tried to keep his seat and hold of the one piece of rope. Then, a sudden sharp left and he was thrown out into space, high, so high...haning by one small leather piece of the reiigns, clinging for dear life....

(Would your hawk possibly be VERY big Taur Othar? Oh and Eleyn, may i belatedly ask you if u mind that i made you fall down in my post? Anything to give my char more chances at heroics... )
Taur_othar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2004 03:05
Nimthoron yelped as she saw Arthelmein dangling from the Fell beast. What in Arda were they supposed to do?! She stiffened as she felt someone put an arm around her shoulders.

"Looks like your friend needs some help, Little sister" came the drawl from beside her. Nimthoron turned around with a shriek.

"Durthoron!" she cried as she threw her arms around her big brother's shoulders. He just laughed and hugged her back.

"Arthelmeinneedshelpcausethefellbeastcameandhegotonitandkilledthenazguland-"

"I know I know" Said Durthoron "I'll go get him" Dur sprinted into the forest and came into a clearing where a bird that looked big enough to carry a horse stood.

"Hey Obsidian!" Said Nimthoron, patting his beak. She followed her brother to Obsidian's side where he mounted up onto a light leather harness. Nimthoron jumped up behind him and they took off with a heave on Obsidian's part.

Obsidian let out a war scream before diving at the fell beast and digging his talons into its spine with a crunch. the foul thing gave a hidious roar before going limp. Obsidian let go of the flying serpant and dived down farther, catching Arthelmein gently by the back of the tunic and gliding down to where Eleyn sat
Lady_Lily
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2004 12:58

((Oh, dear, no! I don't mind, Do whatever you want with her, just don't kill her, hehe.))

Eleyn clutched her ears. Her father was elven so that made her hearing and eyesight a bit better than the mortals. She gritted her teeth and struggled to get up. She looked up at say Arthelmien dangling for dear life. "Arthelmien!!!" She screamed, clutching her hands and staring up with dear hope that he would make it. A few seconds later Obsidian took action. She sighed with relief as he dug his tallons into the Fell beast's back and caught Arthelmien on it's back. As he glided down and let Arthelmien off Eleyn ran and embraced him, thankful he was alive.
Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2004 07:33
Just when he thought the rope was about to break, he turned to one side to see a giant bird rushing in, and grabbing onto an unprotected part of the back of the fell beast, giving a twist of its talons, and crunching the fell beast into a malformed blob. It started to fall out of the air immediately, and Arthelmein's stomach lurched. After all this was he going to end up smashing into the ground with a fell beast on top of him? But no, he would live to see another day, as the hawk circled around again quickly and grabbed him lightly by the stomach. He let go of the rope and the hawk descended quickly, Arthelmein feeling hideously weightless as he lay facing down across the talons of the hawk.

Soon enough they were on the ground though, and Arthelmein rolled wobbly off the claws of the hawk and onto the ground, not knowing or caring where the other person sitting on the hawk came from. He got himself up shakily to his feet, glad to feel the ground beneath his legs again but not quite used to it. Eleyn rushed across the clearing and hugged him fiercely, and he lost himself in her embrace, practically falling into her arms. All his senses tingled from the heat of her body, her entrancing sent filling him, soft delicate form pressed against him. He wrapped his arms around her, needing desperately to hold on to something of this world after his traumatic experience in flight.

He started to cry slightly, shakily on her shoulder, deeply ashamed of his weakness but unable to help himself. All of his senses were overridden with unspeakable terror, from thoe hissing darkness under the nazguls hood, and he realized, the reason why he was having touble standing was his one leg was completely numb where he had kicked the nazgul off the beast. The beast...Glaring, malicious face and snapping jaws...they were creatures of fear, the both of them..and he had been struck to the core. He didn't let go for a long while, comforted by the warm form of Eleyn, sniffling a little. Eventually he broke off and moved haltingly over to a log to sit, his movement impeded by his numb leg. It burned with ice when it bent to let him sit down, and he gritted his teeth with pain even as he wiped away his tears.
Taur_othar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2004 12:08
Nimthoron winced as she watched Arthelmein with Eleyn. Durthoron's face was grave. He remembered his Mother and scowled, trying to rid himself of the memory.

His mother had also fought a Fell beast and Nazgul. She had been mortally wounded and died a few weeks later. His father had almost died from grief but a traveling healer had turned up and his father had fallen in love with her.Durthoron had only been twenty at the time. The healer was now his step-mother and was Nimthoron's mother. He liked her, but she wasn't the same as his own.

He was thirty when Nimthoron was born and became attached to the young elfling. Her mother wasn't a full blooded elf so she and Nimthoron had the title: half elf.

Durthoron now looked after Nimthoron, considering she wasn't seen as full grown yet. She also got into a whole lot more trouble than any other living being he knew.

"Lets give Arthelmein some of that tea you have that takes away pain" Said Nimthoron, feeling bad for the poor man. Durthoron nodded and went to his packs to get the tea mix while Nimthoron went to boil water.

They made the tea and walked over to Arthelmein. Dur gave Obsidian the signal to go find Morwing while Nimthoron gave the depressed being in front of her a skin full of tea. she saw the man wrinkle his nose at the smell.

"This Information will not really help you any, But it smells better than it tastes" said Nimthoron with a grin "But it works better than anything else in Middle Earth, besides the fact it tastes like cow pies"
Lady_Lily
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2004 04:30

Eleyn felt Arthelmien sobbing onto her shoulder. She hugged him tightly as tears ran down her cheeks. When he pulled away she helped him to the log and took out a plant. "Athelas, this shall help slow the pain." She said, forgetting that some mortals didn't know the meaning of athelas. "Kingsfoil." She said, slightly smiling. As she wrapped it around his leg. Nimthoron walked up and gave Arthelmien a cup of tea and informed them about it. Eleyn winced and shook her head as they offered a cup to her. She wasn't hurt, just frightened and the fell beasts cry still lingered in her ears.
Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2004 04:05
(Ok, i think i have a theoretical time period for this thread..it is going on basically right before the war of the ring, when the Dunedain go off to help Aragorn they leave me behind cuz i am not good enough..sound good? That explains the Nazgul too...)

He smiled as Eleyn offered the commoner's name for the herb athelas. Living in this day and age, under the shadow of the great Aragorn, all rangers knew and used the Athelas herb as a favorite for all types of healing. His smile vanished as the rancorus odor of the foul broth that Nimthoron had prepared was handed to him. He took a small sip and immediately spat it out with a fervor.

Nimthoron encouraged him gently, saying it was very useful for healing. He grimaced and drank down the whole mug, and immediately put a leaf of Athelas in his mouth, grateful for the sharp bitter flavor to chase away the terrible taste. He knew that Athelas worked marvels ingested as well as as a poultice. But he wondered what the secret of the black broth was, for his leg was starting to be filled with an unnatural warmth, banishing the cold, numbing pain, and replacing it with hot fiery pain, like a thousand needles, that he knew meant his leg was coming bacck to life. He almost wished it had stayed dead, for the entire leg stang with the bite of a thousand yellow jackets. He gritted his teeth and sealed his mouth, but a small squeak of pain came out anyways.
Seanthi
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2004 09:18
(I hope this is okay (very pleading puppy eyes...))

Ederath looked away in the distance as he unconciously pulled down his sleeves over the tattoos and shackles. He could never return home now, not after the way the others had treated him after his capture in Harad.
After they had realised that his brown eyes just wasn't a fluke, that his father hadn't really been his by blood, that everything he thought true was false... He looked in the direction of the Duneidan settlement.

"I can't go back..."

Looking towards the south he saw tendrils of smoke rising, a farm? Or other travellers? He pulled his cloak tighter shielding himself from the growng cold as he started to walk towards the origin. Ederath stumbled and he nearly fell when he heard a screeching horrifying sound, Nazgûl... a fell beast with a ranger as a rider? His pace quickened without his consent and he pulled his dagger from it's scabbard when he saw how the monster plummeted from the sky, driven down by one of the great eagles. His concentraion set on the monster, he didn't look to much on the ground, he lost his footing, his forehead making hitting a rock on the way down, hard, he knew no more.

[Edited on 22/4/2004 by Seanthi]
Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2004 10:29
(Anyone else here??? Great that you joined Seanti...I am not sure how i am going to find you though...we are a little bit at an impasse...it could be a couple of posts from now, but as of now...i have nothing really to post...Post Y'all!")
Taur_othar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2004 11:40
(sorry I havn't posted...Had a writers bloc)

Durthoron went and leaned against a tree, observing the group his sister had found

Master, there is a man here. He isn't moving Obsidian informed him.

Bring him here He ordered Have you contacted Morwing?

Yes master, He will be there in a moment. I will be right behind him Obsidian broke off and went after the man as Morwing cantered into the clearing. Obsidian was moments behind him with the man gently being carried in his talons.

"Nimthoron! you have another patient!" Dur called over. Nim looked over with a surprised expression before trotting over. She winced at the lump on his head.

"He's going to be feeling that when he wakes up" She commented before removing her cloak and setting up a makeshift bed for the tired looking human.

Dur lifted the man onto the pallet like thing and gave his sister the items needed to heal him before going over to debate with Obsidian on what to do next.
Seanthi
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2004 09:54
Ederath opened his eyes with a frightened gasp, as he felt someone touching him. he attempted to sit up but a soft elvish voice got throgh his dazzed mind, he felt nausous.

"I'm not going to hurt you," she repeated, looking at him her green shifting eyes meeting his dark brown ones. Her eyes returned to the bump, he touched it with his right hand, wincing. He saw that her eyes turned to the shackles.

"It is not what you think. I should leave, it's not what you think..." he sat up, the nausea hitting him fullforce, he felt like the entire gruop around him was staring at him as he fought himself up on wobbly legs. "It's not what you think..."
Taur_othar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 03:29
Nimthoron rolled her eyes. She didn't care what the shackles where for. He needed help.

"Lay down" She ordered, going over and grabbing his shoulder and pushing him back to the cloak "I don't care if you asassinated a king or whatever, you need help and your going to get it"

Making sure the man was laying down, she got some athelas from the bag and applied it to his wound. He was eyeing her warily like an animal about to run.

"Whats your name?" She asked as she finished with the athelas. Urlan came down to her shoulder and looked at the stranger with interest.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email