Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The path of the Pathless (Join!!!! Freee!!!!! Should be good)
on: April 23, 2004 10:50
Arthelmein felt the pain slowly receding from his leg. He knew the best thing to do was to walk around on it a while to get the blood flowing. He knew it would hurt like the fires of hell, but he put his hands down on the tree trunk and prepared to hoist himself up anyway. Just then, however, another medical patient came into the clearing, carried in the talons of the same hawk that had rescued him. Arthelmein was utterly bewildered by this point,he already didn't know one person here, the man who had been riding the hawk with Nimthoron, and here was a second. He basically just stayed out of the way while Nimthoron treated the man, who had a huge bump on his head.
Seanthi
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 09:18
"My name is... was Ederath of the North," he said silently as the she-elf tended to his head. "I... ...not sure what I should be called nowadays."

A hawk landed on her shoulder asEderath started to look around, there was another Elf, a woman who looked like a shieldmaid, the Ranger he had seen riding the wingedwraith and a giant. His head felt clearer after she had used the athelas, he vaguely recognized the Ranger from his upbringing... but he wasn't sure.
He felt for his dagger but it wasn't there, realizing that he had carried it when he fell. He hadn't a single weapon now, unarmed and surrounded by strangers...

"What's your names?" he asked looking into the she-elfs' green eyes.
Taur_othar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2004 08:41
Nimthoron saw the man searching for something, probably a weapon. When he didn't find it he looked up with what she guessed was nervousness.

"Don't worry, you're safe with us" She said kindly, taking his hand in what she hopped was a comfoting way.

"My name is Nimthoron, Thats my brother, Durthoron, over there. That man there is Arthelmein, That young lady over there is Eleyn, and That's Kehlret" Nimthoron pointed each person out as she said their name
Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2004 11:37
When the stranger introduced himself, Arthelmein felt little bells jangling around somewhere in the back of his head...He knew that name, and the man seemed familiar also. He figured he must ahve known him from when he was with the rangers, judging from the man's name, but he wasn't at all sure, he wasn't good at connecting names and places. As Nimthoron introduced them all, he got up, and walked over closer to the man, whose expression had cleared from the Athelas, and said "I feel that i know you, Ederath, for I too was once a an of the North, a Dunedain, and your name recalls me of something, i know not what."
Lady_Lily
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2004 12:28

Eleyn nodded towards Ederath in a warm welcome.Arthelmien stood up and walked over to the man. She tilted her head and watched him give small talk to the man. Eleyn picked out a few things from her bag and took out a hobbits pan given to her by Pippin if she had given his some mushrooms. Smiling she threw some sticks to the fire and warmed up the pan. She set a few sasages on it and threw some extra mushrooms in. Eleyn knew that they were probably thinking she was half hobbit but she was half elven. She got up, setting the pot on the boiler, to make it stand above the fire, and walked to the river near them.

Eleyn took off her shoes and walked into the water about up to her knees. Slowly she followed something with her hand, swooped and ended up with a rather large fish. She set it in the pouch she brought with her and followed another 3 fish with her hands and caught them. Stepping out of the water she slipped her shoes back on and threw the fish onto the pan and watched as they sizzled. She took them off again, skinned them then set them back to cook some more. After a few minutes a sweet smell filled the air. She took the fish, mushrooms, and sausages and put them on 4 small plates. She finished up with something else and poured some soup in the 4 bowls next to her.

"Supper, mellon nins." Eleyn said, passing out the bowls and plates to the other three. She sat down on a log and smiled up at the wondering faces of the others. "Don't worry, I didn't poison it." She said with a laugh and took a few bites of her fish.

((I noticed that no one really ate anything except a healing soup that you said tasted like cow dung. Hope you don't mind that!))

Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2004 12:48
(SUUUURE....."mellon ninS" i will believe you..."cough cough NOT) It probably would actually be mellen, mellan, or mellyn nin to make it plural, but i dont know which.

**Chows down on some mushrooms as he waits for response**
Seanthi
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2004 09:13

Ederath pulled his torned claok closer as he stammered a thanks to Eleyn when she gave him a bowl.

"I was brought up at my aunt Thoranin in a settlement near Nennuial," he started knowing that they wouldn't be as missunderstanding as Halbarad had been. "Thoranin told me that Dearod came home from one of his journeys, carrying me on his arm. Dearod always treated me as his own but he wasn't my real father, last summer I was sent with five others on a scouting mission to Far Harad. We were surprised by a sandstorm, non of us had ever encountered one before, and we were captured. But they didn't kill us, they stared at me, seperated me from Threrred and they brought me to one of their chieftains, when I saw his face, it was like looking into a mirror. Dearod had found me along side my dead mother and he had taken me," Ederath said closing his eyes.

"His name was Khadour and he wanted me to take place by his side, but I couldn't. He killed my friends infront of my eyes, gruesomelly. I nearly escaped a few times but then he he out my in irons. They marked me," he said showing the rest the tattoos. "I refused to eat and drink and when Khadour realised that I would prefer death he released me."
Taur_othar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2004 11:55
"Hush" Nimthoron said sternly, The man's words were becoming rushed and he looked scared to her elven eyes "You need not fear us. It is not your fault that your father is a barbarian. You just need food and rest now. Rest is definatly coming first"

Nimthoron kissed his forehead and felt him immidiatly drift asleep.

"You should warn people before you do elvish magic on them" Said her brother. She just laughed and went to help him clean the Fell beast blood off Obsidian.
Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2004 01:45
Arthelmein felt terribly sorry for the man after hearing his story gush out. He wanted to talk to him further about where he might know the man from, because the more that Ederath had talked, the mroe convinced Arthelmein had gotten that he knew the man. But then Nimthoron put him to sleep with her elvish magic. He shrugged. He could always talk later, and the man seemed like he needed sleep, definitely over traumatized. He went over and sat next to Eleyn on the log, and complemented her on the very nice fish and mushrooms. He continued to eat the same.
Seanthi
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2004 12:20
"Hush" Nimthoron said sternly as Ederaths were becoming rushed and he looked scared to her elven eyes "You need not fear us. It is not your fault that your father is a barbarian. You just need food and rest now. Rest is definatly coming first"

Nimthoron kissed his forehead and Ederath fell asleep.

His dreams were filled of laughter and joy; something they had lacked for months, nearly a year. And her face, her darkgrey eyes, the red hair, her silent laughter. His love Indra who had looked so sad when he had placed his sword infront of her feet, he left everything with her and his aunt before he left.

"Ederath?" her pleading voice was replaced with another
"Kaed!"

He opened his eyes and looked around him seeing that a new day had begun, maybe even a new life
Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2004 11:59
(Hey...did a night just pass and is it morning..or what? Anyone else still here?)
Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2004 11:44
(...Il take that as an optimistic "not yet" and post anyways )
THey all went to bed soon after eating, too tired and shocked by the rapid meetings and the nazgul to make too many introductions. All that could wait for the next day.

In the morning, Arthelmein was teh first one up and decided to let Kehlret sleep. He knew that the poor old troll had tried to stay up all night watching, as he usually does even when there IS a watch posted. But his metabolism wasnt designed for that, and he inevtiably falls asleep anyway, not to wake for another 24 hours if he can help it. He needed his sleep, so Arthemein woke up the others first.

Soon, Nimthoron, her brother, Eleyn , and Ederath were all up. They were sleepy, and, still rubbing their eyes when they gathered aroun the fire he had (somehow) managed to start, a weak little things, but enough for basic warmth.

"We were not able to make full introductions last night, so let me begin now. I am Arthelmein, and my friend kehlret is over there still sleeping. I am an exile from the dunedain of the North, because of my lack of skill in matters of stealth and wood-craft. I was trying to get to Bree, and a place to stay, when i ran out of water. I didn't realize that i was only about 200 yards from that brook until Eleyn came along and showed it to me."
Seanthi
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 09:48
Ederath looked into the flames as he heard Arthelmein tell about his 'lack of skill', the fact that he had done what so many others would have died before doing; riding a wingwraith...

"I, for one is, head towards Gondor, or maybe Rhune, but I have to pass through Bree to collect my horse and some belongings at an Inn," he said as he unbuckled his empty scabbard.
"I thank you, fair lady, for my first peaceful sleep for months," he said bowing his head towards Nimthoron.

(sorry for not posting in a while... been preoccopied with a Live rpg, sickness and a final...)
Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2004 01:36
(Hey great you posted....but is anyone else here??? I would love to continue this thread.)
Taur_othar
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2004 04:20
((Sorry I haven't posted either. I've been having a writers bloc on this thread and haven't had an idea for a while))

"You're welcome" Nim said with a smile "You were definatly in need of it"

Going over to the man she looked as his head again.

"Unless I am mistaken, you'll be as good as new in a few days" she said and patted him on the shoulder lightly.
Lady_Lily
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2004 09:25

((Sorry I haven't been posting, I was gone for 4 days and I have been too busy. :hug: I'm glad that I'm back though!!)

Eleyn whistled slowly. A few seconds later a horse came out of the tree's and lowered it's head near Arthelmein, sniffed him, trotted over to the others and did the same and then finally found Eleyn. She smiled and pet her horse. "Wet rain." She started, running her finger on its white line on its forehead. "He is blind, yet still a good horse, that is the reason for him smelling you." She said with a laugh. She whispered a bit of elvish to the horse and kept him steady.

((Sorry, it will be a little short..I have no clue what to write since I haven't been here for awile..Thanks for the PM Caeg!))
Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2004 03:27
Arthelmein walked over slowly to Eleyn, not exactly knowing what to say, but being drawn to her like a gravitational pull. He stroked the muzzle of the horse, murmuring.

"What a remarkable beast, as sure-footed as any I've seen, yet Blind!"

"I am very glad you have kept him; too many horse owners among men will kill abeast for even the most correctable and harmless fault."
Lady_Lily
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2005 07:24

Wow!! Lol... I felt like rping again. So I went through my rpgs and found this. I thought it might be good to bring it back to life!

"I would never get rid of Wet Rain." Eleyn replied simply. As she climbed upon his back. "I love this horse as much as--" Eleyn bit her tounge and looked away from Arthelmein. Clicking her tounge the horse moved forward a bit. Eleyn looked back at Arthelmein. "You coming?" A smile played on her lips before she turned Wet Rain around and paused infront of him. "You can ride with me if you want. Wet Rain knows where he's going. Always does." Her green eyes sparkled again. She looked around at the others and then back down to Arthelmein's.

Lol, I'm not sure of what to write, to bring it back. ^_^ Lol. Hope y'all find this
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email