Post RE: Funny Names
on: November 03, 2004 09:54
There was a young boy. His name was Hamer
Turwaithien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2004 03:54
well....my nickname is Radioactive Sunflowerseed, my friend's nickname is Tropicana Anna Bannana.....also there is French-fry w/ ketchup on the top not the bottom...(really that's her nickname)....and some others that I can't remember.

o yes and i have a teacher named Willeta....she was funny

[Edited on 4/11/2004 by Turwaithien]
gollum_2003
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2004 04:43
i dont have any funny names in my family but i used to know someone at high school called Sultana and another persons last name was Curry
Nimloth_Ilivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 05, 2004 04:45
There is a boy in my class. His mothers surname is in Dutch

Zondag mooi weer ( I think it is Sunday lovely weather in English)

dileon
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2004 11:45
i dont know many weird names but heres some
my name is Dimity
my sister is Hedda
Jez- boy
i have heard of someone whos middle name is Rohan!
Keneni- girls name
Tyla- girl
Eli Sunny Beach is someones full name
i know more but i cant think of them all right now
Lathril_of_Aldeen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2004 04:15
These are all real names of people I know:

Girl's:
Mattie Jewel, Valley, Joy Bell, Devon, Haggan, Epi (Hawaiian), Crimson, Aspen

Boy's:
Eagle, Lucky
lanfear
Craziness' Guidance Counsellor
Send Message
on: December 01, 2004 10:43
Well, lets see I'm Kristie Amanda Jayne

my sister is Kaye Patricia, my oldest brother is Thomas Reginald and my other brother is Lewis Jeffrey John

I have two cousins Robin and Bruce (oh yes Batman strikes but my poor Auntie didn't realise it until one of her friends burst out laughing on the phone lol)

This is one the British members will get and everyone else will think i am crazy- a whole family branch with the surname 'Trotter' with one cousin called Rodney. (A tv show over here called "Only Fools And Horses has Rodney Trotter as a main character)

And then not one, not two but three, "Joans" one Aunt, one Great-Aunt and one Cousin spread between my mother's and father's sides. Nothing like originality!
Child_of_Lúthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2004 08:06
I know someone named Crystal Sunlight. People always think it is amazing how well her first name goes wiht her last name.
StarOfTheDunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2004 05:12
One of my cousins had a substitute teacher named Miss Moneymaker... hehe
Elrohir_TarAmandil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2004 09:27
My brother had a friend we called Windex. And we called my late uncle Dockiedoo. A friend of mine's name is Sayota [native American]. I had a dog named Chipper and the one before him was Perky [there's a theme there]. My friends call me Fondue and one of my friends is named Tsugua [which is August backwards].
I live in an area were names like Bumbalough, Blankenship, Buttram, Elrod, Massengill, Human, and Qualls are common. There are even a few Oliphant's and Pippin's in the area.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 25, 2004 10:30
Kurt Cobain named his daughter Frances Bean... Aww.. **Sigh**

There's a girl in my drama class called Xavier... She always has fun when we play postman... I always thought that was pretty strange, but then aparently it isn't... Make up your own mind.

What was the other one I was going to say? Hmmm... Zinnia. LOL! My mum said she had a class-mate called that. (It's a flower name. Wayhey! Hobbit OOC, methinks!)
Glorfindel_of_Gondolin
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 12:26
First my own name: Tove
[It's ancient nordic meaning God of Thunder, im kind of bitter im named after a guy with red beard driving a chariot pulled by two goats over the sky, throwing a hammer named Mjölner at evil things . It's also imposiblle for english-speaking persons to say it right, to them im often called Taouwii, but it's prnoced Tove and nothig else]

Syster:
When my greate aunt's parents where going to name her their realtivs said they would give them a lot of money if they named their baby Syster [Sister in english]. they were kinda poor so one of the names she was given was Syster.
They never got the money.

Horney:
A girl in my class has the surname Horney, it's pronounced "hor-nei" but one of the teachers cant stop saying what you all think of when you read that ^^

Per Vers
A person my friends dad remebered was Per Vers [Per Vert]

Melkor:
A friend of mine is actually called like the silmarillion-villain, it's his surname

Im to tired to write any more strange names.
GOLOTR
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2006 08:52
My grandma's name is Veranell...my uncles name is turtle (ok that his nickname but i dont know his real name!!!) my name isnt odd but people cant say it correctly kjersten
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2006 09:42
I did go to a residential course once held in a country house where the caretakers were a Mr and Mrs Warmbath - that is totally true! Someone told me their son was called Luke I am not so sure about that bit. Other names I have come across

Cornelius Rocks, Hamish McSporran and there must be quite a few people with the surname of Green who are lumbered with the first initial P!
Dingil
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2006 02:48
My mum loves weird celtic names! One of my sisters is called Myfanwy (my-fan-we) and my name is Charise (Cer-rhys)
They dont seem wierd to me anymore, but every one still does double takes when they hear them, or they just say them wrong.
My mum wanted to call me Marigold though!!! ewwwwww...
Mrs_Boyd
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2006 10:24
there arn't any odd names in my family but i love reasearching names and their meanings! lol, a few of my personal favorite ones are Aderes (protector), Alaric (He/She who rules), Desdemona (of the Devil), Cavan (handsome), Faolin (wolf), and Amaya (night rain)...lol, i love names! lol, yeah i'm a loser... :blush: :disco: :cheers: :twitch: :hug:
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: June 18, 2006 01:22
I know 2 one dentist of my friends name is Doctor Molar and a girl at school whose name is Shesa Dream pronounced She's a dream I pity the poor girl when she is in High School. She is in preschool now.
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: July 12, 2007 06:21
When I was doing genealogy I came across a lot of fun names. One of the most unusual was an Essex sea captain called Abiathar Othniel Wilkin!
nightfairy
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2007 10:10
I can think of a few, but I'll have to translate them as they wouldn't mean anything to most of you in German.
Sooo...ah, doctors:
In my home town there's a physician called Dr. Schlachter (Butcher), and near the uni I went to there's a gynaecologist named Dr. Loch (Hole)

From the department 'what parents do to their kids' there's some really odd combinations of perfectly fine names that make a horrid meaning when they come together, i.e. Rosa Schlüpfer (pink panty/knickers), Axel Schweiß (sounds like Achselschweiß, which is the...ah...perspiration in your armpits) or - probably the worst - Wilma Ficken (sounds like 'will mal ficken' which means 'wanna f***')...all of those are confirmed by telephone directories!
In another forum there was someone whose colleague was called Gottlieb Haßdenteufel (Godlove Hatethedevil).

People get strange ideas....

hugs
JaimeLouise
CoE Volunteer & Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: July 12, 2007 12:17
LOL, did anyone see Rich Crook on Super Millionaire?

Also, I've heard of a girl named Manure (pronounced man-you-ray).

Visit my website & Etsy shop! ~ Ephesians 4:29 ~
nightfairy
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2007 03:45
Come to think of it, some celebrities have names that mean something in German...some of them are not too flattering.
Depp for example means idiot, Dunst means fog or fume, and Kutcher - though lacking an s in the middle but pronounced the same way - is the German word for a coachman.

Oh well, I'm sure some German names sound just as stupid to other folks. One of my favourite brands of liquorice is called - and I'm not sure if I am even allowed to write that down here, please tell me if I am to remove it! - 'Spunk'

hugs
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2007 10:47
Well, my nickname is Fuzz, my sister's is lip gloss, grape to be exact.(quite a mouthful if said in a pinch)
At one time i had a friend that we called Noodle
A friend of mine had a parent that worked with a guy named (and tell me if I need to remove this) Hary Dick. No joke, that was his name. Poor guy.
My dad's name is Bracie and I have a cousin named Tre. (he's the third in our family with the name Linzey)
My uncle's name is Butch
and I knew a cat named 'Tupid cause it was deaf.
Oh, forgot one, one of my cousin's is Chia Pet. I have no clue why but she is. Her twin brother is Chives. Chives and Chia Pet, makes it interesting.
michele
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2007 11:34
My mom's best friend's name is Wynand (pronounced Vay-nunt) It's a pretty common name here but nowhere else.
suncrafter
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2007 08:08
There is an old man in my home state of Illinois with the name "Freddy Kruger".
mintchip
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2007 05:16
I read this book onvce and it had this kid in it names Skif. I don't know why but I realy like the name Skif.it's really odd but it sounds sso cool.
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: July 27, 2007 03:31
At the school where I work there is a little girl with this name Shesa Dream Her mom thought with a last name of Dream that She's a would go great with Dream poor kid.
darkfey9
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2007 05:42
There are some musicians with strange names... like Shaant. That one is sooo bizarre.

There was once a guy running for county judge or something whose last name was Hurlbutt lmao.

Our old family name used to be Leifshuits which looks fine except it's pronounced lift-sh*ts

[Edited on 29/7/2007 by darkfey9]
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2007 12:09
At my school there was this one kid named Scottie which isn't weird but his nickname is Stacey. My mom knew a guy named Ira, his nickname was Pee Wee. She had an uncle named Stoney and one named Redd. I think that's all, yup, that's all I got for now.
NeurielAdonneniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2010 08:36
ouch, i'd hate to have a crazy name..
my dad used to have a colleague named Arley Marley. Every time he'd answer the phone, he'd be all like 'hello, this is Arley Marley' *pause* 'yes, that's really my name'
and then there was a teacher at dad's school named mr. legg. his first name was harry. XP
Loslote
Mother Goose of Vána & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 22, 2010 06:47
I have a couple things that are funny about my name. *clears throat* Well, my full name (if you move my middle name around a bit) means Bitter Follower of Christ from Luchsingen. My mom didn't mean for that to happen. Also, as my parents were short-term missionaries in Ecuador when I was born, I have two last names due to the Latin American custom of giving the child both the father's and mother's last name. Only my mom didn't know this. So I have two of the same last name. Said last name is ridiculous. It's uber long and has a silent "ch" in the middle of it. No one can pronounce it or spell it.
7hot_feanorians
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2010 07:51
hmm...i knew a kid called "Dink" once... he was missing his left arm from below the elbow, and it had a little nub that would wiggle back and forth :twitch: he was pretty cool!
Give me a horse and watch me fly!
akiditarod
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2010 05:07
My great grandad's name was Maria...

And a kid at my elementary skool was named Tayjon Butts. NOT KIDDING! lol
Ellirwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2011 01:15
I met a girl this week whose name was Lovely. It's a good thing she actually was. Lovely, I mean. If that makes sense.
"Though she be but little, she is fierce." -A Midsummer Night's Dream
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email